April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the discomfort definitely comes and goes for me. a couple days in a row i'm feeling so worn down, then a new days comes and i feel 35 weeks pregnant again. must have to do with positioning, or body stress, or something... :/

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM

I am at work and I swear, that if one more co-worker asks me if I or my OB plans to induce, I will throw a stapler at their head.

Jeez people, it is April 5th. My due date is April 8th. The baby will come when she's ready.

Is induction the "thing" to do these days?

#63 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppiegirl View Post

Absolutely. Pretty much everybody is induced the second they reach 38 weeks. I know of very few people in recent years who haven't been induced or had a C-section or both.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#64 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM

yep. every single person outside of my "crunchy friends" has asked me what my induction date is. *that said* when i tell them that i don't plan to induce, half of them have responded with: "oh good for you! i was X days late with my baby and it was a great birth". so, i think it's just a general assumption that induction is the norm, even among "normal" people who choose not to be induced themselves lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

Absolutely. Pretty much everybody is induced the second they reach 38 weeks. I know of very few people in recent years who haven't been induced or had a C-section or both.

#65 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM

I agree... People are already asking me when (not if) I'm going to be induced.  It just seems like such a foriegn concept for them to actually just let the baby come. 

ETA - and I still have two weeks until my "due" date!

#66 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 AM

I've had several people comment on why am I still driving? WTH? Can I not drive? Plus we live in Mexico about 20 min from Texas and Texas is kind of like little Mexico..I am one of a hand full of non-hispanic americans....so I do get lots of questions and looks. I'm also a bit concerned because there is lots of fighting going on here in Mexico right now and i'm thinking....baby can sense that i'm a bit hesitant....and is deciding to stay inside for as long as possible. It's a crazy world we live in. I'm trying to stay positive and sane....but I can feel it all taking a toll on me!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#67 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 12:03 PM

it's amazing how perceptive these little guys are even inside.  For example my MIL came in yesterday and I am now so much more relaxed because I don't have to worry about the toddler.  Even when hubby was working from home it was difficult because he had calls and times when he needed it to be quiet (sure that's easy with a 2 year old!) so he could get work so I couldn't focus you know?

Now the ctx are stronger and more regular.  I'm hoping things really happen now!

kittn likes this.

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#68 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM

Kittn, have you tried chiropractic and/or massage?   I'm a chiropractor and have had good success with treating pubic symphysis pain late in pregnancy as well as getting adjusted for it myself.  One of our MTs at work has given me AMAZING relief, as I've had more intense low back and hip pain with this one.  Of course, the only "cure" is to have the baby, but those ligaments can stay loose for up to a year after pregnancy so you may have some residual pain even after delivery.  Also, for delivery, don't know if birthing stool is an option or you, but that's basically a supported squat--great position, but without active muscles pulling on the joint. 

Hoping for a smooth delivery for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189

basically my pelvis is sooo relaxed that its misaligned and all the ligaments and tendons and everything else hurts. Sometimes I cant walk after getting up i cant roll over I cant sit long or stand long or walk long. 

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#69 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

mamato3wildponnies- OMG my Gma always says this to me. LOL."I can't believe your'e still driving" or telling me I shouldn't. With her I know it's her age and what the norm was when she was having babies. But still. lol. I'm like "uh, I'm not handicapped." lol. (even though I definitely feel like it sometimes) Having said that, I haven't really driven much this time because ocassionally I'll get a contraction out of nowhere that REALLY demands my attention and I don't feel very safe driving knowing this could happen. If it's a quick trip down the street or if I don't have a choice about it I will, but I've only driven once in the past 3 weeks so there's not really that many "emergencies" where I have to. DH is doing all the driving and errands. Poor thing is exhausted but damnit, so am I! lol. He can take a turn for a bit :-) I'm very lucky to have a DH who is willing to do all of this. I might as well take advantage of it when I really need it.

Kittn- Have you checked into a waterbirth? I know it's late in the game but that I think will be my saving grace with my SPD. I've been seeing a chiro at least once a week for the last few months and it's made a HUGE difference, but I think birthing in the water will be the biggest help for supportive positions. I'm already getting in my birth tub at least once a day and relaxing and I've been trying to envision different positions and am even practicing a few. I have contractions nightly so I've been getting in some nights during them so I know what is feeling good to me. Doesn't mean it'll be the same during *real* labor, but it makes me at least feel like I'm preparing in some way instead of just enduring these torturous prodromal labor-filled nights. lol.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#70 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM

I had my growth u/s and everything looks great, so that is a relief!  Neither I nor my m.w were really concerned, but being 4 weeks off at this stage in the game was just enough to warrant getting things checked out.  The u/s guess weight was 7 lbs 7 oz, it'll be interesting to see how close that compares to his actual weight.  The ob doign the u/s even said that it can be off as much as a pound either way, and we all know it can be even more than that!

I don't really mind if he decides to hang out for a while longer, but I'd just like to know when he plans on making his grand entrance, kwim?  The longest it can be is 3 weeks and that is doable, but it could be tonight.  If he's going to take his time, I want to fill up the days with things to do, but I don't want to do that if he's going to come soon cuz then I'll have to cancel all of it!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#71 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

we are using a birth stool with hubby behind me to basically make sure I dont really put pressure on my legs. its the only position I am even slightly comfy in .I cant even go on my hands and knees becasue of the pressure. I am seeing a chiropracter 3x a week right now and it has helped so much. I can lift my feet off the ground and most days I can dress myself! I wish water birth were an option but at my hospital it is not. however if Im in the tubby (big whirlpool tubs) and cant get out before the baby comes well they wont move me winky.gif

my mom is a MT and wont touch me. shes terrified she will cause some sort of chi imbalance or cause me to have to fast of a labor headscratch.gif Ive been in pain since 12 weeks this time and waited too long to start caring for it. next baby the first twinge and I will be at the chiro. I love mine. he is really good and also helped flip this kid out of breech a week or two ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdmama View Post

Kittn, have you tried chiropractic and/or massage?   I'm a chiropractor and have had good success with treating pubic symphysis pain late in pregnancy as well as getting adjusted for it myself.  One of our MTs at work has given me AMAZING relief, as I've had more intense low back and hip pain with this one.  Of course, the only "cure" is to have the baby, but those ligaments can stay loose for up to a year after pregnancy so you may have some residual pain even after delivery.  Also, for delivery, don't know if birthing stool is an option or you, but that's basically a supported squat--great position, but without active muscles pulling on the joint. 

Hoping for a smooth delivery for you!

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#72 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189

basically my pelvis is sooo relaxed that its misaligned and all the ligaments and tendons and everything else hurts. Sometimes I cant walk after getting up i cant roll over I cant sit long or stand long or walk long. 

Holy cow, I just read that link and didn't realize that's what I have!  I just thought I have normal pregnancy woes.  Rolling over in bed is so painful, as is when I first stand up to walk.  I just thought the baby had been sitting low for many weeks now.  I didn't realize I had a "condition" LOL.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#73 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppiegirl View Post

I am at work and I swear, that if one more co-worker asks me if I or my OB plans to induce, I will throw a stapler at their head.

Jeez people, it is April 5th. My due date is April 8th. The baby will come when she's ready.

Definitely! I don't know anybody who has had a baby recently (outside of my "crunchy" friends) who wasn't induced - the majority of them were induced several days before their EDD. People are shocked when I tell them we won't be inducing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post

I've had several people comment on why am I still driving? WTH? Can I not drive?

Too funny, somebody asked me the same thing yesterday... I can't drive because I'm past my due date??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

I don't really mind if he decides to hang out for a while longer, but I'd just like to know when he plans on making his grand entrance, kwim? 

I wish I could google "when is baby going to be born". Guess that's why so many people schedule an induction - it's nice to know when they're going to arrive!

I think baby is asynclitic. I've been doing some of the positioning stuff on spinning babies, it would be so nice to know that he's in a good position!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#74 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Dang it, I really thought I was going into labor tonight. I've been having the most insane pressure in my pelvis all day and lots of pain when I moved the wrong way. Then on the way home (we were 90 minutes from home), I was having contractions every 7 minutes or so with even stronger pressure in between them and I could barely walk when we got home. After getting home, I took a Gas-X, had some food, and went to the bathroom, and now I feel fine. So I guess it was gas or something.

Something happened this evening that irks the crap out of me. We stopped by a friend's house to visit his newborn. He lives with his dad and stepmom who are both smokers. When we came in, his dad was smoking and I said, "Hey, DS is allergic to cigarettes, so would you mind not smoking while we're here if that's ok?" He just looked at me and said, "Can't you just go in the bedroom?" That's what we were doing anyway, but DH and I are both asthmatic, I'm 9m pregnant, and DS is a kid. I don't feel like I was being unreasonable in asking that he not smoke during the half hour or so we were there. But his wife complained really loudly about how very rude of me it was to ask the second we left the room (very passive-aggressive and rude in and of itself, IMO) and the two of them chain-smoked the entire time we were there. Was I being rude?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#75 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Minkajane, I would have been very annoyed too. I hate cigarettes and go to great lengths to avoid being around it. I think I would have just walked right out of the house once I realized people were smoking. It was very direct and reasonable for you to ask that the people in the house not smoke while you were visiting.

And seriously? Of the few people I know who do smoke, none of them smoke inside their homes, they all go outside.

I feel bad for your friend's little baby who has to live in an environment like that, with smoking and family members who don't care about anyone else's health. Maybe your friend can bring the baby over to your house for visits in the future?

#76 of 261 Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM

They're trying to get out of there as soon as they can, they hate living there. He's looking for a place somewhat close to here, which would be cool. But we're over an hour from them, so they can't get here to visit often. We were down that way anyway today and DS wanted to meet the baby, so we stopped by.

#77 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 AM

So, apparently people around me think the baby is just going to fall out at any second.  The receptionist at work insisted I give her my MW's phone number, one of the MTs at work gave me a massage and was nervous about making me go into labor...  Yeah, if I start having contractions I will call my MW and go home!

If only it were really that easy! 

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#78 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

doesnt it just kill you? like somehow were not responsible enough to know. I had someone tell me at church "its ok Ive delivered babies before" lol.

my mom is a MT and will not touch me, and hasnt touched me since I told her I was pregnant
Quote:

Originally Posted by acdmama View Post

So, apparently people around me think the baby is just going to fall out at any second.  The receptionist at work insisted I give her my MW's phone number, one of the MTs at work gave me a massage and was nervous about making me go into labor...  Yeah, if I start having contractions I will call my MW and go home!

If only it were really that easy! 

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#79 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 05:56 AM

A girl that I work with asked me who I would pick from our office to deliver the baby if needed.  I told her no one.  I'm pretty sure that I know more about birthing babies than anyone that I work with.  If I needed to I would just have the baby alone!

#80 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 06:27 AM

people are too funny!  I thought I was gonna have a baby last night...but no!  ugh! 

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#81 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twegs View Post

A girl that I work with asked me who I would pick from our office to deliver the baby if needed.  I told her no one.  I'm pretty sure that I know more about birthing babies than anyone that I work with.  If I needed to I would just have the baby alone!

Ha ha!  A girl I work with, who is also a friend, told me that if I needed to I could call her bf (who is also a longtime friend of mine) to help me out if I went into labor at work -- because he doesn't work very far away.  I said I couldn't think of anything he'd be able to do and reminded her that in all likelihood, I'd just jump on the subway and go home (for my homebirth) and have plenty of time.

Also, a friend in med school (but not for OBGYN) told me he'd delivered one baby so far and I could call him in an emergency, but also that he hoped i wouldn't have to because delivering that one baby was terrifying.  ;)

As it worked out, I went to work on a Wednesday, went home, went into labor at 4am the next morning, and just sent in an email at 7am to work saying I was in labor and wouldn't be coming in.  Easy!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#82 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Um, yes... So I would like to start a little rant here because I feel like I'm going to chew someone's head off if I don't get to bitch for at least half a second here.... ok? lol.

I am sooooooooooooo tired of being pregnant. So tired! It's bad enough that I'm having all this prodromal crap that starts and stops constantly (starting occuring around 9pm usually and stopping at some ungodly hour of the middle of the night) but all this other crap is realllllly gettting old. Know what's worse than peing on yourself? GETTING EXCITED ABOUT IT thinking it's your water breaking... and then being disappointed. And, having excitedly told your husband you think your water just broke, and then have to come back and say "nope honey. Just pee again!" Is ANYTHING more sexy than that? nope!

My next favorite thing about pregnancy lately is the insane labia swelling that I have going on. They have literally swollen up to more than twice their normal size and looks and feels like I'm sporting my own pair of testicles! They are numb from being swollen and it hurts to wipe. This, of course, is happening because the baby is SO LOW in my pelvis that it's cutting off blood flow to that area. The only position in which they DON"T swell up like that is when I'm laying down on my sides in bed, which I can't do for very long because of the throbbing hips and SPD pain. So I get the lovely choice of deciding which part of my body I will sacrifice for this hour before moving on to something else next hour. Oh, and did I mention how sexy my man testicles are? I'm sure DH is more than willing to donate his fluid to help move things along when it looks like he's getting down with a giant elephant with testicles. lol. seriously!!!

If you can't tell, I'm SERIOUSLY over it today. I can't even cry about it. I already did that last night and it got me nothing but a stuffy nose. Today I'm just pissed. I honestly feel like I'm starting to get mad at the baby for not coming out. The rational part of me (what little is left) says that's ridiculous and that the baby will come when it's ready. And that maybe it hasn't come because it's lungs aren't mature or some other reason like that. The pissed off, uncomfortable, pregnant mom part of me (about 99% of my existance at this point) thinks this is some conspiracy that the baby (and probably my DD and DS) have cooked up to antagonize me. lol. I'm just soooooo emotionally and mentally exhausted from this. *sigh*

Ok, rant over. Thanks for letting me do that ladies. This is literally the only place I can just SAY IT without having to feel like a bad mother or a bitch or whatever else. I hope you all are feeling well because I would never wish this feeling on my worst enemy. If anyone is in the same boat right now I pRAY things get better for you.

[fake happy face] LOL.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#83 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 AM

blah. possible fluid leak this morning, so i started getting excited. then my kid says he's feeling pukey on the way to school. uuuuuuuuuuuuugh. i wanted to take a nap and a bath and have a little quiet this morning. :(

#84 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

blah. possible fluid leak this morning, so i started getting excited. then my kid says he's feeling pukey on the way to school. uuuuuuuuuuuuugh. i wanted to take a nap and a bath and have a little quiet this morning. :(

Maybe he will take a nap too if he isn't feeling well? I hope you get some rest and maybe get to meet your baby later! 

Erica, So sorry you are feeling crappy -- no fun.  The bright sid eis that you will forget all of that once the baby comes!

#85 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM

i kind of think he's faking it. which is annoying, but also good - i really don't want to catch a stomach bug right now. in any event, he's bouncing off the walls. :/

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

Maybe he will take a nap too if he isn't feeling well? I hope you get some rest and maybe get to meet your baby later! 

Erica, So sorry you are feeling crappy -- no fun.  The bright sid eis that you will forget all of that once the baby comes!

#86 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

i kind of think he's faking it. which is annoying, but also good - i really don't want to catch a stomach bug right now. in any event, he's bouncing off the walls. :/

thanks!

Been there!  A couple weeks ago my 6yo ds was complaining about how bad his stomach hurt, so we didn't send him out for the bus and called to get a drs appt.  30 minutes later, he was miraculously healed and ready to go to school.  Silly boys

#87 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM

lol i made the mistake of letting him play Angry Birds after his last doctors appt, so now he wants to go to the doctor all the time. he was hoping i'd take him to the doctor today! if it was a full day, i'd go ahead and run him up to the school, he is clearly ok at this point. he might have been a little carsick or something - he insists on reading in the car. but, he's in kindergarten and would be getting out of class in just a couple of hours anyway, so it's not worth the hassle. oh well, at least i probably won't be sick.

#88 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 AM

EricaRN I am sorry you are feeling that way.  If it makes you feel any better I was having hard contractions every 5 minutes for 12 hours yesterday and regardless of what I did, nothing changed them.  They got worse when walking, my back was hurting and everything else.  The midwives even came over and were like - well, you're only at 1 so it's too early...try to get some rest tonight.  Well wasn't I annoyed when I woke up this morning to find myself still pregnant!

I am having some bloody mucus but it could be just from the exam.  Went walking this morning in order to try and get things going again.  So annoying!  It's been 2.5 weeks of this early labor BS!  I meditated last night and this morning to tell my cervix to stop being idiotic.  I'm hoping that helps!!!

#89 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Erica - hug.gif Wish I could offer more than that, but that's all I've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

Know what's worse than peing on yourself? GETTING EXCITED ABOUT IT thinking it's your water breaking... and then being disappointed. And, having excitedly told your husband you think your water just broke, and then have to come back and say "nope honey. Just pee again!" Is ANYTHING more sexy than that? nope!

Just had this happen last night. Super sexy! eyesroll.gif

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#90 of 261 Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Erica.....ohhhhhhh i'm soo on bored with you! I UNDERSTAND 100%! The swollen vagina......sit on a ice pack covered with a towel....it works wonders. I've had that several times and the ice pack...always helps. I keep trying to tell myself that the baby will come...when it's ready....not when i'm ready. But i have the same things going on...pre labor just about all day...and when the sun goes down it really starts to pick up...i can barely move or walk through the ctx. I take a hot hot bath and still have ctx. Then....then i lay down in the bed and huge ginormous achy sore whale...and bam...everything freaking stops! WTH? I'm getting to the point where i dont want to get into the bed at night. I literally wait till like 1-2am to go to bed...because i want something to happen! I dont want to talk to family or friends about any of it either. I'm also getting worried about not have the baby soon...because my last was born on his due date and was over 10lbs. So i'm so afraid of what my poor vagina will look and feel like after another 10lb baby. I'll need vaginal rejuvenation ASAP! So.....Erica...i'd love to come over and hang out so we could bitch and maybe drink a glass of wine....i'm seriously thinking a ice cold margarita or glass of wine might just help me! ummmmmmmmm maybe tonight ill give in and drink a cold one....maybe that will take me over the edge into labor land!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page