UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 36wks 6 days and 100% uncomfortable.......lots of BH and my 2 1/2 yo is wanting to nurse non stop 24/7 and is super fussy.

The baby is moving fingers over my cervix and i cant find a position to "relax" in. I'm all over the house trying to get in a comfortable position and nothing is working.......how are yall feeling in these last few weeks?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm same weeks/days as you and moving slowly. I feel less sore today, perhaps my chiro adjustment from Thursday kicked in. But I'm also hardly doing anything to aggravate soreness since DH has been home watching basketball and hanging with DS a lot, and doing a lot of lifting him up for me.  I'm in the clear now for homebirth so that is really nice. But for babe's sake, at least one more week would be good. The torturous part is we just don't know when our babies will arrive, it's soooo unpredictable, and it's amazing how much I am affected mentally by when I went into labor with DS (38w3d) with what I think about for this time, but I really don't know! I can't imagine going five more weeks to 42 or so.

How are you doing with water intake? I've been trying to be more conscious about that.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

I'm same weeks/days as you and moving slowly. I feel less sore today, perhaps my chiro adjustment from Thursday kicked in. But I'm also hardly doing anything to aggravate soreness since DH has been home watching basketball and hanging with DS a lot, and doing a lot of lifting him up for me.  I'm in the clear now for homebirth so that is really nice. But for babe's sake, at least one more week would be good. The torturous part is we just don't know when our babies will arrive, it's soooo unpredictable, and it's amazing how much I am affected mentally by when I went into labor with DS (38w3d) with what I think about for this time, but I really don't know! I can't imagine going five more weeks to 42 or so.

How are you doing with water intake? I've been trying to be more conscious about that.

yeahthat.gif

I'm with you both - 36w6d today too.  DS was a preemie at 34w6d and DD was 38w2d so I don't know what I'll do if I see my due date, let alone go to 42w!

DD (23 mo) isn't nursing but still needs a LOT of attention - she doesn't walk and her language skills are extremely limited.  The only time I feel comfortable is on the floor (except I can't get up!), the shower and exercise ball.  My parents are here this weekend and I'm letting them look after the kids so they get used to each other and so I can get a break.

The thing that is getting me through is that I'll have the baby soon.  I hate the last few weeks of pregnancy (I know I shouldn't say it considering I've gone 'early' twice!), life is in limbo and as much as I want to stop and wait for the baby I have to keep moving on.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

I should be drinking more water, but i'm not! I'm trying to down at least 2 cups of RRL tea a day....and that is not an easy task...i've drank so much of it, I can barely get a cup down. I've tried all sorts of things to make it easier...but nada. It's awesome to see mama's who are the exact dates. just curious....what was the first day of your LMP? Mine was 7-4-10.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post

I should be drinking more water, but i'm not! I'm trying to down at least 2 cups of RRL tea a day....and that is not an easy task...i've drank so much of it, I can barely get a cup down. I've tried all sorts of things to make it easier...but nada. It's awesome to see mama's who are the exact dates. just curious....what was the first day of your LMP? Mine was 7-4-10.

Have you tried drinking it iced by chance?

The only way I drink all of my tea is follow the same routine everyday:

Every night before going to bed, I boil 32 oz. of water, then pour it over about 1/2 cup of loose RRL, nettle and alfalfa (I ordered in bulk from oregonswildharvest.com)  I stir that and let it steep overnight.

When I first wake up in the morning, I strain the tea into a pitcher and put it in the fridge, then I pour glasses of chilled tea over ice throughout the day.  Everyday, my goal is to finish the pitcher.  At first I had to add a little honey to make it more palatable, but now I'm so used to it that I don't mind it at all.  

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 PM

36w5d here and feeling right there with you. Contractions (mostly BH) are out of control and it's getting to the point where DH can see my stomach tightening up from across the room. It's sooooo uncomfortable! To make matters worse I've had the flu since yesterday and it's basically the most miserable experience of my life. I felt the same last night as I did in recovery from my csections. Absolutely horrible. Felt like my skin was going to just peel off from the pain. Anyway, just wanted to chime in that I'm right there with you. DD came at 42 weeks, DS came at 35 weeks. So I'm kind of in limbo myself of when this baby will come. I'm hoping in 1-2 weeks. But of course we never know. lol. darn why cant we know?? ;-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 03-19-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:

Mine was actually 7-1, but we are dated based on the latter of two possible conception dates (and those days are only two days apart, so I could either be 37w today or on Monday). My due date is Apr 11 so that could be a day off from some of you.   But, when I put the due date in the calender, it backs up the date as if my LMP was 7-4 like you.

Erica, I am SO sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope you can really rest.

I like lemon and honey in the RRL. Though since I'm taking a birth prep that has RRL I haven't been drinking tea lately.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Spearmint in RRLT makes it so much nicer!!  

Yes, I was just thinking about my body last night.  I have felt really good pretty much until yesterday (36+5 days) but I can feel the discomfort coming on.  Had trouble rolling over in bed, baby movement got uncomfortable and etc.  

I'll be the annoying optimist and say that I can see a silver lining, which is that, until yesterday, I was NOT at all emotionally ready to have this baby.  As my discomfort grows I imagine I'll be more ready for the baby to come.  Sigh.  ;-)  

I wish you all well...

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 AM

erica- I'm sorry you have the flu that is so not fair.  pregnant on its own is hard enough!

good call on the iced rrl.  I haven't been drinking it either since I started the labor prep.  But I might do that (if I have time!) for a labor drink. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 AM

thanks ladies! I feel a little better today thankfully! Now it's just mostly a wheezy cough and weakness/dizziness. plus being tired of course. Really the worst of it today is that I keep coughing because of all the junk in my lungs which is REALLY killing my stomach muscles. And I keep having this image of my water breaking because of one of these coughing fits. Does that sound ridiculous to you guys or do you think that could really happen? Last night I really, truly believed my water was going to break if I kept coughing so I was trying to stifle it in. lol. DH thinks that it sounds a little out there and maybe he's right (I am a little delirious from being sick after all. lol) but what do you guys think? I would hate for my water to break while I'm sick and because of being sick vs. baby and my body being ready. ahhh I feel paranoid. haha.

Side note: My home visit was supposed to be last Wednesday but got canceled due to another emergency. The assistant is the one who called me (an hour before the home visit meeting was scheduled to start...) and she'd said that someone would call me the next day (thursday) and we'd most likely reschedule the home visit for Friday or Saturday evening based on my convenience. So I told her that was fine and I'd wait to hear from them Thursday. Well, no one called all day Thursday so at 4:30 I gave the office a call since I know they leave by 5pm on Thursdays and aren't in the office at all on Fridays. No one answered. I left a message saying I hadn't heard from anyone and to please call me back asap but still didn't hear anything. Friday and Saturday both came and went and still nothing. Now I'll be 37 weeks in 12 hours from now (yay!!) and even though I know it shouldn't be a big deal I'm kind of getting frustrated that no one has called me back. This home visit is the only thing standing in the way of me being able to relax about the baby coming whenever it's ready. My son was born prematurely at 35 weeks and I've had fear this entire pregnancy that I'd go early and risk out of a homebirth so now that I'm finally in the clear I'm really annoyed that I still can't breathe easy! Grrrr. Also, they're supposed to deliver the birth tub at your 36 week home visit so you can start relaxing and getting in it to get comfortable whenever you'd like. (It's a tub-in-a-box brand tub that comes with it's own heater and filter so I can get in anytime I want!! yay!) However, since I've been having contractions quite a bit lately and having to get in the bathtub to get them to calm down I'm kind of irked at not having the tub by now also. I'm paying for it from 36 weeks on and would definitely benefit from having it now. I'm just irritated because I seem to be getting "forgotten" quite a bit lately. They always apologize and are really sweet about it but my last 2 appointments have been BS because they forgot to write me in on the schedule and were double booked or no one was there (this is after we made the one hour drive to their office for the appt). I KNOW whose fault it is too.... it's the one birth assistant who is a total idiot, but who also happens to be the MW's daughter. So it's kind of hard to complain about her. I feel like the home visit thing is now an issue because the MW probably told her to reschedule it with me when she called to cancel but her daughter misunderstood her and thought they would call me back later to reschedule. And in the meantime I've gotten forgotten again, but it's beyond frustrating.

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread. It's just really been bothering me and I thought I was ok with it since I was sick this weekend anyway and didn't much feel like having the home visit, but once I started typing it all just came out- so I guess it's bothering me more than I thought. lol. Thanks for listening! My husband is being supportive but he doesn't quite get it like I know you ladies will. :-) Hope everyone's having a good Sunday! I hope we all start to either feel better really soon (yea right- haha!) or just go ahead and deliver some babies. Can't believe we're all coming into full-term. SO EXCITING!!! Remember when we used to get excited because they put up the due date club behind us? ;-) Now look where we are!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

hugs EricaRN, you poor thing....you've got lots going on. First off I hope that you start feeling better real soon....and as far as your water breaking from coughing.....i kind of have the same idea about mine breaking during DTD.....i'm almost afraid to DTD because i'm afraid my waters going to break...and i dont want it to break because the birth center is only giving me 18 hours to have the baby once my water breaks....so i'm super paranoid about it....and thus i'm not enjoying DTD anymore....forget an O...for me any time soon. Guess we all have our fears....but getting them out and talking about them help release them...they also say to write them down and say them out loud and then burn them and watch them release in the fire. Lets have a little burning of our fears pow-wow...:)

I'm sure that your midwife will call on monday....and again...because this is a real sensitive issue that can hinder you going into labor....you may want to talk to your midwife about it and release it. Again holding it in is not a good thing. Or maybe just talking to us about it has helped you already! :) Sending feel good vibes your way!

Oh and the RRL tea...I can not drink it cold...i've tried and i gag! lol....i can however drink it with honey and a half of lemon....i'll put it in the frig for an hour or so...enough to not be cold or hot..kwim?

And i can drink it that way....at night i drink a cup hot with lemon before i go to sleep.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM

ok so- sorry to hijack this thread again but since I just posted the original story I felt like I should follow up here as well. I am trying REALLLLLLY hard not to be pissed right now!!! I had sent an email to my MW this morning in hopes of getting a response from her (their office charges $7 for each email correspondence but I was hoping they wouldn't charge me since it was their fault I hadn't heard from them anyway). So the MW received the email and had her daughter (the assistant) call me back a few minutes ago. I was really relieved to see the name on caller ID and to hear them say they can come tomorrow at noon for our home visit. Big sigh of relief, right? uh WRONG. I mean partly I'm relieved that she's actually coming, but a whole other can of crap just got opened up now! I asked her if they would be bringing the birth tub tomorrow to set up since they typically do it at the 36 week home visit and I'm now 37 weeks and really want to get in that tub. She says "I have no record of you filling out tub rental paperwork or submitting the rental payment" WHAT??? In all this time I've been telling them I want a waterbirth and have gone ON AND ON AND ON about how excited I am for a water birth, no one ever said JACK to me about paperwork or having a payment ready in advance. I was a little short with her when I responded with this and she said I could fill out the paperwork tomorrow but they couldn't deliver the tub until my payment has cleared. So I said fine I'll just give her cash tomorrow for the tub then so I can still have it set up tomorrow and she says "we dont accept cash payments". WTF?!?!? seriously I'm about to lose it. So I take a deep breath and I'm like, "fine, I'll give you a check tomorrow and then in a few days when it clears will someone be able to come back out here ASAP (an hour away) and set it up for me?" And she says (wait for it... you won't efffffffing believe this!): "well actually all 3 of our tubs are being used right now but I'll add you to the list and when one becomes available we'll give you a call" WWWHHHHHAAAATTTT?????? Ok so now I'm 37weeks pregnant, NO idea when the birth tub will be available and have been dying to have a waterbirth since day 1! At this point I can't even rent my own from another company because they require reservations weeks in advance. So I say to her "So what happens if I go into labor before the tubs have been returned? I just basically lose the option of waterbirth?" And she says "yea I guess". OMG I could've reached through the phone and killed this bitch. I mean SERIOUSLY!!! ughhhhhhh. So I guess at this point I'm SOL and just have to wait and hope someone delivers like TODAY so I can get a tub soon... of course, if someone delivers today then I'm sure my MW will have to reschedule my home visit tomorrow AGAIN. lol. That would just be grand :-) WOrst case senario I know I can send my husband out when I go into labor and get a kiddie pool but I'm sorry, that is NOT what I want and as much shit as I've been put through this pregnancy with this MW office I think I deserve to be more than a little upset by this. I'm trying to just tell myself that things might look brighter tomorrow when the MW comes and I can actually convey to HER my frustrations. Like maybe she knows someone who has a tub that we could borrow or whatever. But really I'm just freaking pissed off that NOTHING about this has been easy or seamless and I"ve had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way just to have some decent communication and half-ass service. I really love my MW but the rest of their office and the whole organization of it all just sucks.

Ok, fine, pity party over. Just please cross your fingers that this worry is all for nothing and that she will show up tomorrow, birth tub in hand, and that it turns out her daughter really is just a flaming idiot and doesn't know how to count to 3 or something. (as in 3 birth tubs available and maybe one of them was hiding in the back or something). Oh and btw, when the daughter told me that all of the birth tubs were being used she said "but don't worry, all of the moms who are using them right now are due within the next few weeks so you should get one pretty soon" I was like "HELLOOOOO I AM DUE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!!!" lol. I mean seriously. No words.... no words can describe how irritated I am right now.

Ok breathe, breathe, breathe.....

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM

I am sorry you have to deal with this. Have you talked about it all with your MW? I would forget the fact that she is the daughter of MW and lay it all out about how incompetent she is. Meanwile look into blowu kiddy pools. Some of them are pretty deep. I don't know what kind of tubs they provide but I had an aqua-doula tub and at the end gave birth on dry land because it was too big nd I could not find a comfortable possition to relax in.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

(their office charges $7 for each email correspondence but I was hoping they wouldn't charge me since it was their fault I hadn't heard from them anyway)

Ok, fine, pity party over. Just please cross your fingers that this worry is all for nothing and that she will show up tomorrow, birth tub in hand, and that it turns out her daughter really is just a flaming idiot and doesn't know how to count to 3 or something. (as in 3 birth tubs available and maybe one of them was hiding in the back or something). Oh and btw, when the daughter told me that all of the birth tubs were being used she said "but don't worry, all of the moms who are using them right now are due within the next few weeks so you should get one pretty soon" I was like "HELLOOOOO I AM DUE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!!!" lol. I mean seriously. No words.... no words can describe how irritated I am right now.

Ok breathe, breathe, breathe.....

You are charged per email?  This seems outrageous to me!

Ugh, regarding the birth tub.  I hope your midwife is more responsive to the problems.  Sounds like there's a real problem with communication in her office!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Just to chime in about a water birth......i bought a kiddie pool at Target and filled it with water from the washing machine hook up and it was heavenly....the bottom of the pool was filled with air and it was super duper soft and again heavenly. Maybe having a back up plan and getting the kiddie pool now...your older kids can always use it in the summer....so you wouldnt be out any money. It was worth every penny to me...i think i paid like 20$ for it. And....Target has them for sale right now too!

Your water birth is possible...even if they dont have a pool for you!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:18 PM

Thanks ladies. It is a relief to hear that some of the kiddie pools will work if they need to. At this point I'm more frustrated about the situation and about having to let go of the idea of a relaxing last few weeks than I am about the actual circumstances. I sent the MW a LONG email discussing my concerns and everything and I feel a little better after getting that out there. Hopefully she has a chance to read it and think over it before our home visit tomorrow at noon.

Neuro- I agree that their office is crazy unorganized and has a real problem with communication. Really, it's just the one girl (the daughter). Everyone else has been great and seems to stay on top of it. I think they put too much trust in Keely (the daughter) who obviously can't handle all of her responsibilities. And they assume things are getting done (which why wouldn't they?) and then she drops the ball. We'll be having a pretty serious conversation about this tomorrow. Oh and as for them charging for emails.... I think it's a little nuts too. But they did say right away at our first appointment that we should always call/email without regard to pricing because most groups will include an additional amount in their fee based on the assumption that you will call/email with questions during pregnancy, and if you don't you aren't reimbursed for this. My MW group does not charge for anything outside of the bare minimum and then if you do end up with questions they'll tack on the fee that most insurance companies will pay. And honestly, I doubt they will actually charge this fee unless it's a lengthy, time consuming problem or if someone is emailing like every single day. lol. I think it's more of just a "we could charge you for this" type of thing. Either way I dont really care at this point. I would pay an extra thousand at this point just to be assured that I'll have a decent birth tub, will have midwife support and care, and will be treated with soem damn respect. *sigh* that's it. lol.

oh and someone had mentioned what kind of tubs they rent out. They do the spa-in-a-box ones. They're hard sided which has left me wodnering, but they have their own heater and filter AND they have jets.... so to me it seems worth it for the hard sides. haha!

Mamato3wildponnie- Thanks for the info on the kiddie pools. I think I will send my husband out to target tonight to get one. I can at least use it now to relax in while I wait for one of the good ones from the MWs to open up plus it'll be good for the kids in the summer. Good point. THanks for helping me realize it's not the end of the world. haha. IT just feels like it sometimes when you've wanted something so bad. I've had 2 csections, 0 vaginal deliveries despite being close both times and this time "was supposed to be different" and in my mind I feel like I'm losing some control. Which is totally a hang up of my own, but I'm just scared of being robbed of this experience yet again after doing everything I possibly could these last months (really a year and a half since we first started TTC and interviewing MWs). It would just be devatstating. But I can't think like that. I have to stay positive. That's where all of you come in. :-) Thanks again ladies. It's been really helpful getting to vent to you all and hear your amazing feedback.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

EricaRN - I think one small silver lining is the idea of letting go of control.  I, personally, think this is a good mindset for birth - at least a little bit.  

I could go on and on about your MW office but I'll just leave it as - you have every right to feel frustrated and forgotten and that is NOT how you need to be feeling right now ESPECIALLY if it's in part coming from your MW office.  

I also had my home visit canceled...and my MW assistant forgot to call me so I waited around all day.  URGH!  I was really pretty sad about it.  I do think it was one of those things and I'm over it but I think I know how you're feeling.  Big hugs to you!!!   I hope your home visit goes well.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 PM

I hope after all of this your birth ends up being PERFECT!!  I am glad that you sent her an email.  I think you can overlook a lot of stuff and even if things don't work out the way you have planned or imagined you can still have a great birth BUT feeling forgotten and not well cared for by the people you have put so much trust in will make a big impact on everything.  It sounds like she is very good and hopefully can provide you some reassurance so you can go into the next few weeks feeling supported and cared for. 

Old 03-20-2011, 06:51 PM

Ugh, EricRN...I can totally relate to the bad communication with midwives. My first home visit was canceled due to a birth---totally understand able. Rescheduled but the midwife wasn't sure when it was because it was scheduled with the receptionist and I tried getting a hold of her but didn't have her cell number. Then she didn't have a birth tub with her because she wasn't coming from the office, but said we could arrange a time for me to get one or someone would bring one to me and that the receptionist should call and schedule me an appointment. Waited a week...no calls, so I called and got the answering machine. And another week passes with no one contacting me! At this point I'm supposed to be seeing them every week and everytime I call I can't get a hold of someone and was seriously worrying as I was approaching 38 weeks---which is when I had my first son and I still didn't have a birth tub! So I finally called them and left another message asking if I could at least arrange a time to pick up the birth tub---appointments can wait, just want a place where I can give birth!

And then they  called me back later that day and I'm picking it up on Tuesday...provided they have them. The receptionist said they'd have to make sure. Me: WJATHHGwergthkjhg! You better have them!

Seriously, the tub issue has had me in tears. Now I just hope the baby stays in til Tuesday so I have my tub, then I can relax...

Though a lot of me just wants to give birth NOW because, seriously, I can't get comfortable anywhere. Trying to be patient, remembering that I'm due anywhere from Mid March to Mid-April...but can't help but think how nice it will be not to waddle while walking, to be able to lay down and not have heartburn or acid reflux, to be able to get up off the floor by myself. Ahhh sigh.

Mother to one (8/08) with another on the way (04/11)
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist View Post

Ugh, EricRN...I can totally relate to the bad communication with midwives. My first home visit was canceled due to a birth---totally understand able. Rescheduled but the midwife wasn't sure when it was because it was scheduled with the receptionist and I tried getting a hold of her but didn't have her cell number. Then she didn't have a birth tub with her because she wasn't coming from the office, but said we could arrange a time for me to get one or someone would bring one to me and that the receptionist should call and schedule me an appointment. Waited a week...no calls, so I called and got the answering machine. And another week passes with no one contacting me! At this point I'm supposed to be seeing them every week and everytime I call I can't get a hold of someone and was seriously worrying as I was approaching 38 weeks---which is when I had my first son and I still didn't have a birth tub! So I finally called them and left another message asking if I could at least arrange a time to pick up the birth tub---appointments can wait, just want a place where I can give birth!

And then they  called me back later that day and I'm picking it up on Tuesday...provided they have them. The receptionist said they'd have to make sure. Me: WJATHHGwergthkjhg! You better have them!

Seriously, the tub issue has had me in tears. Now I just hope the baby stays in til Tuesday so I have my tub, then I can relax...

Though a lot of me just wants to give birth NOW because, seriously, I can't get comfortable anywhere. Trying to be patient, remembering that I'm due anywhere from Mid March to Mid-April...but can't help but think how nice it will be not to waddle while walking, to be able to lay down and not have heartburn or acid reflux, to be able to get up off the floor by myself. Ahhh sigh.

I swear this is like the exact same situation! It's like they forget that this isn't just a regular business where things can wait. And it's the same here, leaving messages that no one returns. I'm sorry you're going through this. I was just about to post an update on the tub thing. DH and I looked online a bit today and found out that Walmart has the exact tub that the MWs rent out (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-in-a-Box/14264847) and we decided to purchase it. We were going to pay $300 to rent it from them anyway and it has to be returned within 48 hours of the birth so IF i even got to have it in time I would probably only end up getting to use it for like less than 2 weeks for $300. I'd rather pay $800 something and get to keep it when it's all said and done. This isn't even like a normal birth tub either. It's marketed as a hot tub and some people just choose to birth in it. It has jets, a heater and a filter. We're going to keep it up in our room after the baby comes and DH and I can relax in it together afterward as a way of staying Romantic when we can't physically be romantic. And this summer we can either put it out on our deck or even leave it int he corner of our bedroom (which is GINORMOUS btw) right by the wall of windows and hang out in there in the evenings with the windows open letting the cool breeze come in. Or move it outside and let the kids get in with us for fun times. The possibilities are endless and it just seems like a better investment. I wouldn't do it if we could rent one just because we dont have that kind of extra money laying around right now (you know, with a baby on the way and all.... lol) but I'm happy to have a solution figured out at least. I feel really good about it. I selected one day shipping so it should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday it said... MUCH sooner than the MW could even get me the rental anyway. It was $100 for one day shipping but they were gonna charge $70 for standard and it's TOTALLY worth the extra 30 bucks to have the reassurance that it'll be here in time. :-)

Geist- I really hope that you hold out until Tuesday when you can get the tub and then I hope it's the easiest set up ever, in which you're so blissfully happy enjoying soaking in your birth tub that you don't even realize you're in labor in it until you're close enough that it's easy. haha. In a perfect world right? :-)

Thanks again everyone for your support today! It's been a really really really rough day. About 5 other pretty major things have happened today (totally unrelated to pregnancy or birth) and I feel like I must've really racked up some bad karma lately because somebody is REALLY shitting on me right now. But, trying to stay positive. DH and I are going to take the kids to a sitter we occassionally use on Tuesday so we can spend the day relaxing and maybe go to a movie to try and remember why we are doing all of this in the first place. Cuz the stress is starting to really build with all of these things being thrown at us. *sigh* anyway, hope everyone is doing well this evening!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Geist- I really hope that you hold out until Tuesday when you can get the tub and then I hope it's the easiest set up ever, in which you're so blissfully happy enjoying soaking in your birth tub that you don't even realize you're in labor in it until you're close enough that it's easy. haha. In a perfect world right?

lol, me too! One can always dream! To be honest, I'm just glad that they finally called me back...I was beginning to wonder if everyone had died. Remember, midwives' office: really pregnant women stress easily over little things! I have no idea unfortunately what kind of tub they have, but I know they clean it up and take it away with them after the birth and since they come to our house the 1st and 3rd days after the birth, returning it to them wouldn't be an issue...your midwives sound wicked strict, even charging for emails??? Man. Good thing you'll have the tub to relax in soon. I've tried taking baths at home and the water just doesn't get big enough. We have a big claw-foot soaker tub upstairs, but it doesn't work and we won't have time to remodel that bathroom til next year, so I've tried a standard tub...meh. Not even worth it, really.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:

That was my LMP, but my cycle is longer so my EDD on ovulation is 4/15 and 4/18 by ultrasound.

I've been very crampy the past week, get contractions at night and have had mucousy discharge, but my MW didn't even comment on it when I mentioned it at my appointment today. At this point 4 weeks seems too far away. Can't tell you how many times I've been stopped by strangers that say "any day now." Nope about a month to go!

EricaRN, sorry you're having trouble but I'm glad you have a tub! DH would freak out if I told him I want a HB let alone a WB. LOL, I told him that I want to use the tub to make me feel comfortable, then get out to push, but he doesn't know I might just stay in.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on my home visit today. It actually went REALLY well. I figured it would because I absolutely love my MW and have only had problems when dealing with the assistants (mostly her daughter). As it turns out, she was very apologetic, read my email to her daughter who was evidently VERY upset about it, cried and apologized profusely. I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, but I AM glad that I shared with them my frustrations. I think her daughter just doesn't realize how her mistakes are really affecting others and this will probably be a good lesson for her in learning just how important of a job she has. My MW was very sweet about it and is the one who said that her daughter needed to hear this because she thinks other moms probably feel the same but just haven't spoken up. She also said that she is aware that the administrative side of their office is seriously lacking and they want to do something to improve it, and that they have sacrificed a bit too much in organization for the sake of happy moms at delivery time. I totally understand and I'm ok with it. As I knew I would be. It wasn't WHAT had happened, it was feeling like I was being forgotten. Anyway, we're all set now and had a really great home visit. Got all my questions answered and THEN some. Feeling great about the few concerns I had left up in the air. Confirmed baby is head down and DEEP in my pelvis. Baby had hiccups while she was checking the HB so it was fun to hear those on the doppler. :-) Also, as kind of an added bonus, MW said that if we wanted to make a bit of extra money that there are probably several clients of theirs who are on the waiting list for tubs that would be willing to pay us to rent ours if we were interested. Hadn't thought of that before but might be an awesome way of defraying that cost. Either way I dont care, I'm just glad we got our tub!! :-) Well, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday so I'm just glad we're GOING to get our tub. lol.

Hope all of you are having a great day! It's GORGEOUS weather here today and definitely has me in the mood for spring and for having babies. lol.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i am so happy everything worked out and I do hope they get a tighter reign on things in the office. its miserable and cold here today in fact it snowed

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Erica, I'm glad you had a good home visit. I'm glad you emailed them too with your complaints, and it's a good sign that your mw shared them with her daughter. It's SO irritating to love your midwife but hate the business side that lacks communication and follow-up.

I was thinking that too - you renting out the tub, or even reselling it on craigslist. 

How are you feeling today with recovering from the flu?  Do you still worry about your water breaking at this point? I would probably worry about the same thing and I would imagine it's possible but not very likely, unless it was ready to break pretty soon anyway. Are there electrolyte drinks you planned to drink in labor that could help you now in recovery?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

Erica, I'm glad you had a good home visit. I'm glad you emailed them too with your complaints, and it's a good sign that your mw shared them with her daughter. It's SO irritating to love your midwife but hate the business side that lacks communication and follow-up.

I was thinking that too - you renting out the tub, or even reselling it on craigslist. 

How are you feeling today with recovering from the flu?  Do you still worry about your water breaking at this point? I would probably worry about the same thing and I would imagine it's possible but not very likely, unless it was ready to break pretty soon anyway. Are there electrolyte drinks you planned to drink in labor that could help you now in recovery?

You're right, it does feel frustrating to love the MW but hate the business side. lol. I feel bipolar when talking about them to friends because one second I'm saying how over-the-moon excited I am with them and the next I'm frustrated to tears. lol. It's like 2 separate issues really. I can handle the clerical errors in the end to get the birth I want though. I just have to focus on that during the rough patches. :-)

I feel alot better today than I did this weekend as far as the flu goes. It's all still in my chest and the coughing isn't much better. I'm not AS worried about my water breaking (mostly because as of today I'm 37 weeks- woo hoo!!!) but of course I also don't want it to break until I'm clearly ready for labor either. I don't know... I guess I just feel like there's not much I can do to prevent it from something like coughing. haha. It's a matter of breathing so I don't have much choice. lol. Oh and good call on the electrolyte drinks. I've been drinking gatorade alot since Friday because of the flu and everything which I think has really helped keep my energy up. Thanks for asking about me! Man, it is so nice to have a good group of "friends" to share all this stuff with isn't it? So happy for all of us to have each other for support!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Erica- I'm really glad things turned out that way.  It seems like you handled the situation really well and they, in turn, handled it well.  Hopefully the daughter will be able to have a better understanding of things now.  I'm just glad you are back to feeling supported and cared for. 

Last week I was feeling so great I could have gone on for weeks and this week I am feeling like I don't think I can last another 5 minutes. 

I'm contracting so much and some of them kinda hurt.  I am thinking maybe its from the supplements, I've been taking the Polly Jeans and am up to 3 3x/day.  Guess I'm gonna jump on the uncomfortable bandwagon.  Its frightening to think this could go on for another 4 weeks.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Add me to the uncomfortable list.  I've felt like I had a ton of BH contrax today and then I think I pulled a muscle when I was picking up my son the other day.  I've still got over 5 weeks to go.  I am just ready to be done.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

I thought that I was uncomfortable when i started this thread....but man oh man...everyday that goes by just get's more and more uncomfortable. Today i've even been talking strange and have no patience...i'm sure having my son's cousin over and the house helpers son here....3 boys under the age of 7....and my 2 yo is going through a tantrum stage where all he wants is to nurse and i just cant do it any more....i get such strong BH's and my belly gets sooo tight. I'm not sure my 2yo is sick or he's testing his boundries or what is going on with him...all I know is I need my sweet little boy back.

i'm also getting a little worried about how my husband is going to handle everything while i'm at the birth center...then me coming home the same day i have the baby. I think I need to have a talk with him about how little i'll be available.....I mean...today he's laying around and asking me to get him coffee.......REALLY! I can barely walk and you want what? It wasnt even his morning coffee...it was around 4pm.....COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pelvic bone is very tender and achy.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM

Erica: So glad you got your tub and had a nice talk with your midwife that cleared everything up :) I think it must be really hard for most midwives because they usually juggle so much...midwifery, family life, volunteer stuff...I don't know how they do it.

We got our tub and I still haven't had the baby yet. I thought I was going into labor last night because after I went to bed I kept having contractions. They were strong enough I wasn't sure if they were real, but figured since they were really irregular I'd wait until something major happened, like my water breaking or the head crowning. I even told my husband to go to bed early (instead of midnight or 1am) just in case. Then I finally fell asleep and they're gone. Sigh. I'm sooo ready to have this baby it's not even funny.

User Tag List