Anyone else with a breech baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in TN. Some home birth midwives will deliver breech babies. There is also The Farm as an option but that is on the other side of the state from where I am located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMolly View Post

Lauren-I'm 37 weeks. I have a strip of scar tissue that runs directly through my uterus. It butts up against baby's head, which may explain why nothing has worked in turning him.

Where do you live that breech vaginal delivery is an option?

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#32 of 35 Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

There are the risks of ECV to consider. Placental abruption is the main one. I was also told that the ECV would be at the hospital in case of an emergency c-section needed on the spot.

I think the success definitely depends on the skill of the OB performing the procedure. I've never had a c-section and can't imagine it would be pleasant but it would suck so bad to end up with an emergency C due to an ECV. Ugh. So many things to consider!

I've seen a chiropractor twice a week for the past year. He hasn't been doing Webster's because he is not certified for that technique. C'mon babies, get head down and stay that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

I have a baby that is still constantly flipping between breech and vertex, which is rough because he/she will settle in the breech position for a few days and get me worried that he/she's stuck. Every few days the baby will flip but one of these days I know he/she is going to have to pick a position and stick to it. lol. I'm just hoping it's the vertex one! As for ECV, my MW has had very positive things to say about women who have ended up needing them. With chiropractic care most babies are able to turn on their own without doing an ECV, but in her experience, of the women who've needed to have the ECV, over 90% of them who had seen a chiro for Webster's had a successful version and baby stayed head down through delivery. The only women who were not successful with the ECV had also not seen a chiro for Webster's. Definitely something to keep in mind. Also, they do ECVs through an OB at the local hospital who has great success with them and they always do them between weeks 36 & 37 because they say that it the best window for getting baby to turn with enough room,but not so much room that the baby will just turn right back around later. My MWs will not induce (ever) so it's not as if their statistics are coming from an ECV followed by an immediate induction.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#33 of 35 Old 03-21-2011, 03:57 PM

SeattleMolly,

Im in the seattle area and I do know midwives that will deliver breech sometimes.  It all depends on the situation.  Do you have an amniotic band, or do you know what the scar tissue is caused by?  Im assuming you have tried mayan abdominal massage to help break it up and websters..

Also, as far as a doctor goes, if you are willing to do the drive, you might try contacting Dr. Gramann in Enumclaw.  I know someone who he delivered breech vbac about 4 years ago  now and many people that have had successful vbacs with him recently, just havent known anyone else that had a breech baby and consulted with him.

#34 of 35 Old 03-26-2011, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi ladies - just wanted to check in to see if we've had any flippers in the group. Not here yet. It's been just over a week since the official discovery of her position. I was getting obsessed and overwhelmed by my efforts to make her turn. I have gone through 2 moxa sticks (need to find some more), have gotten 2 Webster adjustments, had a hypnosis session and 3 acupuncture sessions but after the 3rd session she did not want to treat me anymore b/c she felt like there was a "reason" the baby wasn't moving. Her reaction made me nervous and frustrated but not entirely sure where she is coming from - earlier on she had said it can take 2 weeks?! anyways, i am thinking of finding someone else this week who may be more specifically targeted to pregnant woman and even turning breech.

i did get some positive news at my last OB appt on Thurs. They did an us and said that I/DD have everything possible "going for us" for a possible natural turn or EV-- good amount of fluid, baby is very active and not engaged yet, good placental placement and second-baby uterus benefits. So that was encouraging. I even got the name of 2 possible OBs at my hospital who would (possibly) attend a breech vaginal birth, so I am looking into them (but I think they are long shots).

There is a chance I'll be going in for EV this week but could be next. I am so sick of obsessing over this and just want this baby to turn!!!

I have looked through spinning babies too and was wondering if anyone has had luck or heard of luck with the head stand in the pool. I was thinking of heading to a pool this week to give it a whirl.

#35 of 35 Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM

I think mine has gone back to transverse... I don't feel that hard little head right under my chest any more. Not sure about the position at all. My midwife is going to attempt to turn the baby tomorrow (not ECV in the hospital).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page