Time for the overdue thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know we have had lots of early babies in this DDC, but I know there are several of us at or past our EDDs -- how is everyone holding up?

I'm 40 weeks today, feeling pretty good, and just waiting.  I'm hoping to keep as good a perspective as KaPOW (Sarah) as I go here!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#2 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 AM

I was due on the 9th, i'm miserable honestly....and getting drained emotionally and physically. Been having 3 weeks of predominal labor and i'm not sure how much more i can take. I lost a huge mucus plug last night after DTD. I know that baby will come but......last baby was 10+2 at term and i'm a bit nervous about another big baby. Along with being soooo uncomfortable 24/7. My pelvis is sooo sore, having constant BH. I can barely deal with life. I'm a complete witch! Sorry for all the negativity...but i'm soooo READY!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM

40 weeks and 3 days here. I am done being pregnant. It has become physically hard to move around. This baby is so low and heavy it feels like I am carrying around a bowling ball in my pelvis. I was going to try and keep going to work until I went into labor. I made it to work part time last week. I started my maternity leave today. I spent all my time at work waddling to the bathroom anyway. I'm having a lot of lower back pain, menstrual type cramping, mild contractions and my feet are starting to swell this week and need to be propped up, which is impossible to do at work. I also get so wiped out at work and don't have a place to go take a break and lay down, so I'm just sticking around home until the baby gets here.

I've started getting the daily phone calls, texts and emails from everyone I know...asking if I'm in labor yet. Sigh.

I'm trying to stay upbeat, positive and conserve my energy!

#4 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Um... "overdue" is past 42 weeks. Technically, no one with an April due date can be "overdue" until the 15th, and that would only be for those due on April 1st! ;)

Relax ladies... don't let the "peer pressure" of all the early babies get to you.

#5 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh yamilee, don't deny us uncomfortable women the right to commiserate and support each other.

EricaRN, Julieee and beckwith like this.
#6 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm 40w2d today and not feeling particularly overdue yet duck.gif Still have quite a few things left on my to do list (though it won't be a problem if baby comes before it's all done). I'm also looking forward to a massage Wednesday and a mom's group Thursday so I'm kinda hoping baby waits until Friday or later.

The date I've had in my head since the first tri is Sunday the 17th. Since DS came near the full moon, I'm expecting this one to as well.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#7 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Haha, guppiegirl, I have no pity, since my last baby was born at 42 weeks and 5 days. winky.gif But it has been tough to watch so many babies come early in this DDC; I don't remember so many early births in my previous DDCs on this forum. You kind of expect it on mainstream forums, because everyone is getting induced, but it is surprising here.

I'm uncomfortable and miserable too, btw - baby is *still* breech; between asthma, acid reflux and pregnancy rhinitis, I can't breathe and have to sleep sitting up; my babies tend to be very big, so I am huge (as in, strangers pointing and staring at me in public) even though I have only gained 6 pounds for the entire pregnancy; my older two have suddenly discovered the joys of fighting non-stop... and we are still dealing with the aftermath of my mother and aunt having been killed by a drunk driver a few months ago. So yeah, I know misery. My EDD is Wednesday, but my midwife is at a conference and won't be back until Saturday, so I definitely don't want this baby to come "on time" - I need to put up with the discomfort at least until I am sure my midwife will be able to attend the birth (she has a great backup, but it wouldn't be the same). smile.gif

#8 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

We can call it the past edd thread if it makes you feel better ;) --  I just used the term I've seen in other DDC's.

I'm right smack in the middle of my window from previous births, I've been as early as 4 days and as late as 4 days.  The one who was 'late' was a picture perfect, painfree birth, I'd take that one again in a second!

Sorry some aren't feeling so well, that makes the waiting so much harder.

I have to say it is pretty funny to watch people's faces when they ask when you are due and you say "Today".  I know it gets better when you can say x days ago! 

#9 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post

... I have to say it is pretty funny to watch people's faces when they ask when you are due and you say "Today".  I know it gets better when you can say x days ago! 

I had so much fun with that last time around... we went out to eat on the day I was 42 weeks, and someone said to me, "Wow, you are really big... when is your due date?" It was hilarious to watch her jaw drop when I answered, "Two weeks ago."

#10 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilee21 View Post

I had so much fun with that last time around... we went out to eat on the day I was 42 weeks, and someone said to me, "Wow, you are really big... when is your due date?" It was hilarious to watch her jaw drop when I answered, "Two weeks ago."

I bet that was great!  I can just see it -- the eyes get big and they back away like you are going to burst or ask them to catch your baby or something!

#11 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Still here too, 39 weeks today so not overdue. I am getting sick of the pretty much constant contractions I've been having. I feel like I'm housebound, cause I don't want to be too far away when I'm in labor.

I have late babies too though, so I won't be surprised when/if this one goes late too. I've never had this much pre-labor and this baby is definitely lower than any of my girls were before labor. I'm just hoping this means he won't have as far to go and I'll get an easy labor and birth. My girls are so excited, it' s not easy to tell a 5- year old that we don't know when her brother's birthday is, but it will be any day now.  

Glad I'm not the only one left here. Here's to hoping all of our babies come out easily on the day they are supposed to! thumb.gif

#12 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM

Well my due date is Wednesday - so not overdue yet but like mama23wildponie...3 weeks of early labor fun.  I've had all the accompanying signs of labor is right around the corner and then no baby.  It becomes very discouraging.  Today I could barely walk my son around the block while pushing him in his stroller because baby is even lower (he was at 0 station last thursday) and it was so painful between the waddle and the onslaught of contractions! 

I'm going to call my acupuncturist in the am if things aren't happening and make another apt for tomorrow.  If for no other reason than to relax me even more.  I also ate a ton of Italian herbs on my dinner (which I must say was fabulous if I do say so myself) that are known to cause active labor.  Totally had a nice glass of wine as well :) 

I also have gotten discouraged/slightly jealous of all of these early babes in this forum!  My DS was 10 days early, so this is definitely the most pregnant I have ever been in my life.  Such a challenge in these last few moments.......please let it be mere moments!!!!  geez! 

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#13 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.

Midwives checked me today: 80 percent effaced not even a centimeter open and the babes head is still "floating," so it's looking like I've got a while to go yet. And I lost my mucus plug 2 weeks ago and have been having mild contractions for about 2 weeks--frustrating!

I'm going for a vbac but the longest they will let me go is 41 weeks so my c-section appointment has been all set up as of today. I've got one week to kick into labor or we go c-section. I'm comfortable with a c-section, although I'd prefer to go into labor...I've got a week...it could still happen!

#14 of 20 Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

41 weeks and 2 days, and I'm all tired out and miserable.  Lots of pre-labor and false alarms the last few weeks--my body is ready for labor, but the baby isn't done cooking yet.  Two young children keep undoing all my efforts to keep the place homebirth-ready. 

#15 of 20 Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 PM

I'm due today.  They're doing a non-stress test and checking the fluid level on Friday so I'm nervous about that.  I was induced last time at 40 weeks 2 days for "low fluid".  I really want to go on my own this time!!!!  Then they're already said that next week we'll do a biophysical profile.  I think 11 days is the "max" they'll "let" you go over.  I'll be begging I guess.

#16 of 20 Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl2008 View Post

I'm due today.  They're doing a non-stress test and checking the fluid level on Friday so I'm nervous about that.  I was induced last time at 40 weeks 2 days for "low fluid".  I really want to go on my own this time!!!!  Then they're already said that next week we'll do a biophysical profile.  I think 11 days is the "max" they'll "let" you go over.  I'll be begging I guess.

Make sure you are well hydrated before you go in to have your fluid levels checked, if you aren't, your levels could look low. 

I had a growth u/s last week to check baby and fluid and it all came back good, but I understand the nervous part!

#17 of 20 Old 04-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Thanks Nadia!  I've been drinking and drinking to get ready for it!  One of the "new" midwives in the practice said that I was probably just getting ready for labor last time and that is what it was low.  Too bad she wasn't there back then I guess....but the practice still has their "protocol" I guess.  I just want to avoid an induction so bad!!

That is great that your ultrasound came back good!  Yay!!  

#18 of 20 Old 04-13-2011, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Vaske, I hear you on your efforts being undone all the time, it is so hard to get caught up and then even harder to stay that way!

Anyone else planning little things each day to keep them occupied?  I need to make a chiro appt, I figure I will make sure everything is as lined up as it can be, my chiro jokes that she likes to make sure that the baby will just fall out;).  I also bought paint for the kitchen, I'm thinking about aiming to get the one big wall done today.  And I have a sock to finish knitting for dd so she has a complete pair.

#19 of 20 Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 AM

I am 40w6d here and starting to feel rather miserable!  I am only miserable because I keep getting a few contractions and then...NOTHING!  AAAAHHHH!  I didn't gain a ton of weight (25lbs) so I physically feel alright, it more the emotional toll this is taking on DH and I.  I am really hoping to avoid an induction (because this is supposed to be a planned homebirth), so I am having my membranes stripped this afternoon.  Hopefully that will do the trick!

#20 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNMmama View Post

I am 40w6d here and starting to feel rather miserable!  I am only miserable because I keep getting a few contractions and then...NOTHING!  AAAAHHHH!  I didn't gain a ton of weight (25lbs) so I physically feel alright, it more the emotional toll this is taking on DH and I.  I am really hoping to avoid an induction (because this is supposed to be a planned homebirth), so I am having my membranes stripped this afternoon.  Hopefully that will do the trick!

I hope the membrane sweep helped you and you are holding your baby right now!  I'm thinking I might do that at 41 weeks -- my next appt is Monday, I figure that + Supermoon might do the trick if nothing does before that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page