April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 261 Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I just filed our taxes and ordered a belly binder, so I am *really* ready now.  There's nothing really pressing that needs doing.  I am 40 weeks + 3 days today.  I've done this 6 times, but I am a bit nervous!  Each birth has been different.  I also have nerves over the baby's health--no reason to suspect anything, but I have been SO lucky with all of my others that somehow, in the back of my brain, it feels like maybe my luck can't hold out.

#152 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post

Well, I just filed our taxes and ordered a belly binder, so I am *really* ready now.  There's nothing really pressing that needs doing.  I am 40 weeks + 3 days today.  I've done this 6 times, but I am a bit nervous!  Each birth has been different.  I also have nerves over the baby's health--no reason to suspect anything, but I have been SO lucky with all of my others that somehow, in the back of my brain, it feels like maybe my luck can't hold out.

I'm with you on the nerves!  This is my fourth and I definitely worry that our luck of healthy babies could run out.  Everything has looked fabulous the whole pg, so there is no logical reason to worry, but I guess that's mama nature! 

I kinda wonder if this one is hanging out extra long to give me some time to work through birth anxiety and things.  I don't remember being so nervous about labor before, but #3's kicked my butt and I fear a repeat of that.  My mw had a great quote on a bulletin board in her exam room, it said "There is no need to re-experience my previous birth".  It was comforting to see that, like it is reminding me that things won't necessarily go that was again.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#153 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 AM

38 weeks today, feeling so so huge today.i can feel the baby rolling around from the sheer weight of his body when I move from side to side. Dd was 8#7oz at 39 weeks and 22" long but I was sick a lot with her pregnancy and he feels bigger. In good news, I had the mw do a check just for kicks bc I lost weight this week, and baby has dropped, went from measuring 37cm last week to 33cm yesterday. I'm 4cm, 60% -70% effaced and 0 station, which I don't get since he is way up into my ribs too. I really hope I can catch the supermoon luck this weekend!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#154 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 AM

42w2 days today and really, really want to have a 4/13 baby. please send as many woo vibes as you can muster. i had my chiro appt yesterday and am going to spend the day sucking colostrum out of my boobs (with a pump) to try to get things moving. come on baby!!!!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#155 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

42w2 days today and really, really want to have a 4/13 baby. please send as many woo vibes as you can muster. i had my chiro appt yesterday and am going to spend the day sucking colostrum out of my boobs (with a pump) to try to get things moving. come on baby!!!!

Come on baby!  Mama grew you nicely and now it is time to come out and play -- there will be milk.........

#156 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post
I kinda wonder if this one is hanging out extra long to give me some time to work through birth anxiety and things.  I don't remember being so nervous about labor before, but #3's kicked my butt and I fear a repeat of that.  My mw had a great quote on a bulletin board in her exam room, it said "There is no need to re-experience my previous birth".  It was comforting to see that, like it is reminding me that things won't necessarily go that was again.

if you're interested, I have a friend who is a hypnotherapist who specializes in maternal and women's issues. She can do phone sessions, and is awesome at fear release and birth trauma issues. If you'd like her info, LMK K? :)

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#157 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Only 38 weeks here and feeling so impatient! Our apartment is still quite messy but we have everything we need lined up. I know 38 weeks means I could be pregnant for close to another month, but I want the baby SOON! Some Braxton Hicks but that's about it. And I can feel her pressing on my cervix sometimes when I walk.

My mom's flying out two days before my due date. She really wanted to be at the birth, but now I'm feeling anxious about it. This is my first and I want to make sure DH and I have some private time. She'll have to be okay with me telling her I need her to stay in the background.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#158 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i am going to need this before my next baby! this birth was magical but for some reason i kept reliving my first traumatic birth and it really messed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

if you're interested, I have a friend who is a hypnotherapist who specializes in maternal and women's issues. She can do phone sessions, and is awesome at fear release and birth trauma issues. If you'd like her info, LMK K? :)

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#159 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the offer!  I think I'll be okay, i just need to remember to let go when I am in labor and roll with how it goes. 

Kittn, sorry to hear you had flashbacks during your dd's birth, that must have been really hard.

#160 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM

I know what you mean about passing a deadlline!  My sister was visiting last week (teacher on spring break) and I was really wanting Baby to get here while she was here!  As soon as she packed up and left, I was perfectly content to wait until Baby's ready.  My EDD is Saturday, and I have patients scheduled through Friday, so I'm good with waiting out the week at this point.  I did walk with a group of friends this afternoon, so maybe that will get things going?  I'm just excited for Baby to get here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

Well, yesterday was my due date. It came and went and today I'm still pregnant. I'm actually doing ok with that. Yesterday morning I woke up and was bummed about the fact I was probably going to be overdue- felt like "well now that there's no "end date" I could be pregnant for infinity!" lol. Crazy right? But DH and I had a REALLLLY great day together celebrating our due date. We went to lunch and I ate the fajitas I've been craving for forever. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and got iron-on letters and decals and made onesies with the baby's names on them (one for a boy, one for a girl since we don't know). It was alot of fun and a day I will never forget. The perfect way to honor my due date without it being "all about me", making me feel self-indulgent and bummed that the baby wasn't there. It was just FUN. :-)

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#161 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Oh, and I got my Newborn Screening Kit in the mail today, which was the last of the birth supplies I was waiting on, so now we are just ready to go!

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#162 of 261 Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM

I've had a few contractions today and baby has been super active.  Just hanging out and waiting.  I'm so tired today as I didn't sleep well last night because I had a terrible headache.  It's gone today.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#163 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 AM

What are you all doing to stay sane until your baby arrives? I am trying to rest as much as possible but i'm feeling bored. Focusing on baby related stuff is driving me bonkers. I need a new hobby. Lol

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#164 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Had some contractions this morning...  They're really inconsistent and sporadic, but still making me hopeful because they feel really different from the BH I've been having for months....  I should clean up this wreck of a house but I think I'm gonna go take a nap before DD wakes up.  Maybe it will be today...

#165 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm still working, thank goodness!  I think I'd be going nuts at home...but Friday is my last day, so I'm really hoping LO comes this weekend!  I could use a few days off to do some organizing in the house, but after that, I'm just ready to go!  You could always take up scrapboooking--great time killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

What are you all doing to stay sane until your baby arrives? I am trying to rest as much as possible but i'm feeling bored. Focusing on baby related stuff is driving me bonkers. I need a new hobby. Lol

#166 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

well, forget all that crap I put the other day about being at peace with waiting. HAHA! Seriously, I'm at the point now where I've moved from excited anticipation to just being done and wanting to hold my baby. Last night was the most uncomfortable I've been to date. My whole stomach is just so sore and achy from all the contractions. It feels like the way your arms and legs do after you work out and you're sore... but it's my belly and from all the contractions. Even an hour long soak in the birth tub didn't help. I had a good cry session this morning that seems to have helped my mood a bit, but patience is a foreign word to me at this point. To make matters worse, I just found out that a friend of mine with a MAY due date just had her baby this morning! A healthy 7 lbs baby. BITCH! (lol) Seriously, why does she get to hold her baby and not me? I realize I'm only 40+3 today and could potentially have even a few weeks to go, but it's just not fair! I'm "overdue" and she's 3 weeks early getting to hold her damn baby. This whole time I've been wanting to hold the baby I've been telling myself "you are holding him/her. This is the closest he/she will ever be to you... enjoy it" Now I just feel like that's a load of crap. I wanna hold my baby in a way that doesn't hurt! haha. It feels like my belly is a bowling ball being held up by tissue paper.

Anyway, enough pity party. I know you all understand. We're all in the same boat. Preaching to the choir, etc. I'm just soooo done! And so tired of saying that I'm done. And so tired of thinking about the same dang things day in and day out. I'm ready to move on to the next phase. Up until this point I had things to look forward to like "well if the baby doesn't come by this weekend then at least I'll get to be able to go to the drive-in movies" Well guess what? We've done that 2 weekends in a row now and it's not fun anymore. lol. All the things I've been using as consolation prizes are running out, along with my patience. And I'm starting to get frustrated because there are soooo many things coming up that we have planned that will have to be canceled if the baby doesn't come SOON. (ex: reservations for a nice dinner on our anniversary. We only eat at this restaurant on our anni every year and if I'm a few days post partum we'll have to do take out instead. Not the end of the world but certainly not what I want. Ex2: DS's bday is May 6th and I'm not trying to take a one or two week old baby out to the park around all the other 2 year old kids. ex3: our annual neighborhood garage sale that we DESPERATELY need to particpate in this year (for space and for $ issues) is May 13th and if I have a tiny little baby I'm not going to be able to get as much done for it. etc, etc, etc). It's moved from happy anticipation to frustration very quickly. HELP!! lol.

*sigh* ok for real this time, enough pity party. I hope everyone else is in a better frame of mind than I am today. If not, come get in my boat and we'll be miserable together. haha. misery really does love company doesn't it?

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#167 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM

EricaRN, I am so sorry!  I know what you mean about your plans--I need to get back to work and every day that I don't have a baby is one less day off I get before I have to go back to work!  I am going to *try* to take a month, but that will start getting whittled away pretty soon here.

My husband is starting to panic too, so that's not helpful.  I voiced some concerns over my nerves last night and that's sent him over the edge.  I just had a hard time last birth and am feeling a little nervous and wanted some support.  He's panicking because we live 20-30 minutes from the nearest emergency medical help and my midwife lives 5 hours away.  Sigh.  I need him to be strong right now!

#168 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM

My husband is similarly freaking out as I go more past due and I get more moody. I'm normally very pragmatic and even keeled and lately I feel like I need a good cry. He's never really seen me like this or seen me in pain...and we've been together for just over 10 years! It seems like it is freaking him out a bit.

He says he doesn't really have a lot of "dad" friends to commiserate with, whereas I've got "mom" friends and this community. I wish there was something similar to mothering.com for fathers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post

EricaRN, I am so sorry!  I know what you mean about your plans--I need to get back to work and every day that I don't have a baby is one less day off I get before I have to go back to work!  I am going to *try* to take a month, but that will start getting whittled away pretty soon here.

My husband is starting to panic too, so that's not helpful.  I voiced some concerns over my nerves last night and that's sent him over the edge.  I just had a hard time last birth and am feeling a little nervous and wanted some support.  He's panicking because we live 20-30 minutes from the nearest emergency medical help and my midwife lives 5 hours away.  Sigh.  I need him to be strong right now!

#169 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 PM

Hang in there, everybody!  It does feel like this last few weeks has been taking FOREVER!!  DH calls me a couple of times a day to see how I'm doing.  The he'll say "Because there's a meeting this afternoon I'd really like to get out of, so...any contractions?"  LOL...right now I still have a sense of humor about it, but I have a feeling that could change quickly if no baby by this time next week!  These babies WILL come out and meet us at some point!  love.gif

#170 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM

I am drinking the last of my RRL tea right now.  I won't order more b/c it won't get here in time and b/c I don't need a pound of the leaves, maybe I will go get a box of the teabags to tide me over.  I shouldn't have too much longer (40w3d), but I've been doing well with it, so I don't want to quit right before labor.  I do have enough for an infusion during labor, but that's it.

I'm thinking this weekend is likely when the baby will come, but he could still be a while yet I guess.  Just waiting.....

#171 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

I am drinking the last of my RRL tea right now.  I won't order more b/c it won't get here in time and b/c I don't need a pound of the leaves, maybe I will go get a box of the teabags to tide me over.  I shouldn't have too much longer (40w3d), but I've been doing well with it, so I don't want to quit right before labor.  I do have enough for an infusion during labor, but that's it.

Could you buy a box or three of the Yogi teas or Traditional Medicinals teas to tide you over? Even if you don't get the full amount you would from using bulk herbs, it would be better than nothing!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#172 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Could you buy a box or three of the Yogi teas or Traditional Medicinals teas to tide you over? Even if you don't get the full amount you would from using bulk herbs, it would be better than nothing!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  It'll actually be easier to prepare with the teabags anyway, just throw a bunch into a quart jar of hot water and let it sit, no straining loose tea.

#173 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 05:48 PM

I got to hold a brand new baby today.  So sweet!  Can't wait to hold my own soon!

DH rubbed my ankles so maybe that will help.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#174 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

I got to hold a brand new baby today.  So sweet!  Can't wait to hold my own soon!

DH rubbed my ankles so maybe that will help.

I'm going to start rubbing my ankles constantly. ROTFLMAO.gif

#175 of 261 Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DH, DS, and I went to a metropark today and walked over a mile each way to see some sleeping bison (well, it makes DS happy, right?). I started having all kinds of pressure and contractions again, but like always they stopped when I got home and rested. My sister will be here the evening of the 22nd and leaving the evening of the 23rd and she's going to KILL me if I don't have a kid by then! She lives in CA and won't be back in this part of the country till September.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#176 of 261 Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Well, I was sure today was the day, water borke at 2:15 this morning, a few contractions kicked in after half an hour, got as close as every 4 minutes, and then quit.  So, here I sit, 14 hours later, not in labor.  I can go as long as tomorrow morning before my mw will want me to come in, but I am hoping it happens before that!

#177 of 261 Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM

DH is sick and so are some of the kiddo's, though none are as sick as him.  They were all exposed to influenza A a week ago, so that's our assumption.  I really want to have this baby this week, but not if the kids aren't 100%.  And I don't want DH sick either as I know he is really looking forward to being a part of labor and taking care of the baby.

#178 of 261 Old 04-18-2011, 01:45 PM

*crickets*

Is everyone in labor today? winky.gif

#179 of 261 Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 PM

birth story! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1308977/geo-s-birth-story#post_16396099

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#180 of 261 Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Lauren, possibly? Had a lot more bh today but nothing consistent, could bfe just the full moon.tr7

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page