1st official 2011 chat - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

I totally understand the need to get a good cry session out of the way!! It can be very productive!

You are a stronger woman than I for dealing with your friend so diplomatically.  I have an incredible short fuse when I'm prego, so that situation probably wouldn't have gone over so well with me.  You said it yourself... you have a 2 YEAR OLD BOY! Hello clueless people of the world?! From your description, he is a textbook example of a perfectly-developing young, creative, spirited child!  Some people are really clueless!

UPDATE from my original post on page 1.  Today we had a MW appt, and only heard a few slight little blips in the heartbeat!!!!!! This is incredible considering the very pronounced arrhythmia we have been watching the last couple of months (it was skipping every third beat.)  This gives me sooo much more comfort going into this homebirth.  Even though I kept reading that it was a benign condition that often clears before or shortly after birth, I had convinced myself that that wasn't the case for us.  

PRAISE BE! I am so happy for you. I hope by your next appointment it is completely gone so that all your worries are taken away. I'm glad you are going forward with your HB with confidence now. :)

As for my friend...well it helps that she lives several states away and we hardly ever see one another. And her DD has a very different temperament than my child. She is very docile and quiet and prefers quiet play. If I wasn't patient with my friends...well...I would have even less than I do now. And I wouldn't be slowly corrupting one of them with AP ideas...lol!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#122 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm STARVING!!  I'm not supposed to eat until I eat my gtt breakfast but Iusually eat by now and I have to wait until after I take the girls to school.  An entire HOUR!!!  UGH!

I had a good cry the other night, too.  oh, and yesterday.  But Monday night I had a headached and my contacts were bothering me and I felt crappy and cried and yesterday my dog pooped in the bedroom stepped in it and tracked it through the ENTIRE house. After I didn't KILL her and got it cleaned up I was reading sad stuff on some website and sobbed for about 20 min,  Then felt better. 

Brownies sound delicious.  I think I will make some today. after my gtt.

hopefully that arrythmia is totally gone by birthday time! 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#123 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Is anyone else having a hard time getting good sleep due to getting out of bed a lot? I am starting to feel so sleep deprived because I am up about 4-5 times nightly to pee, drink water and eat a snack. Ugh. :( I know this is nature's way of preparing us for a newborn but I swear I didn't get up so often until the last couple months with my other babies.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#124 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 AM

We are almost down to the last couple of months!! :) I'm getting out of bed at least twice a night. Bathroom trips and I usually drink a glass of milk since I'm starving! That seems to hold me over until the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Is anyone else having a hard time getting good sleep due to getting out of bed a lot? I am starting to feel so sleep deprived because I am up about 4-5 times nightly to pee, drink water and eat a snack. Ugh. :( I know this is nature's way of preparing us for a newborn but I swear I didn't get up so often until the last couple months with my other babies.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#125 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM

Quickly checking in to let you all know about 50% off certain bravado nursing bras: http://www.babysteals.com/

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#126 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Lol at all the "crazies" talk...I started with mine when my blood sugar went whacky, and even though it's decent now, they haven't gone away. Poor hubby...I am already so grumpy, but like one of you was saying, he has been so emo and has had his HEAD IN THE CLOUDS - and it does NOT help...ugh! I also hope he gets it together before this baby comes!

Allical - so glad for you that baby's heart is doing so much better *hug*

I have a pulmonologist follow up appt this afternoon then off to the County (not the one we live in, but the one north that we are doing our foster care through) for a big meeting with the SW, her supervisor, HER supervisor and us. And why this meeting, when our homestudy has been finished for almost 2 months, we have met all of the qualifications, etc...We have to go and EXPLAIN OUR MOTIVES to that top supervisor as to why in the world we want so many children. Yep - so not kidding, and so not very happy. She simply cannot understand why we have one, one on the way (which, btw was totally unplanned, and wasn't even in the picture when we started this process), and we would still want more, so she wonders if "our motives are evil" (quote from our SW)...O.K.  

I know this isn't the FC/Adoption forum on MDC, but since you all are such good friends, I would really appreciate prayers. she is also wanting a statement from my dr "proving" that I did have a m/c in April, and that we had a twin that was lost this time. Ummm...nope. That's just too much. I just simply don't need that kind of emotional wrecking ball right now. granted, they have NO idea that I've had PE, GD, or now the ptl. This has all come about since our last visit with the SW, and HIPPA more than covers this kind of medical info...

Thanks for letting me rant. I love having you all here :)

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#127 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 AM

I've been dealing with the crazies.  I think it has something to do with the full moon.  I had to get outside today, despite the cold (hovering around -13C/8F) because the kids were driving me nuts.  Took us forever to get bundled up and out but man was it worth it.  Now I just need to get the kids down for a nap (bonus if it's at the same time!) and this day will be considered a success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

On the subject of crazies...

I actually had a friend today tell me that I should watch this show because apparently 'Supernanny' deals with kids "even worse than HIM" (pointing to DS). Uhh...he's TWO. I know your almost 3 year old angel child who is super smart and so obedient never screams or yells...but that is just the way my kid talks. Sorry. And no he doesn't need speech therapy because he was a late talker. She is lucky I had my crazy under control today. I did end our visit shortly thereafter. DS was actually being a very good boy during our visit. He's two. He doesn't share, because YOU CANNOT REASON WITH HIM. He is just starting to understand the concept of "indoor" voices and when he gets excited or mad or bored he screams. he runs. he jumps. he kicks things and he throws things. I consider this all normal toddler behavior. he didn't break anything or hurt anyone and he obeyed me when I told him to not touch something. I suppose it is annoying if your child never does those things...I suppose if you turn away from your child every time they express their emotions they would learn that they shouldn't do that!! But I didn't see him do anything that was so very "wrong".

She is a great woman and a good friend but we just do some things very differently. And no, I'm not going to teach my new baby sign language to help his language develop earlier. Just like she isn't going to wear her baby to help foster attachment.

Your DS and mine should play together except yours sounds more obedient than mine LOL

Quote:

UPDATE from my original post on page 1.  Today we had a MW appt, and only heard a few slight little blips in the heartbeat!!!!!! This is incredible considering the very pronounced arrhythmia we have been watching the last couple of months (it was skipping every third beat.)  This gives me sooo much more comfort going into this homebirth.  Even though I kept reading that it was a benign condition that often clears before or shortly after birth, I had convinced myself that that wasn't the case for us.  

Yay!  Sounds like your LO's condition is sorting itself out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post

I have a pulmonologist follow up appt this afternoon then off to the County (not the one we live in, but the one north that we are doing our foster care through) for a big meeting with the SW, her supervisor, HER supervisor and us. And why this meeting, when our homestudy has been finished for almost 2 months, we have met all of the qualifications, etc...We have to go and EXPLAIN OUR MOTIVES to that top supervisor as to why in the world we want so many children. Yep - so not kidding, and so not very happy. She simply cannot understand why we have one, one on the way (which, btw was totally unplanned, and wasn't even in the picture when we started this process), and we would still want more, so she wonders if "our motives are evil" (quote from our SW)...O.K.  

I know this isn't the FC/Adoption forum on MDC, but since you all are such good friends, I would really appreciate prayers. she is also wanting a statement from my dr "proving" that I did have a m/c in April, and that we had a twin that was lost this time. Ummm...nope. That's just too much. I just simply don't need that kind of emotional wrecking ball right now. granted, they have NO idea that I've had PE, GD, or now the ptl. This has all come about since our last visit with the SW, and HIPPA more than covers this kind of medical info...

Thanks for letting me rant. I love having you all here :)

Hope your meeting goes well.  It's like they don't realize (or forget) that there are people out there who are perfectly capable of creating a wonderful loving home for kids.

#128 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Lauren--yep. Most nights it's not so terrible because I can fall back asleep and don't have to get up early for anything, so the main side effect is I feel rested but sleepy for half the day due to disrupted sleep patterns. But other nights I can't get back to sleep, or have to be somewhere--and end up feeling pretty wrecked. It's peeing and dry throat for me.

JoyFamMama--hug2.gifYou're dealing with a lot right now. I didn't realize you were looking at the adoption/foster care process as well. Not much to say except I agree that is incredibly invasive to ask you to document miscarriages--good for you drawing the line. As for the PTL, I know in the end things will be fine, but I hope that baby stays in as long as possible. I have two friends who had babies at 33 weeks--not too too far off from where you are--and both babies are beautiful, healthy, and thriving at 6 and 4 months.

p.s. Anyone getting those "Oh my! Right around the corner!" comments about your EDD? Today I called my primary care doctor's office about a prescription and the nurse asked when I was due and then she was like, "OH! WOW! Comin' right up!" which is funny because to me, three months seems far in the future still! I mean, it's like, I STILL don't feel pregnant some days. Finally showing a bit, looking more bump like, but no comments from strangers yet, no crazy waddling yet.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#129 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM

My night SUCKED a$$. sorry for the bad word. But it did. My flipping mind won't shut off! I'm going to look for that hylands calms forte....I can't keep having nights like that. I didn't sleep...I maybe ...MAYBE dozed a few times. I kept thinking about having a HB. We are switching over to a BC from my OB and I want a HB, but hubby is a little scared to. But we are going to talk to the MW next week and see what she has to say. So last night as I was half awake/half asleep...I kept thinking that I was in labor at home and what all I needed to do and how to deal with my pain. Ugh. And I couldn't take anything to help sleep bc I was supposed to get up this morning to go to my ob and chiro appts....however....mom called and asked if I was still leaving and planning on being out in this weather that is going to get BAD. So of course I said no....and went to sleep. Lol. So I think I got about 2 hours of non interrupted sleep. Woohoo! So DH told me tonight I'm taking a unisom.

Weirdest thing happened this morning...kinda funny. I went in to go potty, my bladder was FUUUUUUUL, and my bowels lol...as I was releasing them..I could literally feel my bladder emptying and my belly sliding down...hahahahah! They were that full! Omgeeee!

I'm hungry...all.the.time! I can't eat enough! But my belly is getting to the point that 'someone' is making it smaller than it should be and I can't get enough in it at one time.

I'm a ball of thoughts right now, sorry.
#130 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 01:00 PM

I needed Calms Forte a few times this week. They sell it at my local health food store and at my local Walmart. 

I really like it. It almost always works for me.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#131 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 PM

I REALLY want to have some nursing bras on hand before having the baby this time. It was so embarrassing and difficult having to go to the store just a few days post partum to try on bras. I hated it. But, I have no idea what size I should get! I remember thinking last time that I never would have been able to get a good bra without trying them on while I was filled with milk... i hesitate to order on line or even try on bras at a store with only my pregnancy boobies :/ Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish I'd saved a bra from last time (they were so worn down) or at least remembered the size I'd been :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

Quickly checking in to let you all know about 50% off certain bravado nursing bras: http://www.babysteals.com/

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#132 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Allical... so glad to hear the arythmia seems to be clearing up!  I have been thinking about you and sending youand your LO positive thoughts.

Joyfam-  Wow, you have a lot on your plate!  You and your husband must be amazing people to want to take on so much.  I hope the SW people see that and things work out well at your meeting... then I hope you go home and rest!  :)

Today has been a really great day for me.  First off it's really sunny and bright which is a nice change from the usual cloudy/ rainy around here.  We met with the midwife and the back up midwife this morning and it went really well.  I clicked well with the back up MW and we all had a lot of fun chatting away.  The MW couldn't feel a distinct head, just that the baby is on the right side (I don't think it's ever been on the left side!).  I got to tell the MW that I am planning to do a Doula training workshop at the beginning of April in preparation for attending midwifery school..   I've always felt a calling to midwifery, but wasn't able to pursue it in the past.  She remembered that from working with me when I had DD2 and was very excited for me and supportive.  I think she will allow me to come to a few births with her so I can get certified quickly. 

Next on the exciting day list... we finalized our date and venue for our wedding!  We have been hoping to do it at this place, but they wanted a pretty hefty deposit, which will take us a couple months to save up.  But today they agreed to reserve our date with no deposit and will be sending the contract out next week!!   WOO HOO!!!!  I am so excited!  And my bff from high school's husband owns a restaurant nearby and has agreed to be our caterer.  They will do it pretty much at cost, which will save us a lot of money and allow us to be more creative with the menu.  Now I can finally fill out and mail off all the Save The Dates I have been working so hard on! 

Here's a link to the venue's website if anyone wants to see...

http://www.campwarwick.com/MulderChapel.htm

And DP's Mom got us the carseat I had in the registry and it came in the mail today.

What a great day it is!!  And tomorrow is our birthday... it's going to be awesome!!

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#133 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

I REALLY want to have some nursing bras on hand before having the baby this time. It was so embarrassing and difficult having to go to the store just a few days post partum to try on bras. I hated it. But, I have no idea what size I should get! I remember thinking last time that I never would have been able to get a good bra without trying them on while I was filled with milk... i hesitate to order on line or even try on bras at a store with only my pregnancy boobies :/ Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish I'd saved a bra from last time (they were so worn down) or at least remembered the size I'd been :/

I am confused about nursing bra sizing as well.  I tried to read the bravado sizing recommendations and found them to be very confusing.  I just don't feel like I will get a good fit if I go now.  My boobs will be way bigger and the rest of me way smaller... so I don't know what get! 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#134 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM

OregonicMama--that looks like an amazing venue! Love the dress you linked to, as well. Congrats on making progress with your planning!

Jennifer--I'm totally sympathetic. Monday night it was like all the pent up anxiety/stuff on my mind just exploded. I didn't sleep until 6 a.m., then was wide awake again a couple hours later. Caught up on sleep Tuesday night, and then last night it hit me again! This time I fell asleep by four or so, so at least I got a few hours, even though I still woke up every two hours after that having dreams about not being able to breathe because my throat was all dry and closed up.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#135 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 04:17 PM

For the Bravado bras, go with your normal, prepg band size.  That part will be 'normal', it's the cup size that goes wacky.  The nice thing about those bras is the huge amount of give they have in them, each size accomodates 3+ cup sizes.

Nerdymom, your friend has no idea what 2 yo boys are like, obviously!  I had a girl first and all of my friends had boys, they were like night and day.  The boys were louder, rowdier, and played completely differently from how she did -- she used to stare at them like 'what are you ruffians doing?', it was hilarious.  Now I've had 2 boys and totally get it, they just aren't wired like that (mine at least!)

Joyfam, good luck with the meeting, that is a lot of stress!  It's really sad that they have to check out good families so carefully b/c of the bad that exists out there :(.

Apparently the belly has popped again, b/c all of a sudden I have gotten tons of comments -- I guess he is just more 'out there' than he was, I have been showing since 5/6 weeks this time!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#136 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I've gotten the comments left and right the past 2 days.  "oh just another month to go, right?" nope 3 more.  "3 months- oh my"  UGH!  oh well. 

Is it awful that I have NO idea what my pre preg bra size is?!?!  I wear a lot of sports bras in medium.  I lost weight the past year and went through a bunch of sizes.  I think its around a 36.  I really would like to order a nice nursing bra but am thinking maybe I should get sized.  idk.

Dierdre- that really is a very good day!  Congrats on everything and Happy birthday to you! 

I have to work 4 days in a row starting tomorrow.  12 hours shifts.  on a weekend, close to the full moon.  I think I'm in for some craziness.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#137 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 PM

I'm getting a lot of "almost there" comments too! I do have a huge belly this time but seriously it's kind of annoying to hear it all the time.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#138 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 07:01 PM

I get such a mixed bag of comments about the size of my belly that I don't know whether to think I'm huge or "normal." One person will tell me how small and cute my belly is and that I don't look 6months along at all, and the next two will tell me I'm huge and must be having twins. Or, like one person yesterday, when she found out I still have 3 months, she gestured to my belly and said 'well when you're on your third, there's lots of room for things to expand out there, huh.' Aye yi yi.

For nursing bras, what i do is buy a few cheapish bras from Target or wherever, something that fits me close to EDD time. Then when baby is about 5-6 weeks old, I go and buy some nicer ones that fit properly. That gives my boobs a chance to normalize after the hugeness of the first few weeks. For sizing, maternity stores like Motherhood/Destination Maternity or lactation consultants are both places you can go to be sized.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#139 of 234 Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM

I still have not gotten a single comment from a stranger about the belly, believe it or not. Maybe part of it is it's covered w/a winter coat half the time. But even people I know, when I mention I have three months to go, are like "What? You're so small!" Call me crazy, but I want a big belly--it would help it all feel more real, since this is my first (successful) pregnancy. I did finally get a couple okay belly shots I'll post tomorrow, though! It looks bigger in pictures than it does to me in person.

#140 of 234 Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 AM

i'm still getting the shocked "you're so small" comments. i'm glad that i'm not at all worried about this baby anymore or else the comments would be unnerving, as they were a couple of months ago when i wasn't feeling as many kicks. and somehow, the "you're so small" comments often come out sounding like "you're so inadequate" to me... i have to remind myself that they're probably just saying that to have something to say, or else in their personal experience being pregnant or knowing people, they're used to seeing bigger (or think they're used to seeing bigger). so, it doesn't bother me. but it occasionally takes some mental conditioning on my part.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#141 of 234 Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 AM

And I'm getting annoyed because total strangers are saying "6 months?? But your belly is so big!" I know my belly is big. I carry big and this is my fourth babe. Of course I'm going to carry big. But I don't want to be constantly reminded that I look like a cow. Bleh!

I've hit the "bottomless pit" phase. I'm hungry all the time. I'm eating well but I'm tired of being hungry all the time. I don't want to gain 60 lbs and I'm well on my way to that with 33 under my belt already. I'm trying but it's annoying. I hate being hungry and irritable!

#142 of 234 Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me, though I think I have a hint of that inadequacy defensiveness, too. My paranoia is that people will think I'm having a hysterical pregnancy or something.

Stacy-I can totally see how your experience would be annoying too! Maybe people just, you know, shouldn't comment on other people's bodies. But I know most of the time they mean well.

Quote:

i'm still getting the shocked "you're so small" comments. i'm glad that i'm not at all worried about this baby anymore or else the comments would be unnerving, as they were a couple of months ago when i wasn't feeling as many kicks. and somehow, the "you're so small" comments often come out sounding like "you're so inadequate" to me... i have to remind myself that they're probably just saying that to have something to say, or else in their personal experience being pregnant or knowing people, they're used to seeing bigger (or think they're used to seeing bigger). so, it doesn't bother me. but it occasionally takes some mental conditioning on my part.

#143 of 234 Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 AM

I wish my belly wasn't so large! It's starting to feel very heavy and I am getting the groin and hip pain real bad already. Every time I go from sitting to standing, I notice the heaviness. My ab muscles are absolutely wrecked though. With my first pregnancy I went from 120 to 200 pounds and a 25 inch waist to almost 50 inch "waist".

Even worse than the belly is the breasts! For some reason after losing all of the baby weight from my 3 year old, my breasts only went down about one cup size. I started this pregnancy a 34F and am up to a 38H. They have never been this large before even while breastfeeding. It's almost comical. The bad thing is that they are heavy and need a lot of support and I can't handle under wire bras any more, it's too uncomfortable. I did buy one wire free nursing bra and it really does not do much for me. I cringe to think what's going to happen my milk comes in. If any other super mega large boobed mamas have bra advice, please let me know.

Stayseeliz, I am eating like a horse now too. It seems to be worse in the evenings as I'll have dinner and then 5 other things right after! DH and I went out to dinner the other night and the waitress says "Oh! You're eating for two!" and moved the table away from the booth on my side. I was so embarrassed. I don't get why anyone thinks they have the right to tell anyone how big or small they look while pregnant. It almost makes me want to say "Hey! You look like you're eating for two but you're not pregnant!" ;)

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#144 of 234 Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 AM

I've been getting a lot of "oh, you're pregnant?" I have to say that makes me really mad (I have been huge since about 18 weeks), and I will say something like, "Do you think i'm normally this big?" or " Did you seriously not see this belly?" Maybe I'm being just as rude back...but COME ON!!

Yesterday was kid of a mixed bag...lol. Dead battery...late to all appts, terrible weather (30 min to go 4 miles, then 2 1/2 hours to get home from Akron - about 30 miles...), but my pulmonologist appt went very well, and get to cut down my doses of Pulmacort, and the meeting went well, too. Much, much better than I had been afraid of. Thank GOD, she didn't even bring up the m/c issue...and I called her bluff on a few things, which seemed to help her see that she had been misjudging on several issues. So...we'll see what happens with that. Thank you so much for all your support.

Ugh...I walked into DS bedroom this morning to get him up, and I was greeted with that distinct smell of...vomit. Poor Boy :( I just really, really hope I don't get it. All that throwing up and diarrhea can really aggravate contractions.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#145 of 234 Old 01-22-2011, 05:55 PM

My belly is huge and feeling super heavy. I can't believe how low I'm carrying this time. It's killing my back. Pregnancy is NOT glamorous! lol

DH made a healthy banana pudding tonight. I can't wait to eat some! I'm saving mine until the kids go to bed!

#146 of 234 Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Joyfam- Glad to hear your appts. went well! It breaks my heart to hear about families being put through the emotional wringer while trying to foster/adopt.  I totally understand the need for "thorough" investigations, but it seems like the people who are the most honest and sincere get the harshest treatment.  

Stacey- I wish this baby would drop a bit!( head down of course ;)  I am carrying so high it's ridiculous! I am constantly out of breath, have terrible heartburn, and because the baby bump is so compact (very basketball like), my belly sticks out really far and none of my shirts fit very well.  I carried DD much lower.  Everyone always told me that 2nd+ babies always sit low.  I guess this isn't the case for this bub! 

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#147 of 234 Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:

seems like its either 'you're too small or: you're too big' guess no one ever says oh wow, don't you have a normal looking belly, lol!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#148 of 234 Old 01-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyBabyBird View Post

Quote:

seems like its either 'you're too small or: you're too big' guess no one ever says oh wow, don't you have a normal looking belly, lol!

Yup.  The other day I got, "You are so small!  You do not look almost 7 months" AND "Wow!  You look ready to pop!" within about an hour of each other. ;)  I think people just want to say something.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#149 of 234 Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM

If this baby drops anymore she's coming out! I asked my OB why I was carrying so funny and he said by the 4th baby your uterus is just way stretched out. Nice! I guess I should be glad I'm not carrying too far up since I do remember that feeling of not being able to breathe but my back is still killing me. My shirts stick out really far too. It's funny because all my shirts are really big on top and stretched WAY out on the bottom. It looks funny to me!

Quote:

Stacey- I wish this baby would drop a bit!( head down of course ;)  I am carrying so high it's ridiculous! I am constantly out of breath, have terrible heartburn, and because the baby bump is so compact (very basketball like), my belly sticks out really far and none of my shirts fit very well.  I carried DD much lower.  Everyone always told me that 2nd+ babies always sit low.  I guess this isn't the case for this bub! 

#150 of 234 Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 PM

Oh.my.goodness.....just 9 more weeks until I'm 38 weeks. CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!! I could have a newborn in 2 months time. Starting to get a little miserable. MIL took DS sat to today, DD was with her dad...so we had sat all to ourselves and half of today. It was nice for a change, but weird. Lol we went to eat at one of our favorite home cooked restaurant, then to Bass pro shop....that place is HUGE! We walked around for about 30 minutes and out of nowhere I was in so much pain I could barely breath. I went to the bathroom, and then my back started to hurt really bad in one place. It was kinda hard to catch my breath. Itsmthe first time it's hurt this entire pg. Which is weird bc last pg it was KILLING me. But after sitting for about 30 min in the car ride to the next errand, I was feeling better. I think I just need to realize my limits and not do what I'm used to.

And I'm poo'ing like crazy! Lol I don't get stopped up when I'm pg...I go way more! Like 3 times a day. And they are all normal good ones! I feel lucky that I'm not always stopped up! Lol

Have a meeting with a MW this Wednesday. More than likely changing over to her care from an OB. And I'm excited to hear her talk to DH and get him comfortable with a HB. I just have NO CLUE how we are going to tell our mothers...especially MIL. She is seriously going to FLIP the F out! I SO want to call her when labor starts and see if she'd like to 'watch' the kids, then call her as I'm getting ready to push and say "it just happened so fast!" hahahahhaa oye.

Baby is MOVING like crazy! Are y'all having the feeling of baby holding a dental scraping tool against your cervix and convulsing?????? Oh my gosh it hurts SOO bad. So bad that it makes me jump and grab ahold of something and holding my breath. What is that???

DTD last night for the first time in 3 months....yes, I know I'm a horrible wife. Lol it hurt...well not 'hurt' but was uncomfortable and wasn't that enjoyable for me. I'm so swollen. I can't wait for my skinny self hot roll around sweaty sex.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page