Anyone else not in labour? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

40 weeks tomorrow and definitely not in labor. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for another 2 weeks... This is tough!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#32 of 57 Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 AM

I'm 40 weeks on Tuesday.  All day yesterday I had irregular contractions, with 40-90 minutes in between, plus I've been fighting a sinus something or other since Thursday.  Today, NOTHING.  shrug.gif

#33 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 AM

So, my water broke at 12:05 Saturday morning and she was born at 3:49...guess she was just determined NOT to be an April fool's baby ;) . Now we're just chilling, getting to learn how to nurse and recovering from the birth. I think I definitely prefer longer labors, though!

Mother to one (8/08) with another on the way (04/11)
#34 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm 37w5d and nothing is happening here.  If baby decided to come before 39 I would be totally shocked.  DS was born at 41w6d and DD was born at 39w6d but DS was induced and DD was induced with castor oil since I had PROM and no labor.  So she probably would've come after 40 without the PROM.  Besides taking EPO orally and vaginally I'm not going to do anything to start labor unless I get close to 42 weeks.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#35 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 11:11 AM

38 weeks today. I'm trying to be calm about everything, but I'm having so many contractions, almost every day. I keep wondering if he's coming early.

His sisters were 11 days late (induced), 19 days late, and then 1 day after EDD. Just taking it one day at a time. Trying to remind myself that waiting is much preferable to getting induced. 

He can't drop any lower though without falling out! 

Congrats to you Geist!

#36 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Congrats Geist!!! Still not in labor here... and getting SICk SICK SICK of all this prodromal "is this it??" crap! Seriously, I'm going to start going to bed at 5pm so I dont' have to sit here in the evenings with contractions anymore. I never assume it's going to be anything but of course I keep thinking but HOW MUCH LONGER can this go on?? Last night I thought my water broke because during a contraction a lot of warm liquid came out... but after HOURS of contemplating every little detail about what happened I determined it was just some of DH's "donations" from DTD like 20 mins before it happened. It felt so liquidy though that I SWORE that's what it was... but nothing else since and no real contractions since. just the off and on stuff like usual. grrrrrrr So tired of this!! Now today DH is gone for 14 hours and the only way he can come home sooner than that is if I go into labor. lol. So I'm really hoping I just go into labor right now so he can come home because this is the longest, most boring day EVER! *sigh* Hope everyone else is having a good day! Congrats again Geist! can't wait to read your birth story! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#37 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM

36w5d here... I had TONS of prodromal labor with DD and was way dilated at this point. This time around I'm a stretchy 1cm (which could be attributed to having had a baby before) and braxton hicks but nothing like with DD. Then again, I'm a lot busier and just ignoring them too. I had DD at 39 weeks and just not feeling like he is going to be here sooner... though I really want him to! I'm getting bored of being pregnant - I know, that is an awful reason! It is just that the sooner that he comes (and I'm hoping it is closer to 39 weeks and just not 42+ weeks, just fwiw), the sooner we can switch insurance plans back to the no cost option vs. this one that is costing us quite a bit. DH switched jobs in January from one that paid out once a month to one that pays more, but every 2 weeks. However, this means that there are 2 months that he gets 3 paychecks - EXCEPT - that is money that I was counting on to have in our monthly budget. Ugh. Also, didn't expect to have to pay as much as we are for insurance since it was 100% provided before. 

So basically, financially, it would be nice if he would decided to come in April and not in May...

Plus, I'm still nursing, and well, I would like to have milk again and not dry nurse - it hurts when she latches and it gives me the heebie jeebies. 

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#38 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

Last night I thought my water broke because during a contraction a lot of warm liquid came out... but after HOURS of contemplating every little detail about what happened I determined it was just some of DH's "donations" from DTD like 20 mins before it happened. It felt so liquidy though that I SWORE that's what it was... but nothing else since and no real contractions since.

That was me last night, exactly - felt like I was leaking, but I don't think I was.  Was probably the same reason you mentioned. Oh and we have the same edd. orngtongue.gif

Congrats Geist!!!  joy.gif  Post your birth story when you are up for it.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#39 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

That was me last night, exactly - felt like I was leaking, but I don't think I was.  Was probably the same reason you mentioned. Oh and we have the same edd. orngtongue.gif

Congrats Geist!!!  joy.gif  Post your birth story when you are up for it.

LOL. I know- I've become more aware of everyone's due dates lately and know all of us that share a due date! :-) I think you and I are the only April 11th people left. Jennifer was one of us and I think Geist was too (not sure though) I would love to have a 4/4/11 baby but since it's 7pm here and I haven't had much of anything yet I doubt it'll happen today. Tomorrow would be just about perfect though! And 4/5 would be pretty cool since DS was 5/6 :-) We could keep that pattern going. Good luck to you! (But don't leave me!! lol. We have to have our babies on the same day so we can be due date buddies/bday buddies. HAHA)

ETA: oh , and VBAC buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#40 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:

LOL. I know- I've become more aware of everyone's due dates lately and know all of us that share a due date! :-) I think you and I are the only April 11th people left. Jennifer was one of us and I think Geist was too (not sure though) I would love to have a 4/4/11 baby but since it's 7pm here and I haven't had much of anything yet I doubt it'll happen today. Tomorrow would be just about perfect though! And 4/5 would be pretty cool since DS was 5/6 :-) We could keep that pattern going. Good luck to you! (But don't leave me!! lol. We have to have our babies on the same day so we can be due date buddies/bday buddies. HAHA)

That's funny - DH's bday is 5/6.  I looked at the roster and I think we have a couple others for 4/11 but I'm not sure if they've joined us lately. 

I was chatting with a friend who is a childbirth educator online just now and talking about the baby being posterior lately. She urged me to do the rebozo technique from spinning babies so I'll get on that tonight. http://spinningbabies.com/techniques/activities-for-fetal-positioning/rebozo-sifting.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#41 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 04:47 PM

I'm another 4/11 mama:).  I know there were a LOT of us due that day!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#42 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 PM

Nadia- Awesome! So glad there's at least one more of us! that way if Cook goes into labor and leaves us we still have each other! lol. :-)

#43 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

That's funny - DH's bday is 5/6.  I looked at the roster and I think we have a couple others for 4/11 but I'm not sure if they've joined us lately. 

Ha! That IS funny. My DS was 5/6/09 and it looks like you had your last LO in 4/09. We have alot in common. :-)

#44 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM

I've been told several different EDD and they are all this week...4-5, 4-9, 4-11. Soooooooooo im just wondering and waiting! I really dont want to go much longer as my 3rd baby was 2 weeks early and was 8+3 and my last baby was right on the due date and was 10+2. i just am a bit scared to have another 10pound baby!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#45 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Nadia- Awesome! So glad there's at least one more of us! that way if Cook goes into labor and leaves us we still have each other! lol. :-)

LOL, I'm sure I won't be first. But, baby seems to be back to anterior which is good. We did the rebozo for a few minutes and I'm not sure if that did it or if he turned before. I'm just trying to encourage him/her to stay in that position now at least for the evening. Granted, I am only 39w so baby just might need more time. But, I do feel this baby is big. DS was 9lbs 2oz at 38w3d (OR, 39w3d at the most) so I feel this baby will be close to that weight. Part of me in being a VBAC wants the same size or bigger just to stick it to anyone who secretly things big babies can't be birthed.

Quote:

Ha! That IS funny. My DS was 5/6/09 and it looks like you had your last LO in 4/09. We have alot in common. :-)

Let's both go into labor tonight then and we can keep up a good track record together hehe.

#46 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

I'm due on the 12th.  I am feeling way more prepared to have a baby these past few days but I'm still hoping for 40+ weeks.  I'd like to go at least until the 15th because then my whole birth "team" will be here.  Baby is still moving like crazy - going from left to right and I still feel very comfortable during the day and still sleep well in the AM.  Sleeping at night isn't great but it's been that way for a while.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#47 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 06:42 PM

I'm due the 13th - so very close to the 11th lol.  Lots of early labor but nothing drastic enough to bring baby yet.  Been happening for 2/2.5 weeks now.  Not sure I'll notice the difference between the early stuff and when it turns into active!  we shall see though!

Would love to send some baby labor dust and would love some in return goodvibes.gif

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#48 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Ok. Can intestinal cramping be contractions? I feel terrible right now - very sore 'roids/bottom and a lot of intestinal cramping and diarrhea. I never get intestinal bugs. What is this? I want it to go away or else be real labor! I had chicken, sweet potatoes and mushrooms for dinner. Now I have to go to the bathroom again and am afraid of the pain that will ensue as a result of these loose BMs. Sorry, tmi. This is day 4 of all of this but it's especially bad tonight.

#49 of 57 Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 PM

I've had lots of false labor. Saturday was my last night working and I was convinced I was in labor the whole night. Once I got in the car to go home the contractions died out and by the time I got to bed they were done.  This is the third time I've had consistent contractions for over 4 hours and then they stop. I guess it's a good thing because I'm battling a sinus infection right now.

I just hope the baby comes before next Tuesday. My mother and sister are coming to visit and I really don't want to deal with labor while my mother is here.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#50 of 57 Old 04-05-2011, 08:08 AM

Well... I kept dreaming that I was in labor last night, but then I kept waking up and NOT being in labor.  Maybe someday this baby will come.

#51 of 57 Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM

same here! except i dreamed that the baby had turned breech and i was starting labor. i was frantically trying to text the midwife, but my fingers weren't working well. i finally gave up and tried to call her, but i couldn't figure out the phone at all. and then crazy dream stuff started happening. the baby was moving a LOT before i went to sleep last night, so i think my fear that the baby is going to be posterior is getting to me

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#52 of 57 Old 04-05-2011, 02:44 PM

count me in on the labor dreams. But I have them EVERY NIGHT! Literally every single night I dream that I'm in labor and that my water broke or I"m having contractions, etc. Then I wake up to be profoundly disappointed! It's HORRIBLE!!!! lol. I think I have contractions alot in my sleep and this is what's causing it. Like I think they're just not bad enough to wake me up but enough that subconsciously my body knows they're happening. When I wake up to go to the bathroom at night I feel them (and am disappointed that my dreams earlier int he night weren't real) but they're not bad enough to keep me from falling back asleep. *sigh* oh well.

As for size of the baby... I'm actually on the other end of that. DD was 7lbs 5oz at 12 days overdue. DS was only 5lbs 9oz but was born at 35 weeks. I have no idea what to expect from this one since all babies are different, but I'd guess 7.5 lbs or so. Of course now that I say this a whopping 10lber is gonna come flyin outta there. haha! And Cook- I hear you on the "stick it to them" with the big baby thing. :-) I had 2 csections, both "failure to progress". I'm going to send my birth story with photos to my old OBs office and show them that if they "allowed me to progress" this is the result. thumb.gif

Can tonight be our night? please? P L E A S E???? haha.

#53 of 57 Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:

Yep, there are enough of us due that no one will be left alone for a bit :)

Any day now is fine with me, I had a growth u/.s just to double check things b/c i am measuring 4 weeks behind, but everything looks great :).

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#54 of 57 Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Any day would be awesome. I'm getting so frustrated.

Everytime I walk anywhere or try to get chores done, I get contractions now. We walked to dinner last night, not far, and by the time we got back, I was sure that the baby was on his way. Nope, rested and they went away! I'm 38.5 weeks, I realize this can go on for another 3 or 4 weeks. How am I supposed to get anything done? Thankfully, I have 3 daughters aged 10, 7 and 5 and they do a lot around the house for me.

Good luck to everyone and crossing fingers that all of our babies make their way out soon!

#55 of 57 Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Nope, i was due 4/3 and was sooo sure I would have a March baby since my son was due early Sept. and came 2 weeks early in August. Thanks for the congrats...we're slowly settling in and eventually I'll get around to writing down the birth story

Mother to one (8/08) with another on the way (04/11)
#56 of 57 Old 04-07-2011, 06:39 AM

my march baby is STILL staying put! i lost a little plug and some fluid yesterday and thought for sure i'd at least be having more contractions, if not full on labor. but nope, still here! at least i've figured out some stuff to do today. my son wants lasagna, and i think i'm going to put some shutterfly books together and work on the baby' baby book. so, at least there's something to *do* today. (besides worry about having no fluid :/)

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#57 of 57 Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM

KaPOW - Hopefully that helps get things moving for you!

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page