has your babe dropped? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am cooking babe #2, due April 13.  That puts me at 34 weeks now (wow!).  Baby is definitely head down according to MW as well as an early U/S around 20 weeks (my babes like being head down early in the game).  It feels like the babe has already dropped, riding low and when he punches my cervix - ouch! 

Do you any of you have this happening as well?  I also have several contractions throughout the day...not too worried about those because I did that with DS1 as well. 
So, I'm guessing that the latest I'll go is to my due date...any thoughts on it?

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#2 of 7 Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 AM

I was convinced that I was going to go late with this one until the other night. I've been getting lots of BH for months now, so that didn't have me worried. However, I've been picking up a ton of extra shifts to try to save up money so that we can still pay our bills while I'm out on maternity leave for two months. I had two hours left of my shift, and had worked 40 hours in the past 3 days, most of which was on my feet. My BH started feeling more intense. Instead of just tightness, I started feeling crampy lower down, too. When I had 3 inside of 10 minutes, I decided I needed to sit down and actually take a break. After reclining on a couch for about 20 minutes, I was feeling better. With continuing to be on my feet so much, I'm now wondering if I'll even make it to my due date! As long as I go full-term, and the baby is ready, though, I'll be fine with whenever the baby comes.

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#3 of 7 Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

It sounds like we're in the same boat!  At work I am covering for someone who is on an extended medical leave of absence.  Pretty crazy!  Well let's hope our babes decide to wait until full term! nod.gif It's definitely very handy to have the extra work right before delivery as well just because of the entire missing work for a bit. 

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#4 of 7 Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

It sounds like we're in the same boat!  At work I am covering for someone who is on an extended medical leave of absence.  Pretty crazy!  Well let's hope our babes decide to wait until full term! nod.gif It's definitely very handy to have the extra work right before delivery as well just because of the entire missing work for a bit. 

#5 of 7 Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

#6 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 12:32 AM

It feels like my baby has dropped, because when I walk it feels like I am walking with a melon between my legs... ;)

Oh, and ladies - please take care of yourself regarding your work situation. I understand your need for extra money, but lots of BH sound like a signal to take it easier if at all possible.

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#7 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 03:44 AM

Oh man, ladies, please take care of yourselves! My doc said to call if I have more than 4 BH in an hour, so I'm thinking if you're having them that often, you might want to get checked out too! 

My baby had not dropped yet as of my last US 2 weeks ago. He is a big one though! They are saying at least 4 kg, and the head is quite large, so I'm in for a fun labor. He has been head-down for several weeks now, but I'm pretty sure he is posterior, since all the kicks are in my belly under my right ribcage. Every once in a while he flips around and I feel his butt or back on my belly, but he doesn't stay that way for long. 

Anyway, I don't think any of these things (BH, dropped baby, posterior, etc.) are indicators of when the baby will come. My MW keeps reiterating: nobody can tell you when your baby will come. No midwife, no doctor with fancy devices, no shaman. It will come when it is good and ready, and there's no way of predicting it. She says it's best to assume it will be 2 weeks late, that way you are not disappointed when it doesn't arrive on your due date. Of course, that advice is no good to me, because my hospital pushes for induction after 7 days past due date. Ah well. :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page