Halfway Through March Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 114 Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought since we're getting near the end, we could break the chats up more in case more ladies want to jump in who would otherwise get lost in all the other pages. thumb.gif

How is everyone feeling? I think we have some full term mamas here. I'm a week away, being 36 weeks today. I've started to take longer to fall asleep at night initially, but sleep well after that. I feel fairly ready but want baby to stay in at least two more weeks. I've started to fret less about my water breaking each time I get up to pee at night (water broke with DS that way and I don't want water to break first, or even before I can have a homebirth) so that's good, I would be surprised if I had labor before 38w.

I secured a professional photographer for the birth for FREE! I am so excited. She is new to birth photography, but I love her work otherwise, and she just wants to be able to build her portfolio so she's not charging yet.  I think she'll do just fine and I'll be happy to have our HBAC photographed.

Anyone doing any birth prep supplements? We talked about the some in the other chat thread. I'm taking one and hope it helps labor move along well.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#2 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 03:52 AM

I'll be 37 weeks this Friday.  I'm finally getting a little bit of energy back after feeling like a sloth for the previous 36 or so weeks!  Mostly have things ready for baby.  Still scheduled to work through 4/3 (edd is the 8th) but happy to go a little sooner, although not expecting to.  And not feeling as done as I was last week.  I feel like 5 more weeks of pregnant wouldn't be the worst thing.  But thats today! 

I'm taking the polly jeans for labor prep.  I'm up to 2 caps 3x/day.  Also doing EPO 100mg 2x/day.  I'll start the EPO vaginally at 38 weeks. 

The PJ's is new for me.  I used 5W before. 

The girls do their sibling class at the birth center tonight.  They are very excited! 

Thats awesome news about the free photographer!!  How cool.  I'm sure it will turn out beautifully!!  and I hear you on the water breaking thing!  with dd1 that was my first sign of labor.  water broke, contractions started an hour or so later and it was REALLY intense!  With dd2 I labored intact most of the day and it was SOOOO easy.  I'd much prefer that.  If I had my choice and we all know how much choice we get with THAT!

Have a great day ladies!!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#3 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 05:28 AM

Alicia - that's awesome you got a birth photographer for free!  I'd love to have the pics but I think I'd freak out about having them taken in labour LOL.

Becca - glad you're feeling better!  That's exciting your kids are doing a sibling class.  I'd love for DS to do one.

I'm 37 w on the weekend! I switch from freaking out to pure excitement about having a baby.  DH asked me last night where we were in regards to our other kids.  We were 2 weeks from our daughter's birth and over a week past DS's birth.

I've more energy in the mornings and by mid-afternoon I'm ready to curl up where ever I am and sleep.  DH is taking over a lot of the parenting duties when he's home so that's helped a lot.  Poor guy though, I've been very vocal every time I get out of bed, sitting the wrong way, etc and he thinks I'm going into labour.  It's going to be a long few weeks for him LOL.

I did some RRL but stopped when the ear/sinus infection hit.  I'm feeling better and will be continuing today.  I'm also noticing more BHs.

I accidently left the news on yesterday and DS saw some footage of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  Now he's all worried that it'll happen here. :-(

#4 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Hey ladies!

I am 36W+1 today. Woke up throwing up...but luckily I caught it in time for it to not get anywhere. I got up at 6:30 to go pee and eat a granola bar and glass of milk, and when I tried to lay back down I couldnt catch my breath. I've been doing that for about a week now, but usually I'm able to sit down, relax and be ok...not this morning. I'm still feeling yucky and feel like I cant quite get my lungs full. So I called the DR, told them and they want me to come in. Then I told her that I will have to call DH to see if he can get off work bc Im not driving anymore bc of my stars and dizzyness....THEN she said, if you cant come in here, you need to go to the ER. OYE VEY. I hope Im not having a baby this week. I dont want a NICU baby. :( SO of course my BP is going to be a little high bc I'm trying really hard to NOT freak out. :(

I will let yall know whats going on when I get news. BLAH.   

#5 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Jennifer, I hope you can get in to the doc and they can give you some answers.

Alicia, that is awesome about the birth photographer! 

Anyonne else dealing with insomnia all of a sudden?  I had to readjust in December when I switched from getting up at 3:30 to getting up at 5:30 and again at the end of January when I could sleep till 7 when I was done working, but the past few nights have been bad.  I was up for an hour and a half the night before last and 2.5 hours last night.  Not the most fun!  I did have some random ctx last night when I was up, ranging from 3-30 min apart, so at least I had something to focus on.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#6 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 AM

I am 36 weeks, feeling really good actually.  I had about a week and a half where I was more tired/sore/BH were kicking my butt, but that is all better now.  I have my home visit tonight.  Friday is my last day of work.  My coworkers can't believe I am ready to have a baby because I carry so small and don't have any complaints.I am ready for some more time to rest, do some last minute cleaning and projects.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#7 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

im almost 36 weeks (friday) and I cannot wait to be done but I am completely unprepared! went to pack my hospital bag today and got my clothes, no nursing pads, no nursing bra and no clothes for baby. I have a pair of pants and a hat(which i cannot find atm)that I made for the baby just no top. I'm a mess. LOL. we dont have a boys name yet either. Poor kid.

Also my blood sugar readings have been insane lately. I ended up with a 215 after chicken soup. homemade chicken soup...really???? It makes me feel like I cant fill my lungs and i feel all hot and like Im going to puke. its terrible. I also put on 4 pounds this week. really? how I managed that not being able to eat I dont understand. I called the MW she should call me back soon. oh yes and baby is still breech

on a happy happy note!!! I am a sci-fi scary movie, zombie buff, fan of all things gross. I used to work at a a haunted amusement park as a psychotic child vampire. I found someone willing to pain an escaping zombie on my belly for me! I CANT WAIT!!!!

sorry to those of you dealing with insomnia. I am the opposite I just want to sleep all day. Jennifer please let us know how your doing. I hope everything is ok

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#8 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM

I'm at 35 weeks today! So far I've been feeling pretty good - the same old ribcage discomfort that I felt about this time during my last pregnancy has returned - and some shortness of breath (like my lungs cannot inflate anymore). Besides that, relaxin is def. doing her work softening up my ligaments and sometimes I have to "baby step" walk to stay comfortable.

Have been keeping busy with little projects around the house, feeding the freezer and making sure I have all my homebirth supplies in order. Also, I'm re-reading the birth stories in Ina May's books for that extra boost of confidence.

#9 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFireFly View Post

I'm at 35 weeks today! So far I've been feeling pretty good - the same old ribcage discomfort that I felt about this time during my last pregnancy has returned - and some shortness of breath (like my lungs cannot inflate anymore). Besides that, relaxin is def. doing her work softening up my ligaments and sometimes I have to "baby step" walk to stay comfortable.

Have been keeping busy with little projects around the house, feeding the freezer and making sure I have all my homebirth supplies in order. Also, I'm re-reading the birth stories in Ina May's books for that extra boost of confidence.

Have you seen a chiro for the rib pain?  MIne hadn't been bothering me too much, but there were at least 4 out of place when I went in last week -- it might be worth a trip.

I compulsively read Ina May's books too!  I got the new one and reread both Spiritual Midwifery and her Guide to Childbirth at least 3 times each whenever I am pg.  I also really like Peggy Vincent's Baby Catcher.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#10 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

Have you seen a chiro for the rib pain?  MIne hadn't been bothering me too much, but there were at least 4 out of place when I went in last week -- it might be worth a trip.

I compulsively read Ina May's books too!  I got the new one and reread both Spiritual Midwifery and her Guide to Childbirth at least 3 times each whenever I am pg.  I also really like Peggy Vincent's Baby Catcher.

I've never been to a chiro, and it really does not bother me enough to seek one out - considering I live in the middle of nowhere and you just can't find decent medical people to work with out here. As long as I do not sit in one spot too long and move around, I can deal with it. It might be something that I would consider next time though, granted I am able to locate a decent one.

I love Ina May's books - my MW read me stories from Spiritual Midwifery while I was laboring with my daughter...it helped keep me calm and focused. I cannot say enough about her ability to make you feel confident and to trust your body.

#11 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM

well I hope everyone continues to hang in there.  I am 36 weeks and counting the days until 37 weeks when I can go into labor.  My hunch is this baby will happen between 37-39 weeks.  He's dropped, low and I have some strong contractions.  oodles of fun. :)  I'm working until I go into labor.  So, we shall see when that is! 

What are you taking for labor support?  I don't know what the initials stand for...thx

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#12 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

UGH all of a sudden today I am sore in my belly, pelvis, feeling huge!  A two-hour trip to two grocery stores with my toddler did me in.  So I join you other ladies, and I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't imagine going out to walk for exercise at this point.  I hope baby stays in longer! I wondered for a little while if this was a sign of impending labor but figured it's just my body getting ready (but not for imminent labor). Though I did have to email my doula for reassurance haha, mainly b/c I felt really crappy and sore the day before my water broke with DS. I probably should have called my chiro today to get in. I have an appt for Thursday but am feeling like I am not lasting two weeks like I had been.

Anyone following the news about the nuclear plant in Japan? I'm on the west coast so I've been reading some. Sounds like it's worsening but I'm still not overly concerned about us here (Seattle). We do have iodine though should it get worse.

So how about getting those taxes done? I used to be an accountant but have still put it off later than I should have...they are not done yet.

Jennifer, any update, did you get into the doc today?

nadia, I am taking a little longer to fall asleep but thankfully get back to sleep fairly well after going to the bathroom. It's kinda routine though - I'm up at 2 and 4 to pee usually, and I can't fall asleep till about 12:30.

I'll start EPO soon. The bottle I have is 2 years old...should I buy a new bottle?

kittn, that is hilarious about the zombie. ROTFLMAO.gif

Do any of you have an early labor project? If it's at night I plan to stay in bed, but other than that I don't have anything. I don't do anything crafty.

It's exciting that we have another April baby! And that she wasn't too early and is very healthy! I admit, I visit a couple other baby sites and at one in particular, it's amazing how many preterm births there are. I know there is just a higher population of women there but there were at a dozen or more preterm April babies.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#13 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm at 34 weeks and counting.  I have all of my Easter Bunny shopping done.  I'm still trying to get DH to carry the bassinet up stairs.  It isn't heavy, but it is awkward and I don't trust myself on the stairs with it.

Two of my kids have birthdays in April so I'm trying to get that finalized.  Invites should be in the mail by Thursday.

I was up to pee last night and can usually fall right back to sleep.  Except last night as I'm climbing back to bed DH announces loudly that he can't sleep and has insomnia.  So then I had some sympathetic insomnia.  Aargh.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#14 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

on a happy happy note!!! I am a sci-fi scary movie, zombie buff, fan of all things gross.

Me too! Did you watch any of The Walking Dead series on AMC? I have been reading the comic books lately. Awesome idea for your belly.

Here is my complaint of the day: heartburn, I HATE you. Even drinking WATER flares it up. I keep belching a lot from it too. Ugh.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#15 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 PM

bigeyes.gif

I'm so glad I have you ladies to remind me that I probably should get the Easter dinner and bunny shopping planned and done waaaay ahead of time. Like now.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#16 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM

CookAHM  - I'm taking gentle birth (from Meadow Mountain Herbs) because it is what my MW gave me to take. LOL! I'm also still downing the RRL, nettle & alfalfa infusions daily.  I'll probably throw some EPO into the mix in a few weeks...Oh, and my EPO is 2 yrs. old as well, and I'm still using it :)  Also, I'm right there with you on chiro appts.; I was going 1x/2 weeks, but my body just won't hold adjustments that long anymore (HELLO relaxin!!). I'm stepping it up to 1x/week until the birth now.  As for early labor project, HA!! I plan to rest! rest! rest! I am not the type to be fidgety during labor; as soon as I know it's the real deal, I am 100% about maintaining my reserves for serious work!!

Jennifer- Hope your trip to the doc goes well!! Hopefully that baby will stay put for a little while longer. Keep us posted!!

kittn- LOVE the zombie painting idea!!! Please post pics when it's done!! We are big zombie fans here as well (DH especially!)

We had our maternity pics done Friday, and I LOVE them!!! I'll post a couple over in the belly pics thread... Also, we have our MW home visit Monday morning, so I really need to get serious about cleaning this house! ACK!!!  Other than that, I'm just tired and getting really ready to have this baby! (Although we should probably start thinking about names :)

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#17 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM

Hey ladies. So I guess my body is just reacting to the pg and telling me it's done. Now I see that everyone is having a hard time filling their lungs...NP said that that's very common this late in the game. Did the GBS swab, and she checked me...just a fingertip and soft. But we all know that I can go for awhile like that. She also said that nausea is common, which ive never dealt with this late in pg. She gave me a prescription for phenergan (sp..) so that I wont be nauseas and it will help me sleep. I'm having insomnia as well...but it's MUCH better than it was with my son. I would go DAYS without sleeping. Yuck. I'm at least getting 6+ hours a day...I usually don't fall asleep until 2-3 in the morning, and wake up around 10, or later.

So no baby. But I'm super glad he's not coming yet bc I don't want a NICU baby. DH and I are thinking/hoping the last week of march...I will be 38 weeks. I'm hoping to go on a Friday so that DH gets two extra days and doesn't have to take off work. But we ALL know things don't work the way we want them too! LOL!!!!

Hoping everyone gets some relief and sleep. We're in the home stretch now!!!
#18 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer, I'm glad things are good!  I've noticed laying on my right side in bed, my heart races some and I'm wondering if it's that position with the bloodflow, not sure. Or, I get contractions that actually do feel like "pressure waves" according to Ina May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

CookAHM  - I'm taking gentle birth (from Meadow Mountain Herbs) because it is what my MW gave me to take. LOL! I'm also still downing the RRL, nettle & alfalfa infusions daily.  I'll probably throw some EPO into the mix in a few weeks...Oh, and my EPO is 2 yrs. old as well, and I'm still using it :)  Also, I'm right there with you on chiro appts.; I was going 1x/2 weeks, but my body just won't hold adjustments that long anymore (HELLO relaxin!!). I'm stepping it up to 1x/week until the birth now.  As for early labor project, HA!! I plan to rest! rest! rest! I am not the type to be fidgety during labor; as soon as I know it's the real deal, I am 100% about maintaining my reserves for serious work!!

OK, good to know that you're taking "old" EPO too :).  And seeing the chiro more! I think I'll make my next appt for a week. Does yours do anything to "stir things up"? My former chiro did that, with DS, and this one said she basically does a stronger uterine adjustment as I figured whatever it was that my first chiro did was simply to relax the uterine ligaments more and help baby drop down.  It sounds like that's what my current chiro would do too, and I might wait till 38 weeks to have her do that.

Re rest vs early labor project- I probably will rest too, I know my midwife will encourage me to do so. She's not the type to have her clients get out and walk and move labor along, it will in its own time. I will also try to ignore early labor and not time contractions too soon, though I know DH will secretly time them on his iphone. Cuz there's that app and he loves apps! nut.gif

Oh and I probably would have chosen Gentle Birth too but I read about and ordered Dr. Christophers (PN-6) already so I'll stick with that. 

We need to find a middle girl name.

Oh and baby is turned around to the other side today, I'm feeling kicks on the right instead of normally the left.

#19 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 PM

Jennifer, that's great news!! I'll bet you never thought that feeling miserable, pukey, achey, and sleepless would all be great news ;) 

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#20 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

Jennifer, that's great news!! I'll bet you never thought that feeling miserable, pukey, achey, and sleepless would all be great news wink1.gif 

Ahahahahaa! I know right! Imagine that! LMBO! Feeling crappy=good news. At least I'm not as miserable as I was with ds1....cry fest every other day, restlessness like whoa crazy, sleepless days. Considering that I'm doing fantastic! Lol it's a weird, helpless feeling trying to catch your breath, no?

Oh man, I can't wait to see everyones babes!
#21 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 AM

glad that baby is staying in there, too- Jennifer.  Good news but I hope you feel a little better soon. 

This is my busy work week.  I had class all day Saturday, work Monday, class all day tues, wed. work: thurs, friday, sat.  fortunately they had me go in at 11 on Monday and I only work 1/2 day Friday.  but still....ick.  busy, busy.  and my house is a mess.  I got all caught up on laundry last week and this week....its all piled up again!

I"m taking the polly jeans 5 week antenatal.  pretty much the same formula as the gentle birth.  plus epo 2x day orally.  next week vaginally.  and trying to remember to drink the red raspberry tea but not doing such a great job at it! LOL.

Oh and if you remember I had a work shower with 2 other preggos.  and then there are several other people pregnant women at work one of our crna's and a doc.  well. 3 of them delivered yesterday!!  So now I am officially the most pregnant person at work!  EEEKK!!!  although the other one (who isn't due to after me) could very well deliver before me if I end up late and she is early or on time,  Still....its crazy!  WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#22 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 AM

I am 34 weeks tomorrow. My palms tingle just thinking of how close I am! Today I am giving the house one final, thorough scrubbing and then it will be all maintenance for me until after the delivery. I'm starting to think about freezer cooking too, my freezer is pretty well stocked but I would like to pop in a couple of casseroles and make a couple of menu plans to have on hand.

I am giving myself 3 weeks to finish sewing and cleaning. Then it will be all cooking and resting. When should I pack my bags? I didn't plan a hospital birth last time so I have no clue.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#23 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM

Ugh! My mom has been sending me texts all morning that there's a "new law" that makes it illegal not to see a doctor or nurse during your pregnancy and if anything happens to me or the baby, DH and I will be charged with abuse or neglect for having a homebirth. Yeah right! There are NO laws in ANY states mandating medical treatment for ANY condition. It's just not feasible to make a law like that, not to mention the fact that it would be a terrible breach of patients' rights. When I told her that, she started insisting that you had to have a CNM present and that CPMs were illegal. Yeah, not so much. We have a large, thriving CPM practice with a birth center right here in this very city.

She has done this at various points in my pregnancy. The very day she found out I was 4 weeks pregnant, she sent me a two-page letter about how "everyone" was SO concerned about my "home delivery" and that I was going to bleed out because I am a VBAC and on and on. I don't know what she thinks I'm going to do now, at 35 weeks. Does she think if she harasses me enough I'm going to suddenly decide to go to a random hospital I've never been to with an OB I've never met just because?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#24 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

oh mandy how frustrating for you. I dont know if I could remain calm. I think Id kill her. im so sorry you have to deal with that

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#25 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM

Nerdymom- Sounds like you are on top if it girl!! I desperately need to get to work on this house; I clean and get caught up on the laundry, then it I always have a few days of extreme exhaustion, and it all goes to crap... Today, I've made my freezer list menu grocery lists, so I will get to work on those early next week (my mom will be here to wrangle DD).  I have finished my "baby" sewing projects, but am now in the middle of sewing 20 crayon rolls for DD's birthday party next weekend (the 26th)!!  As for hospital bags, I am not much help... With DD (planned hospital birth), we started packing after my water broke at 40weeks 3days ;)

Mandy- What the heck is wrong with people?!?! Especially unsupportive parents!! I could never imagine doing such a thing to my own children!! We haven't told any family about our HB plans, but we will tell my mom this weekend (seeing as she'll be here for the birth!) If she isn't on board, she is welcome to leave...  Hang in there and don't let her negative input mess with your birth energy!!!

#26 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Why is this pregnancy sooo much harder than last time?  For me the hardest part right now is sleeping.  Not because of insomnia, just because there is no comfortable position.  I'm comfortable on my left side for awhile, but then my left hip hurts and I have to move and everything else sucks.  If I sleep on my right side, it aggravates my rib pain.  If I sleep on my back, it makes the SPD and my back hurt.  I'm about to try  sleeping on my stomach!  Weirdly enough though, the rib pain and SPD have gotten a little better in the last week or so, although the back ache is new.  In happier news, DD has slept through the night 3 out of the last 4 nights and hasn't woken up screaming for me.  I'm beginning to have hope that I may somehow survive 2 kids.  Also, we finally got our freezer so I've started putting a couple of meals in it.  I'm hoping I can get a good stash in there before the baby comes.

#27 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 AM

Mandy - At this point, I have no more patience for people who act like your Mom is acting right now. If I come across a "disagreeable" person (luckily the family is on board - it's just outsider friends that poke their noses in once in awhile) I just tell them to come back and talk to me once they have properly educated themselves on birthing. That shuts them up - and I don't say it meekly, I state it. The LAST thing you want to be bombarded with at this point is negativity - especially when it is not based on fact or reality.

NerdyMom - I bought frozen organic blueberries for my daughter the other day and once they are thawed you have to use them faster than she can eat them, so I found a box of whole wheat pancake mix in my pantry and made blueberry pancakes - THE WHOLE BOX WORTH - and then froze them. This way I don't have to worry about breakfasts for awhile since I already have frozen tons of berries and other smoothie like items. I received my box of produce from my CSA the other day and used most of the veggies to make an Indian curry, which I also froze along with some homemade coconut rice.

Puddle - This pregnancy was somewhat harder for me as well, I blame it on still having extra weight from the birth of my daughter at the end of 2009. I can ususally fall back to sleep after returning from one of many bathroom trips, unless my husband wakes up - at which point he insists on rolling over and spooning with me, with his big arm slumped over my belly. Then I just lay there breathing like Darth Vadar and sweating to death.

#28 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFireFly View Post

Mandy - At this point, I have no more patience for people who act like your Mom is acting right now. If I come across a "disagreeable" person (luckily the family is on board - it's just outsider friends that poke their noses in once in awhile) I just tell them to come back and talk to me once they have properly educated themselves on birthing. That shuts them up - and I don't say it meekly, I state it. The LAST thing you want to be bombarded with at this point is negativity - especially when it is not based on fact or reality.

NerdyMom - I bought frozen organic blueberries for my daughter the other day and once they are thawed you have to use them faster than she can eat them, so I found a box of whole wheat pancake mix in my pantry and made blueberry pancakes - THE WHOLE BOX WORTH - and then froze them. This way I don't have to worry about breakfasts for awhile since I already have frozen tons of berries and other smoothie like items. I received my box of produce from my CSA the other day and used most of the veggies to make an Indian curry, which I also froze along with some homemade coconut rice.

Puddle - This pregnancy was somewhat harder for me as well, I blame it on still having extra weight from the birth of my daughter at the end of 2009. I can ususally fall back to sleep after returning from one of many bathroom trips, unless my husband wakes up - at which point he insists on rolling over and spooning with me, with his big arm slumped over my belly. Then I just lay there breathing like Darth Vadar and sweating to death.

spitdrink.gif I feel like that sometimes, sandwiched inbetween two very warm-blooded males, wishing for a way out. Normally my revenge is to get up and cut the AC on. Which is ridiculous to do in March in VA (ok I was doing that in February too) but wth I don't care. I cannot sleep like that! Also, the pancakes are a great idea, sounds good!

Mandy - at this point, I would tell her to not speak about that again or you will cut contact with her until the baby is born. I don't say this lightly, but this is an extreme case. She has progressed to making veiled threats and that is not good. If she finds out you are in labor she might call the police and you don't want to have to deal with that. Block her number if she keeps txting you, or something. That isn't healthy and it's not acceptable. What about your HD? Can you ask him to step in and deal with her, since she obviously is not respectful of you? He needs to take this burden off of you, you don't need that negative energy right now.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#29 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM

I went by Target tonight and picked up what we'll need for the birth (puppy pads, Gatorade, scissors, etc) and some socks and pants for the baby. All we still need is a diaper bag (why are they so EXPENSIVE??) and a wet bag for diapers and we're good to go. It's really exciting to feel like I'm ready to go! Tonight, I'm going to put all my labor supplies in a big basket so it's all good to go when the time comes and we don't have to go scrambling all over the place. Tomorrow, DH and I are getting the hospital transfer bag ready just in case.

I'm starting to have signs of labor already - lots of heaviness, semi-regular contractions, and some bloody show. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully we've got at least another week or two to go.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#30 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 PM

I.A.M.S.O.D.O.N.E.

I can't sit still longer than 5 min without having to move bc I'm so uncomfortable and can't breath. I'm not even kidding about induction. Not kidding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page