End of March Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Figured we could start a new one since the other one is quite long now!

So, how are you doing? How far are you? Any pre-labor signs for anyone, any signs that your body is getting ready?  I can't believe how many babies we've had already! I makes me really feel for those due late in April.

I'm just about 38w.  I think my body is sort of getting ready. I noticed no lead-up with DS though and my water broke with him one morning at 38w3d, so it's hard not to think I'll go into labor at a similar time.  There is hardly anything left to do but get the bed ready. We do need to figure out the heating element in the room where we set up the tub, or else hope that the space heater we borrowed will be enough.  I feel very ready so it'll probably be my luck that I'll go to 42.5 weeks which is around Apr 25 I think.

DH and I have a date tonight!  I can't wait to eat a certain dish that I really like.

Are your taxes done??? I finally got mine done last week.

I'm napping most days and just keeping up with house stuff. I got like three short walks in yesterday which was good but that isn't typical.  I feel very weak physically!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 07:26 PM

I hear you on how many babies we've had. I can't remember with other DDCs I've been in having this many babies born before the "official" birth month arrived. It's so fun to see all the new wee ones, though. I am getting excited to meet my own little person :D

How'd your date night go? How was that yummy dish? I hope it was everything you wanted it to be!

Taxes... ours, yes. DH did them a couple months ago. I have to do my mom's though, and haven't even started. I really need to do that this week.

I'm one of those late april mamas, being just 35-36w right now. I had been feeling pretty good until last weekend. Something changed between Saturday and Sunday and from Sunday on I've been feeling much more DONE. i'm not overly uncomfortable, just weary and tired of the pains and cumbersomeness.

Tomorrow we're taking the last in our series of hypnobirthing classes. I'm so glad to have been able to finish a series this time (instead of last pregnancy, where I went into labor the evening after the second class). Really looking forward to using HB in labor this time. It was amazingly effective last time, even after just 2 classes. We also met with our monitrice (like a doula but she can do vag checks and check mom and baby vitals) tonight, which somehow makes it seem all the more real that we're actually going to be having a baby soon. You'd think with it being my third I'd kinda realize that already, but apparently not LOL

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 03-26-2011, 08:05 PM

Long and busy day.  We were at a b-day party and DD cried through most of it.

Am now ready to have the baby but still feel like we have awhile.  Am 38 weeks tomorrow!  DD came at 38w2d so if I'm still pregnant on Wednesday it'll be my longest pregnancy.  I've had lots of BH and I actually think I've had the odd contraction but nothing to call the MWs/doula or even DH about.

Ina May Gaskin was in town for a seminar and I unfortunately missed out on her lecture last night.  I didn't want to go alone and I knew DH would never go but I didn't find anyone else to go with me.  By the time I thought about going alone tickets were sold out.  My doula went though so I figure I'll ask her about it - after the baby's born.

We still need an infant car seat and a larger vehicle to put the car seat into.  DH has been dragging his heels and I think he won't realize how moronic he's being until we have to go somewhere and we can't because we can't fit all 3 kids into the car.

Alicia - so jealous you're having a date night.  We've temporarily stopped ours since we're so close to the end.

Allison - that's awesome you found a monitrice!  They're rare around here.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Date was good! I got a linguine clam dish and a side of delicious fries. Then we went to a shopping area and got a dessert crepe (wasn't impressed though) and walked around some. I tired quickly but we were gone from about 5:45 to 9 and DS did great with his usual babysitter. He probably got more one on one attention than he has in the last few days from us, poor guy.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-27-2011, 04:31 AM

38w2d here.  just waiting.  I have been contracting so much more with this pregnancy than previous ones but guess it doesn't mean much since I'm closed.  I went to 41w3d last time so I am pretty much planning to go weeks more although I'm hoping not to.  This part makes me feel like a ticking time bomb.  At any moment I could BLOW!  LOL!  And although I want a baby soon I would like an April baby- no offense to March.  Its a great month but I"m just feeling April! One of my good friends has been insisting for a month that today is 'the day'.  But I'm pretty sure she is wrong.

Had a LOOONG day yesterday.  1st was a baby shower thrown by my friends.  It was lots of fun.  and then we went over to a friends house for a party.   DH and the girls were having a BLAST and I was having fun chatting with everyone but we were there so late I started getting a bit grumpy.  Didnt get home til almost midnight.  eeek..  way too late for me.  and of course I have not been sleeping well lately.  guess I am doing the baby warm up sleep schedule,,  sleep a few hours then up.  round the clock. 

I am officially scheduled 4 more shifts at work.   I wish I could explain how difficult getting through this past week was, especially Friday.  My feet hurt SOOO bad.  I truly just wanted to curl up and burst in to tears.  I know everyone felt bad for me but we were busy and I had to keep going.  I think its the 2 12's in a row that are so bad.  I have it again this week. monday and tuesday.  I hope they can have me come in at like 11 one of those days.  It helps. 

Date night sounds great.  I'm thinking I should plan another one of those since it will be the last for a long time.  Maybe next Saturday. 

I would have loved to see Ina May that would have been so cool!!  too bad you didn't get to go.  wonder what she talked about??? 

Can't wait to see what this week brings for us as far as babies go.  So awesome to see everyone 'hatching'

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm also 38w 2d today. It feels like this baby is trying to push her way out of my belly button! She is really strong and energetic.

Many of the family, co-workers and friends in my life have been insisting that the baby is going to come early. This is based on how big I look, apparently. irked.gif  So every day I have people calling and emailing me to see if "today is the day." I appreciate the interest, but I know the baby might go to (or past) full term and there is nothing that I'm willing to do about it. Because of my age, my Dr. will only let me go to 41 weeks. I've been chugging RRL tea, bouncing on my exercise ball and doing lots of active housework and uh, DH is providing prostoglandins in hopes of getting this party started.

If I thought my lower back and hips hurt a few months ago...haha. My body is in so much pain that I sleep a few hours at a time, then I either have to pee or am up because of the pain. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the last days of life without a newborn, because I won't sleep much for a long time. I figure that I already do not sleep, I might as well have that newborn here!

I scored a nice rocking chair yesterday. I was out to lunch with DH and his parents. At the restaurant, we ran into some friends who own a local used furniture store. They said we should stop by their store to see this rocking chair they just got in. We went to their store and the chair is perfect! It is solid teak, vintage danish modern and nice and roomy. I had been looking allll over town and the internet to find a rocking chair in time for the baby's arrival and had no luck finding anything in our budget or that would fit my extremely tall DH. The rocking chair is now at our house, looking just right. Yay!

I'm looking forward to reading more birth stories and seeing more baby photos here soon!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm 38w1d today and not feeling like anything is going to happen any time soon. DS was born at 41w3d and I've been feeling like this one will be born at 41w1d for a long time now.

I still have some stuff left on my to do list: finish making freezer meals, finish cleaning the house, and a few other little things here and there and then there's my "overdue" to do list so I'm not just sitting around with nothing to do if/when I go past my due date.

We had our taxes done for us for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. Hoping our HUGE return arrives before or right around the same time as baby.

I'm a little worried about the weather at this point. I was counting on it to have warmed up and started to get spring-like by now and it's been absolutely frigid the past few days. We heat with wood and only have enough left for a couple more days of these temps. I really don't want DH to have to cut more because I have other things I need his help with but I also don't want the house to be freezing when the baby's born/new either. The other side of the weather situation is that if it warms up a little but not enough to dry things out, our driveway is impassable. It's a few hundred feet long and I'm worried the midwives and our moms will have to trek all the way up it in ankle-deep mud so their cars don't get stuck.

Allison - How awesome that you have a monitrice! My dream birth would be to UC with a monitrice present or close by and on call.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 AM

I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and it feels like such a huge milestone for me! DS was born at 35 weeks and it's hard to believe that I could have an almost 3 week old baby right now! I'm so glad to have made it to term and be within range of my homebirth! I've actually been feeling pretty well the last few days. Better than last week at least, which sounds crazy! Mostly I've just been bored the last few days. I'm too tired to do much of anything but just sit/lay around but I WANT to be up doing other stuff. As soon as I do though it wears me out more. lol. My biggest complaint in my last 2 deliveries (both csections after long labors) was being exhausetd during labor so this time I'm trying not to do anything that's going to really wear me out. I'd rather be lazy and conserve my energy than get burned out like the last 2 times. (not the reason for my c-sections by the way. Just an annoying part of it).

I am in such a good mental space right now that I really wish the baby WOULD come soon. So is DH. We're both just so positive about everything, not stressing about much at all, and it's just a really good time to go into labor. I'm sure that's WHY I'm not going into labor though. haha. that would just be too easy. :-) I was having lots of contractions earlier in the week and the baby was SOOOOOO insanely low that at any given time I felt like the baby would just slide out. Then we got our birth tub..... As much as i love it for it's relaxing properties, the 2nd time i got in this week I felt the baby dis-engage and float to the top of my uterus when I got in. It was the weirdest, most uncomfortable feeling! Now baby is not engaged at all, I've had maybe 2 contractions per day total and I feel like I could go another month if I needed to. :-( I'm just frustrated becaue I had felt like it was going to be any time and then the darn water worked against me. Anyone ever had this or heard of this before? It sounds nuts to me. Oh well, Until I hit my due date I refuse to "feel sorry for myself" for baby not coming. All along I said I bet I'd go close to my due date anyway so really all I did was get my hopes up with thinking baby would come early. The only SUPER painful complaint I have right now is rolling over in bed at night. Not just from the SPD pain which I've had since 16 weeks (although now it's soooo much better since going to chiro regularly) but literally the skin/uterus in my belly feels like it's just going to rip when I roll over and the weight sinks down. Also, I can't be on my back AT ALL. Like not even for 10 seconds. The instant I am flat on my back it feels like the most intense sharp shooting pain in my belly. I have to hurry and roll over to the other side without pausing on my back because if I don't I'm instantly in tears. This is the only reason I think I might possibly go early and only because I think if this continues my own body might just evict the baby. haha!

Well glad to hear everyone is doing so well. It's nice to read how everyone else is doing and know that I'm not alone. Good luck to those who are close and feeling like it could be any minute. And sending peaceful WAITING vibes for those of us who it looks like it might be awhile. :-) Have a great day everyone!!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM

38 weeks tomorrow and everything is going pretty well, though I am uber crabby today for some reason.  The usual kid noise is driving me insane!  By all accounts, I have really grown in the past week, my mom, MIL, and FIL all commented on it yesterday.  Yeah, I'm huge, awesome.

I have a mw appt tomorrow, trying to debate about whether I want her to try to stir things up or not.  Though I want him to come soon, I'm not sure I want to mess with it much.  There is also a restaurant in town that has a pasta dish renowned for putting women into labor, thinking about that too.  I was really thinking he would be early (and I know he still could be), it's kind of frustrating going to bed each night knowing that he didn't some.  Not logical really, but what can I do?

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 PM

One of my came on Friday April 13 a few years back and we stopped at the accountants on the way to the hospital to sign our tax paperwork.  It was for an induction so I wasn't having any contractions, but it still makes for a funny story.

I started packing my bag.  I have a few things left to pack.  I need to figure out what I'm going to wear home from the hospital, but figure I have time for that.  I still have to wear most of it.  I'm hoping for some inspiration to figure out what I'm going to bring this baby home in.  My mom game me a cute outfit but it is white and again, won't photograph well, but at least the baby won't be naked!

My next appointment is Tuesday with the GBS test.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM

35w4d here, so not too much happening as far as prelabor beyond my apparently typical consistent prodromal labor, I had it for weeks with dd, so I'm not surprised. Fortunately it is not as bad as with dd, or maybe I'm just too busy to pay attention. I've started nesting and organizing the house amd getting stuff together for the home birth, the mw home visit is on tuesday!

Working on finishing up knitting his first outfit, it is a bamboo fleece kimono, with a blue green knit kimono top in purewool 1ply, and knit longies in the same yarn with braids down the side. Probably should make a hat too. I realized that I had a ton of small covers, but no nb pul covers, so sewed up some last night, and omg they are so teeny and precious!

foodwise, I need to menu plan, our freezer is tiny so I can't stock up well. Anyone got any great crockpot meals?

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 03-27-2011, 01:28 PM

haven't chatted much here, but i am 36w/5days and feeling good actually. Still not expecting dd until at least EDD of 4/19, but thinking maybe even a few days later, so I am going along like all is well. I picked out an outfit for her to come home in a week ago and washed it and everything and then today i had this great fear, what if she does come early and/or she is little? I have a 0-3 outfit picked out as that is what i had for ds and he was 9lbs at birth, but now i have convinced myself i must have a size NB alternative in case she is smaller than i expect. Taxes aren't done still need dh to get on that, he will probably be doing them april 14th while i'm in the midst of labor/ j/k, lol! We have to pay every year so yeah we do put it off until that last moment but i would like him to get them done in the next week or two seeing how i am due in 3!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone have a lot of soreness under their belly? It feels muscular and I'm wondering if when I lay on my side in bed, it's pulling too much on my muscles. I didn't have this with DS, maybe this baby is bigger? I laid on my back for a moment last night and felt SO MUCH weight on top! I feel the straining when I laugh or walk. I'm sure it's normal but anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

38 weeks tomorrow and everything is going pretty well, though I am uber crabby today for some reason.  The usual kid noise is driving me insane!  By all accounts, I have really grown in the past week, my mom, MIL, and FIL all commented on it yesterday.  Yeah, I'm huge, awesome.

I have a mw appt tomorrow, trying to debate about whether I want her to try to stir things up or not.  Though I want him to come soon, I'm not sure I want to mess with it much.  There is also a restaurant in town that has a pasta dish renowned for putting women into labor, thinking about that too.  I was really thinking he would be early (and I know he still could be), it's kind of frustrating going to bed each night knowing that he didn't some.  Not logical really, but what can I do?

This week at the chiro I will have her do more adjustments to loosen things up more (that is Weds, 38w2d, the same day actually that I did that with DS and water broke the next day). I'm feeling pretty done all of a sudden.  I'm feeling more cranky too. Since I went around 38w with DS it's so hard not to think that things will happen this week with this one.

I wonder what is in that dish!!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 PM

So... I know I posted this whole thing earlier about being in a good place mentally/emotionally right now, but I just have to whine for a second. I woke up this morning feeling very "it's been all about me" lately and feeling like I should give DH and DC a little break today to have it be about them. I didn't bug DH half as often with things (aka: Can you bring me this, can we clean/wash this, etc.) and this gave him a few opportunities to sit down and relax today which is awesome because he NEVER gets to. I mean honestly, this man is a saint. He is soooo helpful around here and I literally sit on my butt all day long while he attends to me. Trust me, I know how lucky I am!! Problem is, I'm 9 months pregnant and "emotionally stable" at 9 months pregnant is ALOT different than being truly emotionally stable. lol. I was soooo bored today while the rest of my family had a nice day together doing stuff that I'm too tired to do. I'm too exhausted to care about the stuff left on our list that still needs to get done (which today would've been a good time to do some of it!) so I literally just sat around on here, FB, and any other website that halfway caught my attention. I'd wanted to go grocery shopping or take the kids to a movie today but DH had some other stuff he wanted to get done so (as mentioned above) for once I just let him do what he wanted/needed to do. I'm glad I did but at the same time I think it really through us all off. haha. Kids were holy terrors today and could sense something was a little different and to be honest, I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I feel ignored today. SOOOO STUPID I know! But that's what it feels like in my pregnant mind. As much as DH enjoyed the break I think we should all just stick with the normal routine because it works for us. DH loves feeling like the provider, I love having everything be about me and the baby, and the kids are used to seeing us this way. Anyway, I know this sounds really silly but I figured of all places here would be where I could vent. :-)

HOpe I didn't bore you all to death. ;-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

That is funny and understandable, Erica. Your DH sounds like mine, and though things were off as a result, I think it's great you gave some preference to DH since he's been doing so much. I let DH sleep in on Saturday which he hasn't done in months, and he's been watching all the basketball he wants so he's enjoyed that.

I hope you're up for getting some things done tomorrow!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

36+3 here and ready to be done! I had mild contractions every 30min yesterday, but they petered out at bedtime. I did not sleep at ALL except just long enough to have a really disturbing dream. I won't describe it, but it involved the death of a baby (not mine) during birth, so it shook me up some. On top of all that, I've got a cold. It's not horrible, but annoying and makes me feel totally blegh. Here's hoping I can shake this thing soon. I started taking black cohosh tincture a couple of days ago to help things along, but no cervical change so far. I know that it takes about a week for cohosh to cause any change, so it should put me right about when DS was born, at 37+1. That stuff is NASTY. I have to keep a strong-tasting drink on hand to chase it or it makes me gag.

I think we're pretty much good to go. The house could use a bit of cleaning, but that's always true. wink1.gif We have all our baby stuff, all the birth supplies (except a scale), and we just need to get the carseat installed. Been waiting for a not-rainy, not-freezing day to do that. So tomorrow, if I'm feeling better, we'll do that and pack our hospital transfer bag, which we hopefully won't need!

Now if we could just decide on a name...

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM

37w3d now and just waiting...

I survived DD'd birthday party yesterday (huge production at our house!).  We had an absolute blast, but I pretty much spent all day today recovering and will try to get the house back in order tomorrow.  I feel completely ready (except for needing a name! You're not alone Mandy!)  We had our home visit with the MW last week along with my GBS test.  I will hopefully get those results back at my appt. this Wednesday.

Like a few others, I am feeling like my belly will explode at any minute! I don't know how much more stress/strain my body can take.  Rolling over at night is nearly impossible at this point.  I am trying to fit in a little more meditation/labor relaxation time to try to mentally prepare.  DH and I went to a Bradley refresher class last week (and will go to another this week) with our old Bradley instructor, and it has been nice to carve out a little time to dedicate to the upcoming labor.  I'm starting to worry a little that this labor is going to be harder than my first... I almost want to just get it over with before I have more time to sit around and let the anxiety build :/ 

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 AM

blah.  up at 230 am. having contractions and feeling uncomfortable.  don't think its a labor thing just an uncomfortable restless thing.  this isn't great.  I have to get up for work in less than 3 hours and work til 7pm. not good. 

i want to stop working so badly.  I can but I'm afraid of stopping and then not having a baby for 3 weeks and losing 3 weeks of my FMLA time sitting home with no baby!

Our weekend was so busy with baby shower, birthday parties, etc.  So much fun but so,so busy.  But really wish I could get back to sleep for a few hours!!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post

blah.  up at 230 am. having contractions and feeling uncomfortable.  don't think its a labor thing just an uncomfortable restless thing.  this isn't great.  I have to get up for work in less than 3 hours and work til 7pm. not good. 

i want to stop working so badly.  I can but I'm afraid of stopping and then not having a baby for 3 weeks and losing 3 weeks of my FMLA time sitting home with no baby!

Our weekend was so busy with baby shower, birthday parties, etc.  So much fun but so,so busy.  But really wish I could get back to sleep for a few hours!!

feel better insomniac buddy! :)  only I'm totally rested.......odd I know......

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

37w3d here. spent saturday contracting and cranky but had to suck it up since it was my oldest sons 16th birthday party. by 11pm the contractions stopped and i was spent. I just really want to meet this little person so badly. I am so not ready. no bag packed for the hospital, cant find the hat i made that matches the pants I made. realized I am way short on NB dipes and cant find the snappies.  I do however have a menu done for the next two weeks and a grocery list for dh for next weeks meals. Im tired and every time I take a step the front of my pelvis clicks. it hurts. It has gotten better since seeing the chiro but it still isnt great. today he said he would do something for me that will help things go if they are ready. i want this baby out sooner rather than later between the SPD and the GD i have just had enough. but it doesnt seem like baby is ready at all so Ill just sit and crab about it.

i had a dream last night that I gave birth to baby at home by accident totally alone. it wasnt traumatic it was peaceful and happy.  but everyone kept asking me "is it a boy or a girl, what is the baby's name?" i realized i forgot to look. i went back to look and the baby smiled at me and then I woke up... i just want to hold this little giblet so badly

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM

These chicken pox are making me crabby.  O isn't too bothered by them at all, though.  He broke out with a few more yesterday.  Aaargh!  I'm 36 weeks and can't handle not knowing if the others are going to break out with them too.  That is driving my schedule driven brain wonky!!!!  If I didn't have a severe pph last time I would seriously consider going UC.  I'm not sure what we'll do for child care because my mom is suppose to watch them, but she also watches my young nephew and we can't expose him.

I'm seeing the chiro this afternoon so I'm looking forward to see if that helps me with the hip pain.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM

I want to be done working too!  I'm here now and I'm crabby, uncomfortable, and swelling.  Work days I puff up like crazy and non-work days my ankles look completely normal.  I have a desk job so I know it's from sitting all day but it's awful.  I know that the closer that I can work to my delivery date the better, and I'm taking every Friday off right now.  It's still hard though.  I leave my house at 7:15am, drop both kids off, work, pick both kids up and get home at 6:15pm.  11 hour days four days in a row are not fun at 37 weeks!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM

39 weeks and so ready. I'm going to start packing the hospital bag tonight and am planning on getting a pedicure and hair cut this week. We still need to grab a few things out of the attic, but I need DH to do that.

My kiddo is crying about something, better go figure that out.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

I had that too, last pregnancy, for months. I eventually got compression stockings to wear every day to help with circulation and it wasn't quite as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twegs View Post

I want to be done working too!  I'm here now and I'm crabby, uncomfortable, and swelling.  Work days I puff up like crazy and non-work days my ankles look completely normal.  I have a desk job so I know it's from sitting all day but it's awful.  I know that the closer that I can work to my delivery date the better, and I'm taking every Friday off right now.  It's still hard though.  I leave my house at 7:15am, drop both kids off, work, pick both kids up and get home at 6:15pm.  11 hour days four days in a row are not fun at 37 weeks!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 PM

nuts! i didn't know there was a new thread and am woefully behind!

it's looking like i'll get the april baby that i was figuring on :D today was my second due date. got one more one the 31st. i'm thinking that i'll hang in there until april.

i hope everyone is doing well! just making sure i get subscribed, and will go back to review the details ;)

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 03-29-2011, 06:02 AM

I've never been to a chiro before.  She had a table that would drop out and make some of the adjustments.  She also gave me a couple of exercises to do one of which is crossing my legs.  I though that crossing legs might be illegal so I haven't done it much.

My 4th was at the doctor's yesterday getting her varicella vaccine.  It's her second and her doctor is hoping that it will prevent her from getting it with being around her brother.  It might not work, but she said it is worth trying.  That makes me feel a big more calm about the situation.

Going in for my app't today.  I feel bad for dh because he doesn't get to come along since we can't bring O into the clinic.  I'm trying to rack my brains about any questions that I might want to ask but so far I have none.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:19 PM

So DH and I have a girl's name we both like. We're still going to wait until we see the baby to decide for sure, but it's a good name all the same. Abigail Kathleen, Abby for short. Still no boy's name, though. Not good, since genetics are on the side of a boy (DH is one of three boys) and we've both been leaning towards boy. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I've been having strong menstrual cramp-type sensations for a couple of hours and the baby is VERY low suddenly, but I don't seem to be having any regular contractions or anything. I'm hoping those are signs of impending labor, though. Today would be the absolute BEST day for the baby to be born - it's DH's 30th birthday!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Old 03-30-2011, 06:08 AM

Love Abby!  Such a sweet name!  You'll know if it fits her as you get to hold her.

We're still struggling with boy names so I'm no help for you with that!

My appt went well.  I'm measuring 41 weeks.  Only have gained 23 pounds this pregnancy which is about 20 pounds less than any other pregnancy.  We're scheduled next week to see the perinatologist to have scan for size.  My 4th was almost 9 pounds and my 5th had a 14 inch head so we'll see how this one measures up.  I'm not that motivated to go early because we have to wait another 2-3 weeks to know if #4 will break out in chicken pox or not.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM

had an appointment today with midwife.  2cm/50%/-1  enough dilated that she could get in and strip a little.  that makes me happy even though realistically that means nothing.  I did go into labor within 24 hrs the only other time we stripped membranes but I was 41 weeks so I'm not expecting that this time.  Now all of a sudden I'm totally freaked out and thinking 'holy crap am I ready for this!?!?" I'm having some bleeding after the exam, too.  EEEEK!  

My friends hubby has to have an unexpected surgery tomorrow and I am supposed to watch their kids from 11-2 or 3.  I'm still hoping for Friday for delivery but not really expecting to get what I want! Guess we will see how this all plays out.  I think after Sunday (my last day scheduled to work) I will be able to get in a better place about possibly going to 41-42 weeks.  Right now it seems like a nightmare but I know I did it before and can do it again.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 PM

Had my 39 week appt yesterday, 2 cm and had my membranes swept. I'm crampy, but still here waiting, so I guess my body just isn't ready.

These last couple of weeks are so challenging. I feel like hiding. DHs coworker's wife was due the same day as me and had the baby on Monday morning. I am SO jealous!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)

User Tag List