blood sugars - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i failed my 1hr glucose. rather than take the three hour I chose to test my bg  5x a day. fasting ,2hrs after each meal and before bed. my mw wants my fasting under 92 and post meal under 120. my fasting sugars have been high and now my after meal ones are high. today I pulled up a 169! I am a little spazzy about this whole thing. I cant seem to find much info on dealing with bg as a pregnant person. so where is a good place to look anyone know?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would start googling "gestational diabetes diet".  That would be a good starting point to adjusting your eating.  My doctor didn't diagnose me as gd, but since this baby measures big, she wants me to follow that diet.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#3 of 3 Old 03-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had big time GD during my second pregnancy (I was 39 with a family history of diabetes).  I have the good fortune to have health insurance, great nutritional counselors and a diabetic dr. who helped me negotiate the carbohydrate maze.  I did have to use insulin, but it wasn't that bad.  I learned a lot about nutrition, and I thought I already was pretty schooled.  There is a lot to learn and it was hard not to be totally obsessed about the numbers, the rules, etc.  I kept a very careful food diary.  My DH was super supportive--even packed my correctly carbonated :) lunches--which made it bearable.  Our son was born healthy and the diabetes is now gone.  I wish you luck and low blood sugars!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page