My Dilema - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mamato3wild ponnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: hopefully close to bliss
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I was 37wks 4 days...but.....went over US dates and LMP dates and according to my last US...my due date has been moved up by 5 days...almost a whole week. Thus making me...38wks 2 days.

Now...this is baby#5 and my last baby 10lbs 2oz was born right on time..however the midwife said the placenta had started to calcify and baby was a bit overcooked. Baby #3 came at 38 weeks. and was 8lbs 3oz. Ok....here is my dilema....we live in Mexico along the border with Texas.....I have an awesome Birth Center that I go to in Texas....my husband does not have proper paper work to enter the US. So my sister from NC is coming to stay with us for a month and she will be hte one taking me to the birth center etc....she is to get here on March 31st. One week from today....that would put me at 39 weeks.

I am very nervous that i will not make it another week....I feel so crampy and uncomfortable...having a hard time getting around...havent lost my mucus plug....MW suggest baby is close to 9lbs today....guessing of course.

So..my dilema....do i wait it out till sister gets here...praying baby doesnt come. Or do we pay for her ticket to be changed...~$400 and have her here sunday or saturday?

I didnt have the MW check my cervix today.....I ck'd myself and it's still really high...cant even feel it. But I know that mama's go around for weeks dialated etc....and it doesnt really mean anything.

Thoughts? Need help thinking this out!

I know you all are in the same mind set as I am....were all so ready...so I know you all would help offer more support.


Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Mamato3wild ponnie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 PM
 
othersomethings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central FL
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yikes, that is a dilema. I don't know what the details look like...finances, etc. But I guess you need to sit down and think hard about what is going to be most important for you giving birth...what is the best and worst case scenarios here?

 

If your sister doesn't make it in time, what are your options? 

 

If she comes sooner and it comes out of your pocket, what effects does that have, etc? 

 

Tough one. 


Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
othersomethings is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mamato3wild ponnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: hopefully close to bliss
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The money isnt really an issue..but i hate to spend that on a ticket change kwim?

If she doesnt make it on time...I do have a friend who lives here in Mexico who could take me.

so I do have a ride...but the thought of having my sister here is so much more assuring ya know....and my mother instincts are telling me that my body is mentally waiting for my sister.

Oh goodness!


Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Mamato3wild ponnie is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
 
EricaRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow that's tough! I'd ask yourself which you would regret more 1) wasting $400 to change a plane ticket you didn't need to or 2) having your sister miss the birth. Since money isn't a major issue I think it's really down to that. Of course you may not deliver until after the 31st anyway and then you will have "wasted" that money, but if it helps you sleep at night and is worth the risk to make sure she's here then I say just do it and don't look back. :-) I hate tough calls like that but at the end of the day you have to decide which you would regret more and then go with that.

 

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!! And congrats on gaining 5 days of pregnancy!! That's got to be an awesome thought- all this drama aside! :-)


Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
EricaRN is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
 
StarCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

heres my story:   i flew my sister in to help with my dd1 when I had dd2. We knew dh was going to have to get right back to work and the girls are only 17 months apart so I figured I might need extra help.  I had dd1 at 39+ weeks, a natural labor- not induced.  I was also out of work from about 31-32 weeks because when I was working I was contracting (although in hindsight it was more stress than real pre-term labor) I was due on the 5th.  I flew my sis in on the 7 or 8th.  I didn't have the baby until the 14th.  That was a wed and she had to leave that weekend.  So the following Monday (less than a week after I delivered) I had no sister, no DH to help.  It actually wasn't too bad because I recovered pretty quickly and I actually got to spend some nice time with my sister that I wouldn't have otherwise.  AND it ended up being nice to have her there for the birth- she was a big help.  But it also would have been nice to not be on my own so soon. 

 

I guess the point is that you need to decide when you feel you will need her most.  You have a full month with your sister to work with so that makes a difference.  If the #1 most important thing is your sister be there for the birth and you won't relax til she gets here then I say change the ticket. If it were me, I wouldn't. It would only be a few days difference anyway.  But you have to do what will make you feel best.   


Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
StarCat is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off