Who is doing Cloth Diapers? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

for the motherease, I got a really trim fit by twisting the diaper like you would for a prefold, then folding down the snaps.  If anyone has any lurking in their stash I would give it a try, it also ups the absorbancy a bit

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#182 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM

That's a good idea, Melissa. Those are the two problems I had with Motherease. They were huge through the crotch and were not very absorbent at all.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#183 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Good tip about the motherease! I've never used them before but a friend got me one for the new baby. I'll have to remember that in case we have any problems.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#184 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Here's an all in one like that... 

http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/product-list.php?cID=127

Too bad they don't have a fitted like that though...at least not yet. And says 10-35 lbs for sizing so, not for newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I probably should have been more clear that I'm looking only at fitteds. If they don't come with snaps, I don't like them. I prefer side snaps, too. I have found that they are better at containing messes around the legs. Front-snapping dipes gap more and those side wings drooping always drive me crazy. I tried Kissaluvs with my now 7yo and did not like them at all. I can't remember specifically why now because it was so long ago.

I was just looking around and found that most diapers are hard to find in large quantities. I can't find more than 1 or 2 Swaddlebees sized fitteds anywhere and it seems the OSes are out of stock. I hope that doesn't mean they've stopped being made.

There are several cute print diapers on Hyena Cart but I can't make up my mind. I think I need to wait until I know the gender of this baby. I'm tired of boy and gender neutral stuff. If this baby is a girl, I really want some pretty, girly stuff.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#185 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Here's some I found on google...

http://www.amazon.com/Babykicks-Organic-Fitted-Diaper-Natural/dp/B0032AMM9C

http://hyenacart.com/TheCoveredCaboose/mt/541/41574/One-Size-Fits-Most-Bamboo-Fitted-Diaper

http://www.diaperware.com/productpage/sugarpeas.htm

But, as you said there's only limited availability except for the babykicks one.

I wish I could be more helpful, but unfortunately, the only experience with that kind of diaper is the MEOS and I didn't like it. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#186 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post.

I was just looking around and found that most diapers are hard to find in large quantities. I can't find more than 1 or 2 Swaddlebees sized fitteds anywhere and it seems the OSes are out of stock. I hope that doesn't mean they've stopped being made.

nod.gif

I've had a similar experience.  It seems like lots of companies are going out of business and/or the others are super low supply and high demand.  My personality will not work with a crazy smattering of various diapers.  Unless I can swing a day's worth of one type of fitted I'm just sticking with prefolds.  

I wish you could remember what you didn't like about the Kissaluvs.  They seem like the highest rated fitted that is reasonably available and reasonably affordable (compared to some of the super hot WAHMs out there).  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#187 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/nod.gif">nod.gif

I've had a similar experience.  It seems like lots of companies are going out of business and/or the others are super low supply and high demand.  My personality will not work with a crazy smattering of various diapers.  Unless I can swing a day's worth of one type of fitted I'm just sticking with prefolds.  

I wish you could remember what you didn't like about the Kissaluvs.  They seem like the highest rated fitted that is reasonably available and reasonably affordable (compared to some of the super hot WAHMs out there).  

It's been a long time since I bought diapers so I didn't realize so many had gone out of business. My very fave diapers ever are nowhere to be found. greensad.gif If I knew what I wanted in terms of fitted prints, I wouldn't mind so much getting only a couple at a time. What I really want are Swaddlebees and I can't seem to find more than a couple at various stores. Buying 2 from this store and 2 from that store annoys me.

If I had to guess with the Kissaluvs, the first thing that comes to mind is the fit. I think I got a size 0. It was tiny and I had a big baby so it was pretty much useless. Also, I think I didn't like the material. I got into hemp pretty quickly and Kissaluvs aren't hemp. I can't remember what they were made of back then. That was 7 years ago. I don't think it's the same material that they are made of now.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#188 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 PM

From what I read on kissaluvs, lots of people don't like them because they aren't very absorbent, yet they're bulky. I've used the kissaluvs doublers and was not terribly impressed. They work but probably just like the fitteds - bulky for what little extra absorbency they provide.

#189 of 393 Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 PM

That's one of the reasons I opted for the ME Sandy's rather than Kissaluvs, they seem to do better in comparisons from folks who have used both.  They are side-snapping also, though they don't have the umbilical cord snap-down, I hope that won't be an issue.  Most of the photos I've seen show them riding down pretty low so I hope they'll be okay...

#190 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Alrightie then - perhaps Kissaluvs are out.  Bummer!   MW, have you considered those Sandy's?  I know they're also by ME but they get good reviews.  

I'm kind of surprised by how many diapers are bamboo or hemp.  It seems like lots of you are fine with those.  What are the pros/cons of those two fabrics?  

#191 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 05:20 AM

I won't ever get Motherease again. I think they are the worst CDs I tried. I'd buy Kissaluvs before Motherease.

Bamboo and hemp are more absorbent than cotton. You can get a trimmer diaper with more absorbency than cotton. Hemp is stronger/sturdier than cotton and has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties that I don't think cotton has. I'm not sure if Bamboo has any antifungal or antibacterial properties. Bamboo is very, very soft and absorbent. I think that's why a lot of people like bamboo. I have one or two bamboo diapers but I didn't get to use them a lot to compare to my hemp to say whether I like it better or not. Most of the diapers I've come across are hemp/cotton blends. What do you think is not good about hemp or bamboo?

I only had 3 newborn diapers ever, I think. I never had an issue with the umbilical cord. I keep wondering why everyone thinks they need newborn diapers for the center that snaps down. I assume it has something to do with fear of infection. Maybe people think if the diaper covers the umbilical cord, urine could get in it and it would get infected? Or is it for comfort because fabric rubbing against the umbilical cord might hurt baby? IDK

#192 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

What do you think is not good about hemp or bamboo?

From, admittedly, not all that much research my thoughts on bamboo is that, although made from a natural material, it needs to be so processes in order to make fabric that it's more "semi-natural" and I worry about stink (similar to rayon).  I also have a few things made with bamboo that I haven't been happy with.  I like the few clothing items that I have made of hemp but, again, I feel like I've read dozens of critiques of hemp that it holds stink more than cotton.  GMD has a whole spiel on the advantages of cotton, which I guess influenced me quite a bit as well.  I would try hemp before I tried bamboo and it seems I may have to if I want to try fitteds because the selection of fitteds make of cotton seems pretty small.  

In the end, I know it's another matter of personal choice.   I guess I tend to look to the fabrics that have been used in diapering for many decades and am timid about being an "early adapter" as they say.  That said, if something is super widely used I'm not nearly as hesitant and one could make that case for both bamboo and hemp, ha?  

#193 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

A bit pricey and not in great supply but these look nice: http://hyenacart.com/TheCoveredCaboose/mt/541/85396/One-Size-Fits-Most-Hemp-Cotton-Fitted-Diaper

#194 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 AM

The babykicks organic fitted diapers seem to fit in with stuff you have liked and it looks like they are available in larger quantity. (also linked to in earlier post)

I have one swaddlebees I got from a trade and was not impressed personally.

I like hemp. I have like 30 hemp trifold inserts that I got on clearance for $2 a piece! Woohoo! I've used them as doublers and will use them in my newborn and small covers for my new little girl. 
I think I read that bamboo is also antifungal/antibacterial like hemp. But, like PP said, it takes more to process it. I have no personal experience with bamboo. 

I think there is a concern that wet fabric could cause the cord stump to become infected from staying too wet and also it's best to get newborn covers with the dip to avoid the cover going over the cord stump or scratching/irritating the stump. I think a newborn cover is a good idea at least. If the diaper fits under the cover, the cover should help keep it off the stump. Those are my thoughts anyway. I truthfully have not had the opportunity to cloth diaper a newborn yet. Was going to with my second but ended up living with inlaws in Romania and they had limited washing machine access for me with a really horrible detergent I didn't want to ruin my diapers with.

Quote:

I won't ever get Motherease again. I think they are the worst CDs I tried. I'd buy Kissaluvs before Motherease.

Bamboo and hemp are more absorbent than cotton. You can get a trimmer diaper with more absorbency than cotton. Hemp is stronger/sturdier than cotton and has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties that I don't think cotton has. I'm not sure if Bamboo has any antifungal or antibacterial properties. Bamboo is very, very soft and absorbent. I think that's why a lot of people like bamboo. I have one or two bamboo diapers but I didn't get to use them a lot to compare to my hemp to say whether I like it better or not. Most of the diapers I've come across are hemp/cotton blends. What do you think is not good about hemp or bamboo?

I only had 3 newborn diapers ever, I think. I never had an issue with the umbilical cord. I keep wondering why everyone thinks they need newborn diapers for the center that snaps down. I assume it has something to do with fear of infection. Maybe people think if the diaper covers the umbilical cord, urine could get in it and it would get infected? Or is it for comfort because fabric rubbing against the umbilical cord might hurt baby? IDK

#195 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Dreameze has a side snapping fitted, I've used their AIO and liked the fit and absorbancy.  Personally I wouldn't spend that much on a fitted though, I'm not terribly impressed with the life span of fitteds. 

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#196 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM

Thanks for those links. I would have never thought to look on Amazon for CDs before now. I've got Jillian's Drawers bookmarked and I think I favorited the Covered Caboose ones on Hyena Cart. Like was said, those are a bit expensive. But, OS usually do cost a bit more but maybe end up costing less in the long run because you don't need to buy a whole new stash in a larger size in a few months.

I think one could say that hemp has been used long enough that it's very well-established. Bamboo has been around for at least a few years now. I'm thinking in terms of my kids' ages. Bamboo has been around for at least 3.5 years, probably longer than that.

#197 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Yea, I would be willing to try hemp.  I certainly don't consider it a new fabric but it does seem a bit new as far as diapering goes (ie. it wasn't around when my mom was diapering).  I do think I'll try the hemp stay-dry liners from GMD and I would like to try hemp fitteds but I don't think I can justify the extra cost.  

I found this page of the Diaperpin for pros and cons.  It's simple but seems helpful: http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/article_differentsystems.asp#types_fabric

'course looking at that list makes me want to reconsider trying flats.  

What is everyone doing for wipes?  I'm thinking of doing just those simple baby washcloths.  I found a couple at Goodwill and they seem great for getting in all the folds and stuff.  

#198 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM

I've got some cheap kissaluvs(I think) $1 wipes - about 20 and then I also have some thirsties wipes that I bought a few years ago that I microfleece I think? My fave of the 2 were the thirsties because the kissaluvs are really rough. I have heard that baby wash cloths are too thin. I don't know though, as I've never tried them. I'd consider using some cheap terry wash cloths to save money though, if I didn't already have what I have. Wipes are really only needed for poo diapers. I never realized that with my first but with my second my older friend told me she never used wipes for pee diapers and so I tried it and it's been just fine.

Quote:

What is everyone doing for wipes?  I'm thinking of doing just those simple baby washcloths.  I found a couple at Goodwill and they seem great for getting in all the folds and stuff.  

#199 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM

In the last fabric coop I was a part of we worked with one of the only North American based fiber companies that are making Bamboo.. this was a few years ago, so Im not up on what else has happened since then, but at the time alot of the OBV was coming over from china and questionably processed...they detailed their process in depth and I felt really good about the process being both ecologically friendly and sustainable.  I bought a metric ton of it because I made and sold diapers for a bit and I still have plenty for this baby, although I did order some chocolate brown and black OBV because Im excited about using it as an inner next to the skin and not worrying about sunning diapers.. :)  I live in the Pacific NW and sometimes it's hard to get some time without rain during the winter months that allows sunning without serious planning.  I love OBV because it doesnt have the stink issues of hemp, it is uber absorbant and so soft and squishy.  I believe it also has some of the same anti fungal properties, but again its been awhile since ive done research so that could be foggy, I do know its much more absorbant hands down.   People have stink issues who dont have good washing routines or use bad detergents. IMO.  If your diapers smell like ammonia you arent using enough detergent.  Alot of people blame detergent build up, but that causes repelling mostly and bubbles in the washer.. not stink.  Ive had to strip my hemp once before I got my was routine down and that was it.  My diapers smell clean and like the lavender wool balls I use in the dryer.  I like to combine hemp and bamboo velour in the diapers I make.  Hemp inners because no matter what you do they just dont stay as soft as Id prefer next to babies skin as time goes on and then Bamboo fleece or OBV on the outside layers.  Ive done alot of tests and you can also see several others on diaperswappers.. for me Hemp and OBF are the most absorbant and therefore the trimmest.  DD was an early crawler and walker and it was important to me that her diapers were trim.  When my babe was little someone gave me alot of cotton diapers and that was fine until she was about 4 months old and then there had to be some type of doubler and cotton did not cut it.  I had really wanted to repurpose things we had already like flannel sheets and whatnot, but it was just so bulky, especially with any type of wool knit and DD was a petite kiddo with skinny legs. I already change my kiddo alot.. when she was a newborn we went through 15-20 diapers a day.  I just dont like to leave them wet and DD was a fast tinkler and it all came out in a stream.  She didnt just slowly pee.  She peed quickly and so she would soak right through a cotton prefold in a small spot.  Velour lets me get away with a little longer between changes because it seems to diffuse the pee more and feels damp after.. the wetness gets trapped in the hemp layer, unlike my prefolds or cotton fitteds which just felt soaked when she tinkled even the smallest bit.  The reason there are so few cotton fitteds is because they just dont preform as well and people typically switch to fitteds from prefolds for their ease of use and fit benefits.

Anyway, everyone has their own fluff love so it's great to try a bunch of things about in the beginning and see what works for you instead of investing in one type of diaper.  Most diaps keep a decent resale value so you can just sell the things that dont work for you.  Kissaluvs are nice for newborns alot of people seem to really dig the fit, they are usually pretty cheap too.. but after that.. meh.. Id never get another Motherease product.

I know bellabottoms makes a onesized fitted that is really reasonably priced in cotton.  I bought a few of them when I was preparing to CD.  They fit DD quickly but I did need a good OBV/Hemp doubler pretty quick with them.

http://www.bellabottoms.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=4790e053aabedffa17237c590ca29875

http://www.muttaqinbaby.com/store/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=splash

I also really dig mutts and I think everything but the doubler is cotton, but they arent good for chunky thighed babies unless she stopped pulling her elastic so darn tight. They really fit my skinny minny well when she was in the skinny stages, but she had a bit of a chunky period too and they left elastic marks on her little thighs :( so we didnt use them then.

Quote:

Quote:

What do you think is not good about hemp or bamboo?

From, admittedly, not all that much research my thoughts on bamboo is that, although made from a natural material, it needs to be so processes in order to make fabric that it's more "semi-natural" and I worry about stink (similar to rayon).  I also have a few things made with bamboo that I haven't been happy with.  I like the few clothing items that I have made of hemp but, again, I feel like I've read dozens of critiques of hemp that it holds stink more than cotton.  GMD has a whole spiel on the advantages of cotton, which I guess influenced me quite a bit as well.  I would try hemp before I tried bamboo and it seems I may have to if I want to try fitteds because the selection of fitteds make of cotton seems pretty small.  

In the end, I know it's another matter of personal choice.   I guess I tend to look to the fabrics that have been used in diapering for many decades and am timid about being an "early adapter" as they say.  That said, if something is super widely used I'm not nearly as hesitant and one could make that case for both bamboo and hemp, ha?  

#200 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, great post, MC!!  Very informative.  If I decide to go down the fitted route I will consider hemp and even bamboo.  

#201 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 PM

:)

I also love love love me some crickett's.. I think you'll find really favorable reviews on them.

http://www.crickettsdiapers.com/diapers.html

You dont have to stalk them, so that is nice.. and Ive found that if I use a little Dawn dishwashing detergent on hemp, atleast once a month and just a touch of Ecover fabric softener (when I started CDing DD it was the only one that was okay to use with CDs) on the same schedule, but after the dawn wash... the hemp stays alot softer for longer.  Ive got hard water so I use a baking soda and vinegar at my own diaper voodoo-y intervals which I think helps too.  Mostly always use the baking soda in the prerinse and a downy ball with vinegar in the wash.  Ive also used borax before when I was stripping the diapers that one time and feel it was really helpful.

#202 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 02:40 PM

I love Muttaqins but they are expensive and hard to get a bunch at one time.

On those Babykicks, can anyone who looked tell if they have an absorbent center sewn in? It looks like it might be a pocket that comes with an insert and still needs a cover. I'm just curious because I can't tell.

I can't remember the wipes I have. Some were really nice, thick, stayed soft. Others were rough very thin and wore out very quickly. Obviously, the cheaper ones were more likely to be rough, thin and wear out faster. I think some cheap wash cloths would work just fine. I don't know that I would spend money on special baby wipes again.

You really like Crickets? I tried those years ago and found them to be thin and not absorbent at all.

#203 of 393 Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Reading this thread has been so helpful! I've decided that I AM going to cloth diaper my 3rd :-)

I love the idea of having a spreadsheet to track quantities/cost/resale/etc. I'm starting to put together my own spreadsheet, but am wondering if anyone is willing to share the skeleton of their own worksheet (Excel or other) because I'm sure not thinking of everything from the starting point. I don't need to see your own quantities/cost/etc, just the spreadsheet format with formulas that have kept it all straight for you.

Anyone willing to share their spreadsheet?

#204 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 AM

I guess the babykicks fitteds are pocket fitteds. I found more pictures of the diaper on walmart's website. 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Babykicks-Organic-Fitted-Diaper/14207108?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=14207108

Quote:

I love Muttaqins but they are expensive and hard to get a bunch at one time.

On those Babykicks, can anyone who looked tell if they have an absorbent center sewn in? It looks like it might be a pocket that comes with an insert and still needs a cover. I'm just curious because I can't tell.

I can't remember the wipes I have. Some were really nice, thick, stayed soft. Others were rough very thin and wore out very quickly. Obviously, the cheaper ones were more likely to be rough, thin and wear out faster. I think some cheap wash cloths would work just fine. I don't know that I would spend money on special baby wipes again.

You really like Crickets? I tried those years ago and found them to be thin and not absorbent at all.

#205 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Thanks. I happened to run across those on another site listed under pockets.

From doing some more digging about OS dipes, I don't think they would work very well for newborns. So, I'm back to trying to decide between newborn and smalls. It appears that some NB dipes might go up to the same size as some smalls. I guess that means the only drawback of NB dipes might be that they are less absorbent? The major drawback for me is that I'd have to buy a whole new stash, which would mean around $300 for dipes I'll probably only use for 4 months. That's hard for me to do.

#206 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Kimmamalove, 

I just lost a whole post to you -- it was funny too (imo)!  I said that the link a few up from diaperpin.com is good and spreadsheet like.  And, if you decide on doing a spreadsheet you can add people and they can contribute, which could be fun!  

MW, I was worried about some of those high weight limit NB diapers, especially if you think you may have a small baby.  I wonder if they are less absorbent and, therefore, only suitable for a true NB regardless of weight.  

I'm disillusioned with the fitted situation and decided to add a dozen flats to my stash.  I'm going backwards in time.  ;-)  

#207 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

What do we think of these: 

http://www.wellbornbaby.com/products/softbums-organic-bamboo-good-to-go-pack

#208 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Those look interesting, ICM. $400 is a lot at one time but if it's all you'd have to spend for the entire diapering time, it's a good price for fitteds. I don't know if they'd work with newborns, though, because it doesn't seem like you can adjust the rise.

I have larger babies. My last two were both over 8 lbs. That's why I think I could start with smalls and was hoping I could just go with one-size. Most smalls seem to start at 8 lbs. The one-sizes I've seen start at either 8 lbs or 10 lbs. I've emailed a few people about their OSes and they say that they might fit a 7-8 lbs baby but probably not as well as most would like. I'm trying very hard to hold off on buying anything until after my Level II u/s, when I should find out the gender. It's hard when someone was just selling some gorgeous used Muttaqins on Diaperswappers. She had a lot.

#209 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Wow I've been missing out on my favorite topic since I've been away!  I love cloth diapering and loved doing it with DS.  We didn't start until he was 5 months though so I'm super excited to start with a newborn this time around.  I actually started buying newborn diapers right before we were TTC and then of course it took us a year.  So I have a nice stash going :)

For those who are unsure about spending the money on the newborn diapers, there are some newborn rental packages which typically include KL0's and covers.  I know Sunshine Diapers does one and there are some other companies out there as well.  Also, remember you can sell your newborn diapers for almost what you paid for them!  So it doesn't end up being as much of an investment as you think. 

AFM, here is what I have so far for this little one.  Almost 40 newborn diapers but I plan on washing every other day but sometimes it takes me a whole day to wash since I forget stuff is in the washer and I have to do a couple of cycles since our washer is funny.  I'm not planning on doing a lot of wool until 1-2 months have passed and there are less poops just so it's easier but I loved wool with DS.  I tried just about every diaper out there for DS so I'm confident about the prefold and fitted route while she's a newborn - with a few AIOs to make it easier for certain times.

Fitteds:
6 XS BG Bamboo
3 NB B4s
3 NB Nanipoos
2 NB Mutts
3 XS Thirsties
3 NB Swaddlebees (old style)
2 XS Sbish bamboo fleece fitteds
3 NB Goodmamas
2 S Sbish bamboo fleece fitteds
Total: 24 newborn fitteds, 2 small fitteds

Covers:
2 Size 1 Thirsties Duos
1 Preemie IV Cover (fits like nb)
1 NB Prorap
2 NB Bummis Super Brite
1 NB Bummis Super Whisper Wrap snap
1 NB IV Wool Cover (fits like small)
2 NB IV Cover (fits like small)
1 Baby Beehinds wool wrap cover S
Total: 7 newborn covers, 4 small covers

Prefolds:
12 GMD Oranges
18 GMD Yellows
12 preemie prefolds

Wool:
1 newborn size knit longies, hat, booties (won from raffle)
1 xs Sbish knit soaker charcoal

AIOs:
2 Extra Small BG AIOs

2 Lil Joey's AIOs

I'm all set on accessories like snappis, wet bags, liners, etc. I will probably get some more wool covers in size small but that can wait. Also, when the baby can fit into size small, we also have the BG OS pockets, BGEs, and OS fitteds from DS that she can use so I'm not as concerned with diapers once she hits 10-12 pounds.

DS was exactly 7 pounds at 40 weeks so I imagine she'll be about the same size.

#210 of 393 Old 02-07-2011, 11:48 AM

I'm planning on sewing some newborn fitteds using the tighty whitey hipsters pattern, and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for covers. I'd prefer to have a cover that has the cord snap down feature, if such a thing exists.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page