Who is doing Cloth Diapers? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Size, too, comes down at least some to personal preference. Some like very trim fitting dipes and will use smaller sizes longer. Others may like to have dipes that might be a bit big at first but will definitely last longer, to the point that you may never need to buy a larger size. One size and even prefolds are huge on newborns. I don't think there's anyway around that.

I agree with the PP that, if you already have smalls, stick with those for now and just see how this new baby grows. You can't rely on previous babies to know. My 2nd child was 8 lbs 7 oz. when born and was 20 lbs by 4 months. He was a major chunker so he was in mediums early. Once he started moving, his growth slowed and he stayed in mediums until he was out of diapers. My 3rd weighed more when he was born, 9 lbs 8 oz, but didn't grow as fast. He's 3.5yo and just now growing out of his 2T clothes. He was able to stay in my small size dipes longer.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've been practicing using prefolds on a teddy bear (with a snappi) and it doesn't take long at all. I'd assume that during the tiny baby stage it will be easy since baby isn't squirming/rolling all over.

2 dozen prefolds and 4-5 covers is def. cheaper than a stash of xs FB. You might be able to find a stash of used xs FB or keep in mind that if you buy xs FB you could resell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liora View Post

On the pockets v. prefolds question.  I really love my Fuzzi Bunz OS pockets.  However they are expensive - so for the time between newborn and when FB fit (they say 7 lbs and up but I've heard 9-10 lbs is more realistic) I'm going with prefolds just because they are cheaper and will be used for less time.  I don't want to spend the money to have the xs FB that they'll only be in for a while.  I'm hoping my FB one size will fit through potty learning for all 3 kids!

The stuffing and unstuffing isn't that big a deal and it makes diaper changes easier.  So I guess you're either stuffing after washing or folding/pinning/snappi-ing during changes. 

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

GMD has sized prefolds. I was able to get some teeny tiny newborn size that will work great as doublers later on. thumb.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

One size and even prefolds are huge on newborns. I don't think there's anyway around that.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 01-31-2011, 01:05 PM

Wow, this thread is great!

We did cloth with DD and plan to use it again. We made do with infant-sized prefolds and skipped the newborn size- we had to throw in a fold at the back waist to make them short enough in the rise, but we just found that helped stop poo from flowing upwards and outwards. We did use XS Thirsties covers, though, which were extremely effective.

I bought some not great OS pockets last time and they were terrible until baby hit 7-8 months- they were just too big and loose around the legs. So this time I may get a few small pockets to use while out and about (we have several larger pockets).

Other than that, I'm not buying anything except new Snappis.

Question- If this one is a boy (we won't know until the birth), should I try to swap/replace our girlier stash items? I don't mind putting a pink PUL cover on a sleeping newborn, but the medium purple pocket with an embroidered pink-tutu-wearing monkey on the butt might be a bit much.

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM

First... ROTFLMAO.gifI'm imagining a baby boy wearing a tutu...

Yeah, you will probably need some more covers if it is a boy. That's why I always stick to neutral colors or boy colors cuz I can more easily see a girl wearing blue than a boy wearing pink personally. :)

I don't hold the same rule for fitteds or prefolds that are colored though since no one is going to see them but you anyway. I have a bunch of purple fitteds I got on clearance and used with my youngest boy. :) The dark purple colors seem somewhat neutral to me too as long as there isn't lace or something. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAnanas View Post

Question- If this one is a boy (we won't know until the birth), should I try to swap/replace our girlier stash items? I don't mind putting a pink PUL cover on a sleeping newborn, but the medium purple pocket with an embroidered pink-tutu-wearing monkey on the butt might be a bit much.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 01-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preggers5 View Post

I have a question for experienced CD moms. Do you prefer pre-folds or pockets?

I have never cloth diapered but so far I'm leaning towards prefolds. The pocket diapers seem like more wash to me. But that's only based on observation. What do you think?

Of those 2, prefolds.  What I really prefer is flats or fitteds, though.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
Old 01-31-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

I can't really weigh in yet on the Pockets vs. Prefolds so take my opinion as a mom who has only used PFs for their own child.  I have, however, done a wash of a bunch of pockets that I was gifted and watched a few kids who used fitted diapers with PUL.  I got to thinking that, if money were no object, that I'd probably like fitteds with a combo of wool and PUL covers.  Like I said on a PP I think the preference comes down to whether you're the type to want to get some of the work out of the way during laundry time or whether you would prefer an extra step during diaper changing.  

We've talked a lot about all kids being different, and of course that is a factor here too but, my DC was (90%) of the time really sweet for diaper changes.  It was "quality time".  I also hate laundry with a pretty huge passion.  So, for someone like me, the extra step at diapering is totally fine, yk?   The reason I think I may like fitteds is because I keep reading about using prefolds with wool for EBF babies.  The EBF stage seems like a pretty long time to have poop leaking out onto the wool (if it does in fact leak that much with PFs), thus making wool less practical.  I guess I'll just have to see how well I can fold.  

Re: gendered clothing.  Personally, I don't care and really do think it's way cute to see kids in non-stereotypical clothing.  I also really do wish that we didn't have that double standard of it being more acceptable for girls to wear "boy's clothes" than it is for boys to wear "girl's clothes".   That said, I live in a pretty culturally conservative town and I probably won't get too out there with the clothes.  This baby will be wearing some pink and trucks because that's what we have but I worry about the little old ladies getting the sex wrong cuz I think it'll freak them out.  I've never understood why anyone cared about guessing the sex of a baby wrong but I hear that embarrases folks.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 PM

I used prefolds and fleece or PUL covers with my girls and we loved them.  I did put some fuzzibunz pockets in our registry because several of my friends use and really like them so I wanted to try them out.  Although I did love prefolds and am planning to mostly use them again I could end up liking the pockets better.  I'm just not sure about the extra work at laundry time. 

I had a couple wool covers for DD2 when she was still EBF and we used prefolds and I don't remember there being a big problem with poop getting on the wool. 

Since I've been crocheting some wool covers DP has decided that he wants to make some stuff for the baby too.  Which is good because he is a much better crafter than I am.  I showed him these fitted diapers from one of the links Mamachef posted and he is all over it.  I'm stoked because I can't sew for my life and would like to try fitteds.  Now I just need to find the right fabrics for him. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flutteringby/sets/72157609486548657/

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
Old 01-31-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

I had a couple wool covers for DD2 when she was still EBF and we used prefolds and I don't remember there being a big problem with poop getting on the wool. 

Good to hear!   

Old 01-31-2011, 04:38 PM

It may depend on the baby. With both my boys - if I would have used wool - they would have been dirty often. I'd only use wool with a some really good fitteds I think. I was actually tempted to try some wool covers but they are still WAY out of my price range - so, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Good to hear!   

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 PM

Weird, and possibly very stupid, question for you experts: A beloved old sweater of mine is on its last legs. It's just a plain wool pullover. Do you think if I cut it up it would make sense to use the scraps as doublers? I wouldn't want the fabric right up against the baby because it is somewhat coarse, but I figure if I tucked a layer inside a prefold that might add some nice absorbency. I don't know.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM

I never had a problem with EBF, PFs and wool covers, either. Maybe it depends on how it's folded. I almost always did the angel wing fold. I would be surprised if newborn PFs aren't huge on newborns, too. I'm not talking about length. I prefer the extra length for folding down, like was said, to make a pocket. I'm talking about the width in between the legs. That's just the nature of PFs.

I wouldn't worry about girly dipes on boys. I assume that they would be covered by clothes when out in public most of the time. I used pink and peach Swaddlebees AIOs on my boy. He didn't know the difference and I didn't care.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:

I have never cloth diapered but so far I'm leaning towards prefolds. The pocket diapers seem like more wash to me. But that's only based on observation. What do you think?

Prefolds.  I really dont dig pockets.  This reminds me I have a whole bunch of OS pockets with microfiber that were only used once, if at all each that I need to list.

And regarding EBF babies and poop.  I used thirsties for the first bit because I got infant pfs and since they were a bit bulkier I wanted a thinner cover and to get the hang of everything.  I had no problem with poop leaking if I used the angelwing or the jellyroll/sidewall fold.  The sidewall would take serious poop to leak through.  When I used the bikini fold I had some poop leakage so I didnt use that till she had established a better pooping schedule :)  Ive also never had a problem with snappis and wool.  I used wool exclusively from 3 months on and often before.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM

There are a lot of replies I haven't read, but I'll throw in my little bit of experience.  We've cd'ed since birth with ds, and will do the same with dd.  we were gifted a nice size stash of Motherease one size diapers made of organic terry cotton, and used those with Thirsties covers until around 20 months.  I started trying different diapers for night time after months of rash issues related to wetness at night and got some BG 3.0's which i like a lot for bed time, but find bulky any other time.  This led me to try other pockets and even a few AIO's.  my favorite pocket diaper for ds during the day now are the Green Acre Design diapers.  They are very trim which is great for an active toddler.  They also come in a medium long, which is the perfect size for my ds.  I don't feel like they would be the best choice for a child that was still EBF, because I don't see them holding in all that messy liquid poop.  I never had a blow out with my Motherease and Thirsties combo.  We're going to try some prefolds with dd this time as well.  I did prefolds in the 90's when my sisters were babies and I was changing their diapers, but did not do them with ds.  The snapi is an amazing invention!  Marine Wife is right about the bulk on a newborn... it's really hard to get around.  Their bottoms are just so tiny!  The only real issue we had with the bulkiness was sometimes it sent us up a clothing size in pants.  For a newborn, we washed 12-15 diapers everyday.  So a stash of 25 was plenty for us, some folks might prefer more.  Eventually we were able to move down to every other day, and now he really only needs a diaper or two a day since we're mostly PL'ed, so I wash about once a week.  I do a cold rinse, sometimes followed by a nice long soak in vinegar.  Then a hot wash with Arm N Hammer Essentials and Oxy Clean free and clear.  We sun when we can to get rid of smells and stains, but I have no qualms about tossing them in the dryer either.  I don't do a wet pail.  I have a diaper pail with a wetbag.  I dump it all in the wash and then hang dry my wet bags.  I also do cloth wipes, about 18 baby wash clothes- I was given a bunch as shower gifts and they work perfectly.  they get washed right along with the dipes.  

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 PM

Hmm... I think it should work as a doubler. I don't know why not? Maybe someone has tried this or knows more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

Weird, and possibly very stupid, question for you experts: A beloved old sweater of mine is on its last legs. It's just a plain wool pullover. Do you think if I cut it up it would make sense to use the scraps as doublers? I wouldn't want the fabric right up against the baby because it is somewhat coarse, but I figure if I tucked a layer inside a prefold that might add some nice absorbency. I don't know.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

Ive also never had a problem with snappis and wool.  I used wool exclusively from 3 months on and often before.

Was it felted or interlock wool or hand knit wool? I didn't have a problem with snappis and my interlock wool covers but always got snags with my handknits.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 PM

I used disposables with my first.  I CD my second until about 18 months and had been in daycare awhile - they didn't flush the poop - too messy!

This time I plan to CD again. I have fitted diapers with a Bummis wrap for the newborn stage and BumGenius 2.0 one size pocket diapers for after.  I also have some larger size fitted diapers with covers for a bigger baby as my DS was a heavy wetter at night (he slept 12 hrs straight from 3 months onwards!!).  I also have tons of inserts, including some hemp for the heavy night wetting.

I bought one package of disposables for the first couple of days as I was thinking the meconium might stain... and for ease of use for those first blurry days.  But after that I plan to do all CD, even when we're out.  I have lots of waterproof bags :D

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Was it felted or interlock wool or hand knit wool? I didn't have a problem with snappis and my interlock wool covers but always got snags with my handknits.

I used handknit, machine knit and interlock.  Never had a problem with any.  Where did it snag on, the outer edges of the curved "pull tab" type part?  I never had the teeth exposed or had them pop off accidently.  I did cut myself pretty bad on one putting it on once though.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

I used handknit, machine knit and interlock.  Never had a problem with any.  Where did it snag on, the outer edges of the curved "pull tab" type part?  I never had the teeth exposed or had them pop off accidently.  I did cut myself pretty bad on one putting it on once though.

It's been years since I tried it. I gave up on using snappis pretty quickly. I did always have trouble getting the bottom teeth part to stay on. It popped off a lot. Maybe my main problem was having that pop off and snag on the soaker when I was pulling it up. Also, I may be mistaken, but I think I have at least one really old snappi that has squared corners rather than round edges. Those definitely would have snagged on a soaker that needed to be pulled up and down.

On the wool as a doubler, I've never used wool as an absorbent part of the diapering process. I've only ever used it as a water resistant cover. Wool is said to be very absorbent. I tried some Lana wool nursing pads and they were awful. My milk leaked right through as if I weren't wearing anything. I don't know if you can make a comparison between those and wool doublers.

You can recycle old wool sweaters for use as soakers. There are all kinds of instructions on the internet about that. A lot of people scour 2nd hand stores for old wool sweaters just for that purpose. Lanolizing will soften the wool some, although some may be too rough to ever used next to baby's skin.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

I used snappys with DC (so 9 years ago) and, although we didn't use wool, I didn't ever have a problem with them coming off or anything like that.  In fact, I always felt like they gave a nice fit.  I'm not opposed to pins though if it becomes an issue with the wool.  

Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

How about another twist to the thread?  Is anyone going to try EC?  

We are - I got The Diaper Free Baby from the library and am reading through it.  We did some form of EC with DC way before I had ever heard of the idea.  I think it was a combo of spending lot of time outside naked and me not really minding cleaning up a little puddle of pee.  Also, we switched to disposables for a few months when DC was about a year because we were going through a major move.  When it was time to go back to cloth I gave DC the choice between trainers and diapers and she picked trainers.  We had a lot of accidents but DC was completely out of diapers by 18 months, which I attribute a lot to how much time she spent not wearing them.  I'd like to try something similar with this new baby but follow some of the EC advice too.  With DC I didn't take her to the sink/toilet until she was over a year (as I recall) and I'll try that sooner with the new babe.  

Then there is all this crazy EC "gear" to discuss.  blush.gif

Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 AM

Must have been a personal problem between me and the snappis. redface.gif

Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:

How about another twist to the thread?  Is anyone going to try EC?   

We are!!!  I was totally inspired by the recent article in Mothering about EC, it made it sound much less frightening and complicated than I'd been assuming before.  I have a good friend who part-time EC'ed with all 4 of her kids, and she was very matter-of-fact about it.  I would love to have my next LO have some experience pooping on a potty before we start really PLing, because DD is totally resistant to the whole idea of pooping on the potty (well, really she's resistant to the potty in general) and I'm regretting not doing more EC with her when she was littler. 

I'm not sure about all the "gear" you mentioned, though.  Gear?  What gear?  I was imagining that a few strategically placed buckets or bowls around the house would be all I'd need; that, and a baby dressed mostly in t-shirt and babylegs around the house.  (Actually, that was one of the obstacles to ECing that I found in the winter months -- our house is just too cold not to dress a baby in layers, and it's really hard to EC when you're peeling fourteen clothing items off the poor kid every time you think s/he needs to go.  Anybody have a solution to that one?) 

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

No, MW, you're not the only person I've seen mention that...but it is funny to think of someone having a personal problem with snappies.  :LOL   With snappies I can also see how a very slight variation in the weave of the diaper could have a pretty huge effect on how well the snappy works.  

Isn't it interesting how we all have such different likes/dislikes?  

Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comtessa View Post

I'm not sure about all the "gear" you mentioned, though.  Gear?  What gear? 

Oh, yea...there's gear.  It's crazy!  Some of it is so crazy that if I tell DH about it he'll have me cut off from the internet.  Because one of the things you can get for ED babies is...crotchless pants.  Oh, yes.  I'm actually afraid to Google the words "crotchless" and "baby" at the same time.  Now off to find a smile for that one...

scared.gif

There are also baby trainers and these strange undies that velcro around the waist but then flip down.  It's a whole new world.   But, like you, I don't imagine going there.  I'm going to get a potty and we've already got some bowls.  ;-)   I plan on maybe just laying a diaper in the sling if we get good.  If we get really good I would consider some small trainers because I do remember it being a huge pain to find those for DC.  

Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:

Isn't it interesting how we all have such different likes/dislikes?

Yep, that's why so much comes down to personal preference.

Another thing about laundry and pockets vs. prefolds. If you're leaning toward pockets but would rather spend more time when changing than doing laundry, you can always leave the stuffing for right before you put the diaper on. I did that sometimes when I didn't have time to sit down and stuff each diaper before putting it away. Sometimes everything would just get thrown in a drawer to be sorted as used. I did try to stuff them ahead of time as much as possible only because my dh preferred the pockets but never could figure out how to stuff them himself. eyesroll.gif

I've heard and read a little about EC. I had a friend who did it but we never really discussed it so I don't know what her routine was. I don't think I could do it because I am horrible at following any kind of schedule. I'm too lazy for that. When it comes to potty learning for my kids, I just let them go naked as much as possible when they start to use the potty on their own. They see us use the toilet all the time but I don't put them on it until they say they want to try.

For example, my middle ds spontaneously started using the toilet 100% at 3 years and 3 months. There was no working up to it. No scheduled trips to the toilet. When he was ready, he just went. He spent his first 2.25 years in Hawaii and we had tile floors throughout the house so he was able to go naked most of the time.

My 3.5yo has been sporadically peeing in the toilet for about 7 or 8 months now but just recently started pooing in it. He'll go in the toilet if he's naked. If he has anything on, he'll go in what he's wearing. I have him naked as much as possible at home. I'm hoping he'll be using the toilet completely by the time this baby is born. I read somewhere that most kids will spontaneously start using the toilet on their own sometime in their 3rd year if they are left to their own devices.

Tried to edit because somehow my post became part of the quote. I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:

POCKETS! I'm going to do a combination of pfs, fitteds, and pockets but mostly pockets. I did pfs with DS and did not like them. I didn't like the multistep diapering process. I just wanted to slap a diaper on and be done. I don't dislike diapering, in fact I've never really minded it, but I just didn't like all the bother. I really liked the few pockets we had for him and we ordered more for this time around. But like others have said, it is SUCH a personal choice. I have a dear friend who really prefers the prefolds. To each her own!

Quote:

I have a size question.  I am expecting that this new baby will have a similar growth pattern as my DC, which means she/he will be born on the larger size (8-9lbs) and then basically not grow much. My DC went from like 90th percentile to off the charts small in that first year.  She was well into her 3rd/4th year and I was still buying clothing in the baby section.  

For me, with something like the Kissaluvs size small, which goes until 15 lbs, I would assume that would fit this new baby through potty learning.  

What is my point?  I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance with buying mainly smalls with our particular family growth patterns because I hate to ignore all this good advice to bulk up on mediums (I've seen this advice all over the place so no doubt it's good advice!).  

ETA: Also, because my DC grew so slowly, I tended to not like to "buy big" for her and just in general don't like my babies to have to wear over sized clothing.  I think DC didn't really like it so I never much bothered with sizing up.  Now if I had a kid that grew like a weed you can better believe she/he would have to do that but for a kid who wears the same stuff for like 3 years in a row, it isn't worth the trouble.  

I'd hold off and not buy a complete stash until you know how your baby is growing. Don't forget all that NAK'ing! You'll have time to find more diapers and order them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

I don't know about absorbancy, but I do know you might be able to do this: http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-soaker-pattern.html

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM

I've cloth-ed all my kids and adjusted my stash with each.  When I was diapering my daughter I did a major overhaul and invested in 1/2 stash of pf's and 1/2 stash of fitteds.  With #3 I added some pockets. I have a lot of diapers, and I also use wool, but some will need replacing. 

I love cloth diapering! I consider myself an old hat at it now :)

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM

We'll be re-using most of the cloth diapers that we have already used on my son and daughter with this baby - some of them will be 6 years old by then. The small sizes are in excellent condition, because neither child really used them much more than 2-3 months, since they were born huge, and stayed huge. The mediums and larges... well, we're going to make do with whatever isn't falling apart. We also practice EC, so worn out diapers shouldn't be too much of a problem. I did buy an unused set of 6 Bumkins AIOs in medium off of Diaperswappers for the new baby, for going out... the dozen that we used with my other kids for that purpose are no longer waterproof, so we'll only use them at home. Those are probably the ONLY new things this baby will ever get from us, at least for the first few years, lol.

ETA: For anyone planning to try EC - don't get too caught up in the gung-ho crazy hardcore-ness that you might read about on various forums/sites on-line. Your baby doesn't have to be naked all the time... it's okay to use diapers; diapers are easy enough to take on and off, just like any other article of clothing. Communication is equally as important as the elimination aspect, so don't focus on getting every pee/poop into the proper receptacle. Part-time EC is just fine as well; so is "easing" into EC by starting off with "easy" catches (like when baby wakes up from a nap), and gradually adding other times. EC doesn't have to be as stressful as some people make it seem, and it isn't a race to the diaper-free, accident-free finish line. ;)

Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 AM

I'm so bummed. I finally pulled out my stash yesterday to go through and see what I have and what I need. It looks like I don't need anything. I can't come up with any justifiable reason to buy any new diapers. greensad.gif

User Tag List