Vaginal pain/pressure already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow but I'm having horrible pain and pressure. When I went at 8 weeks they said I had bacteria in my urine and gave me an antibiotic but I didn't take it because I didn't have symptoms. Then when I went back at 12 weeks they said the same thing and I said I would take it but never started it. I finished the antibiotic yesterday but I don't think it helped. I hope my urine doesn't show anything on the 27th when I go back. My midwife said that was probably why I was hurting.

Is anyone else hurting like this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 PM

I think round ligament pain can hurt in the vaginal area sometimes. And, in general, I feel swollen and sensitive down there during pregnancy due to all the increased blood flow. I wouldn't call it "pressure" though. or horrible. When in doubt I'd call your MW.

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl2008 View Post
Hi ladies,

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow but I'm having horrible pain and pressure. When I went at 8 weeks they said I had bacteria in my urine and gave me an antibiotic but I didn't take it because I didn't have symptoms. Then when I went back at 12 weeks they said the same thing and I said I would take it but never started it. I finished the antibiotic yesterday but I don't think it helped. I hope my urine doesn't show anything on the 27th when I go back. My midwife said that was probably why I was hurting.

Is anyone else hurting like this?

Thanks!
I would definitely keep an eye on it. This is what happened to me with my son. Found bacteria in my urine at 8 weeks and it continually got worse. I did take one 10 day round of antibiotics but it didn't help. My water broke at 35 weeks because the infection was running so rampant. It also meant my son had to stay in the NICU for a week because of the infection in his body that he was trying to fight off. My infection was Group B Strep but there are plenty of other forms of bacteria that can cause it. My Drs didn't take it seriously because they said they would just give me IV antibiotics during labor but the infection was too out of control and caused my water to break early. Anyway, if you're bothered by it or notice an increase in discharge, especially if it is yellow at all, I would call your MW and tell them you're concerned. I trusted my Drs that everything would be fine on its own and it wasn't. I would hate to see that happen to anyone else. If treated it's not a huge deal, but if it gets left alone it can obviously cause major problems. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 PM

ummmm...me! Not UTI related at all- I think I have a varicose vein or something in the vajayjay. well, not in but near... (is this tmi??) after 12 hours of busting my butt at work I definitely have some pressure/discomfort down below. eeeek. this is gonna get worse before it gets better isn't it??

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif

User Tag List