Just Joining =) having small signs labor is nearing - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-12-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! Just found these forums! Wish I had long ago! I am 37w4d and getting impatient =) I know I shouldn't be yet but its hard not to be excited! This is my second another boy!

I went a week over with my first and he weighed 9lbs 6ozs and we had a pretty difficult labor almost ended up a c section but doctor was able to assist to help him out.

So far I have had a pretty uneventful pregnancy other then some hip pain with my sciatic(sp?) nerve. The last 3 days or so I have had some mentrual like cramping in the afternoons that follow through until bed time but they are gone by morning. I figure this is just my cervix starting to rippen and slowly dilate. I get checked thrusday to see if theres any progress.

I am married to my best friend of 5 years and our first son is 3years old =) We are very excited to be having another boy! We are very outdoorsy people and my husband farms for a living we LOVE it!

Sending good baby vibes everyones way!

Can someone help me out with the meanings of some of the abreviations used on here I am LOST! haha Thanks

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM

WElcome, and sending you labor vibes :) !! I hope it starts for you soon. You sound so excited to meet your baby!

I'm 38w tomorrow and have been having similar signs, with some menstrual like cramping that comes and goes, but so far nothing has come of it.

Which abbreviations in particular would you like to know about?

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#3 of 5 Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

and I'll send some your way =) Um mostly the D ones I don't understand like DS DD DH? they are probably obvious and I'm just over thinking it =)

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     

#4 of 5 Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DD = dear daughter

DS = dear son

DH = dear husband

DP = dear partner

Quick way of referring to our family members.

Welcome! Things are moving along pretty well for April, before the month even started!  Can't wait to hear your birth story. Sounds like your body is definitely getting ready.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#5 of 5 Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! I will be sure to post I love reading everyones stories! They are so inspiring! I wish we had better midwifing services by us! I'll be delivering in the hospital I don't think the hubby would allow a home delivery either way orngtongue.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page