SUPERMOON!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Saw this in March DDC.   March 19 is a SUPERMOON!!  Full moon close to earth.  I know full moons can affect labor.  wonder if this will affect any early April Mama's??? 

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/astronomy/story/46417/extreme-super-full-moon-to-cause-chaos.asp 

anyone have any thoughts on it???

guess it would be okay if I went then.  I'll be 37 weeks 4/18.  But I still really want to wait til April!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#2 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The article says the full moons in February, March, and April are all "Supermoons." I've been expecting to go around the April 16th full moon since I got my BFP. DS was born around a full moon 10 days after his due date.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#3 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 AM

I ovulated near the new moon with dd and had her on the new moon...i ovulated on the last quarter this time and the last quarter moon in april is the 25 which ironically is the date I feel like I elk go from the beginning...so we shall see. I know my midwife had 5 women go into labor the few days around the full moon in feb, as well as another mw friend of mine, so I bet we will see a lot of births soon!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#4 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM

i am still convinced i will have dd easter weekend either the 23rd or 24th, i checked and i had ds a week before the full moon. Only time will tell!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#5 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

good idea to check the calendar! 

DD#1 was born on the 4th the full moon was the 2nd.  She was 39w4d

DD#2 was born on the 14 and the full moon that month was on the 15.  She was born at 41w3d

So for the first 2 my births really did occur around the full moon.  That would mean this one would be born either next weekend or not until April 18.  Since dd#2 was 10 days late, and april 18 would be 10 days late my guess is 4/18.   not that I'm going to make any set plans by that but it will be interesting to see what happens. 

this link has a list of all the moon phases for various years:

http://www.life-cycles-destiny.com/dw/moon-phases-eclipse-2002-2003-2004-2005.htm 

#6 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Oh, I would love to have this baby this month!

DD1 was induced, so I don't know when she would have decided to come on her own, but my labor with DD2 started the night before a full moon, and she was born on the day of the full moon. But she was 10 days "late", so I think it's more likely that this guy would be born around the full moon 2 weeks after my EDD, in April.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#7 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

yep....thats what I'm thinking, too.  If I'm having a baby near a full moon I'm betting its the April full moon.  hopefully the full moon thing isn't a pattern for me because this weekend seems way too soon (although technically will be full term) and April 18 seems SOOOO long.  I can't imagine being pregnant for another 5 weeks!!  But the April full moon would put me exactly where I was with dd2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post

Oh, I would love to have this baby this month!

DD1 was induced, so I don't know when she would have decided to come on her own, but my labor with DD2 started the night before a full moon, and she was born on the day of the full moon. But she was 10 days "late", so I think it's more likely that this guy would be born around the full moon 2 weeks after my EDD, in April.

#8 of 8 Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

DS1 was born on 3/13 - didn't realize it was 2 days past full moon - totally within the full moon period of +/- 3 days there.  According to Dr's EDD he was 10 days early, according to my EDD only 2 days early.  This one has dropped already, have lots of strong contractions etc...he just needs to not come this weekend!  Needs to wait until 37 weeks so I can deliver @ home.  I am curious though if it will be sooner rather than later as my babes like to come early. hmmm

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page