Mothering Forum banner

It's a girl!

882 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  2FarmBoysMomma 
#1 ·
My baby was born on April 1st!

I woke up at about 3:30 am starving so I had some leftovers and decided to go sit outside since I could not sleep. Around 4:00am I had some contractions about 10 min apart and decided to go back to bed around 5 something. I got up around 7 something and I was having these cramping feelings but not classic contraction feelings. At 7:30am I called my mom to get my kids and told my midwife that today was the day just to gove her a heads up.

I called my midwife again around 10:15 am and told her that I was having intense erractily spaced crampy feelings and could not figure out where I was in my labor. She thought it could be more of an early labor and suggested I get into the shower and drink some water to see if that changed things up. By 10:30 I went into full on 2.5 minutes-3 minutes apart contractions and told dh to call them NOW. Not long after, I started to feel the urge to push at the very end of the contractions so dh got the bathroom set up (I was still in the shower since it felt good).

The midwives arrived and about 5 minutes later she was born into daddy's arms! A little girl, 8lbs 6oz and 21 inches. It was only about 35 minutes from when I was sure I was in active labor to her being born! This is my 3rd baby and I am suprised that I could not discern where I was in labor but I am so happy with the way it went. We are so grateful to the Lord for such a great birth-day and sweet baby!

See less See more
#10 ·
That is fantastic! Way to go mama. Did you tear at all? How are you doing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.