February Chat! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 146 Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI Ladies!

Here's my big fat traveling VENT...  I'm back from my shower and completely exhausted!!  The shower was really fun and nice, but I'm so tired and uncomfortable I can't even think about it right now (but promise to come back later and tell you all about it!).  I spent 6.5 hours on the plane yesterday (was only supposed to be 5 hours, but the airport lost power so we had to sit on the plane forever while they tried to refuel with no electricity!).  I asked a stewardess to help me put my carry on in the overhead bin and she couldn't leave the place she was standing but told me it wasn't a problem and to ask the male steward closer to my seat.  Well, he thought it was a big problem and chastised me for not checking my bag in front of the whole plane!  Everyone around me was SHOCKED at the way he talked to me and they were jumping to help me get it down when we finally landed (over an hour late).  My legs hurt so bad from sitting for so long!!  I got up a walked around a bunch, but I could feel my legs swelling and I can't believe how much they still hurt.  Meanwhile the woman one seat over from me appeared to be be due any day and slept through the whole flight with out getting up to use the bathroom or anything!  I wanted to wake her up just out of spite! lol   Really though, my body is sore and my legs hurt so bad and I'm so tired I feel like an old lady! 

I ordered two prenatal work out dvds today and I'm scheduling a 2 hour massage for tomorrow if possible (a bday gift from my inlaws).  I think not exercising regularly is part of why I'm so sore.  I was fine on the flight there, but that was only a 4 hour flight.  I just want to crawl into bed and go back to sleep, but being in bed seemed to make it all much worse last night.  Nerdymom and msmiles... I'm thinking about following your lead and ordering a new bed when I get my tax return.  I've even got the Ikea site open to go look at beds once I'm done here. 

Waah waah boo hoo... I'm done.  I'll come back when I'm in a better mood.  :)

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#62 of 146 Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 AM

So here's what I'm doing...what's your input? Menstrual type pains only on one side at a time that radiates from my ovary area throughout my hip to my back. Tummy isn't getting hard. Not 'hurting' per say, but very uncomfortable and having to breath through them. They are sporadic....no ryme or reason or timed. I have a handful a day...maybe lol. I haven't really kept track. I will today though. And weirdly enough, they only happen when I'm laying down eating my ice(I chew TONS of ice when I'm pg) I have the BH when I'm standing/walking.

So what do you guys think?
#63 of 146 Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 PM

This thread is super quiet.  Hope you ladies aren't off having babies...

Jennifer - sorry, this is hours later but when in doubt I'd call the MW/OB. Maybe it's the ice? The BH sound normal.

Deirdre - what a horrible flight attendent.  Glad to hear that there were normal caring people on your flight though!

DS looked around our living room this afternoon and told me that it was "messy".  When I suggested that he help clean it up by putting his toys away he ignored me and went on to do something else rant.gif.  I was pissed off because he sounded like DH who always bitches that the place is messy but doesn't lift a damn finger to help clean it.  Obviously I'm going to have to work on DS, DH is a lost cause.

DS did redeem himself at bedtime.  I was wishing him and DD a good night and he reminded me to wish the baby a good night too! love.gif

#64 of 146 Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer- hope your feeling better.  my initial thought is that its just pregnancy aches and pains. But with all the pre-term labor business thats been going on here lately I would say if you feel like it could be something call or get it checked out. Hope it was a brief thing and its passed now and you are comfortable now.

Dierdre- sorry your plane ride was so crappy.  But I can't wait to hear all about your shower!! Hope you are feeling better and lots more rested now!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#65 of 146 Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So I started my Hypnobabies last night - it's awesome already! I already know how to meditate, so I was able to go right into trance mode. I've listened to my birth affirmations twice while driving and it was wonderful - I was very stressed about DS possibly missing the birth so I put on the affirmations and reminded myself that my baby will come when s/he needs to come. I just have to have faith that the universe will ensure that everyone who should be at the birth will be there.

I'm still having a hard time eating, but I'm finally putting on weight at the rate I should be. I just need to up my protein and iron big time. If I'm still having a ton of nausea and very little appetite, how can I make sure my protein and iron are good? I'm going to start drinking protein shakes and eating more leafy greens. What else can I do?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#66 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Hello everyone. I've been reading but not responding. I'm not feeling like I have much to say, except I think we all need a group hug! ((((hugs))))

I've been sewing a bit. I do love to sew and I just sewed a newborn fitted diaper and a small fleece soaker. DH took me to the fabric store today and I went a leetle gaga...I spent...$86! I did buy 16.5 yards of fabric plus an interchangeable chalk marking pencil, so I don't feel *too* bad. That is all the material I need for my newborn diaper stash, my post partum mama cloth, and three more nursing nightgowns. So I should be keeping busy the rest of the month. :)

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#67 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

im here! we have the plague over here again now. first the stomach bug and now some nasty fever head cold type of crud. I am almost done knitting the longies to match the hat i made. I find DPN so very tedious! 

I have gained 17lbs so far. I burst into tears in the MW office over it. I am almost 140lbs and Im only 5'2" I have some serious weight issues and body image issues so pregnancy is hard on me. knowing I NEED to gain weight but hating every minute. However my MW congratulated me on finally gaining some "real weight" and was very encouraging

I also had my GTT. I chose to eat high carb/sugar breakfast (read cinnamonbun french toast with sugar and syrup and icing) ughh i choked it down but it was still better than glucola! I should get the results today.

I have been increasingly nervous about this baby having something wrong. after expressing this to my mw she is going to do an u/s in 2 weeks. i go every two weeks now (seriously time is flying by)

diedre- what a crappy thing for the flight attendant to do. did you file a complaint? stooopid people

im off to knit. DH stayed home to take care of me today

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#68 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 AM

I've been reading but nothing going on here to talk about. My weeks revolve around dr appointments and holding the couch down right now. I keep reminding myself that it's only a few more weeks and at least I get to go to the dr twice a week now. Pretty sad when you're all excited about going to the dr since it means you'll get outside a bit each week. They're having me do non-stress tests once a week now since my bp is up a bit and I had preeclampsia with my 3yo. I was having a ton of contractions on the monitor yesterday and the nurse freaked out but the dr said it was an acceptable amount. The trip to the dr and getting the kids to and from my mil's wore me out though. I was contracting like crazy and miserable last night. Just a few more weeks..

We're all fighting colds here..Mine is on it's way out thankfully but I still feel out of it. Dealing with a grumpy 3yo with a cold is taxing too. She is not a happy kid this week. Sigh..

Sorry to whine..Ready for this week to be over with!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#69 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ohhhh forgot to add!!!

baby is head down and firmly wedged in my pelvis. w00t

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#70 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM

It seems like a lot of us are sick this week.  While I was away all three kids were sick and within 12 hours of walking into my house I was sick too.  I've been thinking about how good we've all done at not getting sick this winter and of course now it happens.  Oh well.  It's not too bad, I just hope it stays pretty mellow. 

I am definitely going to file a complaint with Continental about the evil flight attendant.  I sitll can't believe what a jerk he was!

I filed my tax return yesterday using TurboTax.  I love that website.  It's so easy to use.  I always forget about my tax return so now I'm a little bit less concerned about our financial situation.  I could have thousands of dollars in the bank and I'd still be worried about money!  But the tax money will be very helpful for baby items, etc.  I'm thinking about surprising DP and getting a new mattress.  Since we looked at them a couple months ago I know what he wants and I also know how much he hates our bed. 

I posted about my shower in the shower thread and put up some pics. It was really great. 

I've been reading the spinning babies website, but it's not laid out very well.  Both my DDs were posterior so I'm hoping to avoid that this time.  I think I will have to go the chiropractor because I can feel something out of place in the sacro illiac area and think that will keep the baby from settling in the right position, but I'm not looking forward to it.  I've been before and I know it's good, but it always freaks me out a little. 

Oh yeah... my bff had her baby while I was away!  It's a girl!  Her name is Corrina Shae and she weighed 7.11 lbs.  I want to go see her so bad, but I don't want to get them sick so I have to wait!  At least that will give me time to finish the cute little sweater I've been making for her. 

DP found a couple's prenatal yoga class for us to go to this Sunday.  They do it every year for Valentine's Day.  I've always wanted to go, but haven't been pregnant at the right time!  :)  Now I just need to find a babysitter. 

Nerdymom- are you making the tighty whitey hipster fitteds?  What kind of fabric do you use?  I'm sort of lost on what to get.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#71 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM

We are also recovering from colds here, too. Nothing too bad, thankfully.

Saw my midwife yesterday and gained 7, yes SEVEN, pounds in the past two weeks. Ugh. She was happy though, because I had lost weight at my appt two weeks before and now I'm apparently up 9 lbs total. I think not making it to the gym last week, having my mom in town this past weekend and having lots of yummy superbowl food is to blame :)

I didn't even know there was a shower thread! I'll have to check that out.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#72 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

im here! we have the plague over here again now. first the stomach bug and now some nasty fever head cold type of crud. I am almost done knitting the longies to match the hat i made. I find DPN so very tedious! 

I have gained 17lbs so far. I burst into tears in the MW office over it. I am almost 140lbs and Im only 5'2" I have some serious weight issues and body image issues so pregnancy is hard on me. knowing I NEED to gain weight but hating every minute. However my MW congratulated me on finally gaining some "real weight" and was very encouraging

I also had my GTT. I chose to eat high carb/sugar breakfast (read cinnamonbun french toast with sugar and syrup and icing) ughh i choked it down but it was still better than glucola! I should get the results today.

I have been increasingly nervous about this baby having something wrong. after expressing this to my mw she is going to do an u/s in 2 weeks. i go every two weeks now (seriously time is flying by)

diedre- what a crappy thing for the flight attendant to do. did you file a complaint? stooopid people

im off to knit. DH stayed home to take care of me today

(((hugs))) I have gained 21 lbs and had gained the same with DD around this time (maybe closer to 19? not sure but I know it was pretty close), and only ended up gaining 27 over all, so 17 really isn't that much. 

I would love to see the longies you made! I'm a knitter too and am busy knitting away after losing my knitting mojo over Christmas.

kittn likes this.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#73 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 PM

I actually weighed myself for the first time in over two weeks this morning with fear and trembling. They weigh me at the dr's office but I always tell them I don't want to know. I was shocked when I saw that I hadn't gained any weight the last two weeks. I'm still up 35lbs from my prepregnancy weight but it's nice to know I'm not gaining like crazy on bedrest. I am drinking a ton more water and making sure I'm eating right though since I can't exercise now so I guess that's helping. I was afraid I'd gain 20+ more lbs in the next few weeks not moving much.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#74 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Ugh weight gain. boo. My next appointment is the 14th and I'm going to bring  my two week menu plan so I can show the MW what I've been eating, in case I go in and have gained "too much" again. Stacey, you are awesome! If I were stuck on bed rest I would end up eating out of sheer boredom!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#75 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 03:34 PM

ugh! now i've lost my voice :(

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#76 of 146 Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM

I was with the kids all day today.  We ran errands this morning and then drove to a local college town where my oldest sang in an Honors Choir.  I could tell how much she loved being up there singing with the others.  So cool.  Before the concert and I took the other 4 to a new children's museum.  It was very nice and the kids had a great time.

We have a busy weekend with it being my oldest's birthday.  We have some parties to do and the house to clean.  And then my next appointment is on Monday.

I keep thinking i need to check out the spinning baby website as I'm pretty sure this kid is OP too.  Several of mine have been born straight OP so I know I have an "adequate pelvis", but still it would be nice to go a bit faster if this one is in a better position.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#77 of 146 Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 PM

I guess one of the upsides of contracting all day is that it keeps me from being super hungry. It kind of feels like my stomach hurts all the time so I don't want to eat more than I normally do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

Ugh weight gain. boo. My next appointment is the 14th and I'm going to bring  my two week menu plan so I can show the MW what I've been eating, in case I go in and have gained "too much" again. Stacey, you are awesome! If I were stuck on bed rest I would end up eating out of sheer boredom!

#78 of 146 Old 02-12-2011, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

i'd probably eat out of boredom on bedrest, too.  very little makes me NOT want to eat!!  I'm not even worried about weight gain any more.  I can feel this babe getting bigger by the day- so I guess I will probably gain weight!   Yesterday at work one of my patients asked when I was due and when I said April she said wow- you're bigger than I was with twins (she had just delivered- 35wks) yeah- thanks for that!!  work is hard, I am HATING 12 hour shifts.  The chiropractor doesnt seem to be helping much. and i have a sore throat this morning and feel like I may be getting sick. 

in other news. my first baby shower (with the work girls) is tomorrow.  YAY.  Our carpets will finally be installed on Friday.  The plan is to move EVERYTHING from the rooms getting carpet out into the dining room area. then after I will sort everything and put back stuff or get rid of stuff. but finally we will start getting organized. 

so how is everyone? 

Getting used to the new bed??  Everyone who was sick getting better? 

I brought in my ball to sit on this week and have been trying to sit on it and lean forward more.  dd1 was OP and dd2 was not. very different experiences.  i mostly used the ball and did lots of hands and knees towards the end with dd2 and it seemed to work.  this baby still seems like he flips to transverse a lot- either that or he is much bigger than I think.  so he isn't settling into one position quite yet. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#79 of 146 Old 02-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Becca:  have fun at your shower!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#80 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 11:39 AM

I don't have time to catch up on the thread right now, but wanted to mention that if anyone is planning to get a BOB revolution stroller they have them for $291 on REI.com.  That's the lowest price I could find online and if you have a REI store near you they will ship to the store for free.  :)

#81 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM

I highly recommend the Revolution over the fixed wheel Bobs if you are going to be using for anything other than jogging - I have used a Bob fixed wheel for walking and it's a PITA to turn (which is kind of what you want if you are jogging, but the swivel wheel option is SO much nicer while out and about). I'm actually looking for a good used Bob Duallie Revolution or something of the sort (maybe I'll end up with another brand, but the BOB is high up there).

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#82 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Had hiccups way down low this morning and big kicks are feeling a lot higher up, so I guess that means this little one is head down and hopefully will stay that way! I've been very active, watching my posture, and doing pelvic tilts. I had a saline sono during my fertility workup which showed a normally shaped uterus, so there's no reason to believe that we're going to have another breech baby on our hands. Fingers crossed!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#83 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Still  here, I've been reading, but not posting for a bit -- not much new to report.  Hard to believe that I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow -- down to 2 week visits already!

Add me to the sick list, I've had a bad cold since Thursday and it is starting to tick me off.  I miss breathing and not haveing a runny nose all the time.  It's WAY better than the bronchitis I had earlier, but still.

I feel like the little guy is running out of room already, a lot of his movements take my breath away and have me squirming -- and we all know that isn't going to get better in the next 2 months!  I haven't been drinking nearly as much water as I should, can that lead to lower fluid levels or anything?  I will have an appt early this week and will have my m/w feel and see what she thinks.  I haven't gained much weight (6-9 pounds), and while that thrills me on my end, I want to make sure he is growing and getting all he needs.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#84 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 05:24 PM

You all have reminded me that I should start working on positioning soon. I think DD2 was posterior, or something. I know she was a few weeks before labor started, and I thought she had turned with all the chiro visits, sitting on the ball, hanging out on all fours, but I had the worst hip pain during contractions. So I'm assuming she was malpositioned - I've never met anybody else who had hip pain like that during labor...

That's it for now, there's an annoying delay between my typing and the text appearing and I quit!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#85 of 146 Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM

Kalamos- Not sure about where you're at, but here there's a bunch of BOB dualies on craigslist.

#86 of 146 Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 AM

Yeah, we are in Portland area now, found some up here, but at the prices they are asking, I might as well get a new one (the duallie revos are going for 400-425! and the deal on rei and amazon is 440 for new). I'm going to check out an older one tomorrow, but if that doesn't work out, I will probably just get one off of ebay - I got given an ebay gift card ages ago and need to use it.

#87 of 146 Old 02-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!

DP took me underwear shopping at motherhood yesterday b/c all the ones I got earlier on are getting too small.  I also needed new bras.  I don't know how anyone can possibly go nursing bra shopping alone.  I would have been in tears in the dressing room if DP wasn't there.  Between trying to guestimate sizes, the fact that none of them are the same, and having all the extra hook things on the back I really would have lost it.  DP was so great.  I told him I only like demi cups and guessed the size I might need and he took it from there.  He was in and out of the dressing room at least 4 times getting different sizes and styles and helped me clasp the backs (I'm used to two hooks for my normally less than A cup boobs, clasping three hooks is like trying to write with the wrong hand).  He had some pretty funny conversations with the sales lady, I wish I could have video taped him.  I am so lucky to have such a sweet and supportive partner. 

I'm still sick but am trying to be in good spirits.  My nose/ mouth/ eyes are so itchy, it's really annoying.  I can't wait for this cold to go away.  At least the kids and DP already had it so once I'm over it I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Kalamos- That's pretty crazy for a used one.  I found a used duallie on the Eugene CL for $275 over the weekend, but not sure what kind of condition it's in.

#88 of 146 Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM

that is really sweet deirdre

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#89 of 146 Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM

Deirdre:  I'll bet your DH loved every minute of bra shopping with you.  I know my DH would (with me, of course!)

DH and 3 of the kids showed up with flowers today at work for me which was so sweet.  They are gorgeous and it was a fun surprise.

I had my app't today.  Only gained 2 pounds which I think was great considering all of the sweets we had this weekend.  She told me to lower my carb intake which I plan on doing tomorrow.  I'm enjoying my dinner out with DH tonight.  This kid is either transverse of OP.  She thought she could feel a head down low, but couldn't palpate a butt.  We'll see on Wednesday.

#90 of 146 Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!

DP took me underwear shopping at motherhood yesterday b/c all the ones I got earlier on are getting too small.  I also needed new bras.  I don't know how anyone can possibly go nursing bra shopping alone.  I would have been in tears in the dressing room if DP wasn't there.  Between trying to guestimate sizes, the fact that none of them are the same, and having all the extra hook things on the back I really would have lost it.  DP was so great.  I told him I only like demi cups and guessed the size I might need and he took it from there.  He was in and out of the dressing room at least 4 times getting different sizes and styles and helped me clasp the backs (I'm used to two hooks for my normally less than A cup boobs, clasping three hooks is like trying to write with the wrong hand).  He had some pretty funny conversations with the sales lady, I wish I could have video taped him.  I am so lucky to have such a sweet and supportive partner. 

I'm still sick but am trying to be in good spirits.  My nose/ mouth/ eyes are so itchy, it's really annoying.  I can't wait for this cold to go away.  At least the kids and DP already had it so once I'm over it I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Kalamos- That's pretty crazy for a used one.  I found a used duallie on the Eugene CL for $275 over the weekend, but not sure what kind of condition it's in.

Yeah, I saw that one - it is the fixed wheel though. I went to REI today to see what they had and the duallie Revolutions are marked down even further  to 425! Total out of the store cost was 413 (since I had a gift card for 13 bucks). The only thing I'm unsure about is that DD is almost 40" tall and it looks like she doesn't have much room in it heightwise (she has a long torso).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page