Pre-e... :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had my OB appt today...my feet are SWOLLEN, and in just a matter of days, and it's going up my legs. my blood pressure has been around the 120/70's and today it was 148/90. They want me to do a 24 hr pee test. There are a few problems without that...we can't find one that will be open sat to drop off my tub o pee. Dr wants us to come back Tuesday to go over everything and more than likely I am pre-e, even my nurse husband thinks so. So on the way home we were thinking...what's the point in waiting to be induced until Tuesday...why not do it sooner? It's going to happen anyhow. So DH is going to call the dr to see what he says, if he agrees. I just don't see the point in doing a battery of tests to tell us what we already know, and a waste of time and money. So I will update everyone tomorrow and let you know our plans. smile.gif

Nt at all the way I was planning...but if I'm not healthy, I DO NOT want to risk anything.
#2 of 24 Old 03-24-2011, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

And to add....

I gained 13 lbs in less than 1 week...that's 53 lbs so far.

And my feet are so swollen I can't even bend my ankles...it hurts SO bad.
#3 of 24 Old 03-24-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. hug2.gif What weeks/days are you today?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#4 of 24 Old 03-24-2011, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Today I am 37+3.

I'm only 1cm and he tried stripping my membranes but he couldn't get far enough up there. And he said the baby is not low...which is weird bc it feels like baby is going to fall out of me.
#5 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 AM

I would be sticking some evening primrose oil caps near your cervix ay night to help ripen you, it will only help with an induction. So sorry you have pre e though!!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#6 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 02:17 AM

That sucks Jennifer but I know you have been feeling exceptionally crappy and that explains it.  I know that in my hospital our docs won't induce before 39 weeks without the lab results to back up a diagnosis.  Meaning- the docs can't just send someone in at 37 weeks, say they have pre-e, and induce.  They have to give actual evidence (blood work, BP's, 24hr urine, etc).  So that could be why he wants you to do the testing.  usually you can take your pee to the hospital and get quick results.   Not sure if the rest of the country is going that way as well with inductions- When I first started in L&D there were a ton of inductions at 37/38 wks and now they just don't do it. 

In any case- I hope that you know what is happening soon and hope you get to meet your baby soon and get to feeling better!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 AM

hug2.gif That sucks Jennifer.  Hopefully you'll be able to find a lab to do the urine test tomorrow.  Is there any way to move your appt to Monday?  Or see if the OB/lab can send the results to L&D at your hospital so you could go in on Sunday for an induction with proof of pre-e?

Good luck and keep us posted!

#8 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 AM

best of luck mama! that is the worst ever!!!!!!!!!!  Hopefully you'll get what you need sooner rather than later though.  Such a tough waiting game at the best of times...

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#9 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 AM

Sorry to hear that Jennifer :(.  Hopefully you can get your results quickly and then get a plan together.  Hugs mama!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#10 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Sorry :( :hug  It sounds like you're really uncomfortable.

The one benefit to waiting until next week to induce would be to give you a few days to do things to ripen your cervix. (figure out your Bishop Score to have an idea of the potential success of an induction. http://www.childbirth.org/interactive/induction.html ) Thinking of you!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#11 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM

So sorry to hear that! Guess that explains why youve been feeling so miserable. Whatever happens I pray for a quick, easy delivery for you.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#12 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 10:04 AM

I'd shoot for the test if I was you. I've had all the pre-e symptoms for weeks and came back with a 24 hour near 400 then two with only trace amounts of protein. Those good tests and bedrest bought me a few weeks which I'm thankful for. I delivered yesterday at 36w5d and we're still looking at a few days in the hospital. I know how miserable pre-e is. Hope you can deliver that baby safely!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#13 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post

I'd shoot for the test if I was you. I've had all the pre-e symptoms for weeks and came back with a 24 hour near 400 then two with only trace amounts of protein. Those good tests and bedrest bought me a few weeks which I'm thankful for. I delivered yesterday at 36w5d and we're still looking at a few days in the hospital. I know how miserable pre-e is. Hope you can deliver that baby safely!

Congrats on the arrival of your baby :).  Sooner than you were hoping, I know, but it looks liek you both made it through safely!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#14 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I got some primrose oil today and will try it tonight. I got a 500mg capsule bottle...how many do I need to use at one time? And do I just put it up there..lol I have no clue about any of this! LOL

I can't do sex right now...it's TOO miserable. Are there any other suggestions for ripening?

I'm starting the pee test sun morning, turning in mon morning. The dr has ability to look on their website or something and see the results. We are thinking that if I am pre e then we will more than likely induce wed bc my appt is Tuesday.
#15 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Just remember that even this late in the game, your babe will benefit from these few days to remain in the womb.

You can take 3 by mouth if they're 500mg, and insert 2-3 vaginally. Wear a pantiliner and do it right before you go to bed.

Does elevating your feet at night help alleviate any swelling pain? Have you ever taken an epsom salt bath? That could help while you wait. Also, when I had swelling, DH would massage the swelling out of my ankles. I'd lay down, he'd lift my foot up, and work and rub the swelling back up my leg to help it dissipate. That might help with the discomfort.

Hang in there mama. You will make it.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#16 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Baths, at least 30  min, really help with swelling.  Also try eating watermelon, I have heard it helps. 

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#17 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post

Baths, at least 30  min, really help with swelling.  Also try eating watermelon, I have heard it helps. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

Just remember that even this late in the game, your babe will benefit from these few days to remain in the womb.

You can take 3 by mouth if they're 500mg, and insert 2-3 vaginally. Wear a pantiliner and do it right before you go to bed.

Does elevating your feet at night help alleviate any swelling pain? Have you ever taken an epsom salt bath? That could help while you wait. Also, when I had swelling, DH would massage the swelling out of my ankles. I'd lay down, he'd lift my foot up, and work and rub the swelling back up my leg to help it dissipate. That might help with the discomfort.

Hang in there mama. You will make it.

I take baths every night just to soak and relax and it does nothing for the swelling. greensad.gif

I can take them by mouth and vaginally all at the same time?

The only way I can elevate them is laying on my back or even leaning back...but the downside to that....I cant breath bc babe is squishing my lungs. Ugh. I've tried every which way possible, but I just can't breath. I have taken Epsom baths...I haven't noticed any change when I do so. eyesroll.gif DH was really good about rubbing my feet out with my last pg...not so much this time :*(

I'm SO not looking forward to possibly being on pit and then epidural. Blah.

We did tour the hospital today...OMGEEE! It's so nice. They just re did the post partum ward....millions of dollars worth....and they offer suites. It seriously looks like a 5 star hotel room. DH wants to get it(so do I) bc it's so roomy and nice and non closterphobic. smile.gif
#18 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM

Sorry to hear the baths haven't helped. Sometimes when you swell so much you can hardly tell.

That is nice about the hospital rooms!

Yep, take both orally and vaginally. Keep us posted on how you feel. hug2.gif

#19 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

I know all ive been doing is griping....I'm really sorry. But I just don't know what else to do. I'm so miserable. My cal/mag isn't even working anymore greensad.gif my legs are getting restless again. I just took a bath and sobbed when I got out bc I'm just done. Done. Done. Done. At this point I'm BEGGING for an induction. I just want to crawl out of my skin. Or get drunk so I don't have to feel like this.
#20 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength." Isaiah 40:28-29

"My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2

hug2.gif

#21 of 24 Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

I keep trying to not let HIM down and let this happen naturally. I really am. I shame myself for thinking of giving up. I know He won't give me more than I can handle. Trying to be strong for HIM. Thank you for the verses! I need to give it up to HIM!
#22 of 24 Old 03-27-2011, 08:19 PM

How are you doing Jennifer?

#23 of 24 Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM

I had horrible swelling in my feet, ankles and lower legs during my first pregnancy.  My BP got to 140/90.

My midwife had me load up on protein.  100g/day.  I had to take it easy and lie on my left side a lot and put my feet up as high as was comfortable.

I did take Evening Primrose Oil the last few weeks of my pregnancy and will do it again with this one.

I wrapped my legs in cabbage which is suppose to help.  I don't think I saw much of a difference though.

I went 40 weeks and had my home birth.  I don't see why you couldn't go to 40 weeks either.

Just take it easy and eat lots of protein.  

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#24 of 24 Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

I had my big(9lb 10oz) baby boy march 28! smile.gif water broke the 27th around 10pm, and then a cervical check that led to a sonogram showed that he was footling breach. So off to the OR we went. But everything turned out perfectly and we have a very healthy sweet baby.
dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page