TODAY IS THE DAY! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That I will start working on the baby room.  I have been putting it off long enough.  It is a mess and it is much easier to keep the door closed and continue to ignore it but it is looming over me,  I know its there.  Once I start-  I will feel better. 

I will post here at the end of the day and let you know how much I accomplished. 

Someone join me.  Anything you have been putting off??  dreading doing??  Start working on it today and feel accomplished. You don't have to finish it. Just start it.  We'll feel so much better once we do. I think.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#2 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM

Good for you!  Keep us posted on your progress! 

If the windchill wasn't running in the negatives I would be running to Target for some cute baskets so I could get some clothes organized.  I will have to wait until next week when I can run there over my lunch hour.

I could use this as an opportunity to clean out my son's room who has some extra clothes stacked in there.  Hopefully you will motivate me to do that!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#3 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 07:09 AM

today is the day i stop being indecisive on what i need for the baby/need to do. I am making a list, sticking with it and will not keep changing my mind on things. LOL, easier said than done, but it is done, maybe it will cost a little more money, but if i keep looking around online at things i am going to lose it, lol!

So here is my list:

maya wrap

graco snugride

sunbaby diapers w/o the inserts once the new prints are available

8 thirsties small hemp inserts

2 snappi's

1 changing table for under 75$ with wheels (currently searching on craigslist)

1 baby crib for under 150$

will call about the breastpump/insurance today, if insurance does not cover, then get an ameda purely yours

That is it, no more more searching and wasting time reviewing every little detail online

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#4 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 AM

Good for you, ladies, for getting started! We haven't even decided which room we'll use for the baby, let alone started setting things up. We don't have an extra room, so baby's dresser and toys will have to have a corner in either the living room or office (crib will be in our bedroom). 

I did get a bunch of baby clothes and blankets at our baby shower (very early, I know, but I only see my family once a year, so it had to be then), so now I am sorting through them. Or rather, I am holding up one piece after the next wondering how the heck anyone can possibly be that small. :-)

#5 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Ok..here's mine:

-Cleaned off(threw away trash, picked up cups, and wiped off) kitchen island
-did the same to the kitchen desk(the catch all pretty much lol nitch built into the wall)
-cleaned off master bathroom vanity(threw away trash, organized, and went through and put up stuff that was in a bag I used for a friends wedding on NYE)
-did some wash(need to put in dryer, but I'm here and it's way over there...) lol
-have two loads of clothes to fold and out away...but I'm resting rig Noe bc my round ligament is screaming at me! Lol

Oh, eating! That should be done here pretty quickly!

And chiro at 4:30!!! Oh so excited!!!
#6 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Great thread idea. I think I can manage to wash the rest of the baby's clothing and dipes today. They've been stacked up on my hope chest for weeks now.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#7 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

How did everyone do??  I actually did get quite a bit accomplished.  It just is SUCH a big job!!!  I had a bunch of misc. crap piled in the office as well as a TON of clothes that the girls have outgrown and some of mine and DH's.  I got all of that pulled out of their and trashed a bunch of stuff.  I have 3 bags of clothes to go to my niece and 2 big bags to go to goodwill.  I also got quite a bit of laundry done.  I am feeling good that I finally got something done but still feeling like there is SO, SO, SO much to do.  I'm overwhelmed.  But at least I have started.  I finally had a somewhat productive day.  Just need a few more. 

nerdymom likes this.

#8 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the kick in the pants Becca! Today (besides catching up on the usual household chores), I went through ALL of the baby clothes that were upstairs and organized them into 3 piles.  1) Boyish/gender neutral clothes that we can use for DS   2) Clothes to donate to friends/charities  and  3) Girl clothes that I can't bear to part with yet :)

The clothes that we will use on DS made it down to the laundry room and are waiting to be washed folded and put away in our bedroom.

The donate clothes are bagged and ready to be taken out of the door!

Hope we can all keep this motivation going!!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#9 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Well I must say...you opened a can of worms here in the Durham household...

-ate lunch
-then made cookies with DD(after she's been begging me for about a week to do)
-washed dishes(I usually have to leave this for DH as I gag the entire time...but i was ok)
-showered, washing hair, shaving....AND I dried AND straightened my hair....unheard of lately! Lol

Starcat~ I know this is more of a 'to do' list for the baby stuff....but I wanted to show you what you encouraged smile.gif

And it *could* have had something to do with mucinex D....I'm not sure. Lol!

Thank you anyhow!!!
#10 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

I finally tackled the bathroom closet. What a mess!! Tomorrow is the kids' room. Yikes!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#11 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Glad I could inspire!  I also managed to get legs and bikini area shaved today.  It had been quite a while.  a loooooong while.  both were pretty bad.  so this is  not just a baby preperation thread just a kick in the butt for whatever job we've been putting off!

Trying to decide what to do tomorrow.  I think tomorrow I will work a little on my closet.  not a total overhaul just pull out some stuff to add to the goodwill bags.  I have also been wanting to do the bathroom cabinets/closet.  So I think that will be tomorrow's big project. I'm pulling everything out of the bathroom cabinets and closet. reorganizing and throwing away all old/expired/icky things.  seperating all the girls hair stuff into little bins.  making a bin for DH's stuff.  my stuff.  making space for baby stuff. ;-) 

#12 of 25 Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

I also managed to get legs and bikini area shaved today.

Ok, now you're just showing off! orngtongue.gif Seriously though, is it sad that I need to add the above to an actual 'to-do' list?! 

Tackling the master bath is a good idea! I think I'll be doing the same tomorrow...

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#13 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 AM

I so need this thread.  I keep avoiding projects around the house, and I'm not getting any smaller.

Today I will:

- spend at least 30 minutes working on our under-construction dining room

- clean out the pantry

- write up master to-do list

- write up master "feed the freezer" list

- exercise

And then I'll have a better idea what to tackle tomorrow!  :)

#14 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM

I washed up the the gender neutral sleepers, onsies, and socks.  They are in the dryer.  As soon as they are done I plan on folding and getting them into the baskets I bought to keep them organized.  I swear I have a bunch of baby hooded towels too, but I can't seem to find them.  I think my girls might have taken them to play with so I need to hunt them down or add to my "need to buy" list.

I am totally unmotivated about making supper tonight. 

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#15 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

my day was a fail.  i didn't get any organizing done at all.  I worked, took a nap, exchanged a pair of pants, picked up veggies from co-op and did some laundry but got no 'baby stuff' done.  oh well...yesterday I got a LOT done.  every day can't be perfect. 

I think I will try to make a list of all the stuff I want to do so I can start crossing it off as I get it done.  Then my day won't be a total fail!

#16 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Becca:  any day you can get a nap in is not a fail!

#17 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 08:08 PM

Haha, this is kind of crazy, considering I totally missed this thread...didn't come in on my subs email, nothing. But you wouldn't believe how much I got done yesterday-esp for a girl on "bedrest" (rofl while rolling my eyes).

I finally tackled reorganizing my under-the-stairs closet by putting all the fall/winter stuff in the back, thus leaving room for the extra playpen, car seat, swing, etc that has been taking up tons of room everywhere else around the house. Then I tackled the biiiig downstairs room (we live in a split level house of sorts...all main living is upstairs and downstairs divided in half- garage and one large open room, but none of the house is underground at all, and I have NO basement and NO attic greensad.gif ) and put sooooo much stuff in the trash and give away piles. It looks like a different room down there. In the meantime, I was vacuuming anf doing 6 loads of laundry. I was literally exhausted today, but I felt soooo good :-D

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#18 of 25 Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM

I have soooooooo much to do...but I'm feeling so huge that I don't want to do anything. I haven't been worried about it until just now. O.m.g. I'm going to hand write my list and come back and add it to here. I feel like there's a tornado in my head....please tell me I'm. Ot the only one???? Like I'm losing control or something.
#19 of 25 Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post

I have soooooooo much to do...but I'm feeling so huge that I don't want to do anything. I haven't been worried about it until just now. O.m.g. I'm going to hand write my list and come back and add it to here. I feel like there's a tornado in my head....please tell me I'm. Ot the only one???? Like I'm losing control or something.

OMG, that's been sooo me!! I think it's actually been the biggest part of why I can't sleep. I had to laugh at DH yesterday, because I have taken the past 2 Monday mornings before my OB appt at 8 to go and get some coffee and sit down with my notebook and make a list of things that need to be done during that week, and he saw it and was like, "Oh so we are going back to the good Ol' Fashioned paper route now?" But honestly, I've had more sanity the past 2 weeks since I've been writing it down again, been more relaxed, etc. :) Not that I don't still feel huge, swollen, and overwhelmed...just maybe not quite as out-of-control in this one area.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#20 of 25 Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Joy....such a great idea to write it all down at the beginning of the week! So smart!

Ok here goes:

1. Paint computer room that is turning into DS1 room
2. Take down computer desk
3. Go look at co-sleepers(any advise???)
4. go through DS clothes and see what will and won't work for DS2
5. Buy white onsie stash
6. Go look at carseat/stroller sets
7. Go 'register'...wish list at baby store
8. Get nursing bra's closer to due date
9. Move DS1clothes to bottom drawers and put DS2 clothes up top
10. Go look at furniture MIL friend is giving us to see if we can use it for Ds1
11. Get bag packed for mama and daddy
12. Look into cloth diapers(never CD before...any advise???)
13. Buy baby carrier(any advise??)

Any other advise?
#21 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

I am off today and tomorrow.  Last week I did good when I posted what I would do so here is what I WILL GET DONE TODAY!!!

-master bedroom

clean closet

clean out my vanity (giving it to girls to make room in our room)

donate clothing/items no longer used/wanted

clean windows/window sills/ceiling fan

thats a pretty big job. but i think its doable if i focus.  I'm trying to get the house ready for getting new carpet and our bedroom is one of the rooms that needs carpet, 

#22 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Joy....such a great idea to write it all down at the beginning of the week! So smart!

Ok here goes:

5. Buy white onsie stash
10. Go look at furniture MIL friend is giving us to see if we can use it for Ds1

Any other advise?

Awesome list, Jennifer! smile.gif the only thing I would add about my own lists, is that I only pick as many things to put on the "To Do" list as I think I can get done in one week. Then I'm not terribly overwhelmed, and if I don't get one or two things done, I just move it to next week. I also have a "Calls" and "emails" list on the same notebook page. Just a couple things I forgot to add in my post about the paper list. You may do awesome with just writing it all down at once smile.gif Sooo glad it helped you, Jennifer *hug*

#23 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post

A
Quote:

Ok here goes:

5. Buy white onsie stash

Any other advise?

Awesome list, Jennifer! smile.gif the only thing I would add about my own lists, is that I only pick as many things to put on the "To Do" list as I think I can get done in one week. Then I'm not terribly overwhelmed, and if I don't get one or two things done, I just move it to next week. I also have a "Calls" and "emails" list on the same notebook page. Just a couple things I forgot to add in my post about the paper list. You may do awesome with just writing it all down at once smile.gif Sooo glad it helped you, Jennifer *hug*

I guess I should have titled it...lol

"To do list before Ryan gets here..." hahahahhhahaaha...no way I'm getting this done all at once. I can barely eat, shower, and pick up the house in one day! hahahahaha
#24 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

I managed to get the bedroom/bedroom closet pretty cleared out and have several more bags of giveaway stuff.  YAY!

today I am really, really, really going to try to clean out the bathrooms. 

-scrub floors/showers/sinks in both bathrooms.

-clean bathroom closet/under sink

-organize bins for hair stuff/first aid box/medicine bin

-throw away all the stuff we don't use in bathrooms.

Hopefully I can get this accomplished today. It would be a pretty big deal.

#25 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

I managed to get the bedroom/bedroom closet pretty cleared out and have several more bags of giveaway stuff.  YAY!

today I am really, really, really going to try to clean out the bathrooms. 

-scrub floors/showers/sinks in both bathrooms.

-clean bathroom closet/under sink

-organize bins for hair stuff/first aid box/medicine bin

-throw away all the stuff we don't use in bathrooms.

Hopefully I can get this accomplished today. It would be a pretty big deal.

I had to clean out all of our medical/FA stuff so i could get it all into one small, locked cabinet for FC, about 3-4 months ago. Oh my goodness! you wouldn't believe how much stuff i threw away...stuff that was expired, stuff I didn't know I had, etc. It felt sooo good, and i just had a little bit left, that was completely manageable, when i was finished :) 

Quote:

I guess I should have titled it...lol"To do list before Ryan gets here..." hahahahhhahaaha...no way I'm getting this done all at once. I can barely eat, shower, and pick up the house in one day! hahahahaha

Isn't that the AWFUL truth??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page