TMI question - swollen vagina? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

For the past few weeks, I've had this horrible pain on the left side of my vulva. It's worst when I lift my left leg or use it to lift my weight, like getting up off the floor. I've been treating it with Tylenol and ice, which helps. So last night I got out my hand mirror to see if I could see a bulge or something that would indicate a varicose vein or something. I didn't see anything like that, but I noticed that my vagina looked really swollen. Not the labia - the vagina itself, like the walls of it were bulging. I don't have any signs of an infection - no weird discharge or itching or anything.

I didn't notice any swelling with DS. Is this a common thing in later pregnancy or should I be concerned?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 4 Old 02-25-2011, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had that on and off.....sitting on a ice pack helps....but i did mentioned it to my midwife and she says it's fairly common. I did have her check me for a yeast infection and she noticed a little yeast but i didnt have discharge either. I went ahead and started treating it though.

Hope you start feeling better.

Alot has to do with the pressure of the baby and if you stand or sit alot.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 PM

Ugh, I totally have that too. It's not too painful but it is uncomfortable and makes the sexy time more difficult. I am not really doing anything to help it. I think it is the worst after my three 12 hour shifts. 

partytime.gifBabytime! treehugger.gifMomma to Wyatt born April 2012 h20homebirth.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM

12 hour shifts are THE DEVIL!!!  They are killing me!!  Takes me a full day to recover after working 1 day.  anyway....I have this, too. I actually do have a varicose vein on the right side which gets bad when I am on my feet for too long (sucks for me that I work on my feet for long periods of time) But just in general I am pretty swollen all the time.  This is all definitely new with this pregnancy I didn't have varicose veins or very bad swelling "down there" with the girls.  I am carrying him pretty low and I think that is the big difference.  Although- the varicosity thing started early on. like 20-ish weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareniswaiting View Post

Ugh, I totally have that too. It's not too painful but it is uncomfortable and makes the sexy time more difficult. I am not really doing anything to help it. I think it is the worst after my three 12 hour shifts. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page