April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, I'm a little jealous that things seem to be moving along for people...I really should chill out, I'm only 39 weeks today, but I'm so ready for baby to be here!

I've decided that this recent increase in activity isn't baby getting ready to come out...it's baby saying "I like it right where I am and I'm planning to stay for a while!"

For the "overdue" mommas out there...have you tried acupuncture or massage?  Either would be great for moving things along, and not a smooth muscle stimulant, so no intestinal issues. 

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 AM

39w5d here.  So much for my feeling that he was going to be early!  I have a massage today and an appt for maternity portraits to be taken tomorrow (nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?).  That appt has me hopign that nothing happens until late tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

After the photos get done, I am ready for him to come.  Not the biggest deal if he doesn't, I can't really complain about how I've been feeling, I'm just tired more than usual.  I just don't like the limbo of today?  tomorrow? in two weeks?

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#123 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 AM

dang, i hope you get a nap today! up all night AND exercising!

there are definitely some perks about the hospital, and i've caught myself turning them over myself. but, no no no!!! not what i want! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHelpmate View Post

Good Morning! So, last night, I could hardly sleep bc of those cramp-like contractions. I would get to sleep, but then each one would wake me up, and they were pretty painful. So, around 3:00-3:30, I got up and did 180 pelvic rocks, then I laid back down and started to push around and massage the baby, to see if I could get her to turn to the other side (she's anterior, left, right now), thinking that maybe even though she isn't posterior, she could somehow be malpositioned, causing the icky contractions. Well, I did get her to move around some, although it didn't seem to help immediately, but when I decided to just give it a rest, I realized I felt a lot better LOL! Then I started having more normal contractions, about 10-15 min apart. Sooooooo....... I still didn't get to sleep the rest of the night really bc I'd wake up with a contraction each time I'd start to drift off, BUT I do feel a lot more comfortable and less fatigued today. Thank the LORD!!

Of course, the contractions seem to have stalled out this morning after I'd been up for about an hour, but oh well. At least I don't feel BAD anymore!

Kapow, I'm glad my post was helpful. That's hard to be faced with being forced to go to the hospital. Ironically, I have actually caught myself daydreaming about some of the perks of going to the hospital--not worrying about a bunch of people coming over to my house for the birth, not having to think about food for them or myself, not having to think about when/if my children should go to their Grandma's, getting to lay there with nurses to take care of you, not having to think about dishes, or laundry, or a clean bathroom, LOL..... I'm sure I would not like the overall experience as well if I really did choose the hospital, but it is true that not all aspects of it are bad!

Organicviolin, I feel your pain!! That's also partly why I decided to try the castor oil. I'm tired of wondering every evening, "Is this it?" only to have it all stop once I go to sleep.

i'm going to start thinking about accupuncture in a couple of days. i've been avoiding any kind of induction method, even the more natural ones like that, thinking that the baby just isn't ready. but, next week all bets are off. i'll have to track down a good accupuncturist, though... the one i normally go to is never available right away. i have a great chiro, though... isn't there some crackin' they can do to speed things along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdmama View Post

Okay, I'm a little jealous that things seem to be moving along for people...I really should chill out, I'm only 39 weeks today, but I'm so ready for baby to be here!

I've decided that this recent increase in activity isn't baby getting ready to come out...it's baby saying "I like it right where I am and I'm planning to stay for a while!"

For the "overdue" mommas out there...have you tried acupuncture or massage?  Either would be great for moving things along, and not a smooth muscle stimulant, so no intestinal issues. 

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#124 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 38+2 today and no baby. I'm not too terribly uncomfortable today. I was having terrible back pain last night but I had DH pop my lower back for me and it helped soooo much. I'm up to around 4cm, but not engaged as of yesterday. I stopped taking the black cohosh a couple of days ago. I took it for two weeks and it made no difference and I didn't see the point in torturing myself anymore. That stuff is NASTY.

I'm going to try and convince DH to go to the mall with me today so I can walk around and try to get things going. I haven't had any serious contractions in days and I don't think I could handle another two weeks of this!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#125 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm still here too--40 weeks today :)  I am not too terribly uncomfortable.  We recently finished getting/doing everything on our list (nothing like waiting until the last minute!), so I guess the baby can come now :)  Of my 6 babies, 2 had some sort of intervention to get labor going (one was prostaglandin gel and the other I had my membranes stripped).  The other 4 were born within 4-8 days after my due date, so I am thinking this one will be the 13th-17th or so.  I guess I can be working on my names list, as I have no idea what this baby's name is!

#126 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 11:56 AM

Is it humanely possible to keep spotting/bloody show and have the baby even lower with even more pressure than before but without a baby yet?  OMG!  This is nuts.  Even my MIL (who's staying indefinitely - love it!) is like wow this baby is SO low, he needs to come out.  Before when I would sit down I would get relief from the pressure - now it's just worse.  The ctx are still coming.  I'm hoping that going for a nice long walk with toddler and hubby will move things along.  I bounced on my exercise ball last night while watching Dexter :)  I bounced from like 8 - 11.  Hoping that helps as I will be doing that again today. 

How bad is it that I just want to break my bag of water to get things really going? lol Is that even humanly possible!?

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#127 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 12:33 PM

I am due today...40 weeks. I had accupuncture done yesterday. Was there for over an hour and he even hooked up the machine to the needles. He also sent me home with sticker needles...they are very small and have a sticker to stay in place. So i have once in each hand and on the inside of my legs and my ears......once i got home i had such intense contractions...but no rhyme or reason to them. I was so uncomfortable all night...even talked DH into DTD...so it would create a double effect. But...no baby...i'm still here today and nothing more. Sooooo frustrated....need some positive energy vibes or something...just kind of feels like some negative energy is hanging around my house. May need the BIL to come do a limpia of the casa...and me! He's kind of like a medicine man.:)

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#128 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 02:42 PM

when I had acupuncture done earlier this week it helped, but not enough.  I will go back on Tuesday if I don't have this baby by then!!!  We were just at the dog park, playground and walking for over 2 hours.  Hope that helps as well as me bouncing on the ball tonight - again....sigh......

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#129 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 03:07 PM

38 weeks tomorrow!  We're having family over for pizza and birthday cakes.  The girls helped make the cakes while their brother destroyed the dining room.  Oh well, maybe sweeping will help get this kid out of OP position!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#130 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM

So we went to the mall and I walked around for hours (backtracking not once but TWICE when DS left the bag with his shirts sitting in some random store!). While I was walking, I was having all kinds of really uncomfortable contractions, but the second I got home and sat down to rest, nada! I have soooo much pressure on the front of my pelvis when I stand. I'm hoping that means the baby's engaged. S/he has been crazy low sometimes, but always pops back up.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#131 of 261 Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicviolin View Post

How bad is it that I just want to break my bag of water to get things really going? lol Is that even humanly possible!?

Um, yea. I have had this thought MANY a times. lol. I even joked with DH the other night about it. He said "can I get you anything?" I told him a wire coathanger to break my water. haha! Isn't it funny how much our minds just LOSE it at the end. Our non-pregnant and 1-7 month pregnant selves would kill the 8-10 month pregnant selves for thinking and feeling such things. lol. Oh well, such is life.

tomorrow is my due date (since it's now after midnight! lol) and I'm DREADING having to say I'm overdue... whatever, I dont even care anymore. lol. dang, gotta run, DD just wet the bed. grrrr.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#132 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 AM

I've always gotten a kick out of telling people "yesterday" when they ask my due date since I run over so often.

Do you think squatting while wrapping birthday presents will help get this kid in gear?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#133 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
tomorrow is my due date (since it's now after midnight! lol) and I'm DREADING having to say I'm overdue... whatever, I dont even care anymore. lol. dang, gotta run, DD just wet the bed. grrrr.

It's so silly isn't it?  The ONE day we talk about.  I mean, if we're "overdue" one day after our EDD are we not "underdue" one day before?  It's so funny...but I guess not so much for all the mamas so ready to go.  

Perhaps I have the solution.  I've been NOT ready for months and may be seeing some signs as of yesterday.  I did manage to get my house in the shape I want it in for the birth and even announced it "ready".  Go figure that that evening I had a big blob of clear mucus (hadn't had any for some time), mild, regular contractions for several hours last night and a bit of bloody mucus this morning.  I'm not in labor but feel like I may go in the next few days.  Though from the sound of some of your early labors...maybe I still have weeks to go!   

I hope those of you getting early labor are finding a way to get some good sleep in other times of day.  

Baby dust...

dust.gif

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#134 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 AM

Yesterday I had some painful contractions while out to dinner but they stopped once I made it home and laid down. greensad.gif

False labor sucks.

I'm sooo done. I was actually hoping that somehow the baby could poke his finger through the amniotic sack himself. lol.gif There are moments that it really feels like he is trying to do just that.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#135 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 AM

I bought into too many people saying they think I'm giong early...I was sort of counting on it!  But it's so true, everyone getting hung up on A day, when really most people go within a week one way or the other.  My sister was visiting last week so I was really hoping LO would put in an appearance while she was here, but now that she's gone home, I'm relaxing and just letting Baby get here when he/she wants.  Whcih means I'll probably go tonight, right? 
winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

It's so silly isn't it?  The ONE day we talk about.  I mean, if we're "overdue" one day after our EDD are we not "underdue" one day before?  It's so funny...but I guess not so much for all the mamas so ready to go.  

Perhaps I have the solution.  I've been NOT ready for months and may be seeing some signs as of yesterday.  I did manage to get my house in the shape I want it in for the birth and even announced it "ready".  Go figure that that evening I had a big blob of clear mucus (hadn't had any for some time), mild, regular contractions for several hours last night and a bit of bloody mucus this morning.  I'm not in labor but feel like I may go in the next few days.  Though from the sound of some of your early labors...maybe I still have weeks to go!   

I hope those of you getting early labor are finding a way to get some good sleep in other times of day.  

Baby dust...

dust.gif

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#136 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Amazing how our last month of pregnancy turns us into total crazy people right!?  I've had so many labor is coming signs and signals, ctx, bloody show, watery discharge, nesting, being tired, being grouchy - oh the list goes on!  Just went to a baby shower for a friend who is due 1 month after me and everyone was like - OMG! you are due like any second huh?  I was like, yes Wed and have been in early labor for nearly 3 weeks.  Isn't it fun!?  I probably won't even know when the baby is coming until his head pops out.  Oh the joys of it all.  I will be going to acupuncture on Tues if the baby hasn't come yet so we shall see.  Loads of very strong ctx but as my hubby and I say, you're still standing baby!  Not gonna happen till you can't talk/walk etc.

#137 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Quiet day here. No real contractions to speak of. Just waiting again.

#138 of 261 Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 PM

This baby is so low it hurts to sit or stand up straight.  It feels like LO is trying to claw their way out through my cervix.  OUCH.  I finished my doula training workshop today and DP went out and got all the birth supplies while I was at the workshop.  My midwife is leaving for 5 days on the 19th.  I really really hope baby comes before she leaves.  Both my girls were born 10 days early which would put us on the 18th, which is also another Supermoon.  I am so ready!!

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#139 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Deirdre: yea for birth supplies!  I knew there was another supermoon, but I couldn't remember when.  I hope more of the April babies make their appearance with that!

#140 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 AM

so the supermoon is this coming Sat?  It better be because I am over this pregnancy!  I will be at my due date on Wed...

#141 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 AM

I think the supermoon is next Monday, but doesn't it seem to affect labors a couple days each way?  I'm not sure, but that could make this weekend a busy baby weekend!

KaPOW, I'm hoping your little one is in your arms now, you have been so unbelievably patient waiting!

40 weeks here today, had my mw appt, but there is no change in anything from last week -- 2cms, -3 station, 50% effaced.  Not bad, but not great either.  I knwo that means nothing, my mw even said I could be in labor in a couple hours despite that, but I was hoping for at least a littel difference from last week.   Oh well, he'll be out sometime in the next 2 weeks!

#142 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM

thanks for thinking of me <3

42 weeks today! and just walked in from the midwife appt. Heartbeat sounded good and she's not worried about anything, so neither am I. well, except going for 43 weeks, which would mean a hospital birth :/

I hope everyone gets a break this week! I know that I was perfectly miserable for days at a time, only to find myself sort of reinvigorated for a few days.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#143 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

I think the supermoon is next Monday, but doesn't it seem to affect labors a couple days each way?  I'm not sure, but that could make this weekend a busy baby weekend!

Wow, I didn't realize that it was going to be another supermoon; I knew about the one last month. Since trying the castor oil last week didn't work, and now my MW is back in town, I've been saying that the baby will probly come on the full moon. My other 2 did!! LOL

Hopefully, you're right about it having an effect a few days each way, and it will bring LO out sooner though :) I'll be 42 weeks on Saturday, and if I don't go into labor today (at 41+2), I'll officially be the most pregnant I've ever been.

I remember someone posting something about 2nd babies coming earlier, but for the record, my pregnancies keep getting longer lol! DC1 was 40+4, DC2 was 41+2, and I'm currently at 41+2 with DC3 and no sure signs of labor starting immediately. Although, I do feel like it's a lot closer than this time last week... baby's lower, more effective-feeling BHs, more fatigue, been having lots of mucous (sometimes with a little blood)..... So I'm not as discouraged as I felt last week.

Hang in there everybody!

Sarah , Wife to DH , Mommy to DS 01/07 , DD 04/09 , and Due 04/11
#144 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM

I am so hopeful my time is near.  Been having different types of contractions today.  They seem more effective.  Baby seems even lower than before (at MW apt he was at 0 station so not much more to go!!!)  I could barely walk my son around in his stroller, which while uncomfortable for quite a while, was still not an issue during this lovely 3week long early labor phase.  Totally hoping Mondays supermoon has an effect - and sooner rather than later.  If I don't have baby by tomorrow am I will go back to acupuncture and see where that goes. 

Also was on my feet all day gardening, replanting, weeding and cooking.  Made sure I ate tons of Italian herbs that are known to get labor rocking and rolling.  Also had a nice glass of wine with dinner lol.gif . so scrumptious. 

I've had even more discharge over the past few days...way more liquidy goodness as my charming hubby would say.  So we shall see.  This lil one certainly seems content! 

PS How funny is it that as I was drinking wine he got the hiccups!?  Hubby said he was drunk tee hee

#145 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 05:53 PM

My app't went well.  Still the same cervix as last week. 

My 2nd pregnancy was the shortest at 40 weeks, but the rest have all been 41 weeks.

I do have a session of accupunture set up for next Monday.  I've never done that before, but thought it might be worth a try.

#146 of 261 Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 PM

38w/6d today, trying to keep my cool get over some awkward family issues that I posted in the past. Should I be upset at my gma that after she found out we got someone else to watch ds, she is now no longer 'sick'. I love my family, but they just seem a bit selfish when it comes to the baby birthing thing...I talked to my sister about it and she said I should just not tell anyone i am going to the hospital etc. but of course she wants to know, and I know as much as I tell her not to tell anyone, she probably will, she did when I was pregnant and didn't want others to know, she told an aunt..So I am just thinking since we have resorted to having friends watch ds, what is the point in telling anyone? Now as long as I am not in active labor on Easter, then I should be okay, because if it is Easter then everyone will know because we won't be there at the family function..

But as being preggo feeling fine except for the early waking and heart racing a bit. Still need to finish the taxes, just a few days left. Appt on thursday, may actually get checked then, but not expecting to go any sooner than edd, so we'll see...

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#147 of 261 Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Well, yesterday was my due date. It came and went and today I'm still pregnant. I'm actually doing ok with that. Yesterday morning I woke up and was bummed about the fact I was probably going to be overdue- felt like "well now that there's no "end date" I could be pregnant for infinity!" lol. Crazy right? But DH and I had a REALLLLY great day together celebrating our due date. We went to lunch and I ate the fajitas I've been craving for forever. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and got iron-on letters and decals and made onesies with the baby's names on them (one for a boy, one for a girl since we don't know). It was alot of fun and a day I will never forget. The perfect way to honor my due date without it being "all about me", making me feel self-indulgent and bummed that the baby wasn't there. It was just FUN. :-)

I figured I'd be suuuuuper bummed when I woke up this morning officially overdue, but surprisingly I've made my peace with it (for today at least. lol) and I'm just kind of like "ok, whatever" about it. Actually it almost feels like less pressure now that we don't have a due date in front of us. Totally the opposite of yesterday. It helps too that my mom called this morning and my Uncle (and Godfather) who lives in Montana and who we NEVER get to see because of distance is flying into town on a whim tonight and staying for a week!! I'm sooooooo excited!! He is awesome and I always feel so at peace when we visit with him. He has such a great attitude about life and it rubs off on everyone. Perfect for getting myself and our family ready for the birth :-) Plus his wife (my aunt) is a CNM out in Montana and has been keeping tabs on me all pregnancy so it's cool that he'll likely (hopefully?) be here when I deliver (not at the actual birth) and can take pictures and details back to my aunt! :-) I"m just really excited! Plus I am almost hoping I dont deliver until at least the weekend so that we get to spend several days with him before I get wrapped up in the baby. I want to take advantage of this time we get to visit with him. Obviously I won't be disappointed if the baby comes but it's really nice to have a reason to be happy to wait too! :-)

Oh and as for the "overdue" thing and our expectations.... I was TOTALLY prepared all pregnancy to go at least till my due date and be ok with it. Even overdue was fine with me. I went 12 days overdue with DD and DS was 5 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for a week so I was certainly happy to not have a premie baby. Plus I was never ridiculously uncomfortable with DD so I literally have been totally fine with going to my due date or later this whole time... Then... the false labor started. haha. Seriously, it screws with your mind! That first time I thought "this is it" and got mentally prepared for it only to be let down hours later when things fizzled out just totally screwed up my mind. Then I thought "well it'll probably be sooner rather than later". HA! yea right, here I am "overdue" lol. If not for all the false alarms I've had over the last few weeks I'd be perfectly content. Physically I feel pretty good and I know the baby will come when ready. And after 2 csections with DD and DS and going for my HWBA2C this time I am MORE than content to let baby come when it's ready so I have the best chance of having the kind of birth I want.... but then the damn false labor starts and it all goes out the window. lol. I know many of you can relate. It's evil isn't it? pure torture! haha.

Well, gotta get back to work. Need to pay some bills "just in case" cuz I know I'll forget about them later. Then more cleaning before my uncle gets here. Good luck to those who are still waiting, congrats to those who've already had your babies, and peaceful vibes to those of us who are overdue! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#148 of 261 Old 04-12-2011, 01:52 PM

39 weeks today.  Just found out my doctor will be on vacation for 2 weeks starting this weekend.  I'm okay with it though, because I may actually like her partner better anyway.  Getting soooooo uncomfortable.  Rib pain is super unpleasant.  So much pressure every time I stand up.  I think it was around last Wednesday or Thursday when I officially shifted from preparing mode to waiting mode.  I remember feeling myself shift that way before DD was born.  I'm ready now.  All we need is a middle name....

#149 of 261 Old 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Has anyone heard from Nerdymom?  It seems like it has been a really long time since she posted and she was pretty active on here.

Erica, I'm with you, edd and all.  But, with all the earlies, I guess there needed to be some of us to balance out the other side, didn't there? 

Doing well over here, I bought some paint to paint my kitchen (low VOC and weather is nice enough to have the windows wide open) in the next few days if no baby has joined us.  I've been meaning to do that since we moved in a year ago, but hadn't gotten around to it.

#150 of 261 Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 PM

I went to a LLLI meeting tonight. There were two 4-week-olds and a 7-month-old and big preggo me. I'm hoping that all those postpartum hormones and babies kick something into gear. I'm 38+5 today and soooo uncomfortable! But it's definitely been a lot worse - my back's not hurting as much anymore and I'm sleeping better. I took a lovely 2-hour nap today that was just so wonderful. love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page