Anyone else feel like baby is NEVER going to come? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 04-12-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really feel like this baby is never going to come.  I'm 38w5d so I shouldn't really be complaining yet since I'm not even overdue but I can't help it.  Probably because I went to 41w6d with DS and had a failed induction turned unnecesarean and then had PROM followed by labor not starting with DD who wasn't born until 44 hours later.  So I've never gone into labor on my own.  This is my 3rd baby but I'm like a first time mom at this stage.  I feel like I'm going to go to 42w and have to be induced.  It's hard not feeling depressed at this point.  Anyone else feel the same way?

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ME! The last couple weeks are the hardest. It's funny because when the baby is finally born, I always think ohh man, there is so much I should have been doing in those last two weeks instead of anxiously pacing around. Like taking more naps and enjoying a shower that lasts more than 5 minutes.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#3 of 36 Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 PM

This is my 9th, I was due on Saturday.  All my others were late, my earliest was 13 days past my due date.  I feel like I have been pregnant forever.  I want to say all these encouraging things to you, but honestly?  this part sucks.  The end is awful.  I'd say the only good part about the end is that whenever you call someone they nearly have a heart attack thinking "this is it".  lol  I am so mean. 

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#4 of 36 Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM

I feel ya this is my second and I'm 37w4d still feeling like hes never going to come. I went a week overdo with my first and he was 9lbs6oz and we had a difficult labor so I'm getting anxious with this one. I keep getting menstrual like cramping thats lasts a few hours and then peters out. They'll be here before we know it I'm sure always seems like the last few weeks take the longest though!

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     
#5 of 36 Old 04-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Yes! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. DS was born at 37+1 and I was so focused on the whole "second babies come earlier" thing that I've been in ready mode for three weeks now. When I walk around, I can get fairly strong contractions going, but they always stop when I get home and relax. I actually thought I was in labor for a couple of hours once, but it stopped too (I think it was just bad gas TBH). Beyond that, I haven't had any false labor "scares" or anything like that, so I'm just waiting. I tried black cohosh, but it didn't do anything. I'm thinking about getting out the breast pump tonight and seeing if that helps anything.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#6 of 36 Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Hey ladies!!  I know the waiting is so hard (easy for me to say being on the other side of it!) but I'm thinking of all of you.  I was really expecting to still be pregnant on this date.  I can't believe I had him early and tbh my second was the longest gestation and by far the easiest labor of the 3.  Wishing you all wonderful peaceful labors and SOON!  I'm waiting to see all of those beautiful baby pics!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

I'm thinking about getting out the breast pump tonight and seeing if that helps anything.

Be careful.  I was pumping once a day from 38+ with DD since I have Insufficient Glandular Tissue and a low supply and it caused PROM and then a long, hard labor.  If you start getting strong contractions I would stop.  I'm avoiding any type of nipple stimuation this time to be extra careful.  Although if I go to 42 I would probably try to induce naturally before anything else.

#8 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM

I tried the pump a bit - I did three rounds of 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off, then stopped. I just didn't like the way it felt and it squigged me out. It feels totally different when you're pumping and getting something than when you're pumping and nothing's coming out. It didn't really do anything. The contractions I always feel when I stand up from going to the bathroom (I guess the semi-squat position gets things going?) felt stronger, but that was about it.

Speaking of going to the bathroom, the past two nights, I have been up every. single. hour. I'm sick of having to pee all the time! I'd think it meant the baby's dropped, but s/he doesn't feel any different, so who knows. I am 39 weeks today and DS will be gone all weekend, so I'm hoping I have the kiddo today or tomorrow, or else not until next week.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#9 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 AM

Tired of waiting here too.  We've been so busy with our move, now that we're sort of settled down, the last couple of weeks are dragging by.  I'm so, so uncomfortable, and ready for this part to be over.  I'm about 39 weeks, due one day middle of next week.  I don't feel like she will wait that long to come, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.  I had a lot of contractions yesterday after my doctor visit, and got all anxious and excited, but they stopped last night and today I am just tired and sore.  

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#10 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 AM

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. I had a stress test/ultrasound yesterday. The baby kept kicking the monitor off my stomach! She is very active, strong and looks like a little chubber. She is down low in my pelvis, so we couldn't really see her face on the ultrasound. I was worried about the size of her head, because babies in my family tend to have giant heads and take some work to push out, but her head is normal sized.

Everything looks great, but my obgyn will not let me go past 42 weeks (hospital birth + insurance + living in a backwards state + "advanced maternal age"). If I don't have the baby by middle of next week, she is going to have me medically induced. I want to avoid a medical induction and am doing everything I can to try to get my body to go into labor on its own. I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow and plan to just keep moving around as much as I can, hoping it will encourage the baby to come out on her own.

I'm pretty uncomfortable and by the end of each day, I feel emotionally raw. I'm normally pretty even keeled, but the constant "where's that baby! go get induced!" from everyone is taking its toll.

To add to this, my mom is creating unnecessary drama...she really wants to be at the birth and kept telling me that she was with my sister when she had her oldest daughter. I was talking with my sister yesterday and mentioned this. My sister said, "uh, no, mom was NOT with me when I gave birth. She was in the waiting room." My mom has also gotten the idea in her head that I have to "decide on whether to get a c section" ASAP and has been calling other family members and getting them all worried. I think that my mom means well, but she loves drama and is willing to spin some wild stories in order to get something she wants (attention, sympathy, access to me while I am giving birth).

I'm currently just trying to cocoon myself with happy and relaxing thoughts!

#11 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 AM

38w2d here, so I know I have a ways to go most likely, but it's frustrating to feel NOTHING that I might call a lead up. Braxton Hicks, but even those are completely painless and I'm not always sure that's what they are (as opposed to just the baby moving). I wish I had some physical sign that labor might be on its way somewhat soon, but nada.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#12 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM

I understand everyone's plight!  I was in labor for 16+ hrs last night...midwives were here until 5 am.  Had castor oil and a huge body clean out.  Bloody show but I got stuck @ 3 cm.  So, I totally understand.  Today I have many contractions that are definitely stronger than yesterday so wondering...but who knows?  I was told to rest as much as humanly possible because that could've been what made everything stop...being tired. 

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#13 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Guppiegirl- to buy yourself a few extra days you could always pull the "I'm sick and can't make it in for my induction today" thing. Or "My babysitter just backed out and I have no one to watch the kids so I have to reschedule" thing. Or both to reschedule twice. lol. No Dr will drop you for a "legit" reason like that and you can just be really apologetic. It would buy you a few extra days which might just be what you need. Good luck with your mom too. My mom is EXACTLY the same way!! Except when it comes to labor/babies. She isn't happy we're having another baby and does NOT want to be a part of it. lol. whatever. But every other area in life she's the same way. Drama drama drama. And making sure everyone knows that she's the best grandmother in the whole world. Lots of hugs and kisses for the kids when people are around and when it's just us she's always too busy for us to come over, etc. It's disgusting. Sorry you have one of those too. Good thing we'll be better mothers to OUR children, right? :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#14 of 36 Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by organicviolin View Post

I understand everyone's plight!  I was in labor for 16+ hrs last night...midwives were here until 5 am.  Had castor oil and a huge body clean out.  Bloody show but I got stuck @ 3 cm.  So, I totally understand.  Today I have many contractions that are definitely stronger than yesterday so wondering...but who knows?  I was told to rest as much as humanly possible because that could've been what made everything stop...being tired. 

Any chance you live in Central NJ and are using Pam & Louise?  My MW was at a labor EXACTLY like that last night for someone with your due date...

#15 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 AM

yup that was me!  Still no baby.  I have given up that this kid is ever coming out.  that's funny that you're seeing Pam and Louise as well!  When's your due date?

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#16 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by organicviolin View Post

yup that was me!  Still no baby.  I have given up that this kid is ever coming out.  that's funny that you're seeing Pam and Louise as well!  When's your due date?

Haha, small world  :)  I thought your labor sounded too familiar.  I'm next after you.  I'm due the 20th.  I let Pam check me yesterday because I've been trying to reach my cervix with no luck and it's driving me crazy.  No dilation but I'm 50% effaced and 'very soft' so atleast something is starting to happen.  Planning on enlisting DH's 'help' this weekend and hoping the full moon coming up will kick things into gear.

#17 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post

Quote:

Haha, small world  :)  I thought your labor sounded too familiar.  I'm next after you.  I'm due the 20th.  I let Pam check me yesterday because I've been trying to reach my cervix with no luck and it's driving me crazy.  No dilation but I'm 50% effaced and 'very soft' so atleast something is starting to happen.  Planning on enlisting DH's 'help' this weekend and hoping the full moon coming up will kick things into gear.

I think I'm becoming famous for the longest labors ever!!!  I am totally hoping that the full moon has an effect.  My first was born 2 days before full moon.  Well, I'm currently 3 cm and like 80% effaced - as least as of a day ago.  Still contracting, which as I told my family means nothing.  Don't think I'll know when I'm having a baby at this point in the game.  :-)  Where in central NJ are you located!?  Maybe we'll have twins!!! LOL

#18 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 PM

I totally feel like baby is never going to come BUT on the other hand, I'm only 38w2d so it is ridiculous to even think that. I went into labor with DD at 39weeks even, and have been feeling really nesty, baby is engaged, I'm effacing, dilating, bloody show, braxtonhicks/contractions are getting stronger when they do come, so something is happening at least. I just really don't want to go to 42 weeks! I know that sounds awful, but I'm feeling so so huge this time around and barely sleeping and peeing ALL the time. When I roll over in bed at night, my hips are cracking and grinding and my belly sloshes (sorry, best way to describe it!) I'm now more ready to have the baby out than in, if you know what I mean! Plus, going into labor this weekend would be so convenient - we have some events that I don't really want to go to lol

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#19 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM

I am going to be 41 weeks tomorrow.  I have never gone more than 8 days after my due date, so I kind of expected to have something going on by now--definitely by Sunday!  No signs at all yet, just feeling more and more uncomfortable.

#20 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 03:20 PM

I'm 41 weeks today. I had an acupuncture treatment this afternoon and have started losing pieces of my mucous plug since then. If I haven't gone into labor over the weekend, I'm getting another treatment done on Monday. I am feeling excited and hopeful.

#21 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Today I am 38w3d and though I would like to go into labor ASAP I also want q big healthy baby and have to remind myself that it will come when ready. I have been exhausted recently though, probably because I have been sewing and cooking up a storm. The freezer is WAY stocked. I have been having more and stronger BH contractions and they have changed to being lower in my uterus. I also have more achy, menstrual type cramps. My hips are killing me though, and that in addition to peeing at least every 2 hours at night do make one anxious for the end. Plus I feel every so puffy, nothing fits and my boobs have grown out of all but one bra...

Almost there though! I am sure some of you fine ladies have gone into labor now! 

partytime.gifBabytime! treehugger.gifMomma to Wyatt born April 2012 h20homebirth.gif

#22 of 36 Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM

I feel you there I am 38w and feel exactly the same way you do. Same signs, I to am hoping to go soon. My doc sent a induction date of th 25th because baby is showing signs of being big like my first who was 9.6lbs I am hoping to go on my own without having to be induced.

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     
#23 of 36 Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppiegirl View Post

To add to this, my mom is creating unnecessary drama...she really wants to be at the birth and kept telling me that she was with my sister when she had her oldest daughter. I was talking with my sister yesterday and mentioned this. My sister said, "uh, no, mom was NOT with me when I gave birth. She was in the waiting room." My mom has also gotten the idea in her head that I have to "decide on whether to get a c section" ASAP and has been calling other family members and getting them all worried. I think that my mom means well, but she loves drama and is willing to spin some wild stories in order to get something she wants (attention, sympathy, access to me while I am giving birth).

I'm currently just trying to cocoon myself with happy and relaxing thoughts!

I think ignoring other's needs during these last days and during our labors is the best thing to do. But it is hard. I have slipped and let it be known to my sister that I may not call anyone until after the baby is born. I don't think she plans to be at the hospital, but my grandma does and she is the biggest pain. She literally convinced the nurses to let her and my aunt stay when my niece was born. And who wants to cause a scene when your sister is about to give birth kwim? So I  told my sister I don't even want gma at the hospital because it going to stress me out to have to kick her out of my room as I don't want to hurt her feelings, so go back around the drawing board of it is easier just to not let anyone know. And I love my grandma, it is just that I don't think her presence will help my birthing process and if there is one time to be selfish, it is while you are giving birth imo.

As for being pregnant forever, yes I feel that way, I so hope I have dd before 41 weeks as that is when NST start and I will be getting my membranes stripped, would love to to already have a baby in my arms rather than have to do the extra tests and measures. But we'll just have to wait and see. Pregnancy isn't really bothering me, I can last a couple more weeks okay i suppose, lol but I know she will eventually be evicted if she doesn't come out on her own, just hoping she gets to choose her birthday, that is all.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#24 of 36 Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Still waiting here.  My EDD is tomorrow.  I really had hopes that full moon might do something...  I thought I was having contractions yesterday morning for awhile but they stopped when I took a nap.  Nothing today.  It is so hard to be patient at this point.  May 4th will be 42 weeks according to my calculations, my MWs have me as 2 days later so that is May 6th.  I'm trying to come up with a gameplan of what I'm going to do if I get to May still pregnant.  I'll probably try acupuncture or something like that first.

My FB status today was "I really wish I was one of the women who could walk into the OB and say "I'm tired of being pregnant, induce me please.""

#25 of 36 Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post

My FB status today was "I really wish I was one of the women who could walk into the OB and say "I'm tired of being pregnant, induce me please.""

I am feeling the same way.  10 days past my edd today and so tired I can barely function. 

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#26 of 36 Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

I feel for you mama.  How long will your mw or ob 'let you go'? 

It doesn't help that I asked my SIL who is due May 9th if anything is happening and she's 4.5cm dialated and 80% effaced.  What the heck?  Why didn't I get any easy birthing genes?  Her DS came 2 weeks early after an easy and uneventful labor.

#27 of 36 Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Yep, I'm here too. EDD was yesterday. The daily check-in phone calls started a couple days ago. Everything is ready for our homebirth, just gotta wait now. It's so hard to tell my daughters that they can't make any definite plans with their friends, just in case. 

I'm just tired of this. All of my babies have been late. I know the baby will come when he's ready, I just wish I knew what date he has in mind! :)

Oh well, hugs to everyone and I hope we all have our babies soon.

#28 of 36 Old 04-24-2011, 05:57 AM

I'm starting to feel this way myself. My EDD is today. I've been having ctx and crampiness and extra BMs (though not loose) for a week and a half now. A week ago thursday I was sure I was going to have the baby within the next day but nothing. This was super hard for me to adjust to the idea that the baby wasn't on its way just then. With both my others, once ctx started, the baby was here inside of 24 hours. This drawn out, prodromal-esque thing is new to me. And it sucks. I really feel for you ladies who do this for weeks and weeks. I am feeling thankful that at most I have another 10-14 days of this.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#29 of 36 Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 40w4d today and feeling very depressed.  My SIL who was due May 9th is at the hospital having her baby already.  When DH told me that a couple hours ago I burst into tears.  I'm facing induction next weekend which I do not want.  But half of me wants to just drink the damned castor oil now and get this whole thing over with. 

#30 of 36 Old 04-24-2011, 05:22 PM

You can definitely add me in this group.  I've had practice labour for over two weeks now.  So many false starts have made me feel like this baby will never leave my belly.  Well I guess he'll get evicted in a week anyway, but it still feels like this pregnancy is never going to end.  I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page