End of March Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Michelle - wow, what a nice postpartum unit!  So much better than any I've seen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

Windymama, my youngest has been a handful lately too.  He's normally pretty laid back and we take him lots of places while the big kids are at school, and it's been a lot more challenging lately.  I swear he knows that he is about to be 'dethroned' and isn't loving the idea.  He's also 3.5, and I have always found 3 to be the most challenging year for some reason, so it may be a double whammy.

Glad I'm not the only one whose kids know their lives are about to change.  DD was much better today but DS, OMG, I was at a loss as to what to do with him.  What do you do when your 3.5 yo strips naked in the main hall outside the laundry rm of your apt bldg?  I was furious/mortified and really wanted to laugh at the absurdity of it all.  Kids *sigh*.

Mandy - mine have been coming later with each pregnancy.  DS was 34w6d and DD was 38w2d.  I'm currently 38w4d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

Alright ladies. What is one thing we can each think of to do in the next week that is enjoyable?  We're getting Thai food tonight and I am really looking forward to that. I want something spicy!  We're trying a new place that some friends told us about that runs less than our favorite place that we walk to. I usually get the same dish - panang curry, like a #2. I LOVE LOVE Thom Ka soup, so I have to get that too.

DH is off tomorrow and Saturday so he'll be around all day so I'm looking forward to that too. I doubt we'll do much out and about though but we'll try. There is a chocolate factory near us that has awesome chocolate and you can sample all of it (like 30 kinds/flavors).

Mmm chocolate!  Tomorrow is my b-day (and it actually is, no joke LOL).  We're either ordering in or taking out supper and going for ice cream at a place I haven't tried yet but really want to.  There's a spa on the other side of the city that caters to moms AND has childcare on site.  Am thinking of booking an appt for myself but have hesitated because of their cancellation policy.  This weeknd I figure we'll take the kids to the zoo and I'll try to walk this baby out! LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

got a question for you ladies. when you and DH DTD how long do your contractions last after? 1 hr, 6hrs,10hrs?

mine last for close to 12! is that normal?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#63 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Woah! That seems like a long time. I usually just have one right after orgasm and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

got a question for you ladies. when you and DH DTD how long do your contractions last after? 1 hr, 6hrs,10hrs?

mine last for close to 12! is that normal?

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#64 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM

yeah, same here. one contraction that lasts maybe 2 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Woah! That seems like a long time. I usually just have one right after orgasm and that's it.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#65 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Same here. I typically have them for about 15-30 minutes or less. More than anything, I get REALLY sore afterwards, like I can FEEEEEL the prostaglandin working... kinda like when novacain (sp?) wears off after a dentist appt or something and you feel achy but kind of numb also... lol. Wow this just sounds weird when I read that back to myself. haha!!

Cook- Great idea for planning something fun! DH and I are going to the drive-in movies tomorrow night for opening weekend. It's the PERFECT solution to date night with kids. We put a sheet up between the front and back seats so the kids can't see the theater screen and then we set up the iPad in the back with one of their movies. DH and I plug our headphones into the car so we can hear the audio for the movie and kids can have their own little theater in the back. :-) We pay NO babysitters and at $10/person admission to the movies (they show 3 movies per night!) that works out to less than $2 per hour per person for a night of entertainment!! :-) Can't beat that. So that's what we're doing tomorrow. Then if the weather is nice this weekend we'll probably take the kids to the zoo. We wanted to go earlier this week but it's been cold and even snowing here randomly this week (it was 75 and gorgeous last week!).

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#66 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
Same here. I typically have them for about 15-30 minutes or less. More than anything, I get REALLY sore afterwards, like I can FEEEEEL the prostaglandin working... kinda like when novacain (sp?) wears off after a dentist appt or something and you feel achy but kind of numb also... lol. Wow this just sounds weird when I read that back to myself. haha!!

Same here. I love that we can talk so openly here on MDC. ROTFLMAO.gif

My DH is *thrilled* to be giving his donations lately. He keeps asking me if I need a donation nightly. Sheepish.gif

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#67 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM

Same here - one fairly strong contraction right after orgasm for a couple of minutes and that's it. Of course, I usually go to sleep right after, so maybe I'm sleeping through them. It also may be different because I've been too uncomfortable and sore to DTD so they're self-induced.

We're going to the kids' science museum tomorrow with DS. All the walking around can't hurt and I need to get out of the house. I've been spending 90% of my day sitting on the couch crocheting and I am BORED and sore and exhausted. We usually have a good time when we go, so I'm looking forward to it.

If I don't have the baby tomorrow, here's hoping I don't have him/her until Tuesday night at the earliest. XH is picking DS up Saturday morning and he won't be back until Tuesday afternoon. DH can always go get him, but it's over an hour each way, which will mean a lot of time laboring on my own without DH or DS.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#68 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM

Alicia- Tomorrow morning my mom is watching DD, and I am planning to stop by a coffee shop to get a yummy (sugar-laden) coffee, then I have a chiro appt. at 9:15, and I am following that up with a manicure and pedicure.  That is my enjoyable thing for the week!!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#69 of 77 Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post

Alicia- Tomorrow morning my mom is watching DD, and I am planning to stop by a coffee shop to get a yummy (sugar-laden) coffee, then I have a chiro appt. at 9:15, and I am following that up with a manicure and pedicure.  That is my enjoyable thing for the week!!!

That sounds like fun!

Windymama - does their cancellation policy apply even to going into labor? Have you asked if they make an exception about that? (I'm assuming you're talking about being charged for not giving enough notice if you cancel?)

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#70 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:

I don't even have one. Nothing. Nada. Hopefully the prostaglandins are doing something.

Quote:

My DH is *thrilled* to be giving his donations lately. He keeps asking me if I need a donation nightly. Sheepish.gif

Mine too :-)

I think I'm going to take my girls strawberry picking tomorrow, Sunday I don't have anything planned besides church. Maybe I'll take them to the local wildlife place so I can get some walking in. Monday I'm going to get a pedicure. If I'm still pregnant on Tuesday I'll get a hair cut.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#71 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 07:22 AM

OK so either dh has super spermsuperhero.gif or im weird wild.gif. 12-20hrs of contractions that I cant sleep through. oh boy. he comes near me and I contract. planning on DTD tonight and having a baby this weekend I guess. im ready. not as anxious and I have skullcap on hand I should be good.

I wish i could eat fun things. i have champagne and cupcakes for after baby comes. im going to finish our bedroom today and have everything all set for baby. 

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#72 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 AM

yeah, that's some serious semen. you should think about bottling it up and selling it... or, not. lol

Quote:

OK so either dh has super spermsuperhero.gif or im weird wild.gif. 12-20hrs of contractions that I cant sleep through. oh boy. he comes near me and I contract. planning on DTD tonight and having a baby this weekend I guess. im ready. not as anxious and I have skullcap on hand I should be good.

I wish i could eat fun things. i have champagne and cupcakes for after baby comes. im going to finish our bedroom today and have everything all set for baby. 

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#73 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 AM

ROTFLMAO.gif seriously. ill call it SLIM super labor inducing miracle- sure to have you SLIM in no time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

yeah, that's some serious semen. you should think about bottling it up and selling it... or, not. lol

#74 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 AM

My mom texted me this morning and asked if she could be there when I "deliver." The same person who has sent me repeated emails that it's illegal not to go to the doctor regularly when you're pregnant and that the baby and are both going to die and DH will go to jail for it. I can't help but think she's asking to be there so that she can call 911 in the hopes that they'll force me to the hospital and/or so she can get the midwife's name and report her, since she's apparently decided that CPMs are illegal (they're not).

I knew there was a good reason I decided not to call anybody until after the baby was born!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#75 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Fun thing for the week--I'm going out with some of my mom friends for lunch on Saturday.  We've been trying to arrange this for MONTHS and it's the first weekend all 4 of us have been available.  I figure it's pretty much our last chance before this baby comes, and I could use some cheering up after the GBS+ thing.

Trying  to store up on sleep, but DD has other plans.  She's been super snotty (allergies) and not being able to breathe wakes her up like 87 times a night.  Once I get her back to sleep, the baby inevitably starts wiggling or hiccuping.  I really want to get my house clean and some more meals stored in the freezer, but I have absolutely no energy due to the lack of sleep.  It doesn't help that DD is 3.5 and super volatile right now.  She was in a kicking, screaming, hitting rage for well over an hour yesterday, and I really don't have the energy to wrestle her.

Mandy--I can't believe your mom had the nerve to ask you that!!  So sorry you're having to deal with her.

#76 of 77 Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM

are you kidding me? ughhh  im so sorry. i dont think if it were me I would trust her. it just sounds like shes up to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

My mom texted me this morning and asked if she could be there when I "deliver." The same person who has sent me repeated emails that it's illegal not to go to the doctor regularly when you're pregnant and that the baby and are both going to die and DH will go to jail for it. I can't help but think she's asking to be there so that she can call 911 in the hopes that they'll force me to the hospital and/or so she can get the midwife's name and report her, since she's apparently decided that CPMs are illegal (they're not).

I knew there was a good reason I decided not to call anybody until after the baby was born!

#77 of 77 Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 PM

wow, so many babies being born! Congratulations everyone. I'm due May 2nd, so I'm just a lurker here, but I'm 36 weeks 3 days and already DONE. I'm having intense pelvic/hip pain and neck pain that is randomly popping up. Baby is super low and constantly pressing on my cervix. I have a hard time walking! I would be completely happy if baby was born early! So, here's to hoping I'll end up in this DDC!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page