Mothering Forum banner

April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread)

11K views 260 replies 41 participants last post by  preggers5 
#1 ·
I guess I'll start it- It's our birth month! Woo Hoo!!!!!! Let's get to chatting:

I have already pranked like 10 people this morning with false "I had a fast labor and already had the baby" text messages. The best part is that I said "picture to follow" and then sent a picture of a very obviously African American baby and said "our bundle of joy". DH and I are very very pale Irish/German Americans so I thought this was funny. Just kind of went along the lines of the joke.
lol.gif

Hope everyone is doing well today! Let's kick off our birth month with LOTS and LOTS of babies!

See less See more
#3 ·
That's funny. We're contemplating playing a joke or two as well. Hehe.

It's raining today, we wanted to do something fun so maybe something inside. I think we might go to the children's museum, we have never been. And DH is off today.

#4 ·
I'm having problems with eating, too...nothing sounds good! Once I find something I like I usually do okay, but there's no space left, so I can't eat much at once!!

I didn't think about the April Fools' joke...good one, Erica!

#5 ·
i havent wanted to eat most days. especially with all the contractions. today is an exception however I want to eat everything I shouldnt be eating! i have been very busy today I set up the baby's crib and cleaned their room. and have been a busy bee. im so depressed that my labor stopped. i am not happy.

#6 ·
Count me in on the nothing sounds good to eat boat. Yuck. I keep forcing things down. Yesterday I went with a friend to Chic-Fil-A for lunch and all I could stomach was half of a chicken sandwhich and a few french fries. It's such a waste of money and soooo frustrating! I'm also not feeling very thirsty (probably from the insane heartburn... which by the way, I thought was supposed to ease up once the baby dropped??) but I'm forcing liquids on myself since I'm spending so much time in the birth tub and know it's making me dehydrated.

Glad you guys have the same sick sense of humor I do. haha!
thumb.gif

#7 ·
I have no desire to cook or see much food....and dont even ask me what i want to eat....nothing really. It's so hot here...in the 90's. My skinny sister is laying out in the sun with her bikini on...lol! I'm so thankful that i have a house helper....oh goodness...not having to sweep and mop the whole house is wonderful. But i'm sure if i did clean it...i'd already have a baby in my arms...lol. MW told me yesterday to stop all RRL tea and DTD and anything else that would cause uterine ctx. And rest for the weekend. She said my cervix is still thick and i'm 1cm. So i did decide to do EPO to help soften my cervix. Ohhhhh and the baby was in ROA for about a week and we figured that all the ctx i've been having this past week was getting the baby in the proper positioning. And sure enough yesterday baby was in LOA. And i'm having very little BH....maybe today ive had 2-3. And i was ale to sleep all night last night. WONDERFUL! So come monday she said to start the RRL tea again and i can DTD...which i'm soo po'd with the DH right now....that i'm not sure i even want to DTD come monday. So that is what's going on around here...I did take the kids to the doctor yesterday and my toddler has a double ear infection and conjunctivitis....and my 6yo has a viral throat infection. I passed on all antibiotics and only picked up the eye drops. Praying that no one gets a fever....i prefer to control a fever for a few days than have a toddler with diarrhea for a whole month from antibiotics. Anywho....so happy that i will have a April baby.....my odlest will be 17 on the 8th....it would be awesome to have another baby on the same birthday!

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post

I have no desire to cook or see much food....and dont even ask me what i want to eat....nothing really. It's so hot here...in the 90's. My skinny sister is laying out in the sun with her bikini on...lol! I'm so thankful that i have a house helper....oh goodness...not having to sweep and mop the whole house is wonderful. But i'm sure if i did clean it...i'd already have a baby in my arms...lol. MW told me yesterday to stop all RRL tea and DTD and anything else that would cause uterine ctx. And rest for the weekend. She said my cervix is still thick and i'm 1cm. So i did decide to do EPO to help soften my cervix. Ohhhhh and the baby was in ROA for about a week and we figured that all the ctx i've been having this past week was getting the baby in the proper positioning. And sure enough yesterday baby was in LOA. And i'm having very little BH....maybe today ive had 2-3. And i was ale to sleep all night last night. WONDERFUL! So come monday she said to start the RRL tea again and i can DTD...which i'm soo po'd with the DH right now....that i'm not sure i even want to DTD come monday. So that is what's going on around here...I did take the kids to the doctor yesterday and my toddler has a double ear infection and conjunctivitis....and my 6yo has a viral throat infection. I passed on all antibiotics and only picked up the eye drops. Praying that no one gets a fever....i prefer to control a fever for a few days than have a toddler with diarrhea for a whole month from antibiotics. Anywho....so happy that i will have a April baby.....my odlest will be 17 on the 8th....it would be awesome to have another baby on the same birthday!
My b-day is the 8th too!!
orngbiggrin.gif

#9 ·
Ha! I suck at April Fool's, I never think of jokes but get sucked in pretty easily.

I'm not much in the mood to eat. I get hungry but nothing sounds good, so I eat junk food. Meat isn't particularly appealing, but is one of the only sources of protein I have. For much of the pregnancy, lunchmeat was a staple, but the last few weeks it is the LAST thing I want to eat. I must be getting enough protein somehow, because I have next to no swelling. But still, eating is a struggle. I'm looking forward to food being appetizing again someday soon!

hey here's something that's been on my mind lately. I know the ultimately it's something that is going to be different at every hospital, and I haven't even called the hospital I'm going to yet, but has anyone birthed in a hospital (or for that matter, been in hospital for any reason) with food allergy issues? I'm concerned about that, as I'm GF/DF. i'm planning on bringing in enough safe snacks, and we live very close, so DH can bring me food if necessary, btu it would be a lot easier if I could just eat at the hospital.

#11 ·
Crazy that it's April already huh!? I've had early labor again all day........not progressing the way I want to - sigh. Lots of painful contractions and I keep telling myself, the night is young, you still have major ctx maybe something - anything will happen! I've kept myself busy with cleaning, dealing with an overtired 2 year old and cooking. Even though food has been not a huge thing that I want to eat necessarily.

Hoping labor kicks it up a notch - just want to see this lil one and stop with the excessively long early labor aspect!!! So annoying!!! Any ideas for kick starting things into active labor? Been doing a bunch of things.....

#12 ·
So DH called his mom as a joke:

MIL: Hello?

DH: Hi mom! You have another grandchild!

MIL: What? Already?? (I think, meaning, like so fast with no time to let us know labor started?)

DH: Yep, we had a girl!

MIL: Aw, YES!! (then turning to the little girls she watches - Ryan has a baby girl!!). I'm in the car with the girls.

DH: Yep, and her name is April Fools!

MIL: WHA - Richard, I mean Ryan!!!!!! (Richard is FIL) I can't believe you did that.

So, we got her good. And, we could tell she was really hoping for a girl LOL.

Children's Museum....it was good. DS got a little hyper (almost 2) so we went to a quieter area that was fun but a little less crazy with all the kids. Got some walking in. It was good for DS to have a great time as he's been a little bored with us.

Food - loved the Thai last night, have some leftover. It's so easy to just eat out all the time but I think we're out of our eating out money for this pay. I have stuff to make hamburgers tonight which is easy. I've been able to eat fine but do not feel I've been eating very healthy. I really think I need more water, for some reason I am not good with that. I woke up last night with a painfully full bladder, 2x, and figured out it's the swelling going down through my kidneys to pee out....I wake up and it just hits me and I have to get to the bathroom *NOW*.

We finally got the network bridge setup to stream Netflix on our TV, DH accomplished that today after many attempts at getting the connection going with our modem. We can also stream a bunch of free stuff from amazon with our prime membership.

I *could* be 39w tomorrow, or Monday. There are two possible conception dates that are possibilities. Midwives have the later date. I'm still doing good though in just waiting! I've started to become less ready to face labor so it can wait a little bit. Baby seems to be going posterior a lot lately, and I've recently seen the chiro too.

My brother's birthday is the 8th, and DS's the 30th. We have 3 May birthdays.

Have the calls started? I got two calls today from people at church asking how I was doing and if I thought the baby was going to come soon. I never had this with DS since he came before people started asking (38+3).

#13 ·
I haven't felt like eating either. Mostly I've been eating toast with coconut oil and honey.

DH wanted to send a picture text to our families of his friend's new baby as an April Fool's joke. I wouldn't let him - too mean!

Yes, the phone calls have started! My mom called and my mother in law, who never calls me, called too.

#14 ·
Count me in with the not-eating thing. Until dinner, all I had was a snack sized bag of chips. I ate a good-sized dinner though - an egg and cheese sandwich, hash browns, and a brownie with ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup (hey, I hadn't eaten all day, I can splurge a bit!). It's been more than two hours since we ate and I'm still feeling soooo stuffed!

There were only a few things left I HAD to do before the birth and I got them done today. I removed my nipple piercings that I've had for four years (my boobs look WEIRD!) and I got the carseat base hooked in and the car cleaned out. I still haven't bothered getting some of the baby's stuff out of the box we've got it all in and into the dresser, but that's not something that MUST be done, so I'm taking my time. It's really cool - my MIL had two boxes full of clothes that she's had for all of her kids, even BIL who is 35 and she gave them to us. And you couldn't really find out the sex back then so a lot of it's unisex. It's the cutest, quaintest stuff. I love it! So we hardly had to buy anything clothing-wise and no sweaters or blankets.

I did a lot of walking around today and climbed way too many stairs. The contractions are feeling stronger every day, but still no change in my cervix. Here's hoping things start happening soon! As of 1:20 this afternoon, I am officially the most pregnant I've ever been.

#15 ·
The only thing that I really feel like eating right now is raw fruit. I'm also having a craving for lime flavored things.

I am 39 weeks today and actually feel pretty good overall and in a good mood. I am glad spring is finally here. I'm impatient, but figure the baby will come when she is ready.

Today was hopefully my last day at work before I go on maternity leave. I felt like a kid eager to start summer vacation. If I don't go into labor over the weekend, I will go into work as much as I can next week so I can conserve my leave time.

People keep telling us about all the stuff we supposedly won't be able to do with a baby around to take care of. Every year my husband and I have a giant organic garden. We grow strawberries, raspberries, grapes, tomatoes, greens, squash..a whole bunch of stuff. Then we preserve (canning or freezing) the things we grow. Some of the people we know have claimed that we "won't have time" to do this much work when the baby arrives. I really see no reason, in a 2 parent household, why we would have to cut back on our gardening/home preserving.

One of my friends just gifted me one of these: http://www.babybullet.com/. They have a buy one-get-one-free deal. I'm excited to do our own baby food!

#16 ·
what a weird thing to say, re: gardening. all the big gardeners that i know are people with families, my own included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppiegirl View Post

The only thing that I really feel like eating right now is raw fruit. I'm also having a craving for lime flavored things.

I am 39 weeks today and actually feel pretty good overall and in a good mood. I am glad spring is finally here. I'm impatient, but figure the baby will come when she is ready.

Today was hopefully my last day at work before I go on maternity leave. I felt like a kid eager to start summer vacation. If I don't go into labor over the weekend, I will go into work as much as I can next week so I can conserve my leave time.

People keep telling us about all the stuff we supposedly won't be able to do with a baby around to take care of. Every year my husband and I have a giant organic garden. We grow strawberries, raspberries, grapes, tomatoes, greens, squash..a whole bunch of stuff. Then we preserve (canning or freezing) the things we grow. Some of the people we know have claimed that we "won't have time" to do this much work when the baby arrives. I really see no reason, in a 2 parent household, why we would have to cut back on our gardening/home preserving.

One of my friends just gifted me one of these: http://www.babybullet.com/. They have a buy one-get-one-free deal. I'm excited to do our own baby food!

#17 ·
so weird. we do the same stuff and we already have 4 kids(one is SN) i get them to help or they hang out in the kitchen or in a sling with me. In fact when I had number 3 I worked on an organic fruit and flower farm. all my kids came too . I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppiegirl View Post

#19 ·
Yeah, to me, it seems like babies, kids and gardens and food preparation go perfectly well together!

I have great memories from my childhood of eating the things that my family grew in the garden.

I have a pre-teen niece who is a very picky eater and hates vegetables. One day last spring, she was over at our house and came out to the garden with me. I was harvesting fresh spinach and offered her a leaf to taste without telling her what it was. She'd been told by her mom and peers that spinach was disgusting and so she had never had a chance to try it! She loved it and ate a whole bowl of plain, fresh spinach that she picked herself. I was so proud of her.

It isn't like we are going to have a baby and then suddenly start buying convenience and fast foods. I haven't quite figured out how we will address the tendency of certain family members to take kids out for fast food as treats. My FIL told us quite proudly the other day how he fed our 1 year old niece a whole Happy Meal hamburger while he was watching her. UGH. Yeah, we will have to sit the grandparents down and talk to them about the proper feeding of our kiddo.

To me, the time spent out in the garden, growing and then preserving and preparing all of our own food is more worthwhile and important than most other activities.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

41 weeks today!!! BabyCenter sent me a nice little email about my "1 week old baby" this morning. lol
HA! They assume so much :).

I emailed the mod to get our belly pics and baby pics stickied....looks like the belly pics is now stickied.

I did a pilates workout today, it felt good.

My project lately has been getting color-bleeding stains out of my Kozy Mei Tai.
angry.gif
DH found it in his trunk, with orange wiper fluid having leaked all over it. We haven't worn DS in months so I don't know how long it was in there. It was still damp from the fluid and has orange marks on it. This link is to the pattern I have http://kozyfabrics.homestead.com/Browntown.html, and I've never washed it before, so the brown must have bled onto the cream. I've done 3 oxyclean soaks and am on my third wash, and it's getting better. Most recently I sprayed it with Resolve laundry spray and let it sit for a while. In the first oxyclean soak, the water in the bucket was very orange/brown!! I made the mistake of using hot water in that soak and should have used cold, I think I caused MORE bleeding to occur.

Anyone have plans today? We don't. I may see about getting a copy of the second book after Hunger Games, which I read last week. I guess it's not in paperback yet so I don't really want to buy it, so I'm about to check our library's website, hoping they're not all on hold.

#22 ·
Today I waddled over to Old Navy to try to find some bigger maternity bottoms. All of the belly panels in my current pants are digging into my belly now. I didn't have much luck as their store selection is terrible compared to their online selection.

My allergies have flared up really bad. Right now I am so congested and my nose is raw from blowing it so often. I've been having tons of BH contractions. I'm not a nice person to be around. I just want to sleep all day but can't even manage that due to being so uncomfortable.

At least the weather is nice, even if it is the cause of the damn allergy misery.

#23 ·
My sister and fam arrived today. They are on spring break and will be staying all week! I'm 38 weeks, but sis is pulling hard for baby to come early so she can be there for the birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Today I waddled over to Old Navy to try to find some bigger maternity bottoms. All of the belly panels in my current pants are digging into my belly now. I didn't have much luck as their store selection is terrible compared to their online selection.
I am SO over maternity clothes! Not only do I refuse to buy anything, every time I get dressed for work I say, okay you only have to wear this 3 more times.... this week I'll be saying 2!

#24 ·
I've been wearing my Old Navy yoga pants more often than not....

#25 ·
Dang, I'm so jealous of you all that are so close to delivering, im 36.5 weeks and it seems like I will be pregnant forever, considering it could be another 5.5 more weeks. I had dd at 39w, but I was way more dilated than I am now, so I feel like I will go later with baby boy here. Just trying to keep busy now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.