Anyone else not in labour? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Man, I'm jealous!  I'm almost 39 weeks and while all of you are spotting, loosing mucous plugs, contracting and having waters break (naturally) I'm just feeling the odd BH contx.  AND IT"S NOT EVEN APRIL!!! lol.gif

*sigh*  I'm happy for all of you, I am and  I know there are others in the same boat as me (like all of you due at the end of April) but I want to have my baby too!

end of rant.

#2 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymama View Post

Man, I'm jealous!  I'm almost 39 weeks and while all of you are spotting, loosing mucous plugs, contracting and having waters break (naturally) I'm just feeling the odd BH contx.  AND IT"S NOT EVEN APRIL!!! lol.gif

*sigh*  I'm happy for all of you, I am and  I know there are others in the same boat as me (like all of you due at the end of April) but I want to have my baby too!

end of rant.

lol.gif
i hear ya! i'll be 40 weeks tomorrow... and feeling like it'll never happen. but who knows, it could be either one of us by the end of the night! i hear birth can be like that! winky.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#3 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM

LOL! Me!!

Just the other day I was thinking "Geez mommas! This is the 'APRIL' DDC in case you all missed the memo ;) "

I'm 37w6d with absolutely no end in sight...

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#4 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 AM

Yep, 36w2d here and have just in the past few days tipped from "lalala I'm pregnant, I have plenty of time to get ready" to "OMG under 4 weeks left!" to "I WANT MY BABY NOW!" Trying to be patient and not read too much into the fact that all my mom's kids came right on time or early...I have no signs of labor, nothing. Not even recognizable BH.

Seeing all these sweet little babies popping into the world has made me so impatient...

kalamos23 likes this.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#5 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 08:29 AM

LOL.

I'm one of those that are "having some signs" but nothing that says it will be today or anything. This cracks me up! I was just thinking the same thing about the fact that so many of us are having babies or signs of impending babies and it's not even April 1st yet. I told DH about how many women were posting about false start labors and we joked that it must be the half moon right now... Half moon=half in labor, half not. lol.gif Hope we don't all wait till the next supermoon which is mid-April. Hang in ladies. It'll happen for all of us when it's supposed to.

BTW, there's an old saying about babies born on each day of the week. Not sure if anyone has heard of it before but I used this as a tool yesterday to soothe myself from the frustrating start and stop labor signs. It goes:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.[1]  

(sorry for the hyperlinks- I copied from Wikipedia. lol) Anyway, I was so frustrated yesterday at having labor fizzle out but then I remembered this poem and decided it's God's way of saving me from a Wednesday baby who is full of woe (ahem, unlike DS! lol) If I don't have the baby today I'll tell myself that it's because I'm going to have an amazing Friday baby, etc. etc. etc. It sounds silly but I swear it has put my mind at ease. Mostly I think because for DD and DS it is SOOOOO true. DS is a Wednesday baby and DD was a Sunday baby. She is an angel and he is a menace (lol Love him to death but it's the truth!) Hopefully this will help someone else too!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#6 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 AM

whoa! What happened to my text on that last post?? weird! lol.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#7 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 AM

I am 38 weeks 6 days and not in labor. Yesterday at my appt, the Dr said I am 80% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated and that the baby's head is in my pelvis. Since this is a LOT of progress since my last appointment, I'm hoping it means labor-time is near! My whole pelvis feels like it going to fall out and I think the baby is pushing against my stomach, making me nauseous. Also I am so tired, trying to keep working, but feeling pretty useless. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the last days of pregnancy and that I will be totally sleep deprived and exhausted. I already can't sleep more than an hour and a half at a time. I might as well have a baby to keep me company. At least after the birth, I'll be physically comfortable enough to take short naps without being in pain.

#8 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 AM

yup!  I got nothing! 

37 weeks and change and planning for at least another week or two (or more).  I'm going to see my midwife tomorrow though, and I haven't decided if I'm going to let her check me or not.  I'm really curious so someone should talk me out of it!

#9 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm 36 weeks 6 days with di/di twins........and nothing.  No mucus plug, no contractions, nada!  Loving watching all these babes being born!

#10 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 AM

Don't worry, there are PLENTY of us left. This does seem unique though for a DDC to have so many mamas with labor and babies before the month even starts!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#11 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Yup lots left! It's hard to wait, especially with so many babies born and it's not even april yet! I'm getting really anxious to meet my little girl. But I still have several more weeks, upwards of six even if she decides to be "late" :P  Time to hurry up and wait!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#12 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 PM

Haha, I am 38ish weeks, and must be among the few who won't mind the baby staying in there as long as possible. My son was extracted at 41w5d (after failed inductions); my HBAC daughter was born at 42w5d. My midwife is so certain that my baby won't come around the due date (April 13-16, depending on the calculations), that she is going away to a conference those dates. Anyway, my baby is still breech, or transverse at best. The earliest I have expected this baby might be during Easter week.

Remember ladies, this is the APRIL DDC, and APRIL doesn't even start until tomorrow! I expect quite a few to have babies in May. :)

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#13 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilee21 View Post

Haha, I am 38ish weeks, and must be among the few who won't mind the baby staying in there as long as possible. My son was extracted at 41w5d (after failed inductions); my HBAC daughter was born at 42w5d. My midwife is so certain that my baby won't come around the due date (April 13-16, depending on the calculations), that she is going away to a conference those dates. Anyway, my baby is still breech, or transverse at best. The earliest I have expected this baby might be during Easter week.

Remember ladies, this is the APRIL DDC, and APRIL doesn't even start until tomorrow! I expect quite a few to have babies in May. :)

I'm hella uncomfortable, but I want the baby to stay as long as possible.  My job is weird in that I can take 6 weeks paid after the baby is born, but even though I have more than that accrued in sick time I can't use it.  If my baby comes on my due date, that means I have to work for two weeks before summer break (I am a teacher).  So every day I go over gets me another day home with the baby and not at work.  So even though I look like a walrus trying to stand up when I get out of bed (noises and all), and even though every trip up the stairs causes giggles from my 6 year old because of ridiculous looking waddling, and even though I'm about to crawl out of my skin each time I look through my wardrobe of clothes I can't stand and/or that don't fit right anymore, I cherish each day that I can have with the baby after she arrives.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#14 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

Nothing here too, which is GOOD as far as I'm concerned.  Sleep is becoming difficult but, other than that, I feel good and, therefore, totally happy for this little baby to stay inside where it's warm and cozy, fed and happy.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#15 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
38w5d today, no early labor signs whatsoever, haven't had my cervix checked and don't plan to, and I'm not at all jealous of those who have had their babies or will very soon - happy for them yes, but not envious in the least!

DS was born at 41w3d and I have a feeling that this one will be right around 41 weeks give or take a day or two. I still have quite a few things I need to get done before 40 weeks and another list of things that would be nice to do before baby arrives. As far as I'm concerned, baby can take their sweet time.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#16 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I hope all of you have your babies around the time you want be it early, late or on time!

Erica - I've a Monday's child and a Wednesday's child.  By far my Monday born is way more tempermantal and "full of woe" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by twegs View Post

yup!  I got nothing! 

37 weeks and change and planning for at least another week or two (or more).  I'm going to see my midwife tomorrow though, and I haven't decided if I'm going to let her check me or not.  I'm really curious so someone should talk me out of it!

Don't do it! smile.gif  I never have, besides, things can progress so slowly or quickly that it may not do anything but cause more "what-ifs" and questions about when your baby will come.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#17 of 57 Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 PM

LOL about the poem! DD1 was born on a wednesday and HOLY COW!!!!! She had colic and was the hardest baby I have ever met in my life!

DD2 was born on Saturday and I don't know about a hard worker yet - but she was a DREAM as a baby (not so much as a toddler, but oh well ;-))

The other one is my bonus adopted step-daughter......I'm not sure what day she was born on - let me check......Thursday!

Anyways - I am 37 and a few days and I do get some strong contractions that peter off right around the hour mark (of course!) and the baby is literally COMING out she is so freaking low! I am kind of excited though - because April is my b-day month so I am happy I made it to April =) 

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#18 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Almost 40 weeks and still not in labor. Siiigh. I've never been this pregnant before! Contractions off and on through out the day since before I was 38 weeks. In the last couple days I've started losing my mucus plug and now seem to have a steady flow of it out...but still no baby. I am so ready to have this baby. But I did just find out a ton of other women at my midwives' office have gone into labor and they're short a midwife, so if I want to have a homebirth, I have to hold her in a little while longer, or hope the other women go fast. I'm hoping the other women go fast ;)

Mother to one (8/08) with another on the way (04/11)
#19 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 AM

41 weeks tomorrow and still with baby :) i think i'm the only march lady left!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#20 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

you get the longevity award :)

Mother to one (8/08) with another on the way (04/11)
#21 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM

having a baby in april will be the reward :D i was hoping for an april baby!

#22 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM

and, i still don't have a name picked out. grumble.

#23 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:

My EDD with my son was July 22nd; he's an August baby. My EDD with my daughter was June 25th, but by then I knew better than to join the June DDC and went straight to the one for July - she was born in the middle of that month. The only reason I took a chance on staying in the April DDC this time is because my EDD is early enough in the month - the 13th - that it will still be April even if I go beyond 42 weeks. ;)

#24 of 57 Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 PM

exactly! i only just barely joined the march club, because it really didn't seem likely that i'd be early - i was induced after being 10 days past my edd with my first child. but, they say the second one comes earlier, so i thought *maaaaybe*. i'm so curious how long i'll go this time, since i've got a midwife now and we won't be inducing.

#25 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 06:22 AM

My 2nd one came earlier, but 3,4,and 5 all came later.

Good news about making it to April:  diamond for the birthstone.  (I already have 2 April babies, so I'm looking forward to one more!)

justrose13 likes this.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#26 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 AM

kapow....hugs mama...hang in thier...it will be anyday now. Are you planning a homebirth?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#27 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 PM

I'm still pregnant too, EDD April 18th. I haven't really posted much, but have been keeping up with everyone.

All 3 of my girls have been late, so that's in my mind, but this baby (a boy) has already dropped and I'm waddling everywhere. My girls never dropped until I was in labor.

Hopefully it will be soon, but I know he could even be born in early May and it won't be abnormal for me. Plus I have a few things still to get before I'm ready for my homebirth, and an appointment to get henna on my belly later today, so a few more days would be just fine!

#28 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 PM

thank you :) yes, thankfully, otherwise i'm sure i'd be getting the "you might want to think about induction" talk. i just got my baby center thing in my email saying "Your One Week Old Baby" instead of "Your 41st week of pregnancy". lol I checked what it said about 41 weeks and it was all "your doctor will encourage you to be induced because of the higher risk of this and that, and if induction doesn't work you will have a c-section." GEEEEZ!

#29 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm 38 weeks. Not planning on him being here any time soon. All of my babes were 40 weeks +.

#30 of 57 Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

thank you :) yes, thankfully, otherwise i'm sure i'd be getting the "you might want to think about induction" talk. i just got my baby center thing in my email saying "Your One Week Old Baby" instead of "Your 41st week of pregnancy". lol I checked what it said about 41 weeks and it was all "your doctor will encourage you to be induced because of the higher risk of this and that, and if induction doesn't work you will have a c-section." GEEEEZ!

Grr, that's so annoying.  DS was a preemie and it was so annoying to get the "you're 36/37/etc" weeks ones that I stopped subscribing.  At least you're not getting an induction talk yet. :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page