carpal tunnel? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a new one for me. In the past couple days, my right hand and arm have started to really bother me. numbness and tingling in my fingers, pain in my wrist, and odd sensations in my arm. I thought it might be carpal tunnel, and sure enough I looked it up today and it's what it sounds like. Last night was the worst, it kept me up for several hours. My whole hand and lower arm would get numb no matter how I was laying. 

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM

I had that with DS. I think my work on the computer aggravated it so I tried to rest my wrist at work at the time, and keep it straight. The main thing that helped was wearing a supportive brace at night so that it was straight and supported as I slept (and obviously unable to control how my wrist was laying). It was one from the drug store that wrapped around and velcroed. I think it had a metal splint in it to stabilize.

Fortunately, it's gone when your pregnancy ends!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM

I had this around 24 weeks prego's and bought the wrist brace from Walmart. i had to sleep with them on both hands because it would keep me up at night too. I did go to a chiropractor and get several adjustments and it went away after 2-3 appointments...havent had to wear them since. I also had accupuncture once and that helped too. Hope you can find some relief.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad it goes away after baby is born. This stinks, and I don't think it's that bad a case of it compared to some people. I'm planning on getting a brace as soon as I can get to the right store. A chiropractor is a great idea. I need to get back to mine anyway so this just gives me added incentive.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011

User Tag List