February Chat! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Miserable here too!!  Not as bad as some of you, but miserable all the same.  My job involves lots of standing and moving around, so that's been tough.  I got one of those pregnancy support belts and it's actually helped a bit.  We also got a Shepherd's Dream wool bed with wool topper several weeks ago and my hip pain in bed has been tolerable since then.  The bed is fabulous, I love love love it.  When I went and stayed with my mom and slept in her bed, it was awful.  Really bad hip and left leg pain :(  But now, with the new bed and using carefully positioned pillows, it's tolerable.  I feel useless.  Can't bend over, can't run up and down the stairs (we have 3 full levels in this house), can't do much cleaning, etc.  I can't imagine the next 7 weeks if it gets worse, so here's hoping it won't.

I am not ready.  I have a few things, but I really haven't saved baby things from last time since I 'wasn't ever having another baby' --Ha!  I don't even know what I have and my room is a mess and I don't want to dig the boxes out from the storage cupboards in my room to even see what I have.  Where is my motivation!?!  I have no name ideas for this baby as yet either, and I don't even want to think about it--that's how lazy I feel.

I have the rest of this month and then March to go, and I am off work!!  Decided that I just need a break, I am thinking I may have almost 2 weeks of time off before the baby comes, so that will be lovely.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

msmiles,

You're sooo not the only one! I've had a rough time this pregnancy with non stop fatigue and feeling generally useless. I have so many things I'd like to clean but I just can't find the energy. It almost seems like natures cruel joke to make us so tired and then it's impossible to get a good night's rest! I have heart burn and indigestion so bad that I belch up stomach acid. My EVERYTHING hurts.

If one more person says 'When I was pregnant, I had sooo much energy and did this and that and ran a marathon!", I'm going to scream!

hug2.gif

Kittn,

I get that weird clitoral pain too. blush.gif  I think the baby is pressing on a nerve.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry everyone is having such a rough time.  I've been feeling pretty crappy and uncomfortable, too.   I"ve been having a lot of hip and back pain and I've never really gotten any energy or nesting urge this pg.  I'm still waiting.  I actually went to the chiro 2x/week for 3 weeks and it didn't help at all so I haven't been back.  My 12 hour shifts are KILLING me.  We self schedule and this Sunday we are supposed to do our schedule for the dates starting 3/27.  I'm trying to decide if I can work past then.  I really would like to schedule myself up through my due date (4/8) but I am not even sure I can make it through THIS schedule!  I've also been having some little bouts of insomnia but fortunately its not every single night. 

But trying to be a little more positive:

1) our carpets are finally done and look GREAT! 

2) we now have a car seat, stroller AND I got some cloth diapers (my first ever!)

3) baby shower #2 this weekend.  excited!  This one is with the girls that I run/train (okay, used to run) with.  I'm so excited to see everyone- its been a while, since obviously I am have not been training!!   and excited to get more cute baby stuff and for CAKE!!  I love cake. 

I think its just now really starting to hit me that there is a baby coming.  I'm still having moments of panic about it but mostly I'm happy and looking forward to meeting my little man. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 AM

I need a nap at 7pm then I get a second wind and can stay up until 8:30 to put the kids to bed.

I know someone who is 30 weeks and is still going to a work out Boot Camp.  That's crazy.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

today i went for my 32w5d dr apt. I had an ultrasound basically to help me feel better. I dont feel giblet move as much as the other babies did at this point. turns out giblet moves a ton  and I just dont feel it. I watched it move on the screen but couldn't feel the movement . baby is fully head down and slightly forward facing (yuck) but more sideways facing then forward or backward. so his/her nose is pointing at the back of my right hip. estimated weight is about 4lbs7oz and perfect for dates. perfect fluid  amounts. we watched giblet sticking out its tongue and opening its mouth. so freeking cute! however the feeling I have that there is a softball between my knees is accurate. its giblets HEAD!

Im kind of ticked however. I feel pretty frail and dh didnt even try to get the day off from work. when I told him about the apt and the ultrasound his response was "well, thats the first day of my new schedule" grrr. whatever. im just moody and emotional and it really isnt his fault im a mess.

my cousin/friend came with me today for moral support. we are due less than a week apart.  i love having her around! she makes me feel less crazy. shes a blessing.

on a less positive note I lost weight this apt and my MV was not pleased. bringing my gain to just about 16lbs. I also was about 10 points too high on my GTT. but since I ate rather than drink glucola she isnt too too worried. she will i guess monitor me a little more closely

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Sorry to hear some of you are so miserable! I had such terrible pelvic/pubic bone pain with DD2 that it made my whole last trimester awful - I totally feel for you.

Had my 34 week appt today. Belly is measuring 39 weeks. No wonder I feel huge! I'm 34w 3d, according to my chart, and 35w according to LMP. Of course the office uses LMP, so now I'm starting weekly appointments! Yikes!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM

Sorry to all of the uncomfy mamas, it is not easy to keep going when you are in pain like that!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 PM

Hi everyone.  I feel for you mamas with a lot of pain, especially those who work! StarCat. I can't fathom 12 hour days!   I feel like I have managed my pubic pain fairly well with the chiro, pillows in bed, knowing how to sit, and a support belt. No itchy stretch marks this time! They're there but not itchy!  My belly and inner thighs were SO itchy last pregnancy, there would be puffy lines and I'd scratch them a ton.

I've started to need daily naps. I'm 33w3d. I'm counting first to the weekend before 37 weeks when I can have a homebirth if I go into labor. After that, I don't care too much. I don't really have any reason to think I'd go before then, I just worry.

Today is DH and my 3rd anniversary! Our 22 mo DS stayed with my parents while we went to the Oregon Coast for two nights, just got back to my parents today. I'm looking forward to getting back into my own bed tomorrow. Their guest bed is hard!  I don't want to weigh myself after all the eating we did on our trip! How is everyone else doing with weight? I have gained about 30 lbs so far, and that is less than last pregnancy so I'm glad (I was already 30lbs overweight).

How STRONG and FIT do you all feel? I feel like I need to be stronger physically, have any of you worked out regularly or do many feel pathetic when it comes to endurance?  I'm winded going up stairs, which I know is normal but I also feel so weak!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 AM

hug2.gifTo all of you feeling the worst parts of pregnancy.

Had my MW appt and my glucose was super high on the urnie test.  So I have to do the 2 hour GTT test which sucks because now I have to find someone to watch the kids while I'm doing the test.  They were driving me crazy today.  DD had a HUGE meltdown at Walmart this morning and DS decided that it would be good to sit down in the middle of an intersection while we were crossing.

I'm so stressed.  I hate being restricted about what I eat.  I have to be careful otherwise I start obsessing and limiting my intake to the point that I'm not taking in enough calories. :(

Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I don't have any energy and have more pains with this pregnancy than I've had before too. One thing that gets me is the ZERO nesting urge this time around. I just have no nesting urge or rush for this baby. I am getting baby things together and making sure I have everything but it's more out of necessity and feels the same as buying groceries or household items to me. Nothing like the nesting/baby fever I had with the first two. I know there's a lot of uncertainty with this pregnancy and I think that is part of it. I wonder if the nesting will kick in in the last couple of weeks. Right now I'm just getting things out of need and freaking out over how close it's getting. Dh's latest job post is 6 wks and I'm not sure at the end of it if I'll be in labor or baby coming in a couple of weeks etc. It's freaking me out that it's getting so close and maybe may be here soon. I'm terribly not ready for having another baby yet. I'm sure I'll be drooling over baby when (s)he comes but right now it just seems so surreal. Dh is freaking out too. We were both excited and happy about the unexpected surprise pregnancy to begin with but the closer it gets to actually having the baby the more freaked out we both are. I mean 3 kids?! Another baby? Oh my!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Went to my new OB wednesday. I like him and think that for the most part he will give me what I want...which is to be left alone! LOL When he first walked in he said "so what can I do for ya?" I said "um...maybe deliver my baby in April?" he said "ok, I think I can do that" ahahhahaa he seems very laid back. Will induce at 41 and some days if I go that far...which is PERFECTLY fine with me...lol. 

I've already gained 40 lbs...which I'm not sure how accurate that is bc my previous OB's office has an electric scale and this one was manual...I'm believing the manual better. BP was perfect. Baby HB was perfect. And he's measuring 2 weeks ahead...which again I'm not sure if thats accurate bc this OB went further down on my pubic bone than the previous OB. So I'm 34 in instead of 31+...yikes! My last baby was 9lb 2oz...and I'm sure this one will be big too bc I'm all belly. I'm starting to get tired, and my restless legs are driving me INSANE! I found an oil that will help...just need to order it. Epsom salt didnt help last night...but I might not have used enough. Did you guys know that you can drink epsom salt mixed with water if you are constipated???? hahaha I had no clue!

I have a dear friends wedding to go to tonight...and my feet started swelling last night...oye. But I'm super excited to go!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Not very strong or fit :( Before getting pg I was fitter than I've been since I was a kid, and now, like you, I get winded going upstairs. I haven't been exercising much this pregnancy, which is part of it,

but carrying 40+ extra pounds up the steps is another part ;P  I keep intending to start exercising more, but it's not in my routine anymore. It's been hard to get back to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

How STRONG and FIT do you all feel? I feel like I need to be stronger physically, have any of you worked out regularly or do many feel pathetic when it comes to endurance?  I'm winded going up stairs, which I know is normal but I also feel so weak!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 PM

Add me to the winded and weak list!  I have only gained about 10 pounds during this pg, but I was carrying about 30 extra pounds when I got pg this time.  Some of that was thyroid related, but I had also not been working out or anything for a long time.  I have a prenatal yoga dvd and one other pg workout video that I got 6+ months ago, but I have only done the yoga one once.  I am thinking about trying to do that one more now that I am done working, but it hasn't happened yet.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post
I have a prenatal yoga dvd and one other pg workout video that I got 6+ months ago, but I have only done the yoga one once.  I am thinking about trying to do that one more now that I am done working, but it hasn't happened yet.

Getting it in your possession at least counts for something right? biggrinbounce.gif

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 02-26-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Getting it in your possession at least counts for something right? biggrinbounce.gif

If only that magically gave me the results I am looking for......

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM

I spent the night in the hospital Thursday night and they tried to keep me again last night but I begged to go home. When I went to my appt Thursday my bp was 178/100 so they sent me up to the maternity ward to do lab tests. They kept me to do a 24 hour urine and it came back just over the limit to be preeclampsia which I had my with 3yo. It's not bad yet but they'll watch me even more closely than when I was just having contractions. Sigh..33 weeks today. I just want to make it another 3 weeks at least. I had DD at 37w because of the pre-e. I'm so ready for this baby to be here safe and sound!!

I made a list of what HAD to be done before the baby comes and we've got to get moving. This is crazy!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

I spent the night in the hospital Thursday night and they tried to keep me again last night but I begged to go home. When I went to my appt Thursday my bp was 178/100 so they sent me up to the maternity ward to do lab tests. They kept me to do a 24 hour urine and it came back just over the limit to be preeclampsia which I had my with 3yo. It's not bad yet but they'll watch me even more closely than when I was just having contractions. Sigh..33 weeks today. I just want to make it another 3 weeks at least. I had DD at 37w because of the pre-e. I'm so ready for this baby to be here safe and sound!!

I made a list of what HAD to be done before the baby comes and we've got to get moving. This is crazy!!

Oh no! Praying for you, mama! praying.gif

Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:

I've never been one to do actual workouts during pregnancy. In the beginning I worry too much about m/c and end up just taking it easy. Of course I still get out and do stuff but I don't touch the treadmill or camp out in front of an exercise DVD.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So sorry to hear about the uncomfy mama's out there!  It's no fun.  Sometimes my legs/hips feel like they are falling off of my body.  I know it sounds extreme, but he what can ya do?

This baby seems to have already dropped!  I'm due April 13 and have a lot of contractions - they don't hurt but I can tell they are there.  MW isn't concerned especially as DS1 dropped early and had lots of contractions with him.  Heck I had regular contractions 3 min apart for 3 weeks before he showed up!  Because the baby is riding so low though it means that I'm measuring a bit smaller just because his head is on my cervix.  Has that happened to any of you ladies?  wondering if I deliver a week or 2 early???

Oh yea, been in a total nesting frenzy.  During my week off from work I spent the entire time preparing for the baby - not exactly restful!  feeling better now though that things are getting pulled together.  Have a few more odds n ends to do before the big day.  Like, clearing off the bed for the home birth lol ROTFLMAO.gif

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 PM

I'm so not strong or fit.  With DS I was doing prenatal aerobics, water aerobics and yoga.  With DD I did prenatal yoga.  With this one, who has time, especially since the closest prenatal place is 15-20 mins away?  DH has been gone a lot and I just don't have the energy to get outside in the cold snow. Am aiming to do more after the baby's born especially since it'll be spring and I can get all 3 out for fresh air/exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

*hugs* Stacy!  Sorry things are crazy.  Hope you get to 36+ weeks!  Also hope that someone will be able to help you pack for your move.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM

Stacey, I'm sorry about the pre-e news!  I hope you can keep the babe in just a couple more weeks!  

Old 02-26-2011, 03:39 PM

not even sure if i've written in here this month, but i am feeling a little down right now. I am terribly stressed about leaving ds while i am in the hospital. I mean to the point of crying last night before i slept. He has never stayed the night away from us before, he is older (4 1/2) so he can understand better than a toddler, but I just am at a loss as to who we should leave him with. I don't feel terribly close to anyone, although i do trust many people in my family, I am just worried I guess. He doesn't like dogs much and pretty much the only people in my family that can watch him have dogs...My grandma was going to stay with him, but she has been very sick all winter, so i am reluctant to ask her because of her poor health. My dh said a couple of his friends could watch him and they really are our back-up because they are the nearest people to us, but I just am depressed that we don't have any grandparents to leave him with since my parents are passed away and dh's are overseas.

Which brings me to my other rant, gosh pity party over here...I am having my shower next week and it is a joint shower with my cousin and she has invited everyone and their sister, cousin, mother-in law, and of my small guest list besides my family, 2 are definitely not coming, one is probably not coming, and the other I am unsure, probably 50/50 will go. I know it shouldn't matter, but I guess it goes back around that I am sad i don't have that extra family/friend support, and it will be obvious at the shower...

As far as feeling physically, all is well here, progressing well, weight gain has slowed after that big leap this passed month. Will be 33 weeks on tuesday, almost got all the essentials on my list, dh is being a lot nicer these days, ds is being a bit more aggressive, I think he can tell the due date is getting closer. But other than that bit of self pity from above, I am doing fine.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Had fun date night with DH last night. And now we are having friends and their 3 kids over tonight for supper. They have 1 girl and 2 boys. My 3 1/2 yr old is not very excited about having to play with a boy. I told her that he is just like one of her boy cousins, but that didn't make her any happier. I think it was just late when she found out. I'm sure she'll be fine today. I'm hoping to get to Target over my noon hour, but I've been trying to do that for the past 2 weeks. We'll see if it happens today.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the kind words. We're doing okay. I feel horrible but that's to be expected between the contractions and BP. I see my dr tomorrow so I guess we'll develop a plan to watch the pre-e over the next few weeks. I way already going twice a week with one non-stress test per week so I don't know what else they'll do. I'm trying to get all the baby stuff done soon since they'll deliver me at any time if my bp goes back up, I flunk a non-stress test or something else happens. It's hard to get things done on bedrest though. Oh and we're not actually moving-I just meant we need to get moving on baby stuff to get it done. Sorry about that! :)

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Stacey- sorry you're feeling crappy!  Hope everything stays okay for another few weeks so that baby gets more time to cook!

BabyBird- I'm sorry that you are feeling so down.  I don't have family nearby either but fortunately have DH's family and they are great.  I know its stressful worrying about childcare during labor.  Hopefully it will work itself out for you before the birth!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 AM

I am so done with being pg. Done done done. I am 34 weeks today, but feel like 39+. And the STUPIDNESS in me is letting the nasty thought of induction into my brain. I'm so mad at myself for even allowing it in. I'm SOO against it, but I just want to be done and have a baby and not be physically exhausted. I didnt know how tired I'd be on the third one. This has been a really good pg, nothing to complain about...nothing bad has happened. I'm just done all the sudden. My feet are still skinny with just my ankles swelling a bit. I've gained 40 lbs, with 30 lbs still attached from last pg...so I guess having 70 extra lbs is making this harder.

We went to get groceries yesterday and I had like 10+ BH to the point where I couldnt walk. And he is pushing something into my cervix(has been for awhile now) and its getting to the point of pure pain. I'm wondering if I have a scar from my son, bc its wowza hurting when he does it. My clothes are starting to not fit...yay. And I REFUSE to go buy more! URGH! I cant wear DH's stuff bc he's way smaller than me right now.

Sorry for the whining, crab apple vent but I feel like I'm driving my incredble DH crazy with all my "I'm done" talk. I seriously tell him that multiple times per day. Poor guy.

User Tag List