Baby's coming any day and I'm just not feeling the names we have picked. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DH and I have been considering other names off and on, but we've had two names that are pretty much assumed to be THE names unless we find something that sticks better. The names are Jack Tiberius for a boy and Eliana Kathleen for a girl. I think the names are great and all, I'm just not feeling them. I did the same thing with DS - he was very nearly named Kennan and we switched to Taylor last-minute.

I'm hoping that once I see the baby I will be able to say, "You're definitely a _______!" And it will help that we'll know the sex then.

Anybody else still not 100% on the name?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 12 Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sold on the boy name my hubby has picked...and he is very opinionated on it...my hubby is hispanic....so the name is David Cristobal....????? And his nick name would be Cristo.....again...I'm not sold at all. And for a girl...I picked out Illiana or Anaelle....

And since i'm delivering at a birth center and can leave right after the birth...we have to have a name before I can come home! So you are soo not alone!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 12 Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 AM

I still have half the pregnancy to go, but I'm not excited AT ALL about our boy names...to the point I'm almost hoping for all girls!  As Mamato3wildponnie knows, my husband is also Mexican, and he wants to carry on his name, which is also his dad's.  I love my hubby, but I have never been crazy about his name, so I'm trying to broach the subject of calling him by his middle name.  Originally my husband was dead set about not using a middle name, but I won that battle.  Still, I'm not sure if I should press my luck.  Also I don't want to hurt hubby's feelings.  His name is Rigoberto, but he goes by Rigo.  Any ideas on what we can get out of Rigoberto besides Rigo?

Oh, and Mama--my hubby has a friend named Cristobal who goes by Cristo...at first I couldn't figure why they were calling him Christ, bc Jesus Christ in Spanish is Jesu Cristo!  LOL

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

#4 of 12 Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Bert, maybe? My family's all English and Irish, so I think of little Bertie as being a charming name, but I'd imagine your Hispanic DH won't go much for that.

We have a girl's name picked out, but my DH keeps suggesting new ones, so I'm wondering if he's not feeling it. We have no real boy name at all, although my DH seemed quite taken with Simon last night--which does not work for me. Our ultrasound tech said he "thought" we were having a girl, so maybe we won't actually get to that discussion.

I love the name David--and I don't really understand how you can pick your child's nickname out before they are born. My son's name is Thomas, and he's kind of a serious kid, so he goes by Thomas, and not Tom or Tommy or any of the nicks that I thought we might use while I was pregnant. How does your DH know that your son will be a Christo and not a Chris or a Dave or a David, or something else?

#5 of 12 Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat. All along we've had Aoife Kathleen picked as our girl name, but as the pregnancy has progressed, I keep hearing Marie as the middle name when I say it in my head. I want to use Kathleen because it honors MIL and my aunt, so both sides of our family, where Marie just honors Dh's sister. But Marie soudns better. And, to top it off, the past week or so I'm having second thoughts about Aoife, to the point I'm considering making a list of alternatives. I didn't have doubts like this with either of the others that I can remember.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#6 of 12 Old 03-31-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_gooseberry View Post

I still have half the pregnancy to go, but I'm not excited AT ALL about our boy names...to the point I'm almost hoping for all girls!  As Mamato3wildponnie knows, my husband is also Mexican, and he wants to carry on his name, which is also his dad's.  I love my hubby, but I have never been crazy about his name, so I'm trying to broach the subject of calling him by his middle name.  Originally my husband was dead set about not using a middle name, but I won that battle.  Still, I'm not sure if I should press my luck.  Also I don't want to hurt hubby's feelings.  His name is Rigoberto, but he goes by Rigo.  Any ideas on what we can get out of Rigoberto besides Rigo?

Oh, and Mama--my hubby has a friend named Cristobal who goes by Cristo...at first I couldn't figure why they were calling him Christ, bc Jesus Christ in Spanish is Jesu Cristo!  LOL

There is always Berto/Bertito/Rigito.  Any way Dh would go for Rigoberto being the middle name?  I remember a mama on another message board naming her son Dario, I always loved that name (can't pull it off with Dh's very german last name though).

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#7 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Well, it looks like I dodged the Rigoberto bullet for now, because chances are we are having another girl!  Now here's hoping hubby isn't set on naming the baby after his sister Marlene....

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

#8 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 AM

We are still in the no name zone! I was almost mad at DH last night because I wanted to sit down and seriously decide on a few name options, and he wanted to watch TV :/  He is so laid back about the whole thing and just keeps saying that we can take as much time to decide on a name after the baby is born, but I want to pick at least a handful of options now!!

SO far, we haven't both hated the following first names: Everett, Henry, Graham, and Owen.  The middle name is no where in the picture yet!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#9 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think we've settled on a girl's name - Abigail Kathleen, Abby for short. We both like the name Abby. Still no boy's name, since I'm still not feeling Jack. I'm 38 weeks today, so I guess we'll find out soon if it's a moot point or not!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#10 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Allical- I LOVE the name Graham. That's DS's middle name, ONLY because I let DH have his first choice as first name and we used my first choice as the middle name. I like Graham David if that's any help... :-) I think a "strong" name like David or something along those lines help the men be more uncomfortable with a name like Graham as a first name (one my DH at least thought sounded a little wimpy. haha wtf??) Good luck!!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#11 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

Allical- I LOVE the name Graham. That's DS's middle name, ONLY because I let DH have his first choice as first name and we used my first choice as the middle name. I like Graham David if that's any help... :-) I think a "strong" name like David or something along those lines help the men be more uncomfortable with a name like Graham as a first name (one my DH at least thought sounded a little wimpy. haha wtf??) Good luck!!!

I have had Graham on my mind all day today!! I think we might just be onto something!! YAY!!! 

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#12 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 06:21 AM

I think with our first we had one and only girl name.  Otherwise we've had 2-4 names on our list.  With O, we had four names on the boy list and O was added a few days before his due date so it was 4th on the list.  It just felt right.  You will know when the time comes.  Wait until after the bath and you've had a chance to really snuggle and get to know the baby.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page