Chat it up- November 13 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Isn't there a home remedy for heartburn involving baking soda and water?  (runs to kitchen to get bs box....)  Yes!  The box says: "add 1/2 tsp to half c. of water every two hours as needed.  Do not exceed seven 1/2 tsps in 24 hrs."  I've never used this, but it may be worth a try. 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#62 of 69 Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM

My DH has tried this. It works, but not as well as tums. For him, anyway :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Isn't there a home remedy for heartburn involving baking soda and water?  (runs to kitchen to get bs box....)  Yes!  The box says: "add 1/2 tsp to half c. of water every two hours as needed.  Do not exceed seven 1/2 tsps in 24 hrs."  I've never used this, but it may be worth a try. 

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#63 of 69 Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You all must have jinxed me! I hadn't been having any heartburn at all, but the past few nights, I've had it at bedtime. Not horrible (didn't even send the hubby out for Tums) but there. And it'll probably get worse as the baby gets bigger. I had heartburn the whole time with DS (and FYI - he was a total baldie!) and Tums didn't help at all.

Are those "cooling sensation" Tums ok during pregnancy? I was thinking of trying those since the chalky cheap kind do nothing for me.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#64 of 69 Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

Anyone else feeling emotional? Unstable even? I am bouncing around all over the place.

Ya, I've been emotional too.  I'm not normally emotional... but pregnancy hormones make me cry at the drop of a hat.  I cry at the silliest things... lol

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#65 of 69 Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM

I've been feeling blue. Not "sad" just hormonal for sure. And so tired I feel like I'm in a fog all the time. I usually love fall but we didn't drive through the mountains this year because I'm so tired I knew I wouldn't enjoy it. I'm hoping my "hormonal" doesn't come out this weekend during Thanksgiving. Ahh a bit of holiday stress doesn't help things does it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post

Quote:

Anyone else feeling emotional? Unstable even? I am bouncing around all over the place.

Ya, I've been emotional too.  I'm not normally emotional... but pregnancy hormones make me cry at the drop of a hat.  I cry at the silliest things... lol

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#66 of 69 Old 11-24-2010, 08:23 AM

I feel guilty jumping into this chat without reading all the previous posts!!!  I'm sorry ladies, I work at Target as a store manager and these past couple of weeks have been insane trying to prep for Black Friday.  Any of you going shopping early?  I actually  have to go to Walmart when they open! yikes.gif They have something I need that Target doesn't currently carry!

Quick question......... this is my first baby, so I'm not sure what to expect..... this baby kicks SO much.  SOOOOOOO much. Does this typically foreshadow the future of the child?  Anyone have kids that are jumping off the walls and thinking back they were kicking the walls constantly?  Obviously we're so grateful and blessed we're having this child it would make no difference whatsoever, but I was wondering if that's sort of a trend?  He/she kicks for about an hour 6 or 7 times a day.  How rough is it gunna be when I'm full term and the baby is kicking that much?  or does it kick less when it gets more confined?  (can you tell i have no idea what to expect??)

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving this year :)

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#67 of 69 Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 PM

Anyone else cooking a turkey this year? Picked mine up today. Fresh & local. But...SO expensive. I can't believe that next year at this time I'll have a 6+ month old infant!

My doc had scheduled me for a level II ultrasound next week. Found out today insurance won't cover it because it's not considered "medical necessity." Thank god I called--we'd be on the hook for $1000. So instead we're opting for the regular old doctor's office scan, which'll be fine anyway and only cost us $200 if we can't get insurance to pay for it.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#68 of 69 Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

Anyone else cooking a turkey this year? Picked mine up today. Fresh & local. But...SO expensive. I can't believe that next year at this time I'll have a 6+ month old infant!

My doc had scheduled me for a level II ultrasound next week. Found out today insurance won't cover it because it's not considered "medical necessity." Thank god I called--we'd be on the hook for $1000. So instead we're opting for the regular old doctor's office scan, which'll be fine anyway and only cost us $200 if we can't get insurance to pay for it.

and your 6month old will be about the size of a turkey! :D

wow, that's expensive.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#69 of 69 Old 11-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

I'm feeling much more stable this time around.  (still having some mood swings) but not as bad as when I was pg with the girls.  I'm also taking a b-complex. I think that helps a little, too!

So I noticed this morning that there have been at least 3 december babies born already.  AND....August DDC should be up really, really soon!  Seems like we have so far to go but the holidays are going to make time FLY and once January hits its only 3 more months!!

I'm taking a B complex already. My mom thinks this little one is a girl. I would love it if it were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

Emotional is normal, unstable, not so much :)

I was during the first trimester, but the farther into the second i get, the more stable I am. I think the thing that made the biggest difference was starting to take evening primrose oil again. I had run out somewhere around week 8 and it was a few weeks before I could get more. That always makes a HUGE different in my mood when i'm not pg. Other things I take for mood are b-complex and a omega 3/6/9 supplement (fish oil, etc).

Quote:

I will have to look into the EPO and fish oil. I know I have fish oil but no EPO. How do you take it? and how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

I got to go in today for contractions, fun fun.  I had them about 5 mintues apart for a couple hours, so off I went.  We are both okay, turns out I am dehydrated and had a boderline UTI (asympotmatic), both of which can cause ctxns, so hopefully fixing those things will keep the BH away for a few months!

So sorry to hear that! glad it wasn't more serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

papaya enzyme is doing nothing for me. :( someone posted another remedy once, I need to track down the thread. i hate heartburn so much!

I also had some luck with apple cider vinegar. I would put a couple tbsp of ACV in warm water and drink it, it definitely helped with DS. I had heartburn so very bad with him! I tried everything in the last months and it only did so much though. He was over 10lbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post

Quote:

I'm not normally emotional either. DH thinks it is odd how stoic I can be, but now I can cry at almost anything and it is a little disturbing to feel like I'm losing control of my emotions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post

I feel guilty jumping into this chat without reading all the previous posts!!!  I'm sorry ladies, I work at Target as a store manager and these past couple of weeks have been insane trying to prep for Black Friday.  Any of you going shopping early?  I actually  have to go to Walmart when they open! yikes.gif They have something I need that Target doesn't currently carry!

Quick question......... this is my first baby, so I'm not sure what to expect..... this baby kicks SO much.  SOOOOOOO much. Does this typically foreshadow the future of the child?  Anyone have kids that are jumping off the walls and thinking back they were kicking the walls constantly?  Obviously we're so grateful and blessed we're having this child it would make no difference whatsoever, but I was wondering if that's sort of a trend?  He/she kicks for about an hour 6 or 7 times a day.  How rough is it gunna be when I'm full term and the baby is kicking that much?  or does it kick less when it gets more confined?  (can you tell i have no idea what to expect??)

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving this year :)

Uh, I only have limited experience, but I can tell you my son was VERY active in utero. You could watch my belly undulate with his movements, non stop kicking and punching all the time. And now he is a very very busy little guy, he climbs he runs, he jumps he dances, he takes things apart, he climbs ladders (and falls off them and breaks his leg) he often sports more than one bruise and scrape. He wears me out! I'm just glad he no longer can kick me from the inside!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

I'm cooking a turkey this year also, but I did go for the conventional frozen bird this year. I strongly considered a nice humanely raised birdie from one of the farms around here, but I couldn't justify over $50 for one turkey. When DH goes officer, we can have pastured poultry.

We are going to be feeding a total of 10 this year. I'm making turkey, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn pudding, and strawberry pretzel salad. And other people are bring the rest. I'm thankful that I dodged pie duty this year!! I hate making pie crust. I hope no one complains about my ww rolls. I just couldn't justify buying white flour for one little recipe!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page