to the birth center for you and for baby?
I have to bring food/drinks for me as well as food to eat after the birth - probably something already prepared or easy like eggs or a soup/stew.
I'm not sure how much to bring for baby - definitely at least one sleeper, a hat and a few cloth diapers. I'm not sure if we'll need much else since we'll only stay for 4-6 hours after the birth if all goes well.
I guess I'll bring a nursing bra/tank for me, comfy pants, a hoodie, and phone, charger, camera & charger, toiletries, etc. I have to figure out exactly what they provide in terms of postpartum care - like tucks, pads, colace, etc.
I don't want to bring too much but I feel like I'm missing something.
I"m going to talk to the mw about this on Monday at my appointment. I think really all I need are clothes for me, clothes for baby. Drinks for during labor. I also need to pack an overnight bag each for dd's. Just in case of transfer. also a bag of activities for the girls- just in case they need stuff to keep them occupied while we are there.
I never really needed much the 1st 2 times so I plan to pack extremely light this time!!
We're not allowed to bring open flames because of fire hazards and I probably won't bring my pillow just because it's not like I'll be staying long like I did at the hospital. Music - yes definitely!
DDCC (I'm due in May). Here's the list my birth center gave me. I don't know a whole lot about the herbal things on the list, but I plan to ask more about it before the big day.
To bring with you:
- car seat
- hair bands/clips
- clothes for mom to labor in (big T-shirt or nightgown)
- Juice, snacks
- 2 large plastic bags to carry laundry back home
- pediatrician's phone number
- infant clothing (t-shirt, nightgown, booties, blankets, diapers)
- clothes for mom to go home in
- witch hazel (apply to sanitary pads and place in plastic bag in freezer for perineum relief)
- 2-4 extra pillows (for the "home feel")
- a lightweight blanket and sheet (for the "home feel")
- 3 large towels
- camera/video camera
- lavender and rose geranium essential oils for perineum compresses
- crampbark herbal tincture for after birth pains
- herbal salve for hemorrhoids
- after birth sitz bath for tender bottoms
- prenatal vitamins
- homeopathic arnica
Items to have at home:
- additional chux pads
- additional sanitary pads
- hydrogen peroxide for blood/stain clean-up
|52 members and 24,420 guests|
|*LoveBugMama* , agentofchaos , AllTomorrowsParties , AMG , bananabee , BlessedMommy , Dakotacakes , Dear_Rosemary , easydoesit , emmy526 , happy-mama , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Iron Princess , Jessica765 , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , ksp8eight , lactomom , lilmissgiggles , mamabear0314 , mamapanda123 , mckittre , MeanVeggie , moominmamma , MrsWhite , MyMotheringPath , NaturallyKait , nemodori2084 , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , pokeyac , prayingforpeace , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , Saladd , samaxtics , shantimama , Socks , sren , stephalittle , stephaniepifer , tifga , treehugginhippie , valerievalira , Wolfcat , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|