Still use a name if it's top 10? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Two of my sons have what turned out to be names that gained popularity rather quickly. I didn't have internet access when naming them so searching this stuff wasn't even an option. I still don't often hear of children where we live with the names but certainly sometimes I do! At this point popularity weighs heavily on my decision making but it's not the only factor. If you love the name and feel it's the one that belongs to your baby then go ahead and use it!  

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#32 of 33 Old 12-12-2010, 02:36 PM

I have an Eleanor, but is called Ella a lot.  I would have chosen something else had I thought about "Ella" and it being everybody and their sisters name. LOL

My boys are Truman and Linus, so no worries there.  Truman though, was supposed to be Aidan all the way up until my water broke and it didn't feel right anymore.  Linus was going to be Finnian(Finn), but my kids wouldn't back down from Linus, which was another one of our choices.   I *love* Finn names.  I would go with Finnegan.  It really is lovely.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#33 of 33 Old 12-23-2010, 06:17 AM

DDCC to say - check out this:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/name-mapper

It shows you top 100 by state!  So you can see how popular a name is over time and by state...I found it very interesting!

Side note to say - my daughters name has never been in the top 100, and yet my cousin due a month before me picked THE SAME NAME without either of us knowing.  Sometimes it just happens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page