Nesting anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my fourth babe and I have *never* had anything like the nesting urge I have heard about -- until now! 

We had barely touched our downstairs since we moved almost a year ago, and I have gotten that almost all the way arranged.  It will be nice for it to be ready so the older kids can go down there and play.

We had a bday party for dd over the weekend and insead of the usual token vacuuming and everything every piece of furniture was pulled out and cleaned under.

Our closet was emptied and reorganized to get rid of some of the clutter in our room so we have room for the pack n play.  The kids closets are next!

I am going to start washing baby clothes and dipes today, at least the minimum of what I think we would need for the first few days.

It will be nice to have so much done when he gets here!  As long as he isn't 2 weeks late (I'm 36 weeks today) and all of my work gets undone.....

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#2 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 PM

My brain is in crazy nesting mode, but I just can not seem to translate that into physical action!!! I get started on a cleaning/organizing project and 10 minutes into it, I'm tired and want to rest. I have resorted to tackling very small projects at a time.  Yesterday I organized all my diapers into a dresser that I had DH bring from the upstairs, and I labelled all the drawers.  Today I tackled my closet.  It will all get done one (small) area at a time....

My mom will be here Sunday and will stay until after the baby arrives, and she will be a major help!! She did the same when I had DD, and I was so grateful to have her here!

rdevorah85 likes this.

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#3 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think my nesting is hormonal!  I always get into a fit of cleaning and organizing before an event (party, holiday, etc.) or a special guest comes to visit.  This "special guest" is coming to LIVE with us FOREVER, so it makes sense to me that I'm ramping up the preparations.  ;)

I've also always loved organization and label makers and filing and categorizing, etc., so this is the perfect excuse and occasion. 

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#4 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM

finally I started feeling a bit of this on Sunday.  His room is essentially ready and I did a bit of work getting stuff put away and organized.  much more than I have previousl;y done.  Over all I just seem to have more energy and am feeling better.  It's nice!!! Hope it keeps up through next week since this week I am super busy at work and don't have a lot of time to do house stuff!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#5 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM

I have felt this several different times over hte past few weeks. Re-organized the kids clothes...cleaned out our junk room. However....since we do live in Mexico i have a house helper who comes m-f and cleans...wellt he other day i wanted to sweep so bad but the foor was already cleaned...so i went outside and started sweeping the driveway....i couldnt help it.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#6 of 16 Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM

I started getting on the ball with things. I don't know if it's a nesting urge or if it's a, I better get this done or I'm going to be in big trouble when baby comes thing. lol.gif

rdevorah85 likes this.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#7 of 16 Old 03-15-2011, 05:18 PM

oh my goodness have I been a nesting machine!  My hubby just looks at me, smiles while sighing and says, "what's next on the agenda dear?" tonight is the mudroom! LOL I had a week off in Feb and I forced the baby room to get finished, painting and decorating included, lots of baby laundry et al.  It was impressive.  It's still happening, just in smaller chunks because it's a bit more challenging with work, a toddler and being 1 week away from 37 weeks and needing the babe to stay inside until 37 weeks.  It's been crazy!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#8 of 16 Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Awesome, go mamas! :D

I WANT to be doing these things, but I'm so freaking tired all the time. I don't remember this with the others, this dragging all the time in the last few weeks. I'm only 34w too, not super close to done. I am getting things done, slowly. Yesterday I finally got enzymes down on the cat pee spot in the front hallway, which has been stinking for weeks lol. That's my accomplishment for the week ;)

One thing I REALLY want to get done before baby comes is getting my oldest son's room painted. The weekends in March are filled to the brim, so I don't know when it's going to happen.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#9 of 16 Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

Awesome, go mamas! :D

I WANT to be doing these things, but I'm so freaking tired all the time. I don't remember this with the others, this dragging all the time in the last few weeks. I'm only 34w too, not super close to done.

Me too, Mama. My energy is completely zapped. dizzy.gif

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#10 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Me too, Mama. My energy is completely zapped. dizzy.gif

I seem to do pretty well on the weekends but when I have to juggle kids and tasks, I don't do so well and yep, my energy is very low too. Feel like I could sleep a few more hours every morning. I'm jealous of one of my good friends who is only preggo with her first and about the same far along as I am. She was telling me how she was napping during the day. No fair! LOL :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#11 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 10:13 AM

No kidding! My MW asked me this morning if I'm napping at all, and I just had to laugh. That just doesn't happen. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View PostI'm jealous of one of my good friends who is only preggo with her first and about the same far along as I am. She was telling me how she was napping during the day. No fair! LOL :)

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#12 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 01:00 PM

I think one I am home from work starting next week that I will do more nexting.  I've tried to do things along the way so as to not leave everything for the end.  There is cleaning to be done, and a little more organizing too but mostly I think we are good to go.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#13 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 01:18 PM

I'm still working so I'm using pretty much all the energy that I have taking care of the two I have at home and staying on top of the normal "stuff".   Laundry, dishes and bath nights are killing me right now.

I am definitely not nesting yet. 

#14 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Painting!  I would love to get to that too, but I'm not sure that is practical for me to get done right now.

I got the pack n play put together today, the last thing that needed to be done -- more to have a spot to change dipes than for him to sleep in.

I started putting things into the hospital bag today and made my list.  I will be really surprised if he stays in until 40+ weeks (36w2d now), it seems imminent.  I've never gone more than 4 days either way from my EDD though, so super early doesn't fit my pattern.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#15 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 03:28 PM

so much for getting a lot done on Sunday.  between work and class the house is a mess again.  I feel like i'm on a hamster wheel with the housework. 

blah. i need a maid.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#16 of 16 Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM

I took this semester off from school and up until the past five days, my "nesting" has been knitting and crocheting. Then on Saturday I had an urge to clean DD's room, move the furniture in there, vacuum and throw junk away. We have two large laundry hampers that are always overflowing and now only one is half full. On Tuesday I made DH move our bed so I could vacuum under it and throw away junk that DD hides under there. I even washed the walls! Yesterday I went nuts and swept, mopped and scrubbed the kitchen floor with a sponge. With DD I didn't get like this. At 36 weeks we drove to Illinois to be with DH's family and I only vacuumed, swept and mopped before we left.  I think part of it is because we are going to move in June (DH finally got orders to VA!) and I know that the house will have to be spotless when we move. Moving out of military housing is like getting teeth pulled!

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page