I reaally don't want to have to do the three hour glucose test : / - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I made my appt a week in advance online at 10:45.  We get there and am told " Sorry we go to lunch at 11, come back at 12"   Are you kidding me?!Cuss.gif  So I go to McDs and get two cheeseburgers, fries, a 4 piece nugget and a soda while I'm waiting hammer.gif

My test comes back at 134 and am told the Dr. will probably want to do the three hour test.  I see him two days later and he doesn't mention it so I ask, and he double checks to see what the cutoff is b/c apparently it can be 130, 135 or 140.  He lets me know that the cutoff is 135 and I'm free to go.  Two days later I get a call saying I need the three hour test Really is this necessary, please don't make me go!!

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Meeeeee, too, sister. I did the one hour glucola test over a month ago. I didn't feel a thing. I was so excited! I was certain I passed it with flying colors. They told me they would call me if I needed the 3 hour, and within 48 hours. No call. So, at my most recent doc appt, my doc immediately asked why I hadn't been to the lab. I was perplexed. She told me I failed the one hour with a 135 and was supposed to have done the 3 hour already. I was kind of furious. 135?!?! There are many clinics who hold that 135 and even 140 is fair and passing. I'm just being a poor sport about it, but still. I don't want to do the three hour either.

User Tag List