Halfway Through March Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hooooooooooooooooooooooow can you give this kind of description and not give a photo??!?!? i am dying to see it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

ohhh btw ladies today I got my belly painted. Now mind you I use to work at a horror theme park. i like blood and guts and creepy stuff. its pretty wild! very very off color, not even a little sweet, disturbing and very grotesque. but i loved it!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#62 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 PM

Kittn, yes, please post a photo! smile.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#63 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

is there a way to post it behind a cut or something? i dont want to offend anyone

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#64 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM

hmmm.... i don't know. maybe start a thread with a warning in the title? or, can you pm it? :D

Quote:

is there a way to post it behind a cut or something? i dont want to offend anyone

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#65 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I've seen images placed with spoiler alerts before (so you have to click on it to see the picture). But that was before the board changed, so maybe it won't work the same now, but can't hurt to try.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#66 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 05:05 AM

or maybe you could post it somewhere else (private album somewhere) and link to it rather than post the pic?? 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#67 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 AM

im going to post it seperatly on a different thread. first one will be an alert and second post the pictures

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#68 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 AM

Why do I have this feeling that I will be getting MORE sleep with a co-sleeping, nursing newborn than I am getting now?

Last night I woke up 7 times. Yes, I counted. Each time I got up, I peed, drank a bit of water and contemplated how I would rearrange my pillows for the next hour's slumber.

I also wake up stiff and have restless twitchy legs.

At one point I considered putting all of my pillows in a pile and laying face first in them. My belly just feels so huge and heavy.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#69 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Ugh, I feel you. My sleep has been unbelievably disturbed. Either I wake up and can't get back to sleep for a couple hours and feel groggy all day, or I wake up lots with dry throat and sore hips, or I just don't feel like I'm sleeping well (the other night I had unpleasant anxiety dreams all night, kept waking up sweating, my hips were KILLING me), OR--my favorite--I just don't get to sleep. Night before last I did not fall solidly asleep until...drumroll...EIGHT A.M. This included getting up around six to clean because I couldn't think of anything else to do and lying desperately in bed wasn't doing it. I had tried listening to meditations, short stories, playing games on my cell phone, reading, yoga, masturbation (!), everything...

So an hour and a half after I finally fell asleep (on the couch, because sometimes switching locations helps) my husband got up for breakfast. I managed to doze for another couple hours but I felt absolutely awful yesterday. It was all anxiety, too. I realized this when I told my DH I needed him to rub my shoulders and then I just burst out sobbing over frustration with the insomnia and anxiety about other stuff (trying to decide whether I really want my mom at the birth--she will be hurt if I have to tell her no). After sobbing for about five minutes I felt SO.MUCH.BETTER. I think I just needed a tension release.

Then our doula came over for a two-hour meeting and that helped as well--I am feeling increasingly calm about the labor as I get a better idea of what to expect (as far as that is possible).

For others struggling with insomnia or anxiety: I found a guided relaxation podcast (free!) called "Relaxation by Inner Health Studio" that includes one for pregnancy. I also bought an album of guided meditations for pregnancy. I'm going to try doing one every day. Both the podcast and the album are in the iTunes store.

Anyway, last night I was asleep by 10:30 (early for me). I had unbearable shoulder pain/tension so rubbed it with Icy Hot and took two Tylenol PMs. Slept super soundly until some unknown point in the night (didn't have my watch on), but managed to fall right back asleep until DH's alarm went off at 8. I feel five zillion times better today. Got a massage scheduled for tomorrow to help with the back pain (I carry ALL my tension in my neck and shoulders).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Why do I have this feeling that I will be getting MORE sleep with a co-sleeping, nursing newborn than I am getting now?

Last night I woke up 7 times. Yes, I counted. Each time I got up, I peed, drank a bit of water and contemplated how I would rearrange my pillows for the next hour's slumber.

I also wake up stiff and have restless twitchy legs.

At one point I considered putting all of my pillows in a pile and laying face first in them. My belly just feels so huge and heavy.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#70 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 AM

I am just so impatient for this pregnancy to be done. I don't remember being this impatient with DS. Maybe it's because I worked until the day he was born. We moved three weeks ago and the transfer I was hoping for fell through because they don't want me this far in my pregnancy. Probably illegal, but not a heck of a lot you can do, especially since I wasn't officially offered the transfer. So I've been out of work for three weeks. Not doing much besides wandering the mall and unpacking whenever I can muster the energy to do so. I'm BORED and I have limited finances left, so the longer I have to wait, the longer I have to live without income. So I'm ready to be done so I can find a job and get some money coming in again.

It doesn't help that Saturday I went to meet my friend's baby, who is less than a week old. He was sooooo cute and snuggly and he kept making those cute little noises and sighs and yawning and doing all those things that make newborns so loveable. I did upset him a bit because I smelled like milk and wouldn't give him the booby. lol.gif Holding him just made me that much more impatient to meet mine!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#71 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM

37 weeks today -- Yay!  Babe is low but not quite engaged and I am a couple cm dialated too.  So, it could be tonight or 5 weeks from now.

Lauren, sorry about the sleep, that is rough.  I hope you get some good nights coming up here!

Mandy, that is pretty crappy about your job and the transfer not coming through.  That description of your friend's newborn has me twitching, they are just so delightful brand new!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#72 of 114 Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I want to hold a newborn too!

Had 37w midwife appt this morning.  First BP was 140/80-something so after two more retakes, we got 124/84 so midwives were happy and said no problem (no other symptoms either).  I do feel I should cut back on sugar. I take too many liberties with that (all homemade sugary things but still). 

I mentioned I'm waddling and she said don't try NOT to waddle, let yourself waddle and loosen up in your pelvis. So I'm embracing it.

And, I realized my midwives have my due date a day later than mine, which is fine at this point and actually helps me if I go to 42 1/2 weeks, gives me an extra day from my calculation.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#73 of 114 Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Adding my voice to the "are we there yet" chorus...

My hips and back are killing me, I feel like I can barely walk and I'm soooo tired. I lay awake most of each night, unable to get comfortable or shut my brain off. I had a burst of energy and felt really good on Sunday. I got some housework done, pulled weeds in the yard, went to Target, Walmart & the grocery store. Today I'm so fatigued and uncomfortable that I took a sick day from work. All I have done is lay on the couch with our dogs, napping in small bursts and surfing the internet. It feels like the baby is trying to kick her way out of my uterus and is banging her head against my cervix. I have so much to do at work before I go on maternity leave on April 1st. I hate using sick days right now and don't want to use up too many before the birth, but ugh, I feel like it takes all my strength just to make it through an 8 hour day (and I have a desk job!) My coworkers are kind of weirded out by how big my belly is (I am ALL belly) and are worried that I am going to go into labor at work. Fortunately if I do go into labor, DH works two blocks away from my building and could be there with the car to get me in a matter of minutes.

I was wondering though...what do ladies do when their water breaks in public? Do they help to clean up the puddle or do they just flee the scene?

I have my 38 week check up on Friday and will have my cervix checked for the first time. I am starting to get impatient! We are mostly ready to go. The freezer is stocked. The nursery is set up. We have everything we need. I would like the house to be a little cleaner, but I'm not too stressed about it.

#74 of 114 Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM

my hips hurt, my feet hurt and I am SO SICK OF WORKING!!!  I am scheduled through April 3.  Wish I could do shorter shifts but we do 12's.  Don't have any options.  We were SO, SO busy today, too.  I am wishing for an earlier baby just so I can go on maternity leave sooner.  But I am going to suck it up and at least make it to april 3 unless baby comes sooner. 

My water broke with dd#1 and that was the first sign of labor. and it BROKE.  tons and tons of fluid.  what a mess.  fortunately it happened in the bathroom at home.  I can't imagine it happening in public.  I just don't know what I would do.  I guess if it did I would hope that it was just a leak and not a full on break because I am telling you I had full sized towels between my legs and I was soaking them for a little bit.  Of course it slows down after a bit

I have my 38 week appt Thursday and am hoping I'm dilated a bit, having tons of contractions.  But nothing consistant or super painful.  I know it doesn't matter if you are dilated or not.  I was essentially closed up til I went in to labor both other times.  So I am guessing I'm probably closed now- but it would make me feel better to be a little dilated.  at least mentally.

I'm with you, Guppie.  I'd like the house to be a bit cleaner, neater.  But the basics are there and there isn't too much else we need.  Not for the first few days anyway. 

#75 of 114 Old 03-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

I mentioned I'm waddling and she said don't try NOT to waddle, let yourself waddle and loosen up in your pelvis. So I'm embracing it.

Interesting! Just today  I noticed that I'm starting to waddle a bit and paid extra attention to not do it, guess I'll go with it!

My sleep has also been terrible. Up 3-5 times a night to pee, trouble falling back to sleep. Ugh. I would not be able to make it through the day without a nap.

Baby stuff is washed and ready! I'm SO ready for this little guy to make his appearance! Had my 38 week appt today, declined a cervical check, though I may get checked at 40 weeks just so I know what I am before labor starts. I labored with DD2 for 12 hours with NO change and it was good to know that even though I was a 4 at the hospital I was that same 4 the day before and that I should go back home to continue laboring.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#76 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 AM

I can't believe how close some of you are getting! I am one of those bringing up the tail end of April, only at 35 weeks now.

CookAMH--I love the waddling advice. I will also try to embrace it. Now that the weather is finally nice here, I discovered that walking doesn't bother me as much as I thought, or as it did a couple weeks ago, as long as I go slow and gentle. It actually feels really good. It helps that my neighborhood is flat, because it's the hills that seem to irritate the ol' pelvis. I also got a maternity suit for $15 (used) so I could swim some laps.

My great news is that I discovered my university will actually let me register as a full-time student, for free, because I taught the last three quarters (I'm in grad school). I'm just registering for thesis hours so I am still essentially off for the term, apart from working on my thesis, which I was going to do anyway. I knew about this benefit but had though it only applies to summers. So it is just sheer good luck that I was assigned a summer class last year--otherwise I wouldn't have my three consecutive quarters down and wouldn't qualify.

The practical benefit of this is that I get to keep my subsidized health insurance! (and my gym membership, for swimming). Long story short, this saves us to the tune of $1200 in health insurance expenses. Otherwise, it would have been $550 for this spring and $1200 for "continuation coverage" over the summer. Now, it's like $100 for the spring and $550 to keep my regular coverage over the summer.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#77 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post

My great news is that I discovered my university will actually let me register as a full-time student, for free, because I taught the last three quarters (I'm in grad school). I knew about this benefit but had though it only applies to summers. So it is just sheer good luck that I was assigned a summer class last year--otherwise I wouldn't have my three consecutive quarters down and wouldn't qualify.

The practical benefit of this is that I get to keep my subsidized health insurance! (and my gym membership, for swimming). Long story short, this saves us to the tune of $1200 in health insurance expenses. Otherwise, it would have been $550 for this spring and $1200 for "continuation coverage" over the summer. Now, it's like $100 for the spring and $550 to keep my regular coverage over the summer.

Wow, that is huge. What great news!

I have never gone swimming in pregnancy but friends have raved about it...that would be so nice to be a lot lighter for a while :)

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#78 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Well, I feel uncharitable for thinking my midwife might have to change her vacation dates and miss my birth. I just spoke to her and my fears were unfounded. I'm glad it's working out this way for me (though I feel sorry for her!).  She's really just lovely.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#79 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Had a crappy night...want to have a redo. Fell asleep around 5 this morning, then got about 5-6 hours of very interrupted sleep(the kids running in and out of my room) this morning. I have a funeral to go to today and don't have time to take a nap later greensad.gif I'm SOOOOO tired.

My group of girlfriends and I are meeting tomorrow for my bday/baby 'whatever' (they wanted to get together and get me gifts that I don't really need, but I'm going to be grateful) and another friends birthday. I'm going to see if my parents can take my kids bc I'm seriously about to pull my hair out. My son is 'being two' ........nuff said right...??

My hips hurt so bad. I can't sit or lay and be comfy. My appetite during the day sucks...but I'm SO hungry around dinner and afterwards. I feel like I can't eat enough.

Doula came yesterday for her visit to see where I live so she's not doing it at 2am. She rubbed my feet smile.gif bc they are swollen. She says she only does it for the miserable ones. Lol.

My boobs H-U-R-T. Getting heavier and fuller. I HOPE this means baby is CLOSE. I think I'm starting to get miserable again from no sleep. And thats when I get all anxiety and crawling out of my skin.

Have an OB appt tomorrow...curious to see where I am. Baby feels soooo low, and my hips feel like they are separating and getting ready.

Vent, vent, vent. Seems like that's all I do on here anymore.
#80 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Jennifer, venting is what we are here for.  Sounds like you are getting closer though!

Blanca78, that is great news about your insurance! 

I am ready for this little guy to come.  Today feels different, I think he is working his way down some more and I'm getting more BH.  I haven't even had my RRL tea yet today, and that always brings BH and the like with it.  I found out Mon that I am GBS negative, that was really good news.  I was + last time and it wasn't a huge deal, but I'm happy to not have to deal with the IV and stuff.

I bought EPO, can anyone tell me what the oral dosage is?  I know I can do 2-3 caps vaginally now too, but I can't remember what the oral dose was.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#81 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm at 35 weeks so I feel like things are so far away at times.  I need to make a list because I keep thinking of things I want (more than need) and then I can't remember them later on.

Still working on names.  We might have a boy name, but still up in the air.

I hear you all about the hip pain.  I'm meeting with a chiro on Monday for some work.  I've done some extra walking at work yesterday and today and that has not helped at all.  I think if I walked around the neighborhood at a slow pace I would be fine, but I'm in too much of a rush at work.

And on Tuesday my youngest was diagnosed with chicken pox.  He's had one dose of the vaccine so he isn't miserable with it.  DH is miserable because they are homebound and the weather turned crappy so they can't even play outside to break up the day.  The oldest 3 have had 2 shots so my fingers are crossed they are good.  It's the kid who won't be 4 until April 13 that I'm worried about.  She either needs to hurry up and get it or not get it at all.  If she has spots then they can't come visit me up in the hospital.  She's a mama's girl so that will be extra hard on her.  So in that regards I'm thankful that I'm 35 weeks.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#82 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Anybody have any good tips for convincing a posterior baby to turn? This baby has been posterior ALL DAY, which means constant back pain. I've been crawling around on all fours and doing pelvic tilts to no avail. Previously, when s/he turned posterior, it was only for an hour or two before I could convince him/her to turn. Today, nothing is helping!

#83 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Doing assymetrical things can help. Lunges, taking stairs two at a time with the same leg, taking great giant steps with each leg swinging up and around (outward).

Feeling icky today - just really worn out, a couple times I felt a little nauseous. Got a nap, and will probably go to bed early. I find myself having to take a couple big releasing breaths every five min or so, so maybe there are some mild contractions as I feel tightening but no pain - the kind I usually get when I lay down in bed at night.  Just "pressure waves", to steal a phrase from Ina May though she is talking about real contractios. All part of my body getting ready I suppose! It was time to increase the dose of my birth prep pills yesterday so that it probably kicking in more with uterine action. Have had decent fluids today too and didn't do too much! I did sit outside for and hour and half and read while DS played, it was so gorgeous today. I have had loose BM too.

Has that been lead up to labor for anyone or par for the course at this stage (37w2d)? I don't recall any of this with DS. There was one night, a week before my water broke with him (which happened at 38w3d), that I had real ctx for about three hours and that was it. It was the kind I had for labor with him where they start in my back and wrap around my hips.  I've felt twinges of the same kind of contraction but not too strong or regular. Just the tigthening has been regular today and still so as I've layed on the couch for the last hour or so.

#84 of 114 Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

Anybody have any good tips for convincing a posterior baby to turn? This baby has been posterior ALL DAY, which means constant back pain. I've been crawling around on all fours and doing pelvic tilts to no avail. Previously, when s/he turned posterior, it was only for an hour or two before I could convince him/her to turn. Today, nothing is helping!

I started a posterior babies thread last week, and there have been some good suggestions posted:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1303869/breech-s-o-anyone-else-w-a-stubborn-posterior-baby#post_16338578

We're still stuck in posterior land over here :/  I can't get this kid to turn over at all!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#85 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 05:08 AM

I have a cold. my head is stuffy and my throat hurts. i woke up today feeling heavy and uncomfortable  lots of small contractions but nothing really telling me, it's ON. today is the one day I DO NOT WANT THIS BABY BORN!!!!! it's my xh birthday today YUCKO

#86 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM

feel better soon.  a cold at the end of pregnancy sucks.  I am not feeling so hot myself today.  not a cold- just bleh. 

Quote:

I have a cold. my head is stuffy and my throat hurts. i woke up today feeling heavy and uncomfortable  lots of small contractions but nothing really telling me, it's ON. today is the one day I DO NOT WANT THIS BABY BORN!!!!! it's my xh birthday today YUCKO

#87 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 AM

I hope everybody who has been feeling yucky feels better soon. It's definitely no fun to be sick, much less sick AND hugely pregnant.

I'm feeling better so far today, so hopefully we've moved back around and will stay that way.

#88 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 09:11 AM

Sorry some of you are sick and feeling misirable!  Hope things get better.

Had my homevisit today.  I feel ready now.  Baby is welcome to come anytime, but I think the first weekend in April would be good.  I'm still in a bit of disbelief that I'll actually be going through labour again and having another baby.  There are plenty of times where I'm not ready (espeically when DD is in the midst of her tantrums) but at other times I'm ready to welcome a new addition.

In more exciting news, my wonderful DD is finally pulling herself to stand on her own unassisted!  She's 23 mo but has the gross motor skills of a 12-14mo because she was very sick for most of her first year.  I'm really hoping she walks soon.  I have a feeling she may start walking right after the baby's born when she's away with family, which would suck but part of me doesn't care, she just needs to do it LOL.

#89 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Kttn-  I hope you feel better in time for your birth.  What an awful time to get sick.

I am at 35 weeks today and am just feeling ginormous and uncomfortable.... blah, blah, blah.  I have decided to stop seeing the chiro until after the baby comes.  The amount if soreness I've experienced after our last 2 visits far out weighs any possibly benefits for me.  He can't really give me the adjustments I need b/c I'm too big, and the baby positioning aspect of it doesn't seem to be working out that good anyway.  The LO seems to go from posterior to anterior about 5 times a day.  Fortunately I still have time for her to settle into a good position.  Since I stopped going to chiro I can get on h&k again without pain so that helps.

I have a busy couple of weekends coming up.  Next week is our anniversary so I am surprising DP with a photobook I made on shutterfly of our trip to HI (where we got pregnant and engaged) and tix to a concert/ bellydancing show.  I'm a little nervous I won't enjoy the concert being so big, but I think if I get there early and get a good seat and don't try to be up dancing all night it will be fine.  Though if I danced all night maybe that would send me into labor.... hmmmmmmm.....  

On the 3rd my friends are having a blessingway/ shower for us.  I am really excited about it actually.  They have hired a mendhi painter to come and henna my belly which will be a first for me.  The same weekend is the Midwifery Today conference here in town and Ina May Gaskin is coming to do some talks and a book signing for her latest book.  I won't be able to see her talk, but I will be first in line at the book signing with my camera, books, and huge belly ready for a pic with Ina May!  She is my hero and if I get to meet her, especially right now, I will be on cloud nine!

The next weekend I am doing a doula training workshop which I am very excited about.  That should be very educational and fun.  My midwife knows the teacher and says she's really great.  I will be 37 weeks and a few days at that point, but I seriously doubt I have to worry about the baby coming that weekend.  The next weekend however is another SUPERMOON and the point in the pregnancy at which I had both of my girls so I am feeling pretty sure this LO will be making their big appearance then!  I really can't wait to have this baby out of me and know if it's a boy or girl... the suspense is very, well, suspenseful. 

Still haven't started getting birth supplies together (well, have most of it but not stuff from the medical supply store, etc) but I feel like we have time.  We've been focusing a lot on getting the house ready, which has been a project.  It's mostly there, just needs a good once over before the baby comes.  I watch a friend's DD after school regularly while she works as a housekeeper  and she has agreed to do a work trade with me.  So instead of paying me for childcare for Feb, Mar, and until he baby is born she will come and clean my house a couple times after the birth!  Woo Hoo!!  That's pretty awesome! 

I have to get off here and get dressed now!  One of my girlfriends is coming to visit today and I think we are going for pedicures!  yay!  Hope you all have a nice day.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#90 of 114 Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM

I went to the Dr today for my 38 week appt. My Dr. said that baby feels like she is 8 to 8.5 lbs already. She checked my cervix (OUCH! now I understand why lots of ladies decline to have that done), it is effaced and soft, but dilated only about 1/2 cm. Baby is in the right position, but head is not yet engaged. Dr. thinks I could go for another week or two before going into labor. Also, she predicts that this will be a 9 to 9.5 lb baby. This sounds soooo big to me. The Dr. said that she has delivered bigger babies vaginally in smaller women than myself, so not to worry and to be patient.

I'm worrying though and feel my bravery wavering... I can do this, right? I can't imagine being pregnant much longer. I'm physically very uncomfortable.

Will having sex speed up the dilation and get labor started? Husband is more than willing to assist. I feel like a large manatee right now and not very sexy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page