Making Progress and Induction date set =/ - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Doctor says I'm 2 to 3cms dilated and a good 50% effaced. Baby is showing signs of being big like my DS who was 9lbs6oz and almost sent me to an emergency c section because he got stuck. So that being said Doc has given me until the 25th to go on my own or were getting induced that night. I'm so so about it I'm 38weeks right now and I'll be 39w2days for on the induction date. I'm crossing my fingers I go on my own I don't really want to be induced as I was with my first and I'm looking forward to experience labor on my own for once. But all in all I'll just be glad to be holding my healthy baby boy =)

ETA: What do you think the chance is I may go into labor before my induction date?

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 PM

You and I have the same induction date. smile.gif but on the 25th I will be 41+3. Last time I held my ground with m doc who really wanted to induce me early because he was worried the baby would be big. I can't remember how I got him to let me go until 41 weeks, but I ended up going into natural labor just before my induction. As it turns out, he was a big baby, just like my first, both of whom I was able to birth vaginally with a little help with my OB's skilled hands. Maybe that is why this time he isn't giving me too much grief about going overdue. Of course, I started working him around week 36 about going to 41 weeks. smile.gif

Good luck to you mama. Perhaps try some natural ways to get things going, like evening primrose oil, long walks, etc.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#3 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Some contractions started about 2:30 and are right around 10mins apart. Hopefully they stick!

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     

#4 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 06:33 AM

In labor?  I would try to induce naturally before the induction if I were you.  If I go overdue (my MWs would let me go to 42) at 41w6d I'd be drinking that bottle of castor oil.  Pitocin really really sucks.  I would try anything possible before agreeing to that again...

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#5 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 06:59 AM

if you have no health problems, i would hold off induction until at least your edd. I will be avoid induction at all possible costs. I will have my membranes stripped at 41 weeks if I have not had dd by then, and I will probably drink the castor oil as pp mentioned after having that done to help get things started. There are other induction methods besides pitocin, the foley bulb is another option.

Good luck!

FWIW, I had a big, 9lb baby as well, the only thing is they said he was going to be 7lbs, sometimes they are wrong on their estimates!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#6 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 AM

Fingers crossed that by setting the eviction date your baby is going to show up on his own!  Speedy labor vibes!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#7 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

My doc knows I am completely against C section and I think this is why he has set the induction date. I have sugar problems which creates the big baby issue. I watched my eating completely with my first monitored all my levels after eating and still end with a large baby. I have managed to stay way from actual diabetes this time but each time I indulge a little my weight sky rockets and I spill sugar into my urine, so it has been the blane diabetic diet this time for me as well although not far from my normal diet so I don't mind to much.

My uterus was measuring 39 almost 40 weeks on friday and this is why he mention the induction or eviction (I totally agree with this term) My fuild levels were checked and measuring normal so this is where he gets his big baby theroy from I believe.

I would like for baby to come on his own as well which I thought was happening today but contractions have stopped greensad.gif. I have done some reading on self inducing I'm not about to try the whole casterol oil thing I'm not brave enough haha. But since I am dilated and was contracting for 5 hours through the early morning would nipple stimulation be ok to try?

#8 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 AM

Sex first...actually at least once a day.....epo oil inserted everynight....and relax....also know that baby will come when its the right time....and that you dont have to show up for any induction! Its your body, your baby! And know that everything will turn out the was is should. Sending love, support and labor vibes your way!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page