Decrease in Fetal Movement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have noticed a significant decrease in fetal movement over the past few days. She is still kicking it's just not as strong or as frequent as it was before. It's got me pretty concerned though. I have tried things like drinking juice and then laying on my left side, she moves but it's not her regular movement.

Should I call my midwife? Am I just being paranoid?

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#2 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sometimes my LO has a couple days that are less active than others.  They are just at the point where they are getting pretty big and the uterus is tighter around them.  Maybe the movements feel different because she's not bouncing off the walls like she was a month or so ago.  If it really has you concerned it wouldn't hurt to call the midwife, that's why you hired her. 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#3 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Listen to your gut, if you feel like you should call go for it.

My guys movements in frequency, strength and location depending on what position he's in. He switches from anterior to posterior and being vertex facing one side to the other. Maybe your little one is just in a new position?

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#4 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

I called my midwife and she said as long as I am feeling at least ten movements a day then that's fine. I came home from work early ate, took a nap and then she started kicking like I am use to.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

#5 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Anytime you feel uncomfortable it can't hurt to call. That's what they are there for. Glad the baby started moving again. I know that's scary. I think as they get into different positions the movements feel different. It's scary sometimes!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#6 of 9 Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 PM

With DD I was so worried one day that I made my MW send for NST! Turns out DD was just sleepy that day. With this pregnancy, I am experiencing some days when baby is turning and kicking all day long and almost no movement for couple days in the row. I still can count at least ten movements on those calm days but it still makes me worried a bit.
#7 of 9 Old 01-16-2011, 03:02 PM

Glad your baby is back to behaving!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#8 of 9 Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexapurple View Post

With DD I was so worried one day that I made my MW send for NST! Turns out DD was just sleepy that day. With this pregnancy, I am experiencing some days when baby is turning and kicking all day long and almost no movement for couple days in the row. I still can count at least ten movements on those calm days but it still makes me worried a bit.

The past two days she was super active and then today she is very calm. I think she is just tired. Still when it goes on for several days it does make me worry too.

#9 of 9 Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)

I know things are all worked out but I just wanted to give you support for calling - I feel like it's good to call if we're worried.  I'm glad everything is back to normal!  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page