37 week check-up! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my 37 week check up today because Friday's don't usually work for me.  (I'm 37 weeks tomorrow).  I've been measuring "small" for 5 weeks now.  @ 28 weeks I measured 28cm, @ 32 weeks I measured 28cm, @ 36 weeks, I measured 32cm.  I'm now 37 and measuring 32-33cm.   I had an ultrasound @ 32 weeks and the baby measured right on target.... they were going to do another one today but either forgot or decided it wasn't necessary. 

My bp @ 34weeks was too high so I had bloodwork for preeclampsia and 24 hour urine done.  Both came back great.  Two days later my bp went back to normal.  Today it was higher than that first time and then by the end of the apt went back down.  I'm throwing the docs all sorts of head scratchers I think (as if they're not used to it!)

The exciting thing is, when she went to feel for the baby, I was having a BH contraction.... I always assumed that was the baby's back/butt pressing against my skin!  I have never felt them unless I happen to put my hand on my stomach when one is going on.  Does anyone else experience BH like these?  Since they're "practice" ones, should I not be worried about them?  What if they come with a slight sharp back-pain?  How many of them per/hr is okay? 

I'm so thrilled to be "full term" tomorrow but hoping LO stays comfy till his/her daddy gets home on Monday!!!!

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#2 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Congrats on full term! That's funny what you say about BH--maybe I have been having them after all, because a lot of times I feel what I think is the baby moving its butt across my stomach--I actually thought I hadn't been having BH at all. Hmm.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#3 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

me too!!! every visit I've had I've told the docs I haven't felt 1 BH yet... then when she was feeling for baby she said wow that's a big one!!! Everyone told me I would feel my abs tightening up, but apparently feeling what I thought as the baby moving closer to my skin was actually the tightening?  Anyway.... funny indeed!

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#4 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM

That's what my BH feel like - like a butt being pushed way out.

Congrats on being full term!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#5 of 12 Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Yes!  I thought my belly was going lopsided because the baby would move his spine to the right, but my midwife said it was BH.  So far, I only experience them as "tightening," not anything I would really label a "contraction" with a beginning, middle, or end.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#6 of 12 Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Yes!  I thought my belly was going lopsided because the baby would move his spine to the right, but my midwife said it was BH.  So far, I only experience them as "tightening," not anything I would really label a "contraction" with a beginning, middle, or end.

OMG, I've totally experienced that. Once I was in the bath around 23 weeks and it was really dramatic: my whole belly was sloping up to the right. Also, sometimes I wake up in the morning and it feels like everything is all bunched up and hard. I just thought it was the baby curling into a ball or something!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#7 of 12 Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM

I'm so glad I read this.  I thought it was her butt too!!!  Maybe I AM having BH then.  Ha!

#8 of 12 Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 AM

My doctor told me just yesterday that it's really common to confuse BH with movement!

#9 of 12 Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM

Now I'm really questioning what I'm feeling now.  I've thought everything has been movements.

#10 of 12 Old 03-18-2011, 11:05 AM

Well, she said the main way to distinguish between movements and BH is that BH have more of a peak. I said there have been times when everything seems all of a sudden tight and hard, and then relaxes, and she said that's probably BH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl2008 View Post

Now I'm really questioning what I'm feeling now.  I've thought everything has been movements.

#11 of 12 Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM

That's interesting, Blanca78.  I haven't experienced any "peaks."  Just tightening.  I never notice when it starts or ends!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#12 of 12 Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 PM

Me neither, actually! I just kind of smiled and nodded when she said that. But I thought maybe others would be able to relate more than I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

That's interesting, Blanca78.  I haven't experienced any "peaks."  Just tightening.  I never notice when it starts or ends!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page