Preparing a vaccine schedule - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-22-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Are you talking about US military day care?  Oh, man!!!  I had a TERRIBLE time with them.  We lived in Germany for a while when DC was young and DH worked for DODDS schools so we were allowed to use the base daycare if we wanted.  Without saying how I really feel -- I'll just leave it as "me and the military early childhood education department did  not see eye to eye".  From my limited experience with military family programs - they operate under a different set of rules...or at least they act like they do!   Yea, I can feel your pain.  Did you try FYT for military families?  That would be where I would ask and ask before you put in any paperwork.    

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#32 of 35 Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

Are you talking about US military day care?  Oh, man!!!  I had a TERRIBLE time with them.  We lived in Germany for a while when DC was young and DH worked for DODDS schools so we were allowed to use the base daycare if we wanted.  Without saying how I really feel -- I'll just leave it as "me and the military early childhood education department did  not see eye to eye".  From my limited experience with military family programs - they operate under a different set of rules...or at least they act like they do!   Yea, I can feel your pain.  Did you try FYT for military families?  That would be where I would ask and ask before you put in any paperwork.    

No, this was Kinderare. I was really pissed the nurse shared DD's whole medial record with the health department without my knowledge/consent. Then after we stopped going there I started wondering how parents do a delayed vax schedule in public daycare.  I have read on MDC that military daycares have to follow religious exemptions for vaccinations. I have no clue where the thread is, but someone posted the rules for every branch's daycare policy regarding the exemptions. Religion is on there and they can't use it as a reason to exclude your children from using the daycare.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#33 of 35 Old 03-26-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsberman View Post

Just wondering for those with a delayed vax schedule - How did that work out for daycares? I tried skipping a vax with DD and she basically got kicked out of her daycare, but it didn't matter because I took the semester off from school.

I didn't have a problem at all.  In TX, I was able to file a philosophical exemption and pick and choose which vaxes I was skipping or delaying.  I didn't get any hassle at all from his daycare.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
#34 of 35 Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 AM

we never had a problem with daycare.  I don't even think they ever really look at it that closely.  we get a yellow and a blue sheet from the ped, and it has what they have had on it and thats it.  I know DD2 was really far behind for a while but as long as we kept the paper current (dated and dr signature) there has never been issue. 

with dd1 we got some grief last year because of the varicella.  the pediatrician signed the exemption part for her and the school nurse called and said he couldn't do that to which I replied sure he can he's the doctor, lady!    But I called the doc;s office and the MA there is a bulldog as far as stuff like that goes and I never had another issue. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#35 of 35 Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM

The last vax my DS got was at 7 months - before that everything was according to schedule. He gets sick so often, we never even have time for a well visit, although that was not the initial reason. Following the 7 months visit and vax he had diarhea for about 5 weeks and lost weight (not sure if this was a vax reaction but I couldn't find any other reason for it). After researching, I just did not feel that for us the benefits outweighed the risks. We don't do daycare, live in a pretty stable area, don't ever travel, were ebf, and my son has severe dairy allergy, asthma and very low weight issues. DS did show some slight delay in development which I wanted to rule out anything before continuing with vax. He is 3.5 and so far I am pretty sure he has had whooping cough and is tolerant of exposure (a friend's little boy had it in sunday school for several weeks - yes she sent him to church while sick, not sure why people do this!!!) I am still uncertain how the new baby will be vaccinated - DH is not onboard with no vax, so I imagine we will be doing at least some if not all, although I am very uncomfortable vaccinating before 6 months of age. Baby will be 6 month old in October (?? not a good time to start).

Christ Lovin' SAHM to JL 11/07, MP 5/95 and Empty Nester to BT and RM 7/89

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page