Is anyone else in a constant grouchy mood? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seriously, all I want to do is eat whatever food craving I have at the moment and lay around. I feel like I have PMS x a million.

I'm tired and snippy. Thank you hormones. :(

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#2 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM

yes, this is me. I'm not as grumpy/moody as I was when pregnant before.  But lazy.  oh, so lazy.  I don't want to DO ANYTHING!!  sit around. eat snacks. play on computer. watch tv.  I really, really need to be cleaning & organizing.  Just  not feeling it, though.  Hoping the nesting bug hits me soon. 

so whatcha eating??  I just made homemade cheesecake bites and some strawberry sauce and blueberry sauce. Never made them before so I have no idea how they are.  The sauces look yummy.  They are for my friends baby shower tomorrow.  Chinese food sounds kinda good tonight.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#3 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I'm usually not so grouchy so this is a shock to me. I have been crying at the drop of a hat. I'm almost embarrassed about how lazy I have been. My DH deserves a gold star for all he has done lately while I feel like wifely failure. :(

Yesterday's big craving was a Chipotle burrito and guacamole and chips. Tonight's craving is Ihop strawberry french toast with scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns with cheese and onions. I looove Chinese but we really don't have any good places in Knoxville. We do have a good Thai place but I am just about burnt out on that.

#4 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 05:21 PM

OMG YES!!! this is so me. I don't want to excerise, cook, clean, or parent. My poor girls have suffered the brunt of my short temper, every

night at bedtime I have to say "mami is sorry for...". I think it's getting old for them.

Ivette; DH Nick since 1997, DD Ari 12/06, DD Jojo 07/08, 05/10, #4 EDD 4/29/11.
#5 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Yeah this is me... to a T. I hate the mother I am right now. So cranky ALL THE TIME. My poor kids. I dont want to do anything either. Im sick of being sick. Im nauseous, so tired, lazy, fat.. everything aches.. my girly places... My toddler makes me bend over 10 zillion times a day. Nursing hurts like you know what.... sigh. I am so ready to be done. And get back to the happy, laid back, loving energetic mom I usually am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivette74 View Post

OMG YES!!! this is so me. I don't want to excerise, cook, clean, or parent. My poor girls have suffered the brunt of my short temper, every

night at bedtime I have to say "mami is sorry for...". I think it's getting old for them.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#6 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 09:12 PM

I'm here too. I wake up exhausted in the morning and try not to be grumpy but it's hard. There is so much to do. We homeschool and I REALLY need to hit school hard from now until the end of March. And there is the cleaning, cooking, etc. My kids are a huge help but it's still rough. I've found if I FORCE myself to exercise it does help with energy and mood but I don't like feeling this way. I try to control it because I feel like there is going to be a long time in the future after baby comes and I'm tired, etc that I'll have to fight this but it's hard. I'm trying to cut out everything that isn't necessary and focus on my kids. And I really need to make myself nap during the day. I know that would help!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#7 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Count me in on the grouchy pain in the ass list.  I'm not a barrel of sunshine all the time normally, but lately my kids and my dog (especially the dog!) have been making me crazy!  They had a two week winter break and I was sick almost the whole time.  I did nothing with them and my sweet, wonderful DP took them out to do all kinds of fun stuff just to give me a break.  I'm happy he is so much better with them than I am right now, but I feel way guilty.  And the poor dog.... the poor cute little pug.  He is adorable and stinky and spastic and really really annoying.  I am seriously considering looking for a sleep away doggy boot camp to send him to for 4/15 to 5/15 just to get a freakin' break from him.  errrr.... I don't even like having him in the house. 

Between the hormones and the aches and pains and not being able to go to my daily yoga classes I feel like a grade A you-know-what.  Oh.... and I have no, zero, zilch desire for sex.  at all. nothing (pretty much since conception).  DP is a saint for putting up with me.  I'm a little nervous about what the first few month PP will be like. 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#8 of 17 Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Add me to the list...  I've been feeling so blah and lazy this past week.  My back aches, I've got so much pelvic swelling and pressure, I am sick of bending over.... on and on.  I haven't been too short tempered with DS and DH but I all I want to do when I get home is take off my pants and lay on the couch!  Ugh, I'm no fun right now and I've still got 13 weeks to go!

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#9 of 17 Old 01-25-2011, 12:29 PM

Oh yes.  I'm amazed I made it out of the grocery store without killing someone.  The woman in front of me in line just would not move up so could start putting our groceries on the conveyor and I almost had a canary.  My kids are driving me crazy.  DD just turned two and is really trying every strand of my patience.  She is getting so heavy and she arches her back whenever I try to buckle her in the carseat and I have to push her bottom down and back just to buckle her.  No matter where we are going.  Constant power struggle.  And the winter here is so depressing.  We've had a lot more snow than usual and its just pissing me off.  Really pissing me off.  Ok, vent over.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#10 of 17 Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

I hear ya! I have NO patience in public. I am usually quite laid back and restrained but lately I have been telling people EXACTLY how I feel. lol.gif

Last night I went to the grocery store and a young man was parked halfway in the fire lane and halfway in the way of the main drive in front of Kroger. He was parked right in front of the sign that says "Fire Lane! No Parking!". Well, I couldn't get around him and I couldn't back up because there were cars behind me. So I rolled down the passenger window and gave him a piece of my mind. I REALLY just wanted to get my darn ice cream and get the heck out of there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post

Oh yes.  I'm amazed I made it out of the grocery store without killing someone.  The woman in front of me in line just would not move up so could start putting our groceries on the conveyor and I almost had a canary.  My kids are driving me crazy.  DD just turned two and is really trying every strand of my patience.  She is getting so heavy and she arches her back whenever I try to buckle her in the carseat and I have to push her bottom down and back just to buckle her.  No matter where we are going.  Constant power struggle.  And the winter here is so depressing.  We've had a lot more snow than usual and its just pissing me off.  Really pissing me off.  Ok, vent over.

#11 of 17 Old 01-26-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivette74 View Post

Exactamundo. I can't wait to not be pregnant so I can feel like a good parent again.

#12 of 17 Old 01-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh the bad mood has just started to get me. I often find myself warning my family so they will back off. It's really bad when I am trying to get comfortable in bed to go to sleep and DH wants to snuggle. Oh I am so uncomfortable, I have indigestion, just don't touch me! irked.gif poor DH. I usually end up apologizing.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#13 of 17 Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm often cranky too, and I feel so bad because it's usually my kids that have to deal with it.  I've been short tempered, irritable and yelling at them lately.  I feel guilty about it but I am just so easily frustrated.  I'm more emotional too, I cry at all kinds of things, happy and sad.  I'm hoping I will be a little more even tempered now I'm done work.  Less stress, more rest... hopefully that helps. 

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#14 of 17 Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM

I thought i was feeling this way because of the stress i'm going through with DH.....but looks like it's all normal...if all the other mama's feel the same way...so here's what i've been doing....helping ds put together a 815 piece lego set and on day 2 of putting it together and i cant get this one piece to fit and half the thing falls apart...OMG! I've spent 2 days on this thing that falls apart....bang my head a few times against the wall...i get so upset i want to cry...not a good example for my 6yo. I apologize and try to explain that i dont have the patience to do this right now.

Laying around all day....and DH tells me i'm lazy and that there are alot of pregnant women out there that work and clean there own house and all i do is lay around. HOLY COW!

Well....i do have a house helper and you are home so....what else do you want me to do.....so looks like laying around right now is normal in this thread. I couldnt handle walking around the mall today with one of my best friends....all the noise and people and i was exhausted and we had just walked into the mall. Didnt stay for long.....cant handle big crowds and loud noises.

Pissed off at everyone...really I am...pissed off that my house helper washed my faux down comforter with the duvet cover on it.......IT's brand new....i've only had it a few weeks and you through the whole thing into the washer....OMG! WHY! I wanted to die....no...no.....and i dont know enough spanish to tell her to ask me before she washed stuff like that! I tried to explain that only the cover needs to be washed but only when i need it washed. OH GOLLY! I should be thankful that i dont have to clean my house...but darn...what does my husband think i should be doing all day?

And house helper....ask me next time please....just dont do that!

Oh and my MIL is staying with us....and there is a language barrier as i dont speak fluent spanish and my DH is out of town....it's ok if there is one dirty spoon in the sink and a few toys laying on the floor when we go to bed....IT's ok to LEAVE IT! i dont feel like washing one spoon and I dont feel like bending over to pick up toys that will be in the same place when i wake up in the morning because the kids got up before me and pulled all the toys back out again.....it's ok to have a house that's LIVED in.

ok....i'm done....wheeew got some things off my chest!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#15 of 17 Old 02-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmiles View Post

Exactamundo. I can't wait to not be pregnant so I can feel like a good parent again.

Ditto! Everything that everyone has mentioned is resonating with me right this moment.  I feel like a very lazy and unproductive parent/wife/homemaker...  Feeling this way leaves me quite grouchy, and I find myself avoiding contact with certain people (namely my MIL) because I know I can't muster up the energy to pretend to enjoy her company redface.gif

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#16 of 17 Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Me too, and Monday I had to endure two hours of inlaws wanting me to be up the kids butts for two hours so they don't touch their precious stuff.  When we were leaving we were told " We're not baby proof so you can't relax you need to watch them"   DH already knows he's going without me next time and watching the kids instead of sitting and talking for two hours!!

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#17 of 17 Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 AM

yes.:( I hate feeling this way. When I am feeling good I usually try to get whatever house work I can real quick then I start hurting and its back to grouchyness. lol. I feel like the bad mom right now because I dont feel like doing anything and they are constantly dragging out more stuff so I keep telling them to take it back to their rooms and they kinda look at me like " My gosh were just playing!" DS1 keeps wanting to go to grandma's house because shes more fun right now. Im just dreading the transtion of having another baby at home and trying to spend enough time with each one so they dont feel left out. I dont want to hurt there feelings. :(

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page