Round Ligament Pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today after walking around downtown Disney for like 30 mins we sat down for lunch. I started feeling this cramping like feeling in my lower abdomen (just above the pubic bone) it came and went through lunch (not painful just annoying). Got back into the car, laid back and it went away- does this sound like RLP? If so anyone else having it? 16 weeks 1 day today.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#2 of 7 Old 10-23-2010, 03:04 PM

That doesn't sound like round ligament to me. Ligament pain is always super sharp and only lasts a second. I get it if I move, twist or sit up too fast when pregnant. It might be braxton hicks or just aches and pains. I feel like that if I'm dehydrated or on my feet too much. I wouldn't worry about it!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#3 of 7 Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 AM

What Stayseeliz said...

RLP is on either side of your abdomen - near your hipbones. It happens if you move suddenly or sneeze...What you were experiencing could have been BH but also could have been from exertion and not enough water. Don't worry though - I get crampy too. I think it's your uterus growing and making way for bebe.

I get RLP all the time though. Especially when I sneeze.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#4 of 7 Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 AM

I'm still getting those crampy twinges occassionally, too. I'm thinking its just stretching/growing- it's not nearly as bad as it was, though. Plus you have two in there so I bet you're really stretching out now!! Do you have an appt. coming up soon so you can ask about it?

FYI-I was going to go to downtown disney for lunch yesterday but we went somewhere else instead. It was beautiful yesterday!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#5 of 7 Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies I read somewhere that it could sometimes feel like "dull cramping", but I suppose it's not that common!

Starcat I happen to have an appointment with my M/W today, so I'll ask her about it- I haven't felt it since, I think it may just have been all the walking. I am sure it's the stretching. I am so freakin' big. I honestly look like I'm 6 months pregnant. It's so ridiculous. I have been googling pictures of "16 weeks pregnant with twins" and everyone else seems to be the same size as me, so I feel a little better. I'm embarrassed to post my belly pics when I see posts on the main page inquiring about when one should purchase maternity clothes, and they're as far along as me!

And it WAS a beautiful day at Downtown Disney, just HOT! We ended up eating at that T-Rex restaurant, after visiting the Lego store which was pretty cool DS loved it

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#6 of 7 Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM

I have a friend who keeps telling me about that place but we haven't been to it yet. Yes, after that nice cool week all of a sudden this past weekend and today are kinda hot again. still pretty nice but definitely not the cool fall weather we had for a while.

Hope your midwife appt goes well. I just got back from mine. think I'll go start a chat thread so we have a place to talk about them!!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 7 Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM

My son LOVES the lego store. My parents live in Florida and we visit often. He could spend hundreds of dollars there!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page