Update on Belly Binding and post-partum stuff... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-23-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So since I'm at the front of the pack for these beautiful babies being born, I thought I'd give a heads up on how the post partum is going pertaining to subjects we've discussed here. 

Belly binding: Started at about 28hrs post, have been doing it most of the day but not to sleep at night. 

These pics are today - day 3. Wish I'd taken some at day 1, because my belly is easily down by half when wearing this. When I put it on the first day I seriously didn't think I'd get it on, I was still sooooo big. 

binding_day3

binding_day3 pic 2

binding_day3 pic 3

I went with the 10" Frank Stubbs post partum binder. I ordered the smaller size in the higher width, it was $35 plus shipping. Got it within a week I think after ordering it. 

http://www.fstubbs.com/pp/postpartum.htm

Very well spent $35 in my opinion...I don't have any of the "ugh, my intestines are falling out" feelings or the soreness I had last time in my abdominal muscles. I'm more mobile (not that I'm trying to be, lol) and feel more stable when moving about, getting in and out of bed, etc. 

It DOES show a little under clothes. I think unless I looked like the mannequin on the website, the velcro closures are going to show a little. 

So that's that. I will take more pics in a few days if there is more visible results. 

I'll add updates on other things if I think of them or of anyone wants to ask ?'s. 

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#2 of 7 Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks! That is helpful. Can you believe you are not pregnant anymore??????

My Squeem arrived last week. I hope it'll be the right size when the time comes.  I'm at 230 right now, 194 pre-preg and ordered a 2XL.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 7 Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks for this update!  I've been going back and forth about the belly binding, but you've just made the decision for me!  

#4 of 7 Old 03-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks!  I've been debating one of these and/or a Shrinkx Hips belt to help squish the hips back into place.  I have a big credit at BRU and am thinking I'll get both.

I wonder - I've been using DH's back support (weight lifting style belt) to help stabilize my hips/back the last month and wonder if that would work in lieu of buying a specific "belly binder"?.  It's like this but no suspenders

http://www.amazon.com/Decade-6331-Cadet-Support-Black/dp/tech-data/B0019D5MUK

#5 of 7 Old 03-23-2011, 03:58 PM

cool. thanks for the update.  I got a binder to use pp and have never done it before. glad to hear its working out for you. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#6 of 7 Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

day 7:

the velcro is overlapping much more. Didn't wear it one day (baby pooped on it, had to wash) and my stomach was actually quite sore by evening.

photo 2-5.JPG

photo 3-4.JPG

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#7 of 7 Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM

You are really making me want to get one. :) 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page