Marching into March Chat - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 107 Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the positive thoughts for this birth everyone :).

StarCat, I was wondering if it was hard when you probably deal with lots of non naturally minded patients.  It must be great when you find someone on the same page that you can help (when you aren't doing the OR). 

I had an asymptomatic UTI at around 20 weeks and chose to go with the abx b/c I was having lots of BH (like every 5 minutes for a few hours one morning) and wanted to make sure that I stopped those if I could.

I think my babe rolled to posterior :(.  I was always feeling hiccups on my right side, but last night I felt them in my lower back.  So, now I get to double efforts to not recline (soooo hard, that is my favorite position to relax in) and maybe see if my chiro can help.  I'll see if my mw can get a good feel on his position, I have a hard time telling what each part I can feel is.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#92 of 107 Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 AM

Ugh. I've had the stomach flu for the past two days, started feeling really crappy the evening after my doc visit. My ribs are so sore and I have broken capillaries all over my face and in my eyes. Scary. I'm sitting upright for now, but I'm going to go lay down again. Andy has flipped posterior with all the reclining I've been doing, but I don't even give a hoot right now. There are a couple patches on the carpet that need a good scrubbing, so I figure 30 min hands and knees scrubbing carpet x 3-5 days + my normal posture and activity level should = return to anterior baby by next week.

Now I'm going to go lounge on the couch and drink some tea and watch some netflix.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#93 of 107 Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM

I'm back.  My DH set up a filter so at first I couldn't get on this site (or facebook or a lot of other sites.)  Then I could get on this site, but couldn't post.  Now he has worked out the kinks.  He said this site was off because we complain about our DH!  just kidding

I'm at 34 weeks.  I swear DH has been nesting these last few weeks.  I want him to bring the bassinet up so we can get that arranged.  Then I think we'll be ready.

I still need to find my "take me home from the hospital" out fit.  I looked at gymboree last night but the boy out fit patterns were beyond busy.  Very cute, but would not work to be photographed in. I think I pissed off the sales lady with the observation.  I don't want to leave it to the last minute, but I think I'll be shopping for it late in April.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#94 of 107 Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 PM

welcome back! i didnt like anything I found either so i made a pair of longies and a matching hat. add a lap tee and voila. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

I'm back.  My DH set up a filter so at first I couldn't get on this site (or facebook or a lot of other sites.)  Then I could get on this site, but couldn't post.  Now he has worked out the kinks.  He said this site was off because we complain about our DH!  just kidding

I'm at 34 weeks.  I swear DH has been nesting these last few weeks.  I want him to bring the bassinet up so we can get that arranged.  Then I think we'll be ready.

I still need to find my "take me home from the hospital" out fit.  I looked at gymboree last night but the boy out fit patterns were beyond busy.  Very cute, but would not work to be photographed in. I think I pissed off the sales lady with the observation.  I don't want to leave it to the last minute, but I think I'll be shopping for it late in April.

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#95 of 107 Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 PM

I was having a hard time finding something to bring the baby home in too. I don't like busy. A friend brought over a newborn set yesterday that is adorable. It's pink cotton pants and a top with a tiny rose on it. So sweet and cute. It has a hat too. All I need is some socks and we're good!

We had to go to a funeral today. It was really interesting trying to find something to wear. I ended up with a nursing tanktop I could barely squeeze my belly into, a bohemian tyle black skirt and a plus size cardigan I borrowed from my MIL. I got a lot of "Whoa! When are you due??" comments but it really did showcase the belly. I'm just glad I found something to wear. I'm living in my yoga pants and t-shirts right now!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#96 of 107 Old 03-13-2011, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

welcome back mclisa!! 

I don't really have a cute coming home outfit for baby or for me.  I wanted to get some nursing jammies for me and a cute outfit for him even though we are just going to bc and will be home in 4 hours or so.  I did pack a little baby bag and just threw a newborn gown in it from target.  but I'd like something cuter.  baby gap has some cute stuff.  problem is I don't know what size!!  dd2 was 9-11 and never fit newborn, really.  but dd1 even though she was 8-12 still fit newborn.  so I don't really know what to get!

nerdymom- sorry about the stomach virus.  that sucks.  I had food poisoning at 36 wks w/ dd2 and it was a nightmare!  hope you're feeling better soon!

I think I'm finally getting a little bit of a nesting urge.  I've gotten a bunch of stuff done today.  house is definitely not perfect BUT I think we are at a point where if the baby came I would be okay with it. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#97 of 107 Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 PM

I just got a mother's helper lined up for the summer. I feel a little bit guilty of having her here while I'm on maternity leave, but on the other hand, I know I will be tied up with the baby and feeling horrible the first few weeks.  At least the older kids will have someone to take them outside and play hard with them.  It gives DH a little break too.  She's only coming a couple mornings a week but it will be enough to mix things up for the kids.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#98 of 107 Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Deirdre - congrats on getting insurance to cover your HB!  That's awesome.

Nadia and nerdymom - I think the baby is posterior too, or at least she never seems to stay in one spot for long, rolling from one side of my stomach to the other.  But I *think* I can feel her hands move down above my pubic bone and I believe that's a sign of posterior position.  I'll be down scrubbing floors soon!

Michelle - you're lucky you've lined up a mother's helper.  I'm probably going to be using one too as I'm struggling now with both kids, I don't know how I'll handle 3.  Plus DH will likely be on the road again soon after the baby's born.

Friday night I was all congested when I went to bed and foolishly wished that the cold would move out of my nose.  Well it did.  I woke up a few hours later and discovered that I couldn't hear in my left ear - it's all pluged up.  I saw a dr today and I have a massive ear infection and a minor sinus infection.  I feel as though I've been punched in the cheeks.  I started the abx today and hopefully will be able to cope better tomorrow.  I figure if there's anything positive to come out of this pain it's that if my GBS swab came back + last week that the abx I'm on for the next 10 days should render it negative.

#99 of 107 Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 34+3 today and I'm starting to get that "Is this over yet??" feeling. I know I have at least a few weeks left, but I am so impatient to just be done and meet my baby! Especially since we haven't found out the sex and I want to pick a name for sure already. DH and I both have a feeling it will happen on the early side. I had the same feeling with DS and he came at 37+1. So it could be really soon.

Anybody else feeling the same way?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#100 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

I'm 34+3 today and I'm starting to get that "Is this over yet??" feeling.

Anybody else feeling the same way?

Yes! I basically had a melt down last night because I am tired, sore and DONE. We have been dealing with illness for the past 3 weeks. My DH and and kiddos got the flu, then my son got pneumonia and ended up in the hospital. I stayed with him the whole time completely paranoid that I was going to pick up an illness myself after somehow miraculously dodging the flu. So, I ended up with bronchitis. I'm on abx for that which knock me on my ass as a side effect. The kids are all off school this week for spring break. I'm exhausted.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#101 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 01:27 PM

36 weeks today :).  1cm, soft and babe is pretty low now.  So low that family was practically taking bets about how soon I will go!  I have never been more than 4 days either way from my EDD, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one is earlier.

Sorry to all the mamas who aren't feeling well or have sick kiddos -- no fun at all!  We just got over 2 of the 3 kids puking -- one was pneumonia induced, my poor 3.5 yo!  I am feeling very lucky that all I have atm is a cold!

For those looking, I found some cute take me home outfits at Carter's and babyGap, they were cute but not punch-you-in-the-face busy.  I also knit him a kimono sweater and if I have time to get longies done too, that will probably be his coming home outfit.

#102 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Hmmm....I like the girl babyGap options, but the boys just didn't click with me.  Must think about it.

34 week appointment went well today.  Heart rate in the 140's.  Measuring only a week ahead. 

#103 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

all of a sudden I am feeling so much better.  Guess maybe that UTI from last week was making me feel ickier than I thought. my mw called today and said the results came back from when we sent my urine and it was a pretty nasty UTI so the abx were the right choice.    I was SO done last week but this week- not so bad. i have more energy and am feeling like I could make it 5 more weeks.  even though I'd rather not. 

is this nesting energy finally hitting me???  YIPPPEEE!!!  I"ve been waiting so long for it!! 

Nadia- I love some of the babygap clothes.  thinking I might make a run there.

oh...and I pull in the driveway from work tonight as DH is calling me asking "where are the steristrips?" uh-oh.  apparently- dd2 fell and hit her head.  gaping cut.  not too bad but definitely deep and would leave a pretty bad scar if we didn't get it fixed and it looked like steristrips might not cut it.  so off we went to afterhours pediatrics.  and they glued humpty dumpty back together.  she is such a tough cookie though.  although bigger sister was mucho jealous of little sis getting all the attention.  its not going to be pretty with a baby getting all of the attention for a while!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#104 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Looks like I might have a baby at the end of next week. My BP is still up and I'm having other symptoms so the dr said he was thinking about giving me until the end of next week. At this point I think I agree. My pre-e experience with my 3yo was awful. I don't want to go through that again.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#105 of 107 Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 PM

I am soo far behind in this thread as well. *sigh*

Stayseeliz- I hope your BP hangs in there and that you are able to have a peaceful delivery without the drama of pre-e.  You've made it such a long way while battling BP issues!

I'm tired and this baby has definitely "dropped" a bit.  I feel like he will shoot out every time I sneeze (which is quite frequent right now; the pine pollen in our area is out of control!)  Is anyone else feeling anti-social? I am usual one to jump at every lunch/playdate opportunity, but lately I want to just hang out at the house (VERY unlike me!).  I am forcing myself to go to DD and I's regularly scheduled library time and playdates during the week...

We have our home visit with our MW next Monday, and I am excited about that! I just need to get this house clean!!!

I hope everyone is doing well; it won't be long before birth stories start popping up all over the place!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#106 of 107 Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Stacey, it must be nice to have an eta on your baby!  You've done a great job battling all the bp issues and averting pre-e, I bet it will be a load off to be done.

StarCat, glad you are feeling better!  Sounds like your dd was a real trooper getting glued back together, hope she is good as new!

Allical, my babe has dropped too -- I measured the same 33 weeks that I measured 2 weeks ago (I'm 36w now) and my family all noticed he was lower when I saw them on Sunday.  As long as he is head down and anterior, he can get as low as he wants -- the lower he gets, the less I have to worry about him flipping to a bad position!

More nesting here -- have clothes, diapers, carseat cover, swing cover, and bouncy seat cover all washed and ready.  I also got a new camera since our other one sucks and takes forever to take the picture, it will be nice to have that when baby is here!

#107 of 107 Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nevermind, didn't realize there was a new chat thread. Will post there.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page