Food Guilt - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the first time in my life I'm not counting calories or dieting/indulging/dieting/indulging. It is pretty unchartered territory. It takes a lot of courage to let go of the control and try to eat when hungry (which is about every 2.5 hours!!). This has been quike a transformation.

Mom of DS born 4/1/11. Wife and Middle-school teacher. Expecting Di/Di boy twins in June, 2012.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying not to have food guilt. I usually gain 70+ when pg, and I really don't want to do that this time. But I get so hungry all the time! I make decent choices most of the time (except for in the evening when I'm prone to eating a little too much halloween candy ) and I honestly try not to overeat. But still I gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post
wow. I wish I could indulge in my cravings. I can't have gluten and right now
This. Only for me, add in dairy, since I'm allergic to that as well as being gluten intolerant. The thing that SUCKS is that my cravings are all for gluteny, dairy-full things. Like Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burritos, and roast beef sandwiches on soft squishy wheat bread (and you know GF bread doesn't come CLOSE LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinupchamp View Post
I am SHOCKED at how much my "body" doesn't want healthy food! Before the pregnancy, I was almost eating a raw diet, protein smoothies, chia seed, raw cacao, beans, quinoa, no sugar except agave...then pregnant.
This is me too. I ate a vegan, nearly 100% raw diet all summer, lost almost 30 lbs, exercised a ton, and felt AWESOME. Boom, it all disappeared when I got pregnant. I had hopes of remaining vegan and mostly raw, but um no, now I'm a meat eater again, a sugar eater (Halloween candy, anyone?), and if I get 10% raw a day it's a good one :P That tracks with my previous pgs though, when anything green made me want to hurl. It's getting better, but I miss my healthy self!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011

User Tag List