Anyone else feeling done? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hate even writing this at the risk of sounding ungrateful...

Don't get me wrong, I am sooo thankful that I have been given the opportunity to carry another child (after the troubles we had conceiving DD, I thought I may never have another), and I am beyond grateful that I have been able to carry him this long, and I hope he stays in there for many more weeks to come, but...

I am soooo over being pregnant! I miss running really really badly.  I miss being able to chase after DD and roll around the floor playing with her.  I miss my clothes.  I miss the body that I had finally gotten back after having DD.  I feel huge and exhausted all.the.time.  Even now, I'm sitting at the computer because the thought of getting up to do housework is really intimidating.  

Anyone else out there feeling done?

In case you couldn't tell, I'm feeling quite whiny today.  Feel free to ignore me :)

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I'm beyond done and I'm on bedrest until 34-35 weeks at least. I have a cold that I can't take anything for  since my bp is high and the medicine they gave me for the contractions gives me headaches and insane constipation. Yeah, I'm done. Grateful for it all and I know it's all worth it but my body hits the third trimester and just falls apart. Very frustrating. I just keep telling myself that being miserable for the next weeks is better than a NICU stay.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#3 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

I'm beyond done and I'm on bedrest until 34-35 weeks at least. I have a cold that I can't take anything for  since my bp is high and the medicine they gave me for the contractions gives me headaches and insane constipation. Yeah, I'm done. Grateful for it all and I know it's all worth it but my body hits the third trimester and just falls apart. Very frustrating. I just keep telling myself that being miserable for the next weeks is better than a NICU stay.

Oh man! That does stink... Hang in there! You are so right about it being all worth it.  Knowing how bad it can be, a lot of us sign-up for it time and time again ;)  I hope you find a little comfort and that your little one keeps baking for many more weeks.  

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#4 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Yep..me. I'm just on the verge of starting to be done. I'm still good most of the day...

I remember with my other two, sitting on the bed or chair crying my eyes out around 37/38 weeks bc I was soooo done. I'm about 99.9% sure this will happen again in not so many weeks from now.

My SPD is starting up, which means I wont be able to walk normal at any given time of day. And it is going to flipping ice/snow AGAIN tomorrow...in TX..for the second time in two weeks. Last week we were stuck for four days in the house. Ugh.
#5 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM

My body is starting to hit that point.  My hips are really achy.  I am getting out of breath super easy.  Work is getting REALLY hard for me.  But I am not ready emotionally and our home isn't ready at all- we are just getting into the swing of things with getting the house ready.  I think in another month I will be pretty over it. 

I am still loving feeling him move and enjoying that this will be the last time for that. 

I am totally with you on missing running, missing the body.  I had just gotten to pre-pregnancy shape again after 5 years! It's so hard to believe a few months ago I was doing triathlons and now I can barely make it up a flight of stairs. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#6 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm enjoying the movement too since I know we're done this time. I was trying to nap today and the baby just went crazy bouncing up and down on my cervix. It was funny.

I miss my prepregnancy body too. I wasn't running but I was going tons of weigh lifting and interval training. I was in good shape and felt really strong. I miss that feeling.

Hang in there everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

I am still loving feeling him move and enjoying that this will be the last time for that. 

I am totally with you on missing running, missing the body.  I had just gotten to pre-pregnancy shape again after 5 years! It's so hard to believe a few months ago I was doing triathlons and now I can barely make it up a flight of stairs. 

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#7 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM

I'm not feeling done, per se, in that I'm not huge and ungainly and uncomfortable ---yet. But I'm feeling ready to be done just the same. SPD is going strong, and has been for many weeks. I'm waddling when I don't look big enough to waddle... I shudder to think what I'll be walking like in a couple months!

I'm also missing the physical shape I was in pre-pregnancy. I was running and doing intense tae bo, and was in really good (for me) shape. I look forward to being able to get back to that in the summer.

Sorry about the bedrest stacey.. that's got to be so so hard. I can't imagine :(

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#8 of 17 Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

After reflecting back on my crappy day, I think that I should have re-worded the whole "feeling done" phrase.  Now, I feel like it is more accurate to say that the initial pregnancy excitement/novelty has worn off.  I felt so horrible for being too tired to play with DD even after she made her cute little pouty face and said "Pweeashe Momma!"

Overall, I am still enjoying this pregnancy, but the vision of our little family of four being together is becoming clear enough that I getting more excited about that than I am about being pregnant!

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone in this struggle!!

#9 of 17 Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 AM

This. 110%. However I've been so afraid to even think it let alone share it with anyone because I do NOT want baby to come yet. I agree it will be worth it to not have a NICU stay. Isn't this why their is pregnancy amnesia?? winky.gif

I never got this far last time and I never had the major hip pain, not being able to sleep thing last time around....at least that I can recall....so I'm done with the aches and pains but I do find it super exciting that I can feel kicking up by my ribs this time - not painful even....just lots of bouncing around which I didn't get nearly enough of last time! There's definitely a silver lining to all of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

Katie, wife to big TNT, momma to DS1 born @ 29 weeks on Leap Day 2008 and DS2 born @ 32 weeks on Feb 16th!
#10 of 17 Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 AM

I'm still mostly enjoying my pregnancy, but not all of the stress that is happening in life around me.  I'm done with all of that stuff - my kids are acting out, work crap, my dog died, crazy schedules.  I'd like to be able to enjoy what little time is left when for the first time in months I'm actually feeling really, really, really good physically.  I'm also done with work.  5.5 weeks to go.  But, I'd really like to be done now. 

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#11 of 17 Old 02-10-2011, 05:38 PM

um yeah. I've been done since the day I started.. LOL. I love my babies but damn i hate pregnancy. Im almost 33 weeks. Still nauseous and puking... I get up to pee every 1-2 hours all night long. My hips ache, my tailbone aches yada yada. I can't even walk normally. And Im still nursing my 16 month old and so ready to not have boobs that kill every time he latches on. Yeah Im done! Thats an understatement!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#12 of 17 Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
And Im still nursing my 16 month old and so ready to not have boobs that kill every time he latches on. 

Argh... same here with my 22 month old.  I have been using her nursing sessions as an opportunity to practice my labor relaxation techniques ;) 

#13 of 17 Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM

lol...I've been done for weeks. But...as with everything else in Motherhood, we do what is best for our children, no matter how we feel, or what we want. I think it helps to just be able to say it, though.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#14 of 17 Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 AM

I am done.  I love being pg, but I'm dreading the next year of pumping.  I have one child already with severe food allergies so I'm motivated, but dreading it.  I have an unpredictable work schedule sometimes and that makes pumping complicated.  And I have to fight for my supply.  The last 2 I didn't supplement with any formula, but it was a struggle.

DH apparently isn't done.  I wanted to schedule an app't with an OB to discuss the Essure (tying tubes in the office) and he is against the idea.  I'm a bit pissy about this because I agreed to this one thinking that we would be done after this.  When he leaves that window open I get a bit ticked off.  He stays home with them which I appreciate, but still I'm ready to move on.  I'm ready to stop storing all of the maternity clothes.  I'm ready to start ditching the girl or boy clothes that we won't be needing.  I'm OK with saying that we will be moving beyond the baby stage.

He says I'm not allowed to think about this when I'm 30 weeks pg (tired and achy).

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#15 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM

Not done yet but starting to feel more stretched out and achy than I recall being at this point with #1 and 2 (33 weeks tomorrow).  I need to get at least another month for my homebirth plans and selfishly want my April baby for several reasons, so trying to keep positive and not think about the uncomfortableness too much...

#16 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 02:38 PM

I'm not done with being pregnant, but I think I'm done with work. I only work 1-3 days a week, but I bartend and waitress. The hours are long and it's really starting to take a toll on me. I don't remember feeling this way with DD and I worked 5-7 days a week and I was in school. I took this semester off (can't really start a program because we're moving in June) and thought that would be helpful, but now I think it's just made me lazy :) I get the worst BH on Saturdays when the music is really loud and I have this overwhelming fear labor will start while I'm at work. Eventually I'll bring this up with my MW. If she orders no work then I can start my SDI.

I definitely miss playing rough with DD too. It'll start to warm up soon and we can go to the beach, but I don't know if I'll have the energy to chase her through the sand.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#17 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

Argh... same here with my 22 month old.  I have been using her nursing sessions as an opportunity to practice my labor relaxation techniques ;) 

Gosh, true dat! Nursing my 31mo here. I counted it out and between the miscarriages and this pregnancy, I have been pregnant for 55 weeks since June of 09. I'm SO over the being pregnant - especially the heartburn and peeing all the time. But honestly, this pregnancy has been much much easier than mine with DD, so I can't say too much - plus, I'm so not ready, though I'm feeling very nesty lately. 

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page