1st official 2011 chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2011, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I'd start us off with a new thread. 

So what's new ladies.  I have officially joined the 3rd trimester club.  27 weeks yesterday.  Babe moves like crazy and I'm starting to be able to feel pokey little parts and not just fluttery movements.  I've officially transferred care to the birth center and will have my 1st appt there Wed. I am also meeting with my doula to get my hypno cd's on Tuesday.  Everything seems so real and I'm alternating between OMG I have to be pregnant for 3 more months to HOLY CRAP we'll have a baby in 3 months!!  Seems like the December girls are wrapping up their baby having and January is in full force.  I might have a little freak out when the February babies start birthing!!

I have a cold. blah. thought I'd gotten rid of it with the neti pot and tons of emergen-c but woke up all congested today.  Its not a bad cold, at least not yet so hopefully it won't get much worse.

tonight is my friends baby shower that I have been planning.  I'm excited and hoping I remembered everything.  I have to go out and get a couple more things.  Some little prizes for the games.  Not sure what to get.  Any ideas??  Other than that I think I am all set.  Excited to celebrate them and their much wanted/long awaited baby and excited that after this I will be able to focus all on my own babe. 

Tomorrow DH and I plan to start working on some organization in the office (soon to be baby room and in the garage). Hoing to make lots of good progress. We have lots of good planning/organizing threads on here.  hopefully I'll be able to add something productive to them this week!!

anyone else with any random chattiness for the week??

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 AM

27 weeks for me yesterday as well! That I've hit my third trimester is just dumbfounding. I've been languishing all of these months--I guess because I'm not a FTM, this pregnancy has been so been there done that, and all this fatigue and aching and puking seems non-sensical--and it hit me this morning, "January, February, March, BOOM. January, February, March…ohmigod suddenly I have no time!!!" Like the next three months have been reduced to a distance I could leap if I really wanted to. And, of course, the phrase "third trimester" just makes this pregnancy that much more real and the impending labor even more real. My husband and I went over his work schedule last night, and for the first time I really feel his time with us growing shorter (he's due to deploy soon). He's got Field Training Exercises once a month until deployment (where he's gone for a weekend or up to a week), and one at the tail end of March, and now I'm just shaking my head…"What if they have him playing soldier in the woods and my water breaks?" And so on. Everything that we have to do to prepare for deployment, and everything we have to do to prepare for a new baby, is suddenly urgent, despite our diligence. I'm also starting to really worry and wonder about integrating a baby into my and my son's life. And I'm going to have to answer the question soon about whether or not I will be cloth diapering.

We're also converting our office/spare bedroom into our "nursery" today! I have no plans to make it extravagant--no decor or painting, ie--but we do need to clean the carpet and get the file box and his gear that is taking over the room in order. It's kind of sad, but after I tear off all the stickers on the walls and carpet that my 2 yo has placed there--eyesroll.gif--and scrub the marker and food out of the carpet, the only thing we will have in that room is empty space. We don't really have anything yet, though I know we don't need much. We plan on getting some sort of dresser, some basic curtains, and a diaper stacker…but she'll be sleeping with us, so there will be no definite piece, like a crib, to punctuate the room with her presence. So I'm just counting down the days to W-2s so I can get this baby prepped for and spin my way into April, which is feeling like the month I jump off a cliff!

Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the new thread StarCat. I've thought about making one but decided against it. And congrats to both of you on the 3rd trimester! Wow.

So, I am not the only one holding my breath waiting for W-2s! I am so exited about our tax return (should be a nice one!) because we are going on a major shopping spree as soon as it hits our account. I'm talking, king size bed, linens, pillows, full diaper stash, mama cloth, nursing nightgowns, Didymos wrap. I am sososososososososososo excited about the bed I can barely stand it. The 3 of us are in a full right now, though about 1/2 the night DS will sleep in a twin at the foot of the bed. We are big people, ok. It is increasingly hard to sleep.

We are doing the opposite of you two, we just switched DS's room, which wasn't being used at all except to store things, into an office/sewing room. Both kids will be in our room, and all the toys are in the living room. It is actually working really well for us, we love the new arrangement. We feel like there is so much more space! Since we've decided not to move again until our next duty station, we really need to maximize our current living space. Next time we have a pretty good chance of ending up on base, so I'm hoping for at least 1200 sq feet. I've never lived on base before.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
Old 01-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Nothing too exciting over here.  I am 26+1 weeks today; the days are slow, but the weeks seem to be flying by.  It has been a pretty easy pregnancy so far besides feeling crazy large this time around.  The only "issue" we've had come up is that our MW noticed a pretty pronounced fetal heart arrythmia a few weeks ago.  This wasn't noticed at our 20 week anatomy scan, so we had another u/s today to check it out.  There doesn't appear to be any structural issue with the heart, and apparently this isn't too uncommon and the vast majority of the time it clears on its own before or shortly after birth.

I can't find anything in my research that indicates a need for us to abandon our homebirth plans, but we plan to bring the baby in to the ped sooner after birth than we would have otherwise if the arrythmia hasn't resolved itself by then.  I'm really hoping it goes away before I go into labor, so that we don't have to worry about it at all!!

Nerdymom, I totally understand you're excitement for a bigger bed!! We recently dropped our king-sized bed to the floor and seamed it to another mattress (XL twin).  We now have a mega-bed that can handle myself, DH, DD, and the new baby :D

Lol @ StarCat! I literally have this same thought every.single.day!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
 Everything seems so real and I'm alternating between OMG I have to be pregnant for 3 more months to HOLY CRAP we'll have a baby in 3 months!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 PM

nerdymom-The thought of sleeping with two other people in a full bed just makes me crazy!! You will love your king! We bought ours when I was pg with my 3yo and we LOVE it! Just make sure not to buy linens until you buy your bed. King beds are sometimes hard to fit.

I'm doing well. 26w1d today. I have my next appt on Friday and do my 1 hour glucose test then. I'm hoping my bp stays down and I can stay away from bedrest. I'm torn between wanting the next months to go by fast and taking my time and enjoying getting things done, etc. I know life is going to change drastically when the baby gets here so I'm trying to be patient but I'll enjoy not being pregnant anymore.

I've been cleaning like crazy and cleaning out closets. We have to start thinking about buying a new dresser and where everything is going to go. I want stuff cleaned out first though. I'm also trying to hit school ahrd with the kids and I'd love to catch up on my scrapbooking.

DH bought me a massage for my bday so I'm super excited about going in for that this week. I'm carrying so low that my lower back is killing me! I'm really looking forward to it!

Congrats to those in the 3rd trimester. I'll hit that next Saturday!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm in that 'have tons to say and do, but am too tired to do either' mode. Lol

It's snowing here in tx...oddity for us. I'm glad I live in tx so I don't have to deal with snow and sleet like this but maybe once a year. Lol but it is pretty. Wish we had firewood...but keep forgetting to get it when I go over to mom and dads.

So....I'm seeing an OB right now...and soon to change to a MW. ButI had my glucose test the other day and she asked me what my plans were for birth control.... "uh, I dunno....I'm just trying to get through this pg" duh. She said "well we don't like seeing our mama's pg until after a year" good gravy lady!! I just said I'm trying to get through THIS one!! Get off my case!! Lol

Got a cold that turned into a sinus infection around dec 18...started to feel much better until yesterday. Ugh. Nose is stuffy/runny again and having drainage and coughing again. I think I'm going to my GP this time....have him really treat me.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:23 PM

I hit the 27 week mark today!  DH is on a business trip part of next week so I'm on my own with the kids & not looking forward to it.  Seriously, I don't know how you single parents and those with partners in the armed forces do it!

We've hired our doula and I'm beginning to figure out what I need for homebirth supplies.  DH decided to move all the boxes from his office into our bedroom so I need to get rid of them before we can bring the bassinet from my mom's place.  I'm planning on systematically going through every nook and cranny in our place and organizing it all over the next couple of months.

DH is resistant to getting a new vehicle but we simply cannot fit 3 car seats in the back of our car.  It's too small.  My MIL is coming next weekend so I think she and I can wear him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

Nothing too exciting over here.  I am 26+1 weeks today; the days are slow, but the weeks seem to be flying by.  It has been a pretty easy pregnancy so far besides feeling crazy large this time around.  The only "issue" we've had come up is that our MW noticed a pretty pronounced fetal heart arrythmia a few weeks ago.  This wasn't noticed at our 20 week anatomy scan, so we had another u/s today to check it out.  There doesn't appear to be any structural issue with the heart, and apparently this isn't too uncommon and the vast majority of the time it clears on its own before or shortly after birth.

I can't find anything in my research that indicates a need for us to abandon our homebirth plans, but we plan to bring the baby in to the ped sooner after birth than we would have otherwise if the arrythmia hasn't resolved itself by then.  I'm really hoping it goes away before I go into labor, so that we don't have to worry about it at all!!

allical1284 - When we were in at the cardiologist for a fetal echocardiogram with this baby (we've heart issues in the family) she showed signs of arrythmia.  The cardiologist noted it and promptly dismissed it because it is so common but does disappear around birth.  We're still able to have a MW and HB so hopefully you'll be able to too!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:43 PM

jenniferadurham:  my doc asks me that too, but has more of the attitude of asking now rather than at the 6 week post partum appointment.  Some women want to put an IUD or Implanon in at that time and around here insurances need to pre-authorize those procedures because of the expense.  Besides, if you have questions about what you might want to do, you would have time to research, ask questions, obtain opinions and not be trying to enjoy the newborn period.

I haven't figured out what we are doing yet.  I got pg while breastfeeding #4 (at 11 months pp)  without having a period so after having #5, I opted for a paraguard IUD.  I didn't want to get pg too soon as my milk supply tanked once I got pg.  It seems like the mini-pill causes a slip in supply as well.  My periods seemed much heavier with the IUD in, but since I hadn't had a period in over 3 years, it might have just been the shock of having one again.  My insurance doesn't pay for tubal ligations (or any birth control actually).  My dh won't get a vas.  I'm leaning towards getting my tubes tied in the office because it would be cheaper than having it done in the hospital.  I just need to decide if that is the route to go.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM

We're trying to figure out what to do about birth control after this too. I think I'm done this time so I might just get my tubes tied. I want to make sure it won't cause problems down the road though since I already have PCOS.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
  Everything seems so real and I'm alternating between OMG I have to be pregnant for 3 more months to HOLY CRAP we'll have a baby in 3 months!!  Seems like the December girls are wrapping up their baby having and January is in full force.  I might have a little freak out when the February babies start birthing!!

yeahthat.gif Every time I tell someone that I'm due late March-ish, they give me oogly eyes though (the "You're huge, there's no way you're gonna last that long look"). That's ok, I have a good feeling these boys are hanging out and will wait till 38-39 weeks before deciding it's time.  I can't believe we're in the home stretch!!!  27+2 today and have been feeling really energetic lately.

DH and I FINALLY cleaned out the guest bedroom. The crib has been put together for a couple of months, but since I was using the room as Santa's workshop it was a royal mess. We spent all day today cleaning it, vacuuming, and I organized all the clothes in size order (then felt stupid cuz I realized they weren't washed!) But at least it's done. Having a painting party next weekend and then I can start decorating. We did all this for DS1, and I'd feel bad if these two didn't get as nice of a nursery, even though we only used it as a playroom, and are planning on co-sleeping again. Like a few of you ladies, I only have a crib and a dresser and that's it- it's a lot of empty space. I really don't need a diaper changing table, and can't really think of any piece of furniture I really need (though I'd like one of those recliner glider things). I have a nice playpen that I'm going to keep in the living room, and it has a changing table thingy, which is what I used for DS, or I can just use the bed. Personally, I like empty space - more room to play, especially when there's 2 :D

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week!!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

Nerdymom, I totally understand you're excitement for a bigger bed!! We recently dropped our king-sized bed to the floor and seamed it to another mattress (XL twin).  We now have a mega-bed that can handle myself, DH, DD, and the new baby :D

Lol @ StarCat! I literally have this same thought every.single.day!! 

Quote:
 Everything seems so real and I'm alternating between OMG I have to be pregnant for 3 more months to HOLY CRAP we'll have a baby in 3 months!!

Wow!!! Sounds amazing! So roomy. We have our mattress on the floor and a twin lined up at the foot of it for DS, and we are working on getting him to sleep there. He sleeps there about 60% of the time now, I'm hoping by the time the baby comes he will be sleeping in the big bed only for naps. DH or I lay with him til he falls asleep and I've been resettling him as needed throughout the night. He seems content with just being nearby, as the past two night I have only had to resettle him twice! yay!!

There are two other pg women in my church right now and all 3 of us have had some sort of "abnormal" initial something or other that has turned out to be absolutely nothing. Sometimes I think doctors are just trying to keep us worried so that we think we actually need them. :/ I hope your baby's arrhythmia sorts itself out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

nerdymom-The thought of sleeping with two other people in a full bed just makes me crazy!! You will love your king! We bought ours when I was pg with my 3yo and we LOVE it! Just make sure not to buy linens until you buy your bed. King beds are sometimes hard to fit.

I'm doing well. 26w1d today. I have my next appt on Friday and do my 1 hour glucose test then. I'm hoping my bp stays down and I can stay away from bedrest. I'm torn between wanting the next months to go by fast and taking my time and enjoying getting things done, etc. I know life is going to change drastically when the baby gets here so I'm trying to be patient but I'll enjoy not being pregnant anymore.

I've been cleaning like crazy and cleaning out closets. We have to start thinking about buying a new dresser and where everything is going to go. I want stuff cleaned out first though. I'm also trying to hit school ahrd with the kids and I'd love to catch up on my scrapbooking.

DH bought me a massage for my bday so I'm super excited about going in for that this week. I'm carrying so low that my lower back is killing me! I'm really looking forward to it!

Congrats to those in the 3rd trimester. I'll hit that next Saturday!

thanks for the tip about linens. I was thinking about checking Kohls for a sale but now I will just wait. They are probably cheaper at Ikea anyway, and that is where we are buying our bed. Enjoy your massage! I'd love one of those. I've never had one but I hear they are wonderful especially during pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post

I'm in that 'have tons to say and do, but am too tired to do either' mode. Lol

It's snowing here in tx...oddity for us. I'm glad I live in tx so I don't have to deal with snow and sleet like this but maybe once a year. Lol but it is pretty. Wish we had firewood...but keep forgetting to get it when I go over to mom and dads.

So....I'm seeing an OB right now...and soon to change to a MW. ButI had my glucose test the other day and she asked me what my plans were for birth control.... "uh, I dunno....I'm just trying to get through this pg" duh. She said "well we don't like seeing our mama's pg until after a year" good gravy lady!! I just said I'm trying to get through THIS one!! Get off my case!! Lol

Got a cold that turned into a sinus infection around dec 18...started to feel much better until yesterday. Ugh. Nose is stuffy/runny again and having drainage and coughing again. I think I'm going to my GP this time....have him really treat me.

I'm waiting for the BC talk myself. The Army hospital gave me this spiral-bound pregnancy guide. It is nice because it details their standards of care from your first prenatal to your 6 week pp visit. In each prenatal visit prep section it encourages you to consider bfing, and to think about contraceptives  for post-partum. So far the staff hasn't mentioned it but I don't imagine they will be thrilled when I say I'm planning to use a combination of FA and bfing. of course it worked for us last time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymama View Post

I hit the 27 week mark today!  DH is on a business trip part of next week so I'm on my own with the kids & not looking forward to it.  Seriously, I don't know how you single parents and those with partners in the armed forces do it!

We've hired our doula and I'm beginning to figure out what I need for homebirth supplies.  DH decided to move all the boxes from his office into our bedroom so I need to get rid of them before we can bring the bassinet from my mom's place.  I'm planning on systematically going through every nook and cranny in our place and organizing it all over the next couple of months.

DH is resistant to getting a new vehicle but we simply cannot fit 3 car seats in the back of our car.  It's too small.  My MIL is coming next weekend so I think she and I can wear him down.

allical1284 - When we were in at the cardiologist for a fetal echocardiogram with this baby (we've heart issues in the family) she showed signs of arrythmia.  The cardiologist noted it and promptly dismissed it because it is so common but does disappear around birth.  We're still able to have a MW and HB so hopefully you'll be able to too!

Yeah, not too many cars can fit 3 carseats safely in the back. Although I hear the new Honda Odyssey can fit 5 toddler car seats with LATCH. We've talked about getting one in a year or two. Our Matrix is great but we're not going to be able to go camping this year, with the baby's seat we won't have enough room for all our gear.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
Old 01-09-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

O.M.G I have a horrilble cold. I"ve been on the couch all day. my nose is itchy and runny, my head aches.  feel like crap! ugh.  luckily dh cooked dinner, finished off a load of laundry and is bathing the girls.  They finally go back to school tomorrow after winter break.  Baby shower is over and went well but I didn't get anything done today around the house because I feel crappy.  I work tomorrow and hopefully will feel better after resting all day today. Then tues, wed, thurs. I WILL get something accomplished in this house.  I just HAVE to. 

I haven't even thought about birth control.  I had a mirena after dd2.  i didn't mind it except I thought it was making me not lose weight but I don't think that was actually the issue,  I don't think my insurance covers birth control either.  If it does I'll do the Mirena.  I like the no period.  Its worth it to me.  But I'm not going to spend $500 out of pocket on a Mirena when we could put it toward a more permanent method.  I don't know if I would do a tubal since its a more involved procedure than a vas.  I might research doing essure.  Thanks for the reminder.  something we definitely need to start talking about since this is definitely the end of the line for baby making in our household.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:03 PM

Congrats to the 3rd tri folks! I can't believe we're that far already!! Seems like just yesterday we were all green about the gills.

I think I'm 25 weeks...? I've completely lost track. I'll have to notice next time a babycenter weekly update comes into my inbox, that's the only way I'm keeping track of the weeks lol Baby's moving really well, she's a real dancer in there. Most of the movement is way down low though, thanks to the anterior placenta. This morning in bed, though, she was stretching or something, I had a kick at the bottom of the uterus and one at the top on the opposite corner. She did that several times in a row.

I'm feeling completely huge, too. I've had a couple people remark that I MUST be having twins :P  I took a belly pic the other day, I just have to post it. It helps that the nurses at my mom's hospital are all fawning all over my belly... that helps me feel less whale-like. LOL

So far I'm doing no prep for the baby, although i've been thinking about what needs done. My sister, 5 weeks behind me, just found out she's having a boy, so I'm going to clear out a TON of our boy clothes to her, which will help make room in our basement. I want to clear space in our (very tiny tiny office) so we can put a pack n play for naps, once baby no longer does the newborn sleep-all-the-time thing, so I need the basement space for that stuff.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Hey girls!

26 weeks, 1 d here stayseeliz, do we have the same due date? I keep losing track, then googling it to remind myself!

I'm feeling quite large- my belly feels 'well developed' for my dates, and I measured myself today and I'm measuring over 29cm's, so that's why!

We're doing some renovations too- my dh is home for ahwile- he's a contractor and it's the off-season, so we bought a dishwasher and re-did the kitchen a bit.  I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along, even if the dishwasher I bought doesn't work! It has a faulty control panel... I haven't been able to use it yet!

We also JUST bought a kingsized bed yesterday! It's our 2nd night in it- LOVING it so far!

Lastly- birth control is a mystery at this point too. I really would rather not do hormonal- but I've gotten pregnant 2x while breastfeeding, the last time I had 1 period, and both times I wasn't 'supposed' to be able to get pregnant- we were doing NFP/charting and my cycles shouldn't have been able to support a pregnancy, either time.  The last time I ovulated weeks before I normally would have...

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:

O.M.G I have a horrilble cold. I"ve been on the couch all day. my nose is itchy and runny, my head aches.  feel like crap! ugh.  luckily dh cooked dinner, finished off a load of laundry and is bathing the girls.  They finally go back to school tomorrow after winter break.  Baby shower is over and went well but I didn't get anything done today around the house because I feel crappy.  I work tomorrow and hopefully will feel better after resting all day today. Then tues, wed, thurs. I WILL get something accomplished in this house.  I just HAVE to. 

I haven't even thought about birth control.  I had a mirena after dd2.  i didn't mind it except I thought it was making me not lose weight but I don't think that was actually the issue,  I don't think my insurance covers birth control either.  If it does I'll do the Mirena.  I like the no period.  Its worth it to me.  But I'm not going to spend $500 out of pocket on a Mirena when we could put it toward a more permanent method.  I don't know if I would do a tubal since its a more involved procedure than a vas.  I might research doing essure.  Thanks for the reminder.  something we definitely need to start talking about since this is definitely the end of the line for baby making in our household.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you get some energy back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

Congrats to the 3rd tri folks! I can't believe we're that far already!! Seems like just yesterday we were all green about the gills.

I think I'm 25 weeks...? I've completely lost track. I'll have to notice next time a babycenter weekly update comes into my inbox, that's the only way I'm keeping track of the weeks lol Baby's moving really well, she's a real dancer in there. Most of the movement is way down low though, thanks to the anterior placenta. This morning in bed, though, she was stretching or something, I had a kick at the bottom of the uterus and one at the top on the opposite corner. She did that several times in a row.

I'm feeling completely huge, too. I've had a couple people remark that I MUST be having twins :P  I took a belly pic the other day, I just have to post it. It helps that the nurses at my mom's hospital are all fawning all over my belly... that helps me feel less whale-like. LOL

So far I'm doing no prep for the baby, although i've been thinking about what needs done. My sister, 5 weeks behind me, just found out she's having a boy, so I'm going to clear out a TON of our boy clothes to her, which will help make room in our basement. I want to clear space in our (very tiny tiny office) so we can put a pack n play for naps, once baby no longer does the newborn sleep-all-the-time thing, so I need the basement space for that stuff.

Glad you are feeling more movements! I actually marked my weeks on the calendar just so I could keep track. The babycenter emails also help, lol! I went to church today and got a lot of "wow! You are getting so big!" comments. But at least I know they are well intentioned and it doesn't bother me. Yet. Although there is one woman at church who is due the day before me, with her 5th child, and her belly is teeny. I keep having to remind myself that she is also a small woman and the last time we had babies around the same time, hers was 4lbs smaller than Jack. lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Hey girls!

26 weeks, 1 d here stayseeliz, do we have the same due date? I keep losing track, then googling it to remind myself!

I'm feeling quite large- my belly feels 'well developed' for my dates, and I measured myself today and I'm measuring over 29cm's, so that's why!

We're doing some renovations too- my dh is home for ahwile- he's a contractor and it's the off-season, so we bought a dishwasher and re-did the kitchen a bit.  I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along, even if the dishwasher I bought doesn't work! It has a faulty control panel... I haven't been able to use it yet!

We also JUST bought a kingsized bed yesterday! It's our 2nd night in it- LOVING it so far!

Lastly- birth control is a mystery at this point too. I really would rather not do hormonal- but I've gotten pregnant 2x while breastfeeding, the last time I had 1 period, and both times I wasn't 'supposed' to be able to get pregnant- we were doing NFP/charting and my cycles shouldn't have been able to support a pregnancy, either time.  The last time I ovulated weeks before I normally would have...

Enjoy your king sized bed. :drool: I'm estimating I have to wait another four weeks for mine. Just 30 days or so... :)

Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM

I've been looking at Etsy for inspiration and I enjoy it so much. I get all sorts of ideas and it gets my creative juices going so that I can look at my fabric stash and crank out what I want/need. But now, my crazy brain is telling me to open my own Etsy store and cash in on my creative impulses. Part of me is sorely tempted. I see this selling for $75 and I think I could make something that cute, and way more practical. I mean, don't we all probably get way too many bibs at a shower? What about some workhorse items, like burp clothes that are 100% cotton and absorb a ton, some really cute washable nursing pads, a jar of NORA tea with an infuser, etc etc? This is my standard baby shower gift and I have had more than one recipient thank me, months later, because she still uses that stuff all the time.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 AM

i'm really waiting for the 3 months thing to hit me still, i think. i told myself i was waiting for after the holidays to really focus on the baby, but i've been spending all my free time reading harry potter :) on the last book now, so maybe there's hope for me. but then again, i've got other novels queued up, so... so much to do still! mostly not even baby prep so much as home birth prep. and i need to start thinking about the garden and getting my seeds ready to go in the basement. who knows if i'll be able to even keep up with a garden. i was giving it all away during the morning sickness period, we barely at out of our garden at all this last fall.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Well, I'll be 26 weeks on Wednesday, I believe.  It's funny how with this pregnancy I'm having trouble remembering things such as weeks and days.  I still can't believe that it's already 2011 and the year we will become a family of 5!  That just seems unbelievable!

Nerdymom - We made the leap to a king size bed a little over a year ago.  Best. Decision. Ever.  Even though my ODS sleeps in his bed for the night, he still climbs in bed with us every morning and it's so much easier to have 4 people in a king size bed than a queen size bed.  I don't know how you've managed with a full!  You're amazing!

About birth control.  I've no idea.  After #1 I had the Mirena put in.  Never again.  I was one of the 2% that never stop bleeding.  It was a nightmare and I have never been so glad when we decided to TTC and I could take it out.  After #2 I went on the mini pill... Well, at 14 months PP i apparently missed one pill and that was the month that my body ovulated so I ended up pregnant.  What a surprise LOL.  We thought we'd be done after #3 and DH would get the vas, but DH has been making little comments lately about how if we have a number 4 my body might just fall apart.  So, IDK what we'll do, but part of me says I would like one more. 

The aches and pains this pregnancy have been numerous.  I need to go back to the chiropractor and acupuncturist to work on my left hip.  I'm not sure if it's sciatica or just something else, but it hurts to walk.  I had some back problems, but at least the chiropractor was able to take care of those for me.  I have also gained a bit more weight this pregnancy and so I think that's affecting how I'm feeling because I'm already carrying around more weight. 

Allical1284 - My 20 month old had the same thing.  His actually did not correct itself before birth, but he's completely healthy and fine.  His is actually the result of a very tiny hole in his heart that was undetectable while I was pregnant.  It'll most likely close up by the time he is 7 years old.  The only requirement is that we see a pediatric cardiologist once a year to monitor it, but other than that there is no concern.  So, even if it doesn't correct itself, if they're not seeing anything wrong with the structure of the heart then I wouldn't worry too much about it and would still opt for a homebirth, myself. 

Ashlie, mom to two little men and happily expecting my first homebirth baby in April 2011!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Sorry not to post personals but I just got back from my MW. I am frustrated because she told me I gained too much weight. 6lbs in 4 weeks. That puts my total weight gain at 14lbs. I know I started off a little overweight but we eat well. We loosely follow the traditional foods diet. We don't do refined sugars or flours (except at Christmas) and we do full fat dairy. She gave me a big talking to about my milk consumption and told me I ought to switch to non-fat milk. NONFAT. THAT THIN, DISGUSTING BLUE MILK. No thanks...I'd rather drink vinegar. I am putting away almost a pint a day...I could probably cut back. But really. I crave milk. Is that so horrible, would she rather I crave ho-hos or ice cream? I've struggled with eating disorders in the past and the stress of monthly weigh ins is getting to me. :cry:

Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM

awe, you and I are gaining at the same rate nerdymom. maybe we didn't start at the same place, but i am personally not concerned about my gain in the least. it probably helps that my mw has a "weigh in optional" policy. i think the mw's have varying degrees of laid-backness about weight gain. be gentle on yourself, eating healthy is far more important than numbers on a scale. <3

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM

I read all the posts but doing personals right now just seems taxing.  It looks like all is well (for the most part) And many of you have hit the 3rd trimester. I hope all continues to go well for each of you!!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM

hug2.gif  Nerdymom-  I can't believe your MW is giving you a hard time about 16 lbs.  My midwife was asking if I've gained 15 lbs yet at both our last meetings (at 4 months and at 5 months).  I finally remembered to weigh myself at the store the other day (I don't have a scale and neither does she!) and I am just at the 15 lb mark.  I am thin looking when not pregnant, but I am "dense" and usually weigh close to 160.  According to all my books (and I have a LOT of them!) we are right on target.  I gained 35-ish with both of my other pregnancies, and I don't really see myself gaining 20 more lbs in the next 3 months, but I guess I probably will.  I have good friends who gained 75 lbs during their pregnancies and our midwife was ok with it.  She should give you a break!  Your weight gain sounds very healthy.

Birth control... not my cup of tea.  We did NFP after DD1, it worked for 2 yrs, then we went away for a month and a half and I forgot the calendar.  After DD2 I had an IUD put in.  Never again.  The IUD was horrible.  It made my periods super heavy, I bled when I ovulated, and was in pain all the time.  Then I went on the pill after dd2 stopped nursing, but that was not good for me either.  I've been talking to DP about having "the snip snip" and he is open to it.  A lot of our male friends and both our fathers had it done so I'm hoping he will really do it.  I don't think I should have to go through a tubal when he can have something way less serious done.  I'm just not sure when he should do it b/c he'll be out of commision for a while and I rely on his help a lot with the kids, etc.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM

Most guys are only out of commission for a weekend. 

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Well, that is eye opening news Mclisa!!  Thank you!  The guys I know must be big babies because I've been hearing a week or two around here.  I guess they just got attached to the frozen peas and movies in bed (and being waited on is nice too I'm sure). 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 PM

Im 27 weeks today, returned from europe with out my DP, then came to NC for the holidays...waiting for DP to return home to Mexico/our home before I return from NC. Do not want to be alone in MX during this time. I have begun to compile a list of things that i want or need for baby. Odered the book Ten Moons, and really interested in a Lotus Birth. Still not sure where I will deliver, we may end up back in Europe for the birth. I know my time for flying is running out....but everything is so up in the air. I have a glucose screen I need to do soon. Kind of putting that off....the midwife is ok with that though.I have been looking for a herbal bath mix, possibly buying all new cloth for this baby. Considering i would have to strip the old cloth by boiling them since we dont have hot water to the washer. Boiling all day does not seem like fun to me at this point. But maybe once I get back home to Mexico i will feel more like it. I like Aiden and anais blankets....have those on my wish list.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

Sorry not to post personals but I just got back from my MW. I am frustrated because she told me I gained too much weight. 6lbs in 4 weeks. That puts my total weight gain at 14lbs. I know I started off a little overweight but we eat well. We loosely follow the traditional foods diet. We don't do refined sugars or flours (except at Christmas) and we do full fat dairy. She gave me a big talking to about my milk consumption and told me I ought to switch to non-fat milk. NONFAT. THAT THIN, DISGUSTING BLUE MILK. No thanks...I'd rather drink vinegar. I am putting away almost a pint a day...I could probably cut back. But really. I crave milk. Is that so horrible, would she rather I crave ho-hos or ice cream? I've struggled with eating disorders in the past and the stress of monthly weigh ins is getting to me. :cry:

Nerdymom! I feel for you. I've been obsessed with my weight most of my life. I have refused to find out my weight, although I've been weighing at the MW office. I'm switching to another MW practice tomorrow where I'll ask them not to weigh me at all. Feel empowered to do the same. When I dropped the "history of eating disorders" on my previous MW, it really raised the red flag. It is healthier for me to gain a few too many pounds than to "diet" during my pregnancy. For people like me, there is no in-between.

Mom of DS born 4/1/11. Wife and Middle-school teacher. Expecting Di/Di boy twins in June, 2012.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Nerdymom, your diet sounds great and I can't think of much that's better for you and your baby!  I would *not* worry about the weight gain.  Fortunately, my MW is very relaxed about the weight gain too.  I always gain a good amount, it's just what my body wants to do.  I eat well also and avoid grains and sugars and eat plenty of fat.  I am very healthy.  I have to say that I will be glad to be done and lose some of this weight though!

We *just* got our new, king-sized mattress yesterday.  Wow--I LOVE it.  Our 3yo sleeps with us, and it was a snug fit with the queen even.  I couldn't imagine adding in the new baby, but now--there is SO much room!  It's a wool mattress with a natural foundation.  I have wanted a natural/organic bed for years and I am in heaven!!  The next thing to figure out is a dresser...but that may have to wait a while.

I'm 27 weeks and feeling huge.  When I think of 3 more months, it seems like I can't possibly get bigger for all that time!  But I am sure I will.  I am starting to really not want to bend over to pick things up, or to get down on the floor.

Birth control, I just hate this subject :(  We have 6 children already and I just turned 40 and my husband is 57.  I just feel like this is/should be our last, but I don't want to get my tubes tied and I don't particularly want my husband to get the V--but he probably will end up doing that.

I'm trying to decide if I want to have the baby here at home (my midwife is about 5 hours away and would come and stay several days around my due date if needed) or if I want to go down to my mom's (she's about 40 mins. from the midwife and very near to emergency services where we are not).  I don't want to go to my mom's--I'm just worried.....

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. Her concern probably stems from the fact that I started out slightly overweight. Not very overweight, I am a size 12/14, but enough extra that they decided I should only gain 15-20lbs. But I am not convinced that is healthy for my baby, or for me. DS was 10lbs and let me tell you, he was *not* chubby.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM

I posted a long post earlier today but it looks like it disappeared?  I don't remember what all I was whining about...

Everyone in my house is sick with a cold.  Blech.

I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow and I'm starting to freak out because I totally feel like I'm stuck in limbo.  I don't yet know where I'll be giving birth, so I don't feel like I can get prepared emotionally since I don't know what type of birth this will be.  I also can't get the baby's room all settled so my house feels unprepared too.  I want to put a mattress in there so I can sleep in there with the baby.  Right now I sleep next door with DD, and I want to transition to that room now so DD can get used to it before her brother gets here.  (Plus, I could get better sleep without her little feet in my ribs every night.)  We keep waiting on the mattress because BIL might be giving us one, but I don't know for sure if or when and it's making me crazy. 

I also wanted to throw out there for anyone considering tubal ligation that there's a new procedure called Essure.  My friend had it done and was happy with it.  She had it done in her doctor's office as an outpatient procedure with local anesthetic, and it was fine.  Basically, they just plug up the tubes with permanent plugs.  I haven't really researched it since I have no intention of getting it done, at least any time in the near future, but it definitely sounds less invasive than the tubal ligation.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

your midwife is CRAZY!!!  and MEAN! tell her I said so.  I've gained 30 lbs SO FAR!!  By far more than I wanted to.  I was hoping to keep it at about 40 total.  maybe there is still a chance but doubt it.  you know what the problem is.  I LOVE  TO EAT!  I also work out a ton yet become sloth like when I am pregnant.  It happened with the girls- it happened this time.  I'm not diabetic, I just went from training for triathlons and marathons to do doing practically nothing.  No one has said anything to me.  I have my first appointment with the birth center midwife Wed and am tempted to ask if I can not weigh because it just upsets me.  I'm so mad for you.  14lbs.  that would be a dream for me!!  now- excuse me while I go eat a piece of cake and have a glass of milk. 

User Tag List