Anybody's baby settled head-down already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm going on 31 weeks and this little one is still flipping back and forth regularly. The past several days I've had low hiccups and high kicks, but today I have a big hard head right under my ribs, so it seems baby is breech again. This early I'm not terribly worried about it, but here's hoping s/he flips vertex soon and stays that way!

Has anyone's baby settled into what seems to be a permanent vertex position yet?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

baby has definitely settled. I feel like she's been head down for a couple weeks now. I'm 29 weeks. I had an ultrasound last friday and she was head down. I usually feel her feet in my left side or my ribs, and her head pressing down. I think you're doing okay, baby's still got time settle into the head down position. I may just have a bigger baby or a baby that's going to come early, ya never know!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#3 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM

I feel like this LO is head down and will probably stay that way.  I've been feeling foot type movements on the top the whole time and only pressure down low, so I think the baby has been mostly head down.  I am a bit concerned he/she may be posterior at birth, but I have been doing to the exercises on spinning babies to encourage the baby to go anterior.  I'm also hoping to get to a chiropractor in the next couple weeks to help with that too. 

There is still plenty of time for these LO's to move around and change positions.  If yours isn't vertex now it could very well flip before labor starts.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#4 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Head down today (32 weeks) but I won't expect him/her to stay that way. Especially not being my first - subsequent babies will move a lot more later on (so you could expect that too). But, being head down means that baby is able to rest head down which is good!

Baby has been sitting differently than DS did. He was LOA from 31 weeks on, and this baby has been ROA quite a bit, never left.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 AM

This babe is head down for sure, although I think as late as last week he was flipping to transverse pretty regularly.  But not completely breech.  I can feel that he is getting pretty big and I don't anticipate too much position changing from this point.  But I am going to try to work on positioning stuff daily (if I can remember!) sitting on the ball, hands and knees, etc,  My mw makes a point to say to me at every visit what position he is in and always says "but his sisters made lots of space in there for him and he could still change position and go back to vertex again so its no big deal yet." 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#6 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 AM

I think she's turned head down now, I'm 31ish weeks.  we had an u/s about 3 weeks ago and she was head up then, but I'm pretty sure I felt her turn head down, and since then I've been feeling more kicks above my belly button. 

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#7 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM

MIne is head down for now, after playing the breech/transverse game for a couple months.  I'd love it if he stayed put this way, but there is lots of time yet.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#8 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 AM

My MW today said that she thought she was head down, but wasn't positive. I do think that the baby is generally more transverse than anything, as I feel most of the movement low down, with hardly any kicks up high. Whole days go by with no high kicks. It's way early to be worried, at just 30w, plus this is my third and she's on the small side (or was, at our 17w U/S), so she has plenty of swimming room.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#9 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

my LO is head down and stuck firmly in my pelvis. so much so that it is making my hips hurt even more. my babies tend to drop very early. my last engaged at 26 weeks

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#10 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM

Baby was head down 2 weeks ago at the mw appointment....i'm pretty sure baby is still that way....as i have lots of vaginal pressure and am very uncomfortable 75% of the time.

My birthing ball has become my best friend....couldnt live with out it.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#11 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

I got some good news from the MW today - she thinks the baby is head down left occiput anterior, which, according to Spinning Babies is the best position.  Yay!!  I had been really confused because I was feeling all this movement right at my belly button, which I though meant a maybe posterior baby.  AND, I thought the bulge on my right meant the baby was on the right side.  I sure hope the MW is correct...and in honor of this news I may be doing some major squats tonight!  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#12 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Baby was head down at the u/s today so I'm hoping that is where she or he stays.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#13 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM

Doc told me today she's head down, and low (30 week appt). Otherwise, I'd have no idea. Does this mean the hard spot I keep feeling around or above my belly button is her butt?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#14 of 22 Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM

I had a MW appointment today and I'll be 34w tomorrow.  The baby was head down at my 32w appointment, but it seems she is transverse again.  She's actually been transverse for most of the pregnancy thus far - with her head on the right and feet on the left.  I felt her rotate when she went head down around 31w, and now that she's moved again, her head is on the left and her butt is up near my ribcage on the right (so diagonally transverse?).  I have an ultrasound scheduled for 35w and now I'm off to spinning babies and will discuss at my weekly chiropractor appointment about what we can do to get her in the right position.  My abs are so tight that we've been working on releasing them to give her the space to move head down.  Turn baby turn!!!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#15 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Baby was head down at my 32 week appointment last week, according to my doctors hands. But today she feels traverse. I've got one long backside, at least it feels like, in the middle of my belly. I had no idea that they could reposition after being head down.

#16 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 12:57 PM

i'm fairly certain my babe is head down now, at 34 weeks, but my last baby was transverse until at least 38 weeks and was still not head down until just before labor began. last pregnancy, we did chiro, accupuncture/moxa, and were prepared for an external version and i was so stressed about it til she just flipped and got into position! thanks for the reminder about the birthing ball, i think it's high time i get mine out of the basement, as i've been so uncomfortable lately!

#17 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM

I am 33 weeks and baby has been head down since about 33 weeks with a coupld of brief episodes of being transverse.  I feel little pokes on my left side so baby must be ROA.  The midwife always says she feels the butt/back on the right side.  I think it is some majorly cramped quarters in there because I am carrying super compact style, yet measure just slightly under (I was 31.5cm at 33 weeks).  I guess my abs are still super tight, the midwife commented on that quite a bit.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#18 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM

My babe has been locked and loaded since 18 weeks in the head down position.  Same as DS.  I get lucky in that direction thus far at least.  This kid is riding LOW though....I feel pressure and my hips want to fall off if I forget to sit down (who remembers when they have a toddler!?).

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#19 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM

Baby is ROP right now and she's also really far down and back in my pelvis.  I need to continue doing a lot of hands and knees to get her to turn the right way but at least she's head down!

#20 of 22 Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

I can't tell if this kid has flipped back to breech or not. There's a big round thing but I don't know if it's a head or a butt. I can't feel anything down low. It doesn't help that the baby is firmly planted on the right side of my uterus and will NOT move. For weeks now, his/her back is invariably right up against my right side. Is it weird for a baby to stay in one place like that? I get lots of kicks and wiggles and bumps but nothing huge that could be flipping back and forth, so who knows.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#21 of 22 Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 AM

My baby is head down.  Hopefully she stays that way.  Her feet are definitely up by my ribs cause she keeps kicking me in them. 

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
#22 of 22 Old 02-24-2011, 05:53 AM

35 weeks (tomorrow) here and glad that our babe's been LOA for the last 4-5 weeks! stay baby stay!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page