~*~Spotlight on bttrflygypsy~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Congratulations! It's your turn in the spotlight

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

When and how did you announce to family and friends?

What has been the best part of this pregnancy so far?

What are you most looking forward to about pregnancy/birth?

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What food are you really enjoying right now? 

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM

how did you meet your DP?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 11-11-2010, 08:25 AM

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m 33. My DP and I have been together for 5 years and had a Union Ceremony 3 years ago. I grew up in Ohio and only lived out of the state for four years during and right after graduate school. I work in higher education, which I have done my entire career and just love it! I live right outside of Cleveland, OH. My house was built in 1918 and was bought as a foreclosure so it’s been a labor of love renovating and renewing it over the last three years.

We have three cats, ages 5, 8, and 10 and a small black terrier who will be 12 this December!

When and how did you announce to family and friends?

It has basically been a slow leak to family and friends since 7 weeks! The cutest was telling my mom and step-dad by putting the 7 week ultrasound in a card and giving it to them. My mom actually said, whose ultrasound is this, um, mine, duh! smile.gif She thought for a minute she was on a hidden camera show. I had been trying to get pregnant for a year and I think she just thought it wouldn’t happen! We waited until just after 12 weeks to tell the rest of the family. DP’s mom live out of state and we emailed her a picture of the ultrasound, which was also cute as she tried to figure out what it was!

What has been the best part of this pregnancy so far?

The tiny bubbles that letting me know he/she is really in there! I never imagined how strange and wonderful this would be. This morning on my drive to work it actually tickled!

What are you most looking forward to about pregnancy/birth?

The thing I am most looking forward to about the birth is finding out if it’s a girl or a boy!!! We’ve decided to not find out until that day!! I'm feeling girl, but everyone else including DP is thinking boy.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:28 AM

I am absolutely in love with raisins! I pile them on my oatmeal every morning, I eat them by the handful during the day and when I get home from work I have at least a few handfuls again! I am also loving pineapple more than I ever did. Oh and spaghetti marinara with just a little alfredo sauce mixed in!!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post

how did you meet your DP?

Aww, thanks for asking wehrli! It’s a neat story. DP and I met 12 years ago in college, I was a senior and she was a sophomore!! At the time she was dating one of my very good friends so that’s how we knew each other and we hung out with the same group of friends that year. I graduated, moved away and lost touch with her and most of the group of friends except her girlfriend who I kept in touch with off and on. When I moved back I reconnected with her girlfriend (now ex, lol) and by doing so, started spending more time with DP. A very quick bond developed and the rest is history . I just love that we have known each other for 12 years, been together for 5, and married for 3. The small group of friends is still a part of our lives too. It’s the best!!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:18 AM

ohhhh,,,i love spaghetti with marinara  and a little alfredo.  i think i should have some tomorrow.

what types of things do you enjoy doing (non baby related)?

what kind of birth are you planning?

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

ohhhh,,,i love spaghetti with marinara  and a little alfredo.  i think i should have some tomorrow.

what types of things do you enjoy doing (non baby related)?

what kind of birth are you planning?

I really enjoy being outside, hiking/walking in the woods, camping, backpacking, cycling. I also love to be on the water, sailing, canoeing, kayaking. I've been rock climbing (mostly in a gym, but also outside) for five years, but won't be doing that for a while heehee! I can't wait to have a little one to take camping and sailing!! I also volunteer for a cancer awareness organization, for a cancer that I lost my dad to in 2006, and it helps to know that I'm doing something.

I am planning for an un-medicated midwife assisted birth in a water birthing suite at a local hospital (just a few blocks from my house). I think my hopes are pretty simple, but I'm amazed at how many women who have give birth look at me like I'm from another planet with my plans!!

User Tag List