Marching into March Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 107 Old 03-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI ladies!

Our new bed finally came!biggrinbounce.gif  I thought it might be too firm at first and need to be worn in before it would be comfortable, but it's very good.  I have been sleeping like a log!  Last night I didn't wake up to drink water at all and only had to go to the bathroom once.  I am still tossing and turning a bit, but my hips and back hurt way less.  I am really amazed at how much of a difference it makes for my hip pain and just at how much better I am sleeping.  I am so glad we got it!  When it came we also rearranged our room to make space for the birth tub and it's like a whole new room.  That was one of the bigger things on our to do list, so I'm really glad we go  it done.

I ordered the Polly Jean's and am waiting for it to come in the mail.  I am supposed to start taking it this week so I hope it gets here soon.  I haven't been having BH and didn't with my girls, so I am a little nervous about it possibly bringing them on.  But I guess that's part of the point, to get the uterus ready for the birth.  I really hope it makes this birth go faster than my other two did.  I need to go to the local herb store to pick up some RRL AND EPO and alfalfa and I keep forgetting to stop by.  It's right next to my daughter's gymnastics school, but it closes 30 min before her lessons start so it's not very convenient for me to get there before they close. 

I have been feeling very weak and out of shape lately.  I started doing the 10 Min Pilates Solutions Prenatal dvd a couple times a week and it seems to be helping with the tiredness.  But I still feel weak and it's making me a little worried about how the birth will go.  I know it will be fine and I'm strong enough to handle it, but right now walking up my stairs is a challenge!  I also have been feeling totally HUGE lately!!  I feel so cumbersome and awkward and I still have 6-8 weeks to get bigger.  I don't mind the belly, but my arms, hips, back and even my face is getting fat and it's really bothering me.  I know it's normal and just part of pregnancy and I'm trying to not let it get to me, but I can't look in the mirror without getting upset about how I look.  I feel so unattractive.  My partner is great about it and always tells me how pretty I look and so on, but I just can't wait to not be pregnant and start shrinking back to my normal size. 

On that note... I am totally over being pregnant.  If I could safely have the baby tomorrow I would do it.  Other than needing to give the house a good once over cleaning, I feel very ready to go.  Of course I can't will the baby to come now (nor would I want to at 33 weeks) but I really wish I could fast forward through the next month. 

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#62 of 107 Old 03-08-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

don't hold your breath on the polly Jeans.  i ordered mine 2/25 and my payment went through right away but never heard anything.  I emailed them twice to make sure they got the order (and because technically I think I was supposed to start it last Friday at 35 weeks- but I ordered it late and knew I'd be late starting it) anyway- after the 2nd email she replied and said they were backed up and expected to have all the orders out and they would be filed in the order received.  Hopefully it will get here within the next week.  not sure how much good it will do not starting it until 37 weeks, though. 

glad you're bed finally got there. though.  And good for you on the pilates!!  I've been such a slacker.

I've been having contractions all afternoon.  They were every 3-4 minutes but I think they are spacing out a bit now, thankfully.  I'm done, too but not so done that he needs to come now. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#63 of 107 Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM

I ordered Dr Christopher's Birth Prep which has similar ingredients, on Saturday, and it shipped yesterday. $17 after shipping...got it here if anyone is interested. My midwife cleared it.

http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/dr-christopher-pre-natal-formula-100-capsules.html?osCsid=ebb149dc27209bfd6e3f8cff4913f104

I just read a note on one of the pollyjean sites and it says other brands don't give you enough...which is true. I calculated how much Birth Prep I'd take over 6 weeks and it's 189 pills, and I bought a bottle of 100. So, I may get another bottle and it'll be about the same as Polly-Jean.

ETA: Did anyone look previously at Dr. Christopher's and opt for Polly-Jean? I was just curious about the differences.

Birth Prep: Squawvine Herb, Blessed Thistle Herb, Black Cohosh Root, Pennyroyal 4:1 Extract Powder, False Unicorn Root, Organic Red Raspberry Leaf , Wildcrafted Mashmallow, Lobelia Herb

Polly-Jean:

squawvine  • blue cohosh
         • blessed thistle  • red raspberry leaf
         • false unicorn  • motherwort
         • wild ginger  • lobelia
         • wild yam  • bayberry root bark

There are some herbal differences. I wonder if the ginge in PJ helps with nausea in labor.  I'm not sure what bayberry root bark does.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#64 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

i actually did a little bit of research on this and willlet you know what I found. 

with my 1st 2  pregnancies I did 5W because that is what the midwife sold and recommended.  I didn't realize there were options.  This time I looked into it more and found there are several brands to choose from.  The main ones being the 5w, Dr. Christophers, Polly Jeans and mouthain meadows gentle birth.  The pj's and gentle birth are very similar in formula.  Those are the 2 I liked the best.  I'm certainly no expert in herbs but the 5W doesn'thave as much stuff.  Is basically a uterine toner.  the others have additional herbs that are supposed to help with bleeding and milk production.  Basically postpartum issues as well.  

I ruled out the dr christophers because it looks like some people complained about the penny royal causing an increase in braxton hicks/uterine cramping but not with productive contractions.  the bayberry root bark in the pj's and gentle birth is supposed to help with bleeding. The postpartum bleeding thing is a big issue for me.  I have big babies, its my 3rd baby and I bled a bit more than I liked last time.  Didn't need pit or anything but we kept a pretty close eye on it for the first few hours after delivery.  So the extra herbs to help with that were important to me.

I was SOO close to ordering the gentle birth.  Its a liquid and that has pro's and cons to it.   the 4oz bottle should lastfor the full 5 weeks.  also, you can order it w/o the blue cohosh and w/o red raspberry.  Ultimately I ended up ordering the polly jeans.  It is a capsule and they send you enough for 5+ weeks for the same price but it includes shipping so it ends up being a little biit less.  I also like to try to support a family business where I can and this is a small family run operation.  Right now I kinda wish that I had ordered the gentle birth- because it is from a larger company and I would have had it by now!!    I ordered at 34 weeks and this Friday will be 36 weeks and I probably won't get it until next week at the soonest.  As I said in the earlier post- I did email them and finally got a response and they said they are behind with orders and they would be going out soon.  Hopefully it gets here quickly.  They do say on the website to order by 32 weeks to ensure you get it in time, which I did not, so I guess thats my fault.

anyway, as I said I'm not an herbal expert and I may be interested in different things that what others are.  I'm sure they are all great formulas and you can't really go wrong with any of it.  Hopefully my research on it can help someone else!!  But learn from me... if you are planning on doing something and you haven't ordered then order now!!! 

#65 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 AM

That's helpful to know and consistent with what I've been reading in this long thread (below) that I must have bookmarked ages ago and never read. (I was actually hoping I had bookmarked something I read months ago about THE best remedy/prevention for after pains and I can't find it. greensad.gif). It's a helpful discussion comparing 5W and Gentle Birth. My birth prep (Dr. Christophers) just arrived today so I think I'll take that, but I remember reading in that thread, like you said, about cramping from penny royal, so I'll see how it goes.

It IS pretty awesome how these labor prep herbs really seem to move things along. The general consensus in the long thread was that it didn't make baby come any earlier, but labor was very efficient when it did start.  At least with Gentle Birth, the majority of people reported having advance dilation before they were really getting uncomfortable.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,15472.0.html

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#66 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 AM

whew! I was out of town over the weekend and it's almost finals week here (ugh, LOTS of grading) so I've been out of the loop.

I.DID. NOT. SLEEP. last night. I'm in hell. It's been four days of hardly sleeping and last night there was no reason not to--nothing to get up for, just looking for a nice restful night. Nope. It took me two hours to achieve anything even approximating solid sleep (just kind of restlessly drifting in and out of consciousness) and then awake again two hours after that, and then DH's alarm soon after that...I didn't get out of bed till almost noon and I still don't feel like I got any rest, and I have almost 20 papers to grade today.

Sorry, I needed to rant. I'm getting more anxious about labor--I am having a hospital birth but now feeling more worried about it getting out of control--my OB's backup said she prefers continuous monitoring through active labor. WTF? I thought that went out of vogue like 15 years ago? So I need to nail it down with my oB. I'm already conceding on the IV front (my doctor has had recent cases where heplocks clogged and she couldn't get vein access when she needed it). They say I can still shower with IVs and monitoring, but I'm worried. It's all such a huge unknown.

33 weeks and over the weekend felt something akin to mild menstrual cramping, but I think it's because I was in a hotel and sleeping on a much softer mattress than I'm used to--it was lower back pain.

BUT, you know what my DH did? While I was away he piled ALL the clutter in one spot, then hired someone to come clean all the surfaces and get the apartment sparkling, "to help reduce your stress." What a sweetheart. I still have to go through the clutter piles (most of it's mine) but it's amazing to not feel overwhelmed by the state of the apartment.

Off to grade a couple so I can take a nap. Sorry for the whiny post.

nerdymom likes this.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#67 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM

I am SO DONE! D-U-N!!! I'm 35+2 and want to have this baby now. Induction is getting harder to ignore everyday. I know know know how bad induction is...but this pg is physically getting harder everyday too. Last night I got up from sitting on the couch to go to my bedroom and it felt like his head was in my vagina.

I'm not sleeping...night before I went to bed at 4:45 am. Last night I went to bed early around 10pm, woke up to go pee...was thirsty, and couldn't go back to sleep until about 3. I even took a sleeping pill around midnight and it did nothing. So I finally get to sleep, and wake up with a HORRIBLE headache. Ugh. I'm so over not sleeping. At least when the baby comes I can fall asleep when he is sleeping and zone out for 3-4 hours.

It's starting to get hot outside and I'm not looking forward to that bc a)it's hot lol and b)all the tanks I have are too small to wear in public and I refuse to go out and buy clothes for just a couple of weeks.

I need to go to the chiro BAD! But it's just hard nowadays. It's out of the way since I changed OB's and it's just too hard to lug two kids and then drive all the way back home(30 min one way) ugh.

Complain complain complain!!!! Lol I feel SOOO sorry for my DH..he is just an angel for outing up with me! I'm tired of hewing myself complain so I know he is too...yet he says he's not.

But I do have a funny! Ryan had the hiccups and I could feel them in my butt...so I took DH's hand and put it in my nether region...and he felt his hiccups!!!!! LOL!!! How funny is that?!?!?!
#68 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 11:39 AM

This gives me hope--my big worry is that, because my not sleeping now is mostly just mental overdrive (I don't mind waking up to pee as long as I get back to sleep and sleep soundly in between), that it will continue after the baby's born. What if I just NEVER sleep? And the comments I keep getting about "Oh, you'll never sleep soundly again, even when your kids are older" really worry me. I'm so seriously neurotic about sleep, always have been. I've canceled trips because I was afraid I wouldn't sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post

I'm not sleeping...night before I went to bed at 4:45 am. Last night I went to bed early around 10pm, woke up to go pee...was thirsty, and couldn't go back to sleep until about 3. I even took a sleeping pill around midnight and it did nothing. So I finally get to sleep, and wake up with a HORRIBLE headache. Ugh. I'm so over not sleeping. At least when the baby comes I can fall asleep when he is sleeping and zone out for 3-4 hours.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#69 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

This gives me hope--my big worry is that, because my not sleeping now is mostly just mental overdrive (I don't mind waking up to pee as long as I get back to sleep and sleep soundly in between), that it will continue after the baby's born. What if I just NEVER sleep? And the comments I keep getting about "Oh, you'll never sleep soundly again, even when your kids are older" really worry me. I'm so seriously neurotic about sleep, always have been. I've canceled trips because I was afraid I wouldn't sleep.

I found that breastfeeding was awesome at getting me to sleep.  Those nice sleepy hormones would knock DD and me out together all the time.  Sometimes if I was having a hard time sleeping I would even nurse her in her sleep just to try to fall asleep...

Also on the continuous monitoring thing, just remember that you do have the right to refuse if it really bothers you.   That sucks that they're pushing the IV.  I'm still fighting the heplock.  It hurts me the whole time it's in and it distracts the hell out of me.  I'm planning to refuse it unless when I get there I'm so deep in transition that I no longer care.

#70 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM

I emailed the Polly Jean's people and they told me my order should go out by next Monday, so it will be here in time but just barely.  I looked at the Gentle Birth and the Dr. Christopher's too and decided on the PJ for two reasons.  The GB is a tincture which I don't like.  Tinctures have been making me gag since I've been pregnant.  And I didn't do the DC bc of the penny royal.  And I also like that the PJ gives you a bit more than you need for 5 weeks. 

well.... I had something else to say but can't remember now..... pregnancy brain.  dizzy.gif

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#71 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

I was SOO close to ordering the gentle birth.  Its a liquid and that has pro's and cons to it.   the 4oz bottle should last for the full 5 weeks.  also, you can order it w/o the blue cohosh and w/o red raspberry.  Ultimately I ended up ordering the polly jeans.  It is a capsule and they send you enough for 5+ weeks for the same price but it includes shipping so it ends up being a little biit less.  I also like to try to support a family business where I can and this is a small family run operation.  Right now I kinda wish that I had ordered the gentle birth- because it is from a larger company and I would have had it by now!! 

Thanks for all the information StarCat! I did similar research and came to similar conclusions but ended up deciding to get the Gentle Birth Formula from Mountain Meadow Herbs. I didn't take company size into account when making my decision and MMH was started by a mom trying to find help for her son's serious illness - it's definitely not a huge corporation by any means.

Also, maybe a month after I ordered the GBF (I ordered it way before I needed it because I'm paranoid), I got a complimentary book with the founder's story of her journey with using herbs to heal her son as well as tons of information on the different herbal tinctures they carry. I didn't order or ask for the book and appreciated the free gift. They also sent a ton of coupons and discount offers with my original order. I will order other tinctures from them in the future because their shipping was fast and they seem to care about their customers while also having adequate resources to do business efficiently.

Another thing I found interesting is that they send a questionnaire with your tincture for you to send back after your birth so they have feedback/statistics about how well it works. I love filling out surveys and being able to provide feedback for other people to learn from, so I really like that they do this.

I want to clarify that I haven't started the Gentle Birth Formula yet and didn't take anything like it with my son, so I have no idea how well it will work, I just have really liked the interaction I've had with Mountain Meadow Herbs so far.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#72 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

good to know. thanks for the info on the company.  I really do wish I had gone with the GB instead- in fact, I almost ordered it anyway but then the pj's people emailed me back. 

Dierdre- when did you place your order?  I ordered on 2/25.  I'll be 36 wks Friday.  I should have started something last week. 

can I just say that I feel so cranky and agitated.  I have no energy but I really want to clean. I HAVE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE!!!   my stupid dog keeps flapping her ears and its annoying the hell out of me.  I can't stand to have clothes on for some reason.  they itch and constrict.  all I really want to do is lay on my bed, naked, under a fan and chew on ice.  EVERYTHING IS GETTING ON MY NERVES.  I can't live like this.  I'm annoying myself. 

#73 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Soooooo....I checked my cervix today. I'm about 2cm and pretty close to completely effaced. It's looking like this baby's going to arrive sooner rather than later. I just hope s/he stays put at least two more weeks, I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and I want to be at least 36. Definitely not engaged yet, which is a good sign.

I've been cleaning/organizing like crazy lately, but it's hard to say if it's nesting or I'm just sick of living in a mountain of boxes! We need to get back to our old place ASAP - we left the carseat base and most of the diapers there. Kind of important things to have!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#74 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:

good to know. thanks for the info on the company.  I really do wish I had gone with the GB instead- in fact, I almost ordered it anyway but then the pj's people emailed me back. 

Dierdre- when did you place your order?  I ordered on 2/25.  I'll be 36 wks Friday.  I should have started something last week. 

can I just say that I feel so cranky and agitated.  I have no energy but I really want to clean. I HAVE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE!!!   my stupid dog keeps flapping her ears and its annoying the hell out of me.  I can't stand to have clothes on for some reason.  they itch and constrict.  all I really want to do is lay on my bed, naked, under a fan and chew on ice.  EVERYTHING IS GETTING ON MY NERVES.  I can't live like this.  I'm annoying myself. 

I could have written this word for word. For reals. other than the dog...we don't have a dog, but I do have a 9 YO DD and 2 YO DS that aren't so Darling all the time right now. but everything else...yes to a 'T'. I'm 36 weeks Monday and seriously want to go into labor if I knew baby would be 100% safe.
#75 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 06:28 PM

I'm feeling pretty done, too. Recently, I started putting on my "pregnancy uniform", aka pajama pants, as soon as I walk in the house. If my SIL weren't living with us I would probably just walk around pants-less ;-)

It's not even 9:30 and I'm about to head to bed. My head feels like it's going to pop with this terrible sinus pressure and I just want to sleep.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#76 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM

hug2.gif to all of you feeling like crap.  Not much longer to go!

Blanca - you will sleep again!  I found that I became a more efficient sleeper after having the kids.  If there was a time to sleep I did it (like I stole a nap this afternoon with DD).  And Puddle is right - breastfeeding is a wonderful way to fall asleep.  Gotta love those hormones!

And have you gone over your birth plan with your OB?  If s/he signs off on it you can (hopefully) use it to your advantage if you end up with the back-up OB.  BTW your DH sounds like a sweetie to have got your place cleaned.

Had my MW appt today.  I passed the OGTT and am cleared for a homebirth!  I'm so excited.  I lost a couple of pounds since my last visit but I've been eating a LOT healthier so I think it's the less sugar thing.

I honestly have no idea when this baby will come.  I'm hoping that I'll have another "early" baby (but full term) and I think I'll be a little disappointed if I see my due date (one month tomorrow!).  The 1st of April would be good, it's also my B-day so she'd be a nice present LOL.

#77 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM

Oh my lordy. I just had to come here and vent about my pelvis. It really f*ing hurts, excuse the language. My hips and pelvis ache so badly. I hope I can get some sleep tonight, I've been having troubles in that department thanks to DS1. He is with his papa staying with MiL tonight so that she can watch him in the morning while DH works. I have a mandatory appointment with one of the OBs to get "permission" for my VBAC bright and early tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned because my feet were also a little swollen today, which I haven't really dealt with before, and I've been seeing "sparkles" occasionally for a couple of days now. I hope my BP is ok tomorrow. It has been normal up until now.

I know it is going to sound crazy to some of you but I have missed my family like crazy today! They've been gone all day and tonight I have to sleep alone for the first time in at least two years. I don't even know how to begin. But it's 12:30am here so I'd better figure it out, huh? Goodnight friends, stay safe, and stay pregnant, at least for another week. Then we'll be wishing labor vibes to people!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#78 of 107 Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM

nerdymom, that was me last week when I was alone for 24 hours at home. DH was away at a funeral and a friend took DS so I could get rest. It was odd, and as much as I loved sleeping in, I recall thinking how I'd never trade it for the world (having my son) and he and my DH fill my life so!

I'm sorry about the pain.  We were hoping you're doing ok. Do let us know how your appt goes.  Have you already been seeing a chiropractor?

#79 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WELL... baby turned breech! wth?!?! oh yeah and my fasting sugar has been high. crap. thank god im almost done

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#80 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Nerdymom- let us know how your appt goes!!  and I hope you are feeling better!

Mandy- I have NO idea how you can check your own cervix.  I have been a labor nurse for over 6 years.  checked literally thousands of women and have never not once been able to check myself when pregnant.  maybe its just my anatomy and its too high.  I tried just tuesday when I was contracting a lot but couldn't get to it. 

I had appointment this am and it went fine.  did GBS and also had leuks in urine.  Makes sense as to why I have been feeling so crappy, uncomfortable and explains all the contractions.  UTI!!  She sent it out for culture and told me to start cranberry pills today and we would see what how the numbers come back for U/A and determine if it needs to be treated with abx.  I don't mind doing them if needed and I'm kinda glad to have a possible reason I am feeling so icky and uncomfortable.  I mean I know 36 weeks pregnant isn't comfortable but the past few days have been ridiculous!! 

#81 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM

I'm right there on the "I feel disgusting" train. I feel so bloated, big and icky. I caught site of my face in the car window today and I look so pudgy. I've been really careful to eat well but being on bedrest the last 6 weeks hasn't helped anything. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't gain much this time around. I've never gained less than 40 lbs when pregnant. Bleh..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#82 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Alicia, thank you. I've been trying to get ready for this baby. I just feel the need to be done with all my pet projects (mainly diaper making) before the baby comes, so I've been limiting my internet time to ensure that DS gets the attention from me that he needs. And I don't have the money for a chiro, or else I would be seeing one.

Stacey I have the "pregnant face" too, not as bad yet but it will be. I don't know why but I carried DS in my face too. Blech. I avoid cameras right now.

Becca I am right there with you about self-checking the cervix. It just ain't gonna happen for me either! I hope you start to feel better soon. I struggle with UTIs a lot, in fact I drink a glass of cranberry juice every morning as a "just in case" measure. It is not fun.

Kittn that stinks. Did it hurt? I know this baby has tried to that once or twice but I'm not sure he can anymore. It hurts like bloody hell when he tries, I typically give him a little push to let him know it hurts and he stops.

My appointment went well. I awoke with no swelling, and my blood pressure was normal, 124/65. My weight gain was 2.2lbs, bringing me to a total of 24lbs. I was surprised to see such a low number, considering that the past couple months I've been averaging a pound a week. The doc was pretty positive about a VBAC, for an OB. Especially after I let her know that we want to have a large family, then she was all for, as she put it, "a trial of labor" Though she told me I have about a 50% chance of success, given the reasons for my first c/s. I had to sign a paper saying I had been counseled as to the risks and wanted to "attempt a VBAC". What can you expect from doctors, right? lol!  I'm still hurting but the doc did confirm that his head is way down in there, and he seems like he is in the LOA (left occipital anterior) position. I was able to take a nap,and DH and DS should be home soon I hope, I have missed them so much.

Is anyone here still having sex? We have pretty much given up. Between DH being exhausted from taking 15 credits and working, and my big cumbersome self, I think we are done until after the baby comes. I have no interest at all. I used to have a higher sex drive than DH, but now the thought is almost repellent. Please tell me I'm not alone in this...lol. My poor husband.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#83 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

Is anyone here still having sex? We have pretty much given up. Between DH being exhausted from taking 15 credits and working, and my big cumbersome self, I think we are done until after the baby comes. I have no interest at all. I used to have a higher sex drive than DH, but now the thought is almost repellent. Please tell me I'm not alone in this...lol. My poor husband.

Definitely not alone in that! Honestly, I haven't REALLY felt like having sex this whole pregnancy, except way back in the first trimester when we were in Paris. It's hard now because I get out of breath so easily and don't like my belly in the way and it just is awkward--add the no sleeping to that and DH being exhausted as well, and it just ain't happening. I hope we get our groove back eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle View Post

I found that breastfeeding was awesome at getting me to sleep.  Those nice sleepy hormones would knock DD and me out together all the time.  Sometimes if I was having a hard time sleeping I would even nurse her in her sleep just to try to fall asleep...

Also on the continuous monitoring thing, just remember that you do have the right to refuse if it really bothers you.   That sucks that they're pushing the IV.  I'm still fighting the heplock.  It hurts me the whole time it's in and it distracts the hell out of me.  I'm planning to refuse it unless when I get there I'm so deep in transition that I no longer care.

Thanks for the tip! It would be so nice to follow the whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing, and breastfeeding does sound peaceful.

Re. the heplock--I wonder if it would help if you requested it to be higher up on your forearm rather than your wrist? My doula suggested that to me, so that it's not at a joint and therefore not subject to as much jostling and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymama View Post

hug2.gif to all of you feeling like crap.  Not much longer to go!

Blanca - you will sleep again!  I found that I became a more efficient sleeper after having the kids.  If there was a time to sleep I did it (like I stole a nap this afternoon with DD).  And Puddle is right - breastfeeding is a wonderful way to fall asleep.  Gotta love those hormones!

And have you gone over your birth plan with your OB?  If s/he signs off on it you can (hopefully) use it to your advantage if you end up with the back-up OB.  BTW your DH sounds like a sweetie to have got your place cleaned.

Had my MW appt today.  I passed the OGTT and am cleared for a homebirth!  I'm so excited.  I lost a couple of pounds since my last visit but I've been eating a LOT healthier so I think it's the less sugar thing.

I honestly have no idea when this baby will come.  I'm hoping that I'll have another "early" baby (but full term) and I think I'll be a little disappointed if I see my due date (one month tomorrow!).  The 1st of April would be good, it's also my B-day so she'd be a nice present LOL.

Congrats on being cleared for homebirth! And thanks for the advice--I really hope I become a more efficient sleeper (I could stand to be a bit more efficient at everything :))

Haven't finalized the birth plan yet--will be meeting with my doula in the next couple of weeks to do so. I see my OB next week and my hope is that she'll be okay with intermittent monitoring, because I swear that's what she said was normal when I asked her way back at 16 weeks. I thought intermittent was standard for low-risk births, so it really surprised me when the backup said she preferred continuous. I mean, what's the point?

#84 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Kittn that stinks. Did it hurt? I know this baby has tried to that once or twice but I'm not sure he can anymore. It hurts like bloody hell when he tries, I typically give him a little push to let him know it hurts and he stops.

yup it hurt like heck. i have been seeing a chiropractor for the past two weeks which prompted giblet to flip heads up. we moved all his/her furniture around and I think giblet wants to check the scenery.

My appointment went well. I awoke with no swelling, and my blood pressure was normal, 124/65. My weight gain was 2.2lbs, bringing me to a total of 24lbs. I was surprised to see such a low number, considering that the past couple months I've been averaging a pound a week. The doc was pretty positive about a VBAC, for an OB. Especially after I let her know that we want to have a large family, then she was all for, as she put it, "a trial of labor" Though she told me I have about a 50% chance of success, given the reasons for my first c/s. I had to sign a paper saying I had been counseled as to the risks and wanted to "attempt a VBAC". What can you expect from doctors, right? lol!  I'm still hurting but the doc did confirm that his head is way down in there, and he seems like he is in the LOA (left occipital anterior) position. I was able to take a nap,and DH and DS should be home soon I hope, I have missed them so much.

exciting about your VBAC!

i want sex pretty much all the time . it doesnt happen often but yeah. most of this pregnancy I have had very little sex drive. that is odd for me because typically pregnancy = lots and lots of sex drive

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#85 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM

It is starting to hit me that this baby will really be coming soon   There is so much to do before he shows up, but part of me just wants the whole l&d part over so I can meet him and get on with it!  I had a really difficult birth with my third (nuchal hand, stuck at 8cm for over 6 hours, that labor took even longer than my first and was horrifically painful, clots afterwards that were not very gently dealt with, etc) and I am a bit scared to do it again to be honest.  My second birth was amazing, pretty much painfree waterbirth, only 5 hours of labor -- I'm hoping for one like that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

WELL... baby turned breech! wth?!?! oh yeah and my fasting sugar has been high. crap. thank god im almost done

I hope your babe flips back for you soon -- do you have a chiro to do Webster?

Quote:

Nerdymom- let us know how your appt goes!!  and I hope you are feeling better!

Mandy- I have NO idea how you can check your own cervix.  I have been a labor nurse for over 6 years.  checked literally thousands of women and have never not once been able to check myself when pregnant.  maybe its just my anatomy and its too high.  I tried just tuesday when I was contracting a lot but couldn't get to it. 

I had appointment this am and it went fine.  did GBS and also had leuks in urine.  Makes sense as to why I have been feeling so crappy, uncomfortable and explains all the contractions.  UTI!!  She sent it out for culture and told me to start cranberry pills today and we would see what how the numbers come back for U/A and determine if it needs to be treated with abx.  I don't mind doing them if needed and I'm kinda glad to have a possible reason I am feeling so icky and uncomfortable.  I mean I know 36 weeks pregnant isn't comfortable but the past few days have been ridiculous!! 

I have tried to check myself a couple times, but could only actually find my cervix once.  It is unbelieveable awkward when you are this pg!  Do you like labor nursing?  It seems like it would be an amazing job.  Demanding, but amazing ot be there to welcome all those babies!

Quote:

Alicia, thank you. I've been trying to get ready for this baby. I just feel the need to be done with all my pet projects (mainly diaper making) before the baby comes, so I've been limiting my internet time to ensure that DS gets the attention from me that he needs. And I don't have the money for a chiro, or else I would be seeing one.

Stacey I have the "pregnant face" too, not as bad yet but it will be. I don't know why but I carried DS in my face too. Blech. I avoid cameras right now.

Becca I am right there with you about self-checking the cervix. It just ain't gonna happen for me either! I hope you start to feel better soon. I struggle with UTIs a lot, in fact I drink a glass of cranberry juice every morning as a "just in case" measure. It is not fun.

*I* am not particularly interested in sex at all (never really am when I am pg), but DH finds all the curves unbelieveable sexy, so we re at about where we were prepg for frequency.  It is definitely harder to work around the belly now, and I have had a lot of ctxs after we dtd the past few times, but it's okay. 

I'm glad you got cleared for your VBAC!  That must be a big weight off your shoulders.

What kind of diapers are you making?  I bought all of mine this time, but I tried a few different kinds with my other kids.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#86 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 04:09 PM

Sorry so many are feeling crappy :(  I'm not feeling great, but hanging in there for the most part. Today I'm so ridiculously gassy. It's not funny. Usually when I'm this gassy it's related to food I ate, but I don't think it is this time, I kinda think it's just a preggo thing :P

Little girl is head down. She keeps having hiccups so I know she's pretty much staying that way. She's usually LOA too, although she moves around a lot, sometimes right side, sometimes posterior.

about sex - we still are, but not often. I'm interested, but being so big, it's awkward, and by the time we're in bed it just feels like too much effort. We catch some quickies on the weekend mornings when the kids are downstairs playing, that at least eliminates the tiredness aspect ;)

nerdymom - hooray for a great appt! And it sounds like your OB's being pretty reasonable about a VBAC (for an OB anyway).

blanca78 - I understand your worries. Sounds like you're doing a great job at advocating for yourself with your care providers. And like a PP said, you can always refuse. A MW acquaintance of mine has a mantra she tells her patients to use "I hear what you're saying and understand the risks, but I decline [ insert name of procedure/intervention]."

So some of us should be full term very soon, which means soon we should start having some more babies! I'm excited :D

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#87 of 107 Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

no sex going on here.  i've been so uncomfortable and now with the UTI. UGH! probably in 2 weeks when I want the baby out.  then I'll suck it up and go there but for now I can't even fathom it.

Holly- glad you got the ok for the vbac.  so excited for you!!  and your weight gain is awesome.  good for you!

Nadia- I think you are going to have an amazing birth- just like your second!  no worries- just focus on that instead of the 3rd!  and yes, I like being a labor nurse overall but it gets kinda frustrating.  Right now I do OR only.  So all c-sections.  which is kinda wierd since I am definitely a non-intervention natural childbirth person.  But its less stress and easier to keep it 'just a job' I felt like sometimes L&d can be soul sucking. 

One of you early April girls should start a full term thread!!  EXCITING!!!  I'll join you there next week!!  YIPPPEEE!!! 

I opted to get the macrobid and treat the UTI now instead of waiting for the u/a to come back.  its just 3 days.  I just am so uncomfortable and if it is the UTI making me so uncomfortable then I don't want to risk it getting worse.  I can't even recall the last time I took an antibiotic.  years ago.  but it just felt like the right decision for me.  hope it was the right one. 

oh and I got the polly jeans today so I'm only behind a week.  not so bad.

#88 of 107 Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM

rats, I spoke too soon! At the dentist this morning, I'm pretty certain she flipped to breech. I felt hiccups up high on the right side. i'm only 33-34 weeks so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's a little disconcerting. Neither of my others were breech this late that I know of.

Quote:h
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post
Little girl is head down. She keeps having hiccups so I know she's pretty much staying that way. She's usually LOA too, although she moves around a lot, sometimes right side, sometimes posterior.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#89 of 107 Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Becca - that sucks about the UTI, but at least they've caught it and you're on the mend.

Nerdymom - sounds like the OB is pretty supportive of your VBAC.  Hopefully things will go smoothly.

Nadia - *hugs* hopefully this birth will go smoothly like that of baby #2.  I'm freaking out a little about this one, so you're not alone.

Allison - hopefully your LO will turn and stay head down!

My MIL left yesterday greensad.gif but DH is back and no longer travelling far so I'm happy about that.  The weather here is crazy, snowing one minute, raining the next.  Our neighbour gave us a wagon and my kids are dying to go out and try it but they're still both sick so we're staying inside and trying not to kill one another.

As for sex - it's a rare thing around here. Between the exhaustion, sciatica and low libido it's just not happening.  Plus DH actaully has to be here and not away for work in order to get some LOL.

#90 of 107 Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM

Becca-  So glad you got your Polly Jeans in a fairly reasonable amount of time!

Holly-  Glad your appointment went well and you are cleared for a VBAC!  Yippy!  You're weight gain is reasonable as well... I think I have gained more than you at this point and we have the same EDD.  I hope you are able to get your stash done so you can feel relaxed and ready for the birth.

We got the letter today that our insurance will cover a home birth for us!  We would have paid out of pocket if we had to, but it definitely helps to have that taken care of.  So that is a nice weightoff my shoulders.

We have been DTD multiple times a week for the past month of so and I had to have a talk with DP about asking for it too much.  I told him I want it once a week or less.  HE didn't bother me about it for a week and I actually enjoyed it the last time we did it... go figure!  Now he's back to asking for it every other day (since I liked it) and I had to tell him today (again) that I probable enjoyed it more since he stopped bugging me about it so much.  He has agreed to back off again.  I was super into it with my other pregnancies, so I feel bad that's not how it is this time, but oh well- such is life.  In a few weeks when I want the baby out I will be the one bugging him for it all the time!

I am just about to start getting the birth supplies together.  I have a list of stuff I need or would like to have and am excited to start finding it all.  I am only at 33 weeks but I feel like I need to get this done asap.  I'm not expecting the baby to come before 38 weeks, but those few weeks before the birth will be sort of busy for me so I want to do it now. 

When I went to the chiro earlier this week he adjusted my SI joint and when I stood up it immediately popped back out and sent pinching pains down my leg.  He adjusted me again and did it sort of hard and now my tailbone/ sacrum has been sore all week but at least he got everything back in place and the shooting pains stopped.  I have been icing it for 20 min as needed all week and find that very helpful.  Normally I don't ice and do a heating pad instead, but he said the heat can make the inflamation worse.  I know some of you have having the same sort of pains, so you might want to try icing it.  I can't believe how much it helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page